Discontinued herbalAire

PV gong attachment doesn't fit my HA very well. It's just a tad bit large and sometimes sticks in the chamber, or can take force to put in. As such, I'm weary of using it and haven't for a long time now.

At some point it'd be awesome to get a Joda gong for it. I'm thinking heavy tentacle roll stoppers so the HA sits on those instead of having the glass sit on the heater floor in the chamber (PV gong would get singed from too much heat). And a pinch bowl, no screen, should work great with HA whole nugs.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
HA has a TonG for the 2.2 that does what the Elite mouthpiece does...mate with all 14mm and 18mm glass. Wouldn't that fix your problems?

stickstones,
Reactions: 421

VJJJV

No clue what I did yesterday
I already asked Joda for a piece some time ago and he just straight up rejected it, was a little surprised and disappointed..

I've been eyeing that TonG though.

VJJJV,

I have TonG and love it. Would still like to have a nice fitting GonG at some point, dunno I like to have options :) Experimenting diff setups on the HA is quite fun.

I use a Elite MP on my 2.2, which didn't fit at first but after using it stuck in halfway, it eventually conformed to size and now fits nicely in my 2.2. Elite MP and 2.2 TonG difference is that Elite is longer.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I already asked Joda for a piece some time ago and he just straight up rejected it, was a little surprised and disappointed..

I've been eyeing that TonG though.
I've been thinking about this. Are there a lot of vapes out there with glass mating with SS? While GonG and TonG are fine, I can see how glass and metal might not mate that well. Tho I'm just guessing, that may be his concern...

cybrguy,

bobo305

I've been doing balloons mostly since I got my herbalaire 2.2 and love it. I used the whip last night for the first time, (threw out the shit whip included and got the mfb whip) it rocks! lots of clouds @ 340, this thing is a beast. I never grind and I pack it as tight as i can. works like a charm.

VJJJV

While GonG and TonG are fine, I can see how glass and metal might not mate that well. Tho I'm just guessing, that may be his concern...

I think he just can't do it without having an actual herbalaire to get the fit right. Maybe if someone borrowd their piece to Joda or the oregon glassblower they might be able to do some work.

VJJJV,

Took an HA pic showing whole bud extraction. In the second pic the bud is upside down, the effects were setting in at that point, :ko:

j7ZKsqP.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
so i just hooked it up to my bubbler with some longer cords and had a fun session. the bubbler vibrated only a little, so I opted to do as instructed and just breathe it from the mouthpiece instead of pull. pretty relaxing way to hit! I don't know about you guys, but I think I consistently notice a better hit with the pump. and the taste is always good and everything is fully extracted. i really like shaking things up with this vape.

herbalaire

Manufacturer
Introducing our newest creation The herbalAire Concentrate Kit!!! Four Crucibles compatible with the herbalAire Elite and H2.2 each with a triple raised screen designed for vaporizing Essential Oils, Waxes, and all other Concentrates. This kit also comes with a cleaning tool which works as a great delivery system for Oils and Waxes and a convenient storage tube for easy cleaning. Simply place your concentrate of choice directly on the screen and drop the crucible in the chamber. Three Triple offset screens capture, hold and spread out the concentrate creating the most efficient extraction without any of the material leaking through to the chamber below. Experience the deep flavour and aroma of all your favourite concentrates
i4nuo8.jpg

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
@421 : Great illustration of the thoroughness & evenness of the HA extraction of a whole nug. I have gotten the same results throughout the temperature range, with never any green or green specks remaining (like other vapes). The nice thing is that you can crumble that whole nug to see that the innards are the same deep and even brown throughout! No messy stirring or crumbling or regrinding like other vapes require.

This holds true for compressed whole nugs, or even compacted, ground herb as well, in my testings over the years. The HA simply takes on every & any type of herb and fully extracts every last drop of goodness, with no muss or fuss.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Introducing our newest creation The herbalAire Concentrate Kit!!! Four Crucibles compatible with the herbalAire Elite and H2.2 each with a triple raised screen designed for vaporizing Essential Oils, Waxes, and all other Concentrates. This kit also comes with a cleaning tool which works as a great delivery system for Oils and Waxes and a convenient storage tube for easy cleaning. Simply place your concentrate of choice directly on the screen and drop the crucible in the chamber. Three Triple offset screens capture, hold and spread out the concentrate creating the most efficient extraction without any of the material leaking through to the chamber below. Experience the deep flavour and aroma of all your favourite concentrates
i4nuo8.jpg
If you guys are still here, are these crucibles cut to fit with the TonG? I've had to trim mine to fit...

If they are not, than the amount of space above the screen may not be enough to trim the crucibles to fit the TonG...

Last edited:
cybrguy,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
i4nuo8.jpg

I hope someone has already ordered this and is about to review it. I'm super interested but a little skeptical on how the concentrate won't go through the screens and make a huge mess. I've got some pretty serious wax gear already, but I'm a fanboy and I'd love to try this out for $25. It'd be perfect if all the mess stayed on the crucible and you just iso soaked it every once in awhile. Reminds me of @421 using ceramic discs with concentrates.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
... space above the screen may not be enough to trim the crucibles to fit the TonG...
With raised screens, maybe the crucible could be trimmed from the bottom?

I haven't used any hash since starting to vaporize over a year ago and would like to try some of the messier concentrates if they could go in the H2.2. Look forward to reading about folks' experiences with these crucibles.

Amoreena,

Oregonglassblower

Glass Blower
the planetvape gong attachment has been breaking pretty easily for me. So after the 2end one broke I just gave up on the gong stuff since they're $40 a piece. Silicone tube to whip attachment has worked much better for me. I also fill balloons and then attach those to the whip attachment.

This guy does some great glass work and whip attachments. Freaking love the quality, if only he made a gong for the herbalaire.
http://oregonglassblower.com/VAPORIZER-ADAPTERS_c5.htm
I will look into it. thanks,Mike-Oregonglassblower.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
So your broken GonG had an OD of roughly 15.7mm (.62 in) according to your post, but was a touch too wide unless the HA was pre-heated? I guess I just wanted to know if that was correct? I was always assuming the teflon constricted as it heated and would be harder to squeeze something in when heated, rather than fitting only then.

seaofgreens,

VJJJV

So your broken GonG had an OD of roughly 15.7mm (.62 in) according to your post, but was a touch too wide unless the HA was pre-heated? I guess I just wanted to know if that was correct? I was always assuming the teflon constricted as it heated and would be harder to squeeze something in when heated, rather than fitting only then.

To clarify: It was possible to get the gong in regardless of the HA being hot or not, just easier when hot, really don't know why. Getting it out had to be done right after finishing your session. If you let it sit in there, so it cooled down, it was impossible to pull it out. Only reheating it made it possible to pull it out.

I sadly threw away the broken gong, otherwise I would test this all out again.

I'm not sure how exact the fit would need to be, but at this point I feel like a glassblower would need a HA as reference or so. I'd borrow my unit, but I don't think I can clean it well enough for it to be safe to ship. Maybe the herbalaire company can send a mold or a non-functioning unit. Maybe a kickstarter or so can be done where you get a gong for donating to a HA. Maybe i just have to get a tong or give another $42 to planetvape..

Last edited:

I would definitely say a new GonG should be made a little bit smaller than the PV gong. Would rather not have a tight fit, a slightly loose fit would be perfect. Really would like to ability to take HA on and off GonG really easily like a log.

Also would be cool to have: big roll stoppers on the side that the HA weight would sit on. 1.5cm long, it could sit on the teflon on top. I say this because my PV GonG got charring on the top that I couldn't remove with hot ISO, this is from where it was sitting in the chamber with the glass touching the floor. If it had roll stoppers it could be made so the glass doesn't touch the chamber floor inside.

Also would be nice to have a pinch bowl so it's all glass and no screens. Easier to clean and use, fits the HA since whole nugs won't be falling through a pinch.

edit: Perhaps there are already some other GonGs out there that will do the job? @McNerdius (such innovator wow, he also found the ceramic discs) showed me this setup of solo GonG with grommet working well with HA. Needs grommet or else it is too loose to hit well I believe.

wvB9ESZl.jpg

Last edited:

VJJJV

ay, a tad lose would be much easier to use. would love big roll stoppers and a pinch bowl

VJJJV,

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
Please, does anyone know of an advantage to using the TonG MP and a cut-down crucible for direct draw?

herbalAire kindly included them as unexpected gifts with crucibles ordered. I'm appreciative but w/o a water tool can't figure out how they'll do more than cut down on space for bud. :shrug:

Amoreena,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom