Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

Has anyone else seen their hex-nail magically switch temps from 640 to 980? Setting it back down does work but pretty concerning that it would update temps like this.

Also, @HexNailAva, still awaiting word on the flat coil replacement

bobhope256,

nickmo

I've accidentally hit my cleaning preset (900) before, but I haven't seen it change on me out of nowhere.

My unit has been stable since they replaced my temperature sensor about a week after I got it, still a happy customer. But the lack of updates and customer attention has grown a bit concerning. I choose this device as it seemed it would continue to improve with updates, presets, tunings, settings, etc. The device is working for me, but I would hate to think it doesn't keep progressing, so much potential!

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Has anyone else seen their hex-nail magically switch temps from 640 to 980? Setting it back down does work but pretty concerning that it would update temps like this.

Also, @HexNailAva, still awaiting word on the flat coil replacement

I've had a couple of runaway heater issues (in the distant past).
It only happened to me when I left the coil on for days at a time; supposedly the SD card ended up storing too much information.(?)
@HexNailAva counseled me to turn off the unit occasionally.

I now turn it off daily and have not experienced the issue since (a year at least).

:peace:

I've had a couple of runaway heater issues (in the distant past).
It only happened to me when I left the coil on for days at a time; supposedly the SD card ended up storing too much information.(?)
@HexNailAva counseled me to turn off the unit occasionally.

I now turn it off daily and have not experienced the issue since (a year at least).

:peace:

I have noticed stability issues when on for extended periods of time, but I don't leave any units on overnight, Hex-Nail or otherwise.

Btw if some part of system storage is filling up when the unit is online for long periods of activity I would have thought that to be a bug that is fixable.

When starting up again, I often have to restart the unit a couple of times before I seem to be able to connect and get accurate temp readouts. Does this also happen to other folks?

Condolences to Ava :(.

bobhope256,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I have noticed stability issues when on for extended periods of time, but I don't leave any units on overnight, Hex-Nail or otherwise.

Btw if some part of system storage is filling up when the unit is online for long periods of activity I would have thought that to be a bug that is fixable.

When starting up again, I often have to restart the unit a couple of times before I seem to be able to connect and get accurate temp readouts. Does this also happen to other folks?

Condolences to Ava :(.

All of my Hex units, 4 of them now, have a 10-12 second delay on the temps displayed, it has never been anything but this level of performance and it always makes them look inaccurate. Neither of my Red Queen units have functioned in weeks, i cannot connect to either of them in any meaningful whatsoever, they just turn on, heat the coil to maybe the last temp I selected, maybe not, the dashboard is totally useless and I can neither control nor even view any REAL info, just the generic preset temp placeholders everyone sees....but in any case the refuse to acknowledge the world around them in any way, just been sitting and waiting for the magic fix all software update....for like a year now, but time after time, there is ALWAYS SOMETHING (tempted to make that larger so this fact stressed more), that holds things back or is yet another obstacle or life event or crazy situation with a living situation or car or relative or.........you get the idea.

As far as the software "bug" thats been present, well forever (at least 12mo+), I would think offering the option to reflash your unit to an earlier state of the same image version, one with less "junk data" or whatever it is that is causing the issue, would be a solution, albeit inelegant, but something that can get units functioning again instead of sitting......dead and useless. I myself have suggested this specifically and clearly no less then 3 separate times and never get any form of reply pro or con beyond the new software (makes jerk off motion) will fix it.

The thread speaks for itself, and not much, if anything has changed since the last round of angry folks voiced their thoughts on the current (and VERY VERY status quo) state of Hex affairs.

All I can do is keep waiting and hoping.

SilentJ

Hex-Nail site's been down for a couple of days now. Anyone know what that's about?

That certainly doesn't give me the warm fuzzies or reassure me that I'll be receiving something for my $600. I sure hope that's not a sign of things to come. I still hold out hope that I'll be receiving my HN-01 at some point this year.

nickmo

Some news on the Hex-Nail FB page today. Looks like new ownership? Glad to see things look to be moving in the right direction. Hopefully everything is ok with Ava and Liz.

bLovoZE.png

SacUnks.png

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Some news on the Hex-Nail FB page today. Looks like new ownership? Glad to see things look to be moving in the right direction. Hopefully everything is ok with Ava and Liz.

bLovoZE.png

SacUnks.png

Good in that at least the open orders may finally get taken care of, not so good in that I find it unlikely the new owners are making a list of all the promises, commitments and claims of the previous owners in order to go down it and check off all the boxes........especially people with numerous open issues with units.....or the ever awaited software updates.......gotta admit at the moment at least, I feel TOTALLY burned by Hex-nail as Im sitting here with multiple, useless units and yet again, nothing more then a "comping soon" type of solution "in the works"

edit: Maybe now since the girls are even less involved with Hex then before, I wonder if its ok to talk about the DMs that I get from people about Hex stealing their money and blocking and banning people from their social media who kept asking where their money/units were?

Hollabackatcha

Hey everyone it looks like new site is up.

All who are owed a HN should go to this link

https://hexnail.com

Theree looks to be a Phone# on the site too.

scroll down to the contact us and have at it. It sure looks like they are trying to get all the info to square thing up.

Hollabackatcha,
Reactions: Elemen0py

nickmo

Start submitting your questions there like they asked, see if the new management is true to their word!

Published business hours and a telephone number, good sign.

nickmo,

Elemen0py

Mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand I'm glad someone's taking the reins and getting this horse back on track (I hope). On the other, I'm really sad to see Ava and Liz lose control of this thing.

I was stoked with everything about the Hex-Nail when I started following it over a year ago. I was ready to buy one as soon as it reached a point where the functionality expanded enough to where I'd have a use for it. Even though it wasn't there yet, I loved what Liz and Ava were about and I even emailed offering to pay for a Skynet right away without them manufacturing and shipping it until it was feature complete in a few months (which in retrospect was perhaps a little naive) to help fund their enterprise. I'm a little relieved they never messaged back.

Since then I've seen Liz and Ava pour themselves into this thing and it's been heartbreaking at times watching them struggle to follow the road map that they had originally laid out. It's even more heartbreaking to see them fail to meet the promises that they've made to so many people here. As much as I've tried to keep the faith, over the past year I've increasingly gotten the impression that as much as the passion, ingenuity, and genuine good intent was there, the fundamentals of the company weren't robust enough to support a burgeoning tech company. Perhaps it was lacking the capital to meet the demands of startup, perhaps the workflow process wasn't laid out as clearly and efficiently as they needed, perhaps they underestimated the need for personnel, perhaps it was just a bunch of shit that was completely out of their control, or even all of the above. Whatever happened, I'm sad to see them lose the dream. I know a lot of people didn't get what they paid for, but I also know what this meant to Liz and Ava.

Moving forward I really hope the new owners can devote the resources that are required to get this thing off the ground because it's been frustrating to see a framework with so much potential sitting on the tarmac. I still want my Skynet at some point when I'm confident it's feature complete and free of bugs so I hope that's something that hasn't been scrapped.

All difficulties and frustrations aside, I'd like to thank Ava and Liz for what they've managed to accomplish thus far. I can't imagine how defeated they must feel to have to step back after putting so much time and effort into this thing. Sure, it was a rocky road, but it wouldn't be there at all without them so pour one out for the girls one time. Big up yourselves.

nickmo

Whatever happened, I'm sad to see them lose the dream. I know a lot of people didn't get what they paid for, but I also know what this meant to Liz and Ava.

Moving forward I really hope the new owners can devote the resources that are required to get this thing off the ground because it's been frustrating to see a framework with so much potential sitting on the tarmac. I still want my Skynet at some point when I'm confident it's feature complete and free of bugs so I hope that's something that hasn't been scrapped.

All difficulties and frustrations aside, I'd like to thank Ava and Liz for what they've managed to accomplish thus far. I can't imagine how defeated they must feel to have to step back after putting so much time and effort into this thing. Sure, it was a rocky road, but it wouldn't be there at all without them so pour one out for the girls one time. Big up yourselves.

Agreed.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Judging by the phone number, it looks like Team Rosin out of Oregon is the new owner.

They make custom Rosin Presses.

Would love to have them come on here and bring us up to speed on what is the current status of everything and what plans they have for the future of the Hex-Nails.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@Elemen0py
Great statement! I'm very sorry for Liz and Ava despite the troubles they caused during their sinking. So much heart blood, innovation and work until their complete burn-out. Hope we'll hear something from them again.

nickmo

Scrolling through the Team Rosin Instagram shows both entities at events together around Portland so you have to think they are friendly/on good terms, maybe the girls sold because they needed the help to keep it afloat but are still on board.

Top Bottom