Herborizer corner

Joaon

Today -after some days (weeks..) of dankrupt, and so T-breack- I scrapped my grinder, and ended with a little ball.
It is quite potent, and very flavorful :cool: :brow: :lol:

I tried it on my Omnivong, dry and with a bubbler, it was very good, but kinda "Mèh, that's all ..?"

So, I turned on the Herborizer Ti on 10 :evil:
- Poaw! Instant quick heat up, Infrared temp check:180-200°c, back to dial 5 .. -
A little chunck of the ball flat pressed on the bowl,
very pleasant to look at all those littles bubbles while inhaling :haw:

-Back on 10, Zbra! Infrared temp check:~230°c, back to dial 8 .. -
No more bubbles, it seems finished but.. thick and flavorful vapor coming..
Big clouds on exhales !

The Herborizer Ti is so versatile, it really depends on how you drive it :) :tup:

9577671749988910212153997183126306435740oFotor.jpg

Alexis

Today -after some days (weeks..) of dankrupt, and so T-breack- I scrapped my grinder, and ended with a little ball.
It is quite potent, and very flavorful :cool: :brow: :lol:

I tried it on my Omnivong, dry and with a bubbler, it was very good, but kinda "Mèh, that's all ..?"

So, I turned on the Herborizer Ti on 10 :evil:
- Poaw! Instant quick heat up, Infrared temp check:180-200°c, back to dial 5 .. -
A little chunck of the ball flat pressed on the bowl,
very pleasant to look at all those littles bubbles while inhaling :haw:

-Back on 10, Zbra! Infrared temp check:~230°c, back to dial 8 .. -
No more bubbles, it seems finished but.. thick and flavorful vapor coming..
Big clouds on exhales !

The Herborizer Ti is so versatile, it really depends on how you drive it :) :tup:

9577671749988910212153997183126306435740oFotor.jpg
Sorry you have not enough funds for herb. That sucks, and so wrong anyone should ever be in such a position, unless stranded on a desert island somewhere.

I actually forget often that weed costs money, even though I have friends who buy it all the time. I can only use what I can produce outside in UK. In 2013 we only got 42 grams of indica weed to last the year.

But it still didnt run out. I just used it once or twice a week,,enjoyed it, knowing it was there. ( EDIT: in fact I still have a bud of it now would you believe it?? Didnt appeal after successive harvests!)

To use it up and be in that position with no forseeable weed supply for at least a year, I couldnt bear it psychologically.

So I go without to save some petrol for the way home. A bit like eating your veggies first, rather than "having your cake and eating it".
2014 yielded better, 2015 even better by far (although I was badly allergic to the whole lot due to trialing organic fert), 2016 was even better yield, but again I am allergic to 75% of it due to trialing different ferts more likely to be okay. No luck there! Still a half gram personal allowance daily just about, except the stuff that didnt get fed which I can tolerate, got infested with tiny bugs!!:\

So I am picking them out with fine tweezers and a jewellerd loupe. I have a load I will need to water cure cos too many bugs,,and I hope that by water curing the fertilised weed, I may be able to use it. Joy, Joy, Joy if so! Its well nice stuff and plenty there for me an mum!

So the point is, it is literally years, and years since I did not have any weed! I have had tons of weed that I am allergic to recent years, lesser amounts in the past.
And by never using up all my weed I can tolerate I have always had at least SOME weed I can use since 2013.

So I really feel for you Joaon, I take it for granted. I am not an excessive user, up to half gram daily. And I have times off for health etc.

Anyway Joaon, if you ever fire up your XL again, maybe you can do some IR temp checks on specific settings in relation to the Ti?

To see the extent to which the extraction capabilites of the Ti are due to the temperature or other variables.

I like to think that Ti can extract goods much more completely at a lower relative temperature than the XL.

So sorry, edibles got me today!:)

Last edited:

Joaon

Thanks man for kinds words :tup:

About temperature equivalences, here it is :

-Dial ----Ti-------- XL
- 1 - - - 90°c - - - 90°c
- 2 - - 110°c - - 110°c
- 3 - - 130°c - - 130°c
- 4 - - 160°c - - 150°c
- 5 - - 190°c - - 180°c
- 6 - - 220°c - - 190°c
- 7 - - 250°c - - 200°c
- 8 - - 280°c - - 210°c
- 9 - - 290°c - - 220°c
- 10 - -300°c - - 230°c

So the Ti runs hotter than XL and mostly heats up quicker :cool:
The better extraction on low temps is due to the smaller bowl size in my opinion,
more precisely, the diameter of the screen.
It's simple, you need less material to cover it, so vapor/air ratio is better :tup:

Look at all "king extractor" vaporizers (Supreme, VapCap, ...), they all have a tiny bowl diameter..

But if you fill the XL properly (so with much more material than it would be with Ti..),
Extraction is quite powerful as well, even at low temp ;)

The magic of the Ti is that "Two draw/inhalations - you're done". That thing is a beast :evil:

Last edited:

Alexis

Thanks man for kinds words :tup:

About temperature equivalences, here it is :

-Dial ----Ti-------- XL
- 1 - 90°c
- 2 - 110°c
- 3 - 130°c
- 4 - 160°c
- 5 - 190°c
- 6 - 220°c
- 7 - 250°c
- 8 - 280°c
- 9 - 290°c
- 10 - 300°c
Thanks, indeed, on setting 5 the Ti whoops the XL on setting 7, or maybe higher (XL over 7), unless I am wrong. (in terms of effect, power and completeness of extraction from a small load , strongly indicating the Ti extracts better at lower temp, so other variables are involved).

I just thought some specific temp measurements of the XL may be an interesting confirmation in case there were any surprises to help explain the Ti's enhanced extraction power, that is all.

I really hope you get some more ganja again soon though. Forced breaks are cruel, but actually taking a break can be great for your spirit and enjoyment of herb and life in the short and the long run.

And if the only way we actually take a break is by force, then I guess we have to see the good side of it. I never have the discipline to take a complete break these days, with homemade canna-coconut oil in the fridge always. And there is a downside to that.
They say "the grass is always greener", or in my case, "the LACK of grass is greener" LOL!

It is just too easy to impulsively dip into the jar in a split second at any time, and so hard to resist!:drool:

Last edited:
Alexis,

MrMonss

The magic of the Ti is that "Two draw/inhalations - you're done". That thing is a beast :evil:

Although i do not have the XL version it seems admitted that the TI consumes fewer plants.. However as you say Joaon the fast extraction side makes that at the end i tend to consume more matter than i used with the ExtremQ for exemple, where a session lasts longer.
Let's say that the TI makes greedy, especially of this second beautifully big inhalation full of taste..
It's for me one of the best tools to recover well during a tiny lunch break.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Do you think fx depend on time of consumption?

Why should I need more material if I vaporize the same amount it in a shorter time??

I can't follow the logic of that?

I've tried vapes which need a hell of time working through the stuff but they didnt delivered the class of effects as other vapes which are working much more faster - with the same amount of material.

Vapodudule

I noticed the same for Ti System being a hog to consumption rate.
Just because it is hard to microdose when results are here and you have a huge bowl to fit. When using high temp, the load is cashed really fast under your eyes so you tend to put it bigger.

When you manage to microdose or doing high temp, you take more bowls etc...

Other limit is the habit of doing multiple inhalations you can be frustrated with very few inhalation needed like with dab.

MrMonss

Why should I need more material if I vaporize the same amount it in a shorter time??

Hehe :)

I understand your thinking. I think the nuance here is rather a level of tolerance and individual consumption .. Let me explain:
At noon I go home to eat, but I do not have much time.
Here, the rapidity of the TI is of a very precious help (in fact helps not to be sent back from my work, being CIVILIZED)
On the other hand in the evening I tend to chain/multiply the bowls, and therefore to consume much more than with the extremQ (almost doubles) .. My level of resistance seems higher in the evening than in the day time.
So, my evening sessions are a little "disconnected" from a high state but accompany an evening in front of the TV or with friends. And so the finished session at the same time as sleep arrives ..
Besides i already have fell asleep two times with the TI turned on, one of which he found himself on the ground with broken glass parts, luckily i do not have carpet or easily flammble floor..

Alexis

I've tried vapes which need a hell of time working through the stuff but they didnt delivered the class of effects as other vapes which are working much more faster - with the same amount of material.
Yes I also agree with this logic. In theory, you should get more bang for your buck due to a bigger hit. You can still consume more herb, it will just mean being even more medicated.

Either way it is pros and cons. That is why it is good to have different vaporizers to have the best of both worlds, depending on your mood.

But then you can also achieve this by varying temp, to an extent.

Hogni

The days I was at "Verdampftnochmal" in Berlin. They'll get the new Sublimator and Herborizer Ti in the next time. Both still ordered. Will test them in comparison and review.

BTW mid of June the Mary Jane, the biggest cannabis convention of Germany will take place in Berlin again. VDNM will be there as an exhibitor. Last year they've offered a discount of 20% for 14 days at the MJ . Guess they will do so this year too. I'll report.

Doktor Dub

The days I was at "Verdampftnochmal" in Berlin. They'll get the new Sublimator and Herborizer Ti in the next time. Both still ordered. Will test them in comparison and review.

BTW mid of June the Mary Jane, the biggest cannabis convention of Germany will take place in Berlin again. VDNM will be there as an exhibitor. Last year they've offered a discount of 20% for 14 days at the MJ . Guess they will do so this year too. I'll report.

Could be the best opportunity to get the Herborizer TI, thanks for sharing. Looks like i will make it to MJ, any chance you had a look fr GH Batteries?

Have a great Week everybody!

Carlos8400

Hey guys,

Got home yesterday and this piece was waiting for me:

LIn1z5w.jpg

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2016-new-18-5cm-height-glass-s-bongs-glass/371413550.html

So far it is my favourite match with the Ti!
In the month i have had it i have tried it with pretty much everything you could imagine, tubes, beakers, fab eggs, recyclers, small bubblers, multi percs beasts, non diffused downstems, you name it! And this is my favourite yet.
Good size, very little drag, little filtration so lots of taste, but enough cooling that nothing gets harsh, enough water that things don't get nasty too fast.
I think this piece would suck with smoke, as it has very little filtration, but with vapour it is great.

This is my third piece from Steven, all of them have been good. No obvious defects, it's not laser straight and symmetrical like i guess a $1500 original Bates would be, but it functions great and looks good.
The only thing that i am not sure about is the cleaning of the inner tubes, i hope it won't be too much of a pain, but apart from that, this is a winner!

Last edited:

Hogni

@Carlos8400, @The Beagle is right. Have a FC 710 my own. Same diffusion system. PBW works really wonders. Let not build up to much reclaim!

Could be the best opportunity to get the Herborizer TI, thanks for sharing. Looks like i will make it to MJ, any chance you had a look fr GH Batteries?

Have a great Week everybody!

Yepp, would be nice to meet you at MJ.

Hogni,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

I usually use the ISO and salt method and it works great, will definitely have a look into PBW if i need it, thanks
Thanks a million Carlos for sharing all your experiences and trials so far. You are making it really hard for me not to want to get this vaporizer!
I do like the look of that bubbler. I like less drag, so I imagine with the Ti's open airflow, taknig huge hits is as effortless with that bubbler as any rig out there!

And I also like a large and deep water volume for cooling as well. I may actually get that bubbler myself, if only for my Omnivap.

I am using it with the D020-D bubbler, which has a little bit of drag and cant take very much water volume or it gets into your mouth.
https://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-9-inches-bubbler-glass-bong-water/387353976.html#pd-019

Regarding cleaning glass- I am useless when it comes to practical chores like cleaning stuff. I have no experience and always put things off, vut I need to clean my Aromed bowl to sell it. I have iso alcohol, but I may get some table salt to use as well, dont want to waste my precious himalayan!

If there are any speciific techniques I will be glad to hear them, with gratitude!

Keep up the awsome posts. I will email Sebastien soon and tell him just what a job you are doing at enticing us all towards the Ti.

Seb seems really cool and open,,and humble. Nice guy for sure!

MrMonss

Hi guys,
I mainly use a copy of "the devastator", called the FC Mod and which had its hour of glory 3 years ago. Initially purchased for its modular side, but also for the footless part which is easily transportable, coupled with a J Hook. Finally good side is also to be able to change diffuser easily according to wishes, and the fact of having joints standard of 29.2 allows a really really simple cleaning.

The negative side of the copy is that the joints are not perfect, and that with the amplitude/weight of the TI the matrix perc comes to stick to the body of the bubbler.. Not serious, I no longer use the matrix.

img-20170403-213413_imagesia-com_1dn0b.jpg

Baron23

Hey guys,

Got home yesterday and this piece was waiting for me:

LIn1z5w.jpg

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2016-new-18-5cm-height-glass-s-bongs-glass/371413550.html

So far it is my favourite match with the Ti!
In the month i have had it i have tried it with pretty much everything you could imagine, tubes, beakers, fab eggs, recyclers, small bubblers, multi percs beasts, non diffused downstems, you name it! And this is my favourite yet.
Good size, very little drag, little filtration so lots of taste, but enough cooling that nothing gets harsh, enough water that things don't get nasty too fast.
I think this piece would suck with smoke, as it has very little filtration, but with vapour it is great.

This is my third piece from Steven, all of them have been good. No obvious defects, it's not laser straight and symmetrical like i guess a $1500 original Bates would be, but it functions great and looks good.
The only thing that i am not sure about is the cleaning of the inner tubes, i hope it won't be too much of a pain, but apart from that, this is a winner!
The o-rings look nice, but wouldn't just a bit of heat shrink take care of the hot handle issue?

Carlos8400

Thanks a million Carlos for sharing all your experiences and trials so far. You are making it really hard for me not to want to get this vaporizer!
I do like the look of that bubbler. I like less drag, so I imagine with the Ti's open airflow, taknig huge hits is as effortless with that bubbler as any rig out there!

And I also like a large and deep water volume for cooling as well. I may actually get that bubbler myself, if only for my Omnivap.

I am using it with the D020-D bubbler, which has a little bit of drag and cant take very much water volume or it gets into your mouth.
https://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-9-inches-bubbler-glass-bong-water/387353976.html#pd-019

Regarding cleaning glass- I am useless when it comes to practical chores like cleaning stuff. I have no experience and always put things off, vut I need to clean my Aromed bowl to sell it. I have iso alcohol, but I may get some table salt to use as well, dont want to waste my precious himalayan!

If there are any speciific techniques I will be glad to hear them, with gratitude!

Keep up the awsome posts. I will email Sebastien soon and tell him just what a job you are doing at enticing us all towards the Ti.

Seb seems really cool and open,,and humble. Nice guy for sure!

You are welcome. One thing about this bubbler, it does have a bit of chug, i wouldn't call it drag, as it is very free flowing, but because of its design and the glass ball it has a burbble going on rather than a smooth pull.

Regarding cleaning, my usual routine is:

Soak in very warm water for 5 minutes or so to losen things up. Empty the water, pour in a tablespoon of cheap salt and half a cup of ISO. Fold a sheet of kitchen roll and use it to plug the bowl hole, hand on the mouthpiece hole, shake like a mentalist untill clean, rinse with warm water.
Because i have very hard water i get deposits in my glass, so every 3 or 4 cleans i will then pour half a cup of vinegar in the bong and let it do its thing for a few hours, with a shake every once in a while.
This gets rid of all limescale.

The o-rings look nice, but wouldn't just a bit of heat shrink take care of the hot handle issue?

Mmm, it might not be enough, heat shring isn't a great insulator IMO, it is a bit thin.
Wouldn't cost much to try though.

latulipe999

Because i have very hard water i get deposits in my glass, so every 3 or 4 cleans i will then pour half a cup of vinegar in the bong and let it do its thing for a few hours, with a shake every once in a while.
This gets rid of all limescale.

To avoid limescale deposits, I simply use demineralised water. And to prevent the resin from fixing in the glassware, I add a few drops of lemon juice.

I also do a cleaning with ISO alcohol but I prefer to use small glass beads cheap that I can reuse rather than coarse salt to unhook the large piece of resin.

Moreover, it rubs better ! ;)

Moz2exF.jpg

Moz2exF.jpg

Carlos8400

Well, that FC 710 paired with the Ti and some new Cookies Kush really hit me hard yesterday, hadn't been hit that hard in a long while! So today i decided to go small, cute, and more filtered...

Here is a small 8.5" Klein recycler (also from Steven) with the 14.5mm bowl.

It hits much smoother than the previous one, it robs you from quite a bit of taste and "smokiness", but the smoothness would be great for someone with sensitive lungs or someone who isn't used to vaping/smoking.
With that combo you can literally hit it 100% strength and not be afraid of coughing at all.
The bowl does end up a bit too close to the face, but it isn't close enough to be scary.

I wouldn't make it my daily driver, but it is a nice change of pace.

I will use it a few times and post a comparative pic, you will quickly see how fast the 14.5mm bowl gets dirty compared to the 18.8mm one. The funnel area really traps all the gunk.

edit: latulipe999, can you taste the lemon juice at all?
Also there really isn't a need for coarse salt, i used to use it and it was always more expensive, but a while back i tried with the cheapest table salt i could find and it worked just as well, if not better because it is smaller and it really gets everywhere.

tFK2VGg.jpg

Last edited:

Hogni

Using salt shouldn't be your first choice. It will slowly scratch your glass and fine scratches are a good base for building up reclaim faster!

Hogni,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp

Carlos8400

Using salt shouldn't be your first choice. It will slowly scratch your glass and fine scratches are a good base for building up reclaim faster!

I would love to see what science has to say about that...
Since we use diamonds to cut glass i don't see how salt would scratch it? Unless we are talking hundreds of years of continuous cleaning!

Edit:

"Using the Mohs hardness scale, pyrex (the type of glass that most pieces are) has a rating of ~6, while other kinds of glass range from 4.5 to 6.5, and salt (halite in mineral form) has a rating of 2.5. This means that there is no way salt can scratch the glass."

Also salt has the same Mohs rating as a fingernail (2 to 2.5), i don't know about you, but i can't scratch my glass with my nail...

Last edited:
Top Bottom