Discontinued herbalAire

*plainlazy*

I am looking for a silicone whip i can drain alcohol on and the glassparts instead of the stock white ceramic type stuff. I got a herbal aire can anyone help me with it please, i dont wanna drill anything.

if I understand you correctly you want to change the stock whip?
one of the best upgrades ive found is getting a mflb glass stem to replace the white teflon tube (they fit in the main mouthpiece with a little pressure) and also I picked up the 3ft mflb whip. much better material than the stock whip and no need for drilling anything.
hope this helps.

*plainlazy*,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just bought some silicone tubing and used the same connecters that HA used for their vinyl tubing. I actually made 2 tubes, one with a mouthpiece to use as a whip, and one with a 19MM elbow to attach to water pieces. Both work great and are WAY better than the vinyl insofar as taste and flexibility go. Over time I have found that I much prefer vaping through water.

A water tube above the HA would make me a little nervous, however, as if the water bubbles over (as I have been told sometimes happens) the HA could be damaged, but I have never tried a water tube. YMMV

thebossman420

can anyone confirm plainlazy theory works if so i might order the parts right now...

@ cybrguy yea the herbalaire has the worst feet to stay in one place, if i had the glass attachment i would take it off after every use.

http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/magic-flight-launch-box-whip-tube.html

http://www.australianvaporizers.com...-launch-box-glass-stem-mouthpiece-2-pack.html

~~~~~

https://www.planetvape.ca/herbalaire-ground-glass-on-glass-adapter.html

could i use this adapter just with the flight launch box whip ?

thebossman420,

thebossman420

i ended up getting the mfbl mouth/stem and the whip, should be here tomorrow or monday will give u update how it was and the potency of the vapours. i still might get the f bomb because alot of people use it with the HA and it looks like a nice piece tbh

thebossman420,

*plainlazy*

hi sorry missed your posts about the mflb whip kit. it works well a lot better than the stock whip.

must mention I used my HA mostly as a party vape via the bags. u can use the mflb glass stem when filling bags too.
the reclaim wand hash from the stem is nice.

you mentioned drilling the mouthpiece in an earlier post. I bought another teflon mouthpiece and drilled that out.
bought the arizer extreme q bag kit and when using the stock pump not getting amazing results.

so at the mo im using stock pump with stock bags with the mflb stem and getting v good results.

I think to get the extreme q bag kit to work I need a new adjustable pump that has been mentioned a few pages back.
but im yet to find one or ask here for which one to get???

*plainlazy*,

thebossman420

so the new whip and stem came, meh taste abit better but same same still, i will tell you if i prefer the water diffuser over whip.

thebossman420,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
HerbalAire + TonG + D020-D = $200 hands-free convection glory:

Sorry for lack of focus at the start, I have no tripod and my hand is shaky.

I was never a big fan of the original D020, but this bub is amazing.
Much more stable overall thanks to the added width and thickness of the can and base.
Also much lower likelihood of splashback when given a powerful clear.
Makes me laugh that the mouthpiece is clearly the same one from the original D020 minus reinforcement.
The thin glass of the mouthpiece looks a bit odd next to the thicker body and much thicker base.

I know it's an old post, but I just wanted to say thanks for that video. I was on the fence about it but the video convinced me and I'm very happy with it so far. Only $30 too, though the herbalaire adapter was another $30, but whatever, I love those guys. I was coughing sometimes using it lately and it hasn't happened since I got the D020-D.

thebossman420

I know it's an old post, but I just wanted to say thanks for that video. I was on the fence about it but the video convinced me and I'm very happy with it so far. Only $30 too, though the herbalaire adapter was another $30, but whatever, I love those guys. I was coughing sometimes using it lately and it hasn't happened since I got the D020-D.

i was just wondering thats pretty neat setup, do i need the planet vape adapter ?

http://www.planetvape.ca/herbalaire-ground-glass-on-glass-adapter.html

http://www.dhgate.com/product/whole...-blown-glass/189655932.html#s1-1-1|1075280568

*plainlazy*

@bossman420
are you saying your new whip isnt working that well?
I found the HA has to be fookin hot or v warmed up for a good proformance.
I usually set it to 200 let the light go green and then turn it back to 175. let the light go green wait a minute then starting using it with with whip or bag. get better more consistent results.

good luck
im planning to get the same water pipe soon for use with HA and my LSV. im sure I read you can use the HA normal mouthpiece when connecting to a glass pipe? no need for adapter?

*plainlazy*,

thebossman420

@bossman420
are you saying your new whip isnt working that well?
I found the HA has to be fookin hot or v warmed up for a good proformance.
I usually set it to 200 let the light go green and then turn it back to 175. let the light go green wait a minute then starting using it with with whip or bag. get better more consistent results.

good luck
im planning to get the same water pipe soon for use with HA and my LSV. im sure I read you can use the HA normal mouthpiece when connecting to a glass pipe? no need for adapter?

ya i i get potent hits but its too harsh, ive always used a water pipe in the past and i miss the feeling so i going to get the d020-d that setup looks neat

thebossman420,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No, but to insert your HA into a bubbler and have it stand inverted on it's own you do need SOME kind of adapter or mouthpiece. You can HOLD the HA in a joint or bowl with the standard MP and it works fine.

I have the TONG, which is an alternative MP from HA that fits into a 14mm or 18mm joint. Both show in the included pic. The TONG is underneath. Notice the shape that accommodates both joint sizes and has a longer connection to the HA making it much more of a stable connection and unlikely to pop out, especially if the HA is not perpendicular to the glass. Using the TONG with it's deeper connection does either require you to skip the crucible, or shave about 1/4" off of the crucible to allow it to fit. I have done the latter and it works fine.

There is another MP from HA for their "Elite" version that some like, but I haven't tried that. Nor have I tried the PV GONG. If that is @MG23's video, I believe he is using the Elite MP.
2w3t4pw.jpg

added: BTW, one last thing. It is a good idea to bring the HA to temp and cool it down with the Teflon mouthpiece attached. That helps keep it tight, tho much tighter when hot.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

That's the bubbler I got and so far still great. I didn't get a glass adapter and I'm a little new to this so I can't say that one is cool to use or not. I got mine from the herbalAire website (url below). It was $20 + $10 shipping which seemed a little expensive, but I've had and loved the vaporizer for....6 years I think so I don't mind spending some money there.

@cybrguy has a good pic of it and describes how it works perfectly, mine both look like that. I was a little worried putting the new mouthpiece in. It wasn't fitting right I didn't want to force anything and break it, I think I just had some buildup though, I need to clean mine. Fits well now. The one for the elite looks very nice if you got it.

I didn't know that about the not removing the mouthpiece early. I had been taking the mouthpiece out right after because I was a little worried about flower cooking in there without the crucible, but I'll stop that now if it negatively affects the fit.

H2.2 adapter for glass - $20 + $10 shipping
http://www.herbalaire.com/shop-h22.html

For the elite:
elite mouthpiece
http://www.herbalaire.com/shop-elite.html

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: cybrguy

thebossman420

That's the bubbler I got and so far still great. I didn't get a glass adapter and I'm a little new to this so I can't say that one is cool to use or not. I got mine from the herbalAire website (url below). It was $20 + $10 shipping which seemed a little expensive, but I've had and loved the vaporizer for....6 years I think so I don't mind spending some money there.

@cybrguy has a good pic of it and describes how it works perfectly, mine both look like that. I was a little worried putting the new mouthpiece in. It wasn't fitting right I didn't want to force anything and break it, I think I just had some buildup though, I need to clean mine. Fits well now. The one for the elite looks very nice if you got it.

I didn't know that about the not removing the mouthpiece early. I had been taking the mouthpiece out right after because I was a little worried about flower cooking in there without the crucible, but I'll stop that now if it negatively affects the fit.

H2.2 adapter for glass - $20 + $10 shipping
http://www.herbalaire.com/shop-h22.html

For the elite:
elite mouthpiece
http://www.herbalaire.com/shop-elite.html

just wondering how the glass bubbler performs with the standard mouthpiece or do you need 100% the adapter for $30 ?

thebossman420,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
just wondering how the glass bubbler performs with the standard mouthpiece or do you need 100% the adapter for $30 ?

You could do it, but it could be a huge pain. That top is sturdy with the whip attached once it heats up, but I don't know about upside down in the glass. It might work if you're super gentle, but you might have to actually hold the hot mouthpiece into the main unit the whole time. I think I've seen stuff in this forum about using glass, I don't know anything about it though. I think the easiest thing is to wait until it get's hot, turn it upside down, and see how easy the mouthpeice pops out. You don't put much pressure on it using the bubbler, it just needs get in there enough to form a seal.

I had the same reaction, $30 bucks for the bubbler seemed too good to pass up, got less excited paying the same for the mouthpiece.

StormyPinkness,

thebossman420

You could do it, but it could be a huge pain. That top is sturdy with the whip attached once it heats up, but I don't know about upside down in the glass. It might work if you're super gentle, but you might have to actually hold the hot mouthpiece into the main unit the whole time. I think I've seen stuff in this forum about using glass, I don't know anything about it though. I think the easiest thing is to wait until it get's hot, turn it upside down, and see how easy the mouthpeice pops out. You don't put much pressure on it using the bubbler, it just needs get in there enough to form a seal.

I had the same reaction, $30 bucks for the bubbler seemed too good to pass up, got less excited paying the same for the mouthpiece.

LOL $30 for the mouth piece at the same price for a whole bubbler ahahahaha u made my day looking it like that point of view, damn money grabbers!

edit: so the adapter on the herbal aire site h2.2 wont plop out if it gets too hot like you say with the original mouthpiece?

thebossman420,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations TheBossMan420,

...damn money grabbers!

Perhaps the container doesn't always matter as much as what's actually being done with it...

39.gif

I've revisited my old FogBong setup recently, with the intent to compare in parallel with my modded VG pipe.

Without hesitation i shall declare that the proper HerbalAire + Fog scenario worked best for me while making water bubles was the worst option by far, to a point where each successive inhalation would feel more like a challenge than a cause for enjoyment, because it made me drink a lot between successive coughs... Which was a forgotten issue with moisturized cannabic vapor! Go figure...

:science:

What happens is this. After a while i realized that contact with cannabic vapor around the throat may cause me to cough repetitively and this will ruin the session, unless i drink water before and after to avoid that apparently allergy-related symptom. Considering i've tested this with bags combined to water bubbling vs moist air it's definitely not about heat, yet i sense the added water vapor in the FogBong setup minimizes this contact with irritants a great deal somehow. So, instead of having to rinse my throat the FogBong method offers its protective effect through entire sessions. Then water drinking becomes optional!...

:clap:

Quite frankly i find that relief is simply spectacular, but i still prefer my pipe because the boiler contraption required to generate sterile water vapor just defeats it as a result of the overall inconvenience. Yet i really doubt it would make a huge difference for me to use an expensive piece of glass anyway, while any configuration equivalent to this one should be an eye opener to those who tried it:

t0jlnt.jpg

6px7r4.jpg

FogBong!

Well, at least if you've suffered as much from persistant coughing inconveniences as i did.

:nod:

For all practical purposes only hot (boiled) water vapor makes significant contact with liquid water, of which the purpose is to cool off that steam so it can enter the cannabic path safely, the later being labelled "THC" in my picture below:

My red arrow shows where hot boiling water vapor goes under water (the later is marked by a blue arrow), the cannabic vapor tube (THC) only enters the bottle's cavity, away from this water. Flow restriction of the "H2O" line controls moisturisation.

But my pipe happens to be self-moisturizing and hence sips of water compensate for its time-compressed tokes, more or less... In addition, sustained use of a FogBong can feel "taxing" after a while, probably because it's so easy to abuse!!

:peace:

*plainlazy*

Does any one know what the stock h2.2 pump outputs in a measurement? im looking to get a quieter better pump that will work with the extreme q bag set up. unsure if I need a quicker pump or slower?
anyone gone down the route of extreme q bag set up with ha?

*plainlazy*,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
LOL $30 for the mouth piece at the same price for a whole bubbler ahahahaha u made my day looking it like that point of view, damn money grabbers!

edit: so the adapter on the herbal aire site h2.2 wont plop out if it gets too hot like you say with the original mouthpiece?

It's just the $10 shipping, $20 isn't bad for the mouthpiece. They fit perfect and are designed to fit better as it get's hotter and they should last pretty much forever. It was made way after the herbalAire came out too. Like @cybrguy said and showed in his pic the part that goes into the herbalAire is longer so it's way more sturdy. You don't use your crucible with it which is weirding me out a little. So far it's been perfect though. Though I miss vaping the oil that comes out of the whip.

StormyPinkness,

thebossman420

It's just the $10 shipping, $20 isn't bad for the mouthpiece. They fit perfect and are designed to fit better as it get's hotter and they should last pretty much forever. It was made way after the herbalAire came out too. Like @cybrguy said and showed in his pic the part that goes into the herbalAire is longer so it's way more sturdy. You don't use your crucible with it which is weirding me out a little. So far it's been perfect though. Though I miss vaping the oil that comes out of the whip.

can you clean the glass bubbler with ethanol and extract it or something to get the oil

thebossman420,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
can you clean the glass bubbler with ethanol and extract it or something to get the oil

I think there's some technique to get it back if you use iso to clean it. Reclaiming with iso sounds like it would taste awful though. Mine's still pretty new and clean so I haven't looked into it yet. I'll have to see how tough it is before deciding to do it. I know there stuff here about it, I'll have to look around.

With the whip it's so easy, just heat it up a little with a light bulb or something and it drips out. Still sad I used to waste that stuff before I knew I could vape it.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You don't use your crucible with it which is weirding me out a little. So far it's been perfect though. Though I miss vaping the oil that comes out of the whip.
I don't really like the idea of "expresso mode" (without the crucible) even though HA the company says it's fine. I prefer using a "mini crucible" to prevent any oily or sticky buildup in the oven. You make a mini by cutting about 1/4 inch from the crucible. A dremel is a good tool for this although some have just used a tinsnip and creative bending. With 1/4" off the crucible the TONG fits in nicely. I'll attach a pic.
I also like to put a screen in the top of the crucible after filling it. That way you can tap it out of the device just by turning it over into an ashtray or something without losing any of your load. If I am not intending to finish a load in one sitting I tap it out of the HA to avoid losing any goods to conduction while leaving the crucible in a hot HA.
Lots of good ideas and customizations in this thread too...
2daeuqd.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I don't really like the idea of "expresso mode" (without the crucible) even though HA the company says it's fine. I prefer using a "mini crucible" to prevent any oily or sticky buildup in the oven. You make a mini by cutting about 1/4 inch from the crucible. A dremel is a good tool for this although some have just used a tinsnip and creative bending. With 1/4" off the crucible the TONG fits in nicely. I'll attach a pic.
I also like to put a screen in the top of the crucible after filling it. That way you can tap it out of the device just by turning it over into an ashtray or something without losing any of your load. If I am not intending to finish a load in one sitting I tap it out of the HA to avoid losing any goods to conduction while leaving the crucible in a hot HA.
Lots of good ideas and customizations in this thread too...
2daeuqd.jpg

Ah that looks perfect, I'm jealous. I know they say it's ok, but I would totally feel more comfortable with the crucible in there. I just don't like thinking I'm damaging it myself. I would say 99% of the time I'm using it until the vapor it totally gone and it comes out super dry so maybe that will help stop any buildup. Though I guess my current crucible is defiantly not shiny anymore so maybe not.

I've always lived in kind of cramped places with people and cats so anything delicate or requiring tools has never seemed possible. I'm totally useless there and can't make one of those. Though... this would give me an excuse to grab an elite for bubblers, wouldn't want to potentially damage my current one.....

StormyPinkness,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations PlainLazy,

...will work with the extreme q bag set up.

Just wrap the bag around your main white HA teflon mouthpiece, the rounded one that is known as a "TonG" adapter if i'm not mistaking. Since you got Arizer stuff involved anway i'd like to mention i much prefered using the HA (v2.1) crucible + Arizer Solo Glass Stem association, so the original HA top part was found to be more useful as an easy way to make bags finally: at 1st hold 4 corners trying to keep it symetrical, then add 4 more and prepare to strap it all together with adhesive tape; as i recall i used to give that tape some fair stretch tension, then i just pulled back on the bag and strapped another layer around the mouthpiece again, with the clean round end outside this time, or course... Last but not least i cut the bag to length and sealled its other end. My bag was heavier this way but after a while this became more of a feature somehow.

This is what my bags would mate with:

4mf11.jpg

There's an HerbalAire white teflon straw inserted into a modded adaptor cut into a black HA ballon mouthpiece. This adds a bit of flexibility where there ain't too much of it, really... A cotton ball should keep particles away while the straw sets restriction and conveniently connects with other HerbalAire-compatible material - including bags.

Or maybe you must keep the Arizer glass part for your bag?

:peace:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom