Herborizer corner

Alexis

Cats make really good Moo Shu Pork?? (just kidding....now if it was a really great, high end, heady piece of glass then....haha)
Baron, what have you done? You must have killed this thread! I suddenly thought, "why havent I had any Herbo alerts?"

So I check to see. Cant be a coincidence you were the last poster before it died!
I'll get you for this, some day! Grrr!:goon:

Carlos8400

I have been back at home a few days with my second herborizer, most of my friends are long time smokers and all of theme were really really impressed by the Herborizer.
They have all tried cheaper vapes previously and didn't like the whole vape thing enough to switch, but they all commented that the vapour of the Ti was a lot more satisfying than vapour they had tried before, and felt a lot like smoke but with much better taste. It was funny watching them take the first hit, it was like they were re-discovering herbs for the first time! All of them are now trying to come up with the money for a Herborizer.

The Ti is a game changer, it really is.

Also, I have now been able to compare the 14 and 18mm bowls. To me the airflow is the same, the choke point really is the injector. The two holes that allow air in, and the gap in between the titanium resistance and the glass are smaller than the difference between 14 and 18mm, so i doubt the joint size could physicaly restrict airflow.

I did notice that the 14mm gets dirty much quicker though. I can go more than a week with the 18mm bowl and it still looks ok, but the 14mm was dirty in a couple days worth of use.
I think this is because of the increase tapering from grill to joint. They both have the same size screen, so the 14mm has to taper a lot more. The 18 is vertical all the way down, the 14mm has a horizontal flat spot around the joint and a lot of gunk gets trapped there fast.
For that reason i would recommend the 18mm over the 14, at least if you are a daily user and don't like glass cleaning.

A month in i am still loving this vape, can't imagine using anything else. Also, the more i spoke to Sebastien the more i feel confident about my purchase, great people and great customer service.
I can't imagine having a problem that wouldn't have a positive outcome.

The only problem i have right now is that i am going away for 4 days on monday and will only be able to bring my Vapman along... After a month of Ti use it is going to be hard!

PS: i might try it with a dry mouthpiece later today, can't decide if it is a great idea or a very stupid one...

https://www.blackleaf.de/black-leaf-mundstueck-farbig/

Last edited:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
i might try it with a dry mouthpiece later today, can't decide if it is a great idea or a very stupid one...

I tried my XL with a glass j hook a couple of times. It's pretty impractical to use and the vapor can be overwhelming but the flavor is otherworldly. If you like the experience I'd suggest you a Lotus with the water attachment.

latulipe999

The only problem i have right now is that i am going away for 4 days on monday and will only be able to bring my Vapman along... After a month of Ti use it is going to be hard!

:uhoh:

I only have the Herborizer XL injector but the Mighty saved my life and the VapCap too when my batery is over. :nod:

latulipe999,

MrMonss

On the other hand the TI is also very easily transportable and cleanable ..
Admittedly the negative side is that you also have to take a bong/watertool..
I think going on vacation this summer with the TI and a small ashcactcher completely removable for cleaning, like the FC-MOD with a Jhook

MrMonss,
Reactions: Alexis

Jazzah

I have a question for you Ti guys, When the Ti has been heating on the bowl and everything is nice and warmed up, can you unplug the DC cord for just one draw? What i mean is, has the heating element enough thermal mass to complete one lung full without being powered during that pull? Looking forward to your answers and possible testing experiences. Thanks

Is it tho?

yep just tried:science:,
I got the bowl nice and hot by having a couple of bowls I had intended to do it on the 2nd but the first one at 6 on the dial hit hard and I forgot:love: turned the dial down a bit, to 5 3/4:brow:.
I put just enough material in to cover the screen sit the heater on the bowl for 30sec ish unplug sit back, 2 normal size lungfulls 3rd not bad 4th done, iam pretty mashed

Jazzah

yep just tried:science:,
I got the bowl nice and hot by having a couple of bowls I had intended to do it on the 2nd but the first one at 6 on the dial hit hard and I forgot:love: turned the dial down a bit, to 5 3/4:brow:.
I put just enough material in to cover the screen sit the heater on the bowl for 30sec ish unplug sit back, 2 normal size lungfulls 3rd not bad 4th done, iam pretty mashed
Thnx so much for that quick reply, and thanks for making the decision for me, Herbo TI is in the cards fo sho now!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks, but i am talking about the Titanium handle, not the glass one.
After a while it becomes too hot to pick up and i end up having to lift it by the power connector, which i don't like doing.
Also, i am looking for a less ghetto solution to be honest. If it can be made functional, it can be made beautiful!

Carlos, what does Sebastien say about this issue? Some constructive overworking?

Regarding skeleton handle protection search at youtube for "wrap + paracord + handle".
There are some really nice solutions perhaps made with leather ribbons?

Carlos8400

Carlos, what does Sebastien say about this issue? Some constructive overworking?

Regarding skeleton handle protection search at youtube for "wrap + paracord + handle".
There are some really nice solutions perhaps made with leather ribbons?

I mentionned that i thought the handle got too warm to hold comfortably after a while.
He agreed and said he was looking for a fix, a silicon sleeve shaped to fit the handle.
He is currently looking for someone to build it for him and wanted to have it ready for this summer.

The heat isn't really a problem if you stay around 5 and heat it, hit it, turn it off.
But if you use it above 5 and leave it on for a while it does become too hot.

Like you say there are many ways to "fix" the problem, i am happy with my o-rings, it looks ok and works great.

Last edited:

Alexis

I mentionned that i thought the handle got too warm to hold comfortably after a while.
He agreed and said he was looking for a fix, a silicon sleeve shaped to fit the handle.
He is currently looking for someone to build it for him and wanted to have it ready for this summer.

The heat isn't really a problem if you stay below 5 and heat it, hit it, turn it off.
But if you use it above 5 and leave it on for a while it does become too hot.

Like you say there are many ways to "fix" the problem, i am happy with my o-rings, it looks ok and works great.
What may help the cause here, if you speak to Seb again, is to clarify whethere the solution he has in mind will be able to be retrofitted onto existing owners' units.

I assume surely so. Personally, I would like to wait until it was all in one package, hopefully for the same price.
Even if it can be fitted later (Im sure that will be the case really), to order it sepearately later on (or ideally, free, if you already own the Ti unit), you will have to pay the €17 shipping from Herborizer to UK.

Given the choice, if unit prices are the same, I would rather order from Verdampftnochmal (hopefully they will stock it soon, if not already), as they offer free shipping on pricier orders to the UK.
If I got the Ti direct from Seb, then the silicon sleeve at a later date, it would be an extra $35 shipping.
And I highly doubt any other retailers will sell or supply the silicon sleeve on its own.
So the sooner Seb can get this remedied and offered with the full unit, the better for everybody I think.

Saying that, I do like the look of the Herborizer grinders. They look easier to grip and turn than my snata cruz shredder, which is a real awkward bitch.

Last edited:

Carlos8400

What may help the cause here, if you speak to Seb again, is to clarify whethere the solution he has in mind will be able to be retrofitted onto existing owners' units.

I assume surely so. Personally, I would like to wait until it was all in one package, hopefully for the same price.
Even if it can be fitted later (Im sure that will be the case really), to order it sepearately later on (or ideally, free, if you already own the Ti unit), you will have to pay the €17 shipping from Herborizer to UK.

Given the choice, if unit prices are the same, I would rather order from Verdampftnochmal (hopefully they will stick it soon, if not already), as they offer free shipping on pricier orders to the UK.
If I got the Ti direct from Seb, then the silicon sleeve at a later date, it would be an extra $35 shipping.
And I highly doubt any other retailers will sell or supply the silicon sleeve on its own.
So the sooner Seb can get this remedied and offered with the full unit, the better for everybody I think.

Saying that, I do like the look of the Herborizer grinders. They look easier to grip and turn than my snata cruz shredder, which is a real awkward bitch.

Don't let a silicon sleeve stop you, it's really not that big a deal... It is perfectly useable without it, you just have to be conscious about it if it has been on for ages.
The sleeve he is having made will be removable, something like silicon pan handle covers, custom fitted to the current handle, no re-design. I don't see how it could be worth more than a fiver.
In the meantime, the O-rings i posted are 10 for £5 and a perfect fix, to be honest the o-rings could be an even better fix than the sleeve since they offer less contact, thus less heat transfer.

All that to say, it's really a minor thing compared to the performance you get from the unit.
If you want one get it now, don't wait for a £5 accessory, that could take a few months to be available.

Last edited:

Alexis

Don't let a silicon sleeve stop you, it's really not that big a deal... It is perfectly useable without it, you just have to be conscious about it if it has been on for ages.
The sleeve he is having made will be removable, something like silicon pan handle covers, custom fitted to the current handle, no re-design. I don't see how it could be worth more than a fiver.
In the meantime, the O-rings i posted are 10 for £5 and a perfect fix, to be honest the o-rings could be an even better fix than the sleeve since they offer less contact, thus less heat transfer.

All that to say, it's really a minor thing compared to the performance you get from the unit.
If you want one get it now, don't wait for a £5 accessory, that could take a few months to be available.
Thanks man, you are very helpful with your responses. Actually Im not fully decided on which next vape yet, out of this and VHW. Eventually I want both. The cost of the custom silicon sleeve is not an issue, but the extra €17 shipping just for that one piece is.

Im just thinking that if a lot of people will actually be wanting to get the sleeve from Seb when it is ready, it will be a cost with shipping included, if you are UK that is.

Saving the pennies is how I afford everything I need in life, which apart from vapes is basically healing food, supplements and health treatments. I cant work so every little helps.

By being patient, disciplined and forward thinking, always looking for the best deal, your money really can go twice as far.

Im also not a DIY guy and prefer things done for me straight out the box.
If I had the cash right now and was dead set on getting the Ti next, I would likely do so however, and look at your solution,,which as you say, may be better for heater function.

I also try and save others money as well.
Im so glad you are enjoying it so much. Your reviews are a great advert. I intend to read a number of them to my mate Dave next time I see him, to persuade him to upgrade from his XL so I can try the Ti out.

MrMonss

Maybe using directly the viton seals that are located between the heating element and the glass that is around.. Can be a little tricky but could working (i didn't try). That"s in fact the same idea as Carlos..

The fact that the injector is hot helps me to wake up in the evening, and to prepare a new bowl ..

MrMonss,
Reactions: Alexis

Hogni

A silicone sleeve? Dont know. It would disturb aesthetiques of the ti IMO. Better Seb would create a better - unvisible - insulating to the handle...

The next days I have to go to the guys from Verdampftnochmal because of ****** hopper issues and demonstrating them a lot of Ratchett's stuff.
Pretty sure they'll get the Ti too aside of all the other stuff from Herborzer they have in stock. I'll ask them for that. Perhaps they'll give me the opportunity to test the Ti in comparison to the Sub (with oregano, mint or such herbs ;)) the next weeks.

BTW Verdampftnochmal will be an exhibitor at the Mary Jane in Berlin this year in June again (VapoShop too) Last year they offered a 20% convention discount at the MJ and two weeks afterwards. Hope they will do also this year. I would announce the code here when I'll get it. Guess if I decide for the Herborizer Ti this would be best timing for purchase regarding costs.

Unfortunately actually there is no retailer for the NewVape Flower Pot, the D-Nail Lotus Flower Adapter or the Errlectric Dry Herb in Germany and Europe. Which one of the electric "Big Five" do I really want regarding handling, flavour and vapour performance??:hmm::ugh::doh:.
I hate 'blind' decisions but just want the very best for me if possible! Wrong choices of purchase are making me REALLY unhappy.

Luckily there seems not to be any torch fired alternative to the Supreme 3...

Doktor Dub

@Hogni GH is great , isn t it - can t use mine (2nd one) since quite some Time because there is no new Batterie available for a reasonable Price in Europe. I got it from verdampfnochmal, should have changed it to something different when in rma. It s a great piece to have if it works, but reliability is just not there.

I hope you can compare sub and Herborizer and let us all know, if this is possible at verdampftnochmal this could even be a reason for a Trip to Berlin for me. Exactly in the same Boat as you, want one of the "Big Five" and don t have Funds and/or Time to get the wrong one.
Regarding shipping, spare Parts, Service and a good Feeling regarding safe Materials i hope the Herborizer wins any Comparison....

Supreme 3: don t forget to have a look at the Eleminator from Sublimator when you are at verdampftnochmal :-)

Have a great Day!

Alexis

Boat as you, want one of the "Big Five" and don t have Funds and/or Time to get the wrong one.
Yes isnt this the conundrum we all face at times.
One caveat of this though, is the excitement and anticipation of the hunt and the deliberation.
I do wonder, if we were all super rich, or could try all the vapes locally for free, how much less active would this forum be? Sure many of us would still post our experience and tips, questions etc. But it would surely take a different slant.

I would of course prefer we all could "try before we buy", but I try to be the optimist (sometimes anyway).

Last edited:

Hogni

Ar least at the Mary Jane it's possible to try different vapes. There I've tried the Hopper and the Sublimator the first time last year. Mary Jane in Berlin is a really nice event - I recommend it.
After my visit at VDNM I will report.

@Doktor Dub: Will ask VDNM for arrival of new GHB. If they don't know when you can get one of mine GHBs.

Doktor Dub

@Alexis You are right and we all have really just first World Problems. The hunting is Part of the fun... I can get quite stuck at Decisions and i cant stand this very good.... drives me insane.
A Problem is that in non legal Places Vapes are complicated to return sell etc. and the Prices are not that cheap...

@Hogni Thank you, Sir! That s so nice of you. Mary Jane could be a good Weekend Trip, i ll keep it in Mind - could also be an Opportunity for a little FC Meeting :rockon:

Hogni

@Doktor Dub, yeah, would like to meet you! Come over, pal! Let's stay in contact via pm or should we open a thread on this?
Perhaps vapen00b will come too. In our conversation George from DynaVap was also generally interested in participating.

A sidenote to your suggestion of the Eliminator as alternative to the Supreme 3.
No way! 340 € (!!!) just for a piece of metall which has to be torched without temp control??

I'm already hating missing temp control of all the torch fired nails. So after entering concentrates it was one of my first purchases buying an enail. Fur sure you will get the experience to handle right temps but what a waste of flavours and materials during this learning courve....

Perhaps for 100 € max. I would give the Eli a chance being part of my post zombiecalypse survival kit! :goon: May be if I wouldn't know how to spent my money too.

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

I m all with you, the Price is crazy, just like some of the Sub Packages...

I d be interested if an infrared Thermometer works on the Eliminator surface, this would be nice for the Supreme also and open up some Possibilities for new Vapes...

The Eliminator is listed since a loooong time at VDNM - if they want to get rid of it to clear there shop one of us could take it for a VERY good Price...

I ll get in touch for MJ etc. :tup:

Doktor Dub,
Reactions: Hogni

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Doktor Dub

Just remember that the Supreme 3 reads its temp on the heat tube and not the actual heat exchanger. I would imagine you would need to use both the S3 temp sensor and the infrared thermometer for a while to figure out the difference in surface temps.

lazylathe,
Reactions: Hogni

Doktor Dub

@lazylathe

You are absolutely right, i should have made this clearer. There is an important difference between EXACT Temperature Readings and CONSISTANT.
In my Opinion, the Exact Temp. Reading in Vaporizers is most often nonsense, because you would have to measure the Temp of the Herb and it is very dependent on many Factors like Drawspeed, Airflow, Thermal Mass of Chamber and so on and on.
Because of this, many and even High end Vapes like the Herborizer don t have Temp Reading but just a scale so you can get repeatable Performance.

I would hope to use an infrared Thermometer just like the Dial of the Herborizer - if it shows this number, you get a good Hit - number has nothing to do with real Temp. in the Chamber.

Top Bottom