Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

Elemen0py

Scrolling through the Team Rosin Instagram shows both entities at events together around Portland so you have to think they are friendly/on good terms, maybe the girls sold because they needed the help to keep it afloat but are still on board.
I'm hoping this is the case. If it's a mutually beneficial arrangement where the girls can still do their thing but ease some stress by having Team Rosin prop them up and use that to reach new heights then I'll be real happy.

Also from a purely selfish standpoint, unless the OG team is involved going forward, I'm not entirely sure that Team Rosin will continue to manufacture the Skynet and that's what I'm waiting on.

Elemen0py,
Reactions: Hogni

JigMelon

I'm less than impressed. I really hope the girls are still fully involved, because I do not trust another company to continue their vision unless they're hiring new engineers.

I guess this is a good opportunity to ask some important questions.... @mutten840 @710Coils what is your relationship, personally and in a business sense, with @HexNailAva and @HexNailLiz ? When I ordered my new coil from @710Coils (which is excellent and was shipped very quickly), my confirmation emails were coming from ava@710coils.com and liz@710coils.com. What is their relationship to the company and where does the ownership change come into play? Was the sell-off something that has been in the works for months? Have Ava and Liz been planning on dumping the company in favor of 710Coils? What's the story here? I would love some answers before jumping to more conclusions. Who owns 710Coils?

710Coils

Manufacturer
@JigMelon I am doing 710 coils on my own. They had initially been part of it and ended up not happening. I am responsible and shipping all items from my site and can assure you I have stock in hand and do not charge anyone if I do not have the item(s) you are ordering. My goal with 710 was do things the right way. Fast and easy. I am friends with Ava and talk to her at least once a week. I will continue to be friends with her and hope this will not cause anyone to think differently of me. I have always tried to help the FC community and continue to try and do this with my new coil gig.

So to summarize. I own 710 coils and am driving it without help or guidance from Hexnail. Hexnail is a completely separate entity and there is no affiliation between my company and theirs

Feel free to shoot me any direct messages if you want to talk further =)

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Just to confirm: 710Coils was not involved officially in any way with Hex-Nail at any time.
Not part of this Hex-Nail transition.

I'm hoping this is the case. If it's a mutually beneficial arrangement where the girls can still do their thing but ease some stress by having Team Rosin prop them up and use that to reach new heights then I'll be real happy.

That's what we're hoping for as well. I'll have more information after having a sit down again with Team Rosin that's planned for tomorrow. I'll try to get news to these parts as soon as I can.
------
Thank you all for your well wishes in regards to my Grandmother both here and in a few other places as well. It has meant a lot through a (still) trying time.

Also: @Elemen0py - Appreciate that post on the last page.

Elemen0py

That's what we're hoping for as well. I'll have more information after having a sit down again with Team Rosin that's planned for tomorrow. I'll try to get news to these parts as soon as I can.
Best of luck, though I doubt you'll need it. I can't see how anyone would be able to take control of this thing smoothly without you. Given how intimately you know the ins and outs of the Hex-Nail architecture I can't see how it'd benefit them to forfeit the knowledge and passion that both you and Liz bring to the table. If they can provide the stability and backing to let you do your thing without the stresses and complications of handling a startup at the same time then surely this shit is going to flourish the way it was meant to.

For now I'm gonna sit back and remain optimistic. Admittedly I have the benefit of not having to endure the frustrations of some existing customers, but I still believe that one day I'm gonna read in this thread that the people I've come to respect here have finally got what they wanted from their device, that the Hex-Nail is getting respect in the scene, and that both you and Liz are happy and chill in your place in the industry. The sheer magnitude of concentrates that will be consumed in my study on that day will be a tale for the ages.

SilentJ

I just really hope I get the E-Nail I paid $600 for

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but somebody has to be the one. I’m going to preface this with this information not being official from the owner and based off memory. I am not a representative, etc, of Hex-Nail or anything. I just got some information that I feel many in here would like to know regarding the state of HN. I’ll share the bad news first and then some hopefully good.

After leaving a message through the form on the site I decided to call the number provided on my lunch break today to see if I could get any information about my order. Surprisingly I almost immediately got the new owner. I believe his name was Chris or Brandon, I can’t recall for sure as I’m terrible with names. After providing him with my order information he gave me a run down of what the state of things were and what was going on with my order. I received approval from him to give an update post here for everybody.

To make things as easy to understand as possible, “the previous owners” ran through their available capital due to various events/incidents (car crash, etc). They continued to take orders in the hope they could catch up but were unable to make it work. Because of this they have decided to sell off majority share of the company to Team Rosin. They are still employed as programmer and assembly but they are under NDA and not allowed to communicate representing the company any longer. The recent update from Ava was apparently unauthorized. Hex-Nail and Team Rosin are being ran as separate entities, thus any inquiries need to be sent directly to Hex-Nail with their provided form or phone number per the new owner. Due to the lack of capital there is little expectation of receiving the units that have been ordered. The new owner has advised that if you are within the 6 month refund period with PayPal to try and get your money back that way as that is still going through the old owners. If you are outside that, he said to contact him and he’ll work with you directly to set things right.

On a good note, he did state that he has been provided the final code to fix many of the bugs and mentioned releasing it next week. Hopefully that should address the bugs for the existing units out there. For those that haven’t received a unit but still want one, he stated he was working to release a revamped Red Queen in Aug and SkyNet in Sept. he mentioned something about it supporting Bluetooth so I’m not sure if it’s going to a SOC like the KubeOne uses or what. It did sound like it’d be using a different code base than the existing units.

I know this is probably not what people want to hear but it’s the truth. If you have an existing order, contact them via the form or phone. Please be respectful and courteous, the new owner was extremely nice in being so forthcoming with information. It sounded like he is wanting to try and make things right and make people happy but it’s going to take time. Getting a refund, if possible, and then buying a unit when the new revisions are released sounds like the best path forward. If you’re outside the refund period with PayPal I hope the new owner can work something out with you.

Last edited:

Likes2vape

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but somebody has to be the one. I’m going to preface this with this information not being official from the owner and based off memory. I am not a representative, etc, of Hex-Nail or anything. I just got some information that I feel many in here would like to know regarding the state of HN. I’ll share the bad news first and then some hopefully good.

After leaving a message through the form on the site I decided to call the number provided on my lunch break today to see if I could get any information about my order. Surprisingly I almost immediately got the new owner. I believe his name was Chris or Brandon, I can’t recall for sure as I’m terrible with names. After providing him with my order information he gave me a run down of what the state of things were and what was going on with my order. I received approval from him to give an update post here for everybody.

To make things as easy to understand as possible, “the previous owners” ran through their available capital due to various events/incidents (car crash, etc). They continued to take orders in the hope they could catch up but were unable to make it work. Because of this they have decided to sell off majority share of the company to Team Rosin. They are still employed as programmer and assembly but they are under NDA and not allowed to communicate representing the company any longer. The recent update from Ava was apparently unauthorized. Hex-Nail and Team Rosin are being ran as separate entities, thus any inquiries need to be sent directly to Hex-Nail with their provided form or phone number per the new owner. Due to the lack of capital there is little expectation of receiving the units that have been ordered. The new owner has advised that if you are within the 6 month refund period with PayPal to try and get your money back that way as that is still going through the old owners. If you are outside that, he said to contact him and he’ll work with you directly to set things right.

On a good note, he did state that he has been provided the final code to fix many of the bugs and mentioned releasing it next week. Hopefully that should address the bugs for the existing units out there. For those that haven’t received a unit but still want one, he stated he was working to release a revamped Red Queen in Aug and SkyNet in Sept. he mentioned something about it supporting Bluetooth so I’m not sure if it’s going to a SOC like the KubeOne uses or what. It did sound like it’d be using a different code base than the existing units.

I know this is probably not what people want to hear but it’s the truth. If you have an existing order, contact them via the form or phone. Please be respectful and courteous, the new owner was extremely nice in being so forthcoming with information. It sounded like he is wanting to try and make things right and make people happy but it’s going to take time. Getting a refund, if possible, and then buying a unit when the new revisions are released sounds like the best path forward. If you’re outside the refund period with PayPal I hope the new owner can work something out with you.
Wow that is pretty sad. When one buys a company one assumes the debt of said company. I sure hope everyone gets a refund or gets what they paid for.

I wonder where this leaves those who have already bought a hex-nail since it sounds like they are using a new code base for the units going forward. Will team rosin be able to update units already out to new the code?

I have followed this thread for awhile and I’m not surprised at this turn of events. The ladies sure seemed to have their share of problems that affected their business. Hopefully Team Rosin keeps them on board for the long haul.

Likes2vape,
Reactions: Shooby

Hxlmer

I just filed my refund, how long should I wait before escalating it to paypal?

Hxlmer,

JigMelon

This is a pretty significant development. I'm pretty concerned that they're releasing a new unit with new hardware and potentially a new codebase, considering I have the brand new Red Queen... I have very little optimism now that we will ever be able to use this the device the way we intended; offline. I'm going to reach out to TR to see if they will eventually provide the codebase for the unit and the webapp, so that I/we can bring the functionality on our own. I assume the girls no longer have the rights to share the code.

lazylathe

Almost there...
This is a pretty significant development. I'm pretty concerned that they're releasing a new unit with new hardware and potentially a new codebase, considering I have the brand new Red Queen... I have very little optimism now that we will ever be able to use this the device the way we intended; offline. I'm going to reach out to TR to see if they will eventually provide the codebase for the unit and the webapp, so that I/we can bring the functionality on our own. I assume the girls no longer have the rights to share the code.

As @SilentJ said in his post, they have an NDA with the new owners which means;
Non Disclosure Agreement.

Anything they say without approval will land them I some very hot water...
He also me ruined that @HexNailAva last post was unauthorized...so early to not be following your new bosses rules...

nickmo

Very disappointing, I also have a Red Queen (round 2), and I purchased with the expectation that the software, tunings, etc. would continue to improve over time. "Lifetime of free updates"

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
This is a pretty significant development. I'm pretty concerned that they're releasing a new unit with new hardware and potentially a new codebase, considering I have the brand new Red Queen.

...seems like with the previous 'delays' in software that has held everything back is going to be re-written AGAIN from scratch for a third time... also hardware, they will need to add bluetooth in the units if they want that feature (I'm only assume there's no bluetooth transmitters currently for obvious reasons lol)

They are still employed as programmer and assembly but they are under NDA and not allowed to communicate representing the company any longer.

...with all due respect to everyone, I'm not sure how great of an idea this is considering the issues in the past... hopefully with the new changes they don't have the same issues as before, or the new owner(s) can help mitigate those issues and keep everyone focused on the task at hand...

...we will wait to see how this progresses... if everything goes smooth and things are as they were at the start that made me pull the trigger initially, there is a small possibility i may see another hex-nail in my life...

...but until then...

:popcorn:

just_the_flu,
Reactions: lazylathe

SilentJ

Please go through the Hex-Nail site form or phone number on the site. The new owner was adamant that the two companies are separate entities and doesn’t want to have noise sent to the TR contacts.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Hmmm, although I'm quite happy with the performance of my HN-01 running 1.2.10 (unconnected), I was interested in the updates for the new OS2.

Wonder if that will come to fruition or not.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Very disappointing, I also have a Red Queen (round 2), and I purchased with the expectation that the software, tunings, etc. would continue to improve over time. "Lifetime of free updates"

Yeah, I am hoping to hear more on this but not really sure anymore.

It's probably gonna be ass to try and sell these as well.

Sucks, because if they actually got it working and put in all the intended features this thing would have been sweet.

edit:

mine runs ok but there are obvious things that need to be addressed. I still respect everything they put in and am grateful I at least have one!

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Well I am just hearing the news , this really sucks. I am scared to even use my HN-01 now as it may just become a brick. It's the nicest looking Enail imo out there also. Hope some god news comes. So can we expect no HN-01 updates or coding in case they do brick ?

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Well I am just hearing the news , this really sucks. I am scared to even use my HN-01 now as it may just become a brick. It's the nicest looking Enail imo out there also. Hope some god news comes. So can we expect no HN-01 updates or coding in case they do brick ?

HN-01s should be ok because a functional sw image (the .10 version) is basically in the wild, it most likely requires physically swapping the sdcard, crappy for sure but at least its a way to keep them running.

The Queens on the other hand, until they add the proper hot spot mode, seem to be in a limbo state.

Top Bottom