Herb Grinders

Smelly Dog

Status update on EZVape order as of today.

Ordered March 15
Had to call and was told grinder would ship in a week.
Two weeks passed and no update.
Emailed and called last week and still have not received update.

I will try again tomorrow and if I don't receive anything by the end of the week then I am canceling my order.

@Bizkat
They Sent mine out after I emailed them. Now my grinder is somewhere lost in Kentucky thanks to the USPS post office shipping handlers, my USPS tracking number hasn't been updated since 04/04 with my lost order, its still reads Kentucky and my delivery date was 04/04, I live in Florida and today is 04/06.:doh:

SHIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!:shit:

It's like none of us are meant to own fugging Kanastor grinders with all the grinder misfortune going on!:mad:

Smelly Dog,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Status update on EZVape order as of today.

Ordered March 15
Had to call and was told grinder would ship in a week.
Two weeks passed and no update.
Emailed and called last week and still have not received update.

I will try again tomorrow and if I don't receive anything by the end of the week then I am canceling my order.
Same here, I haven't gotten word from them.

It's really alarming to have your money taken and not have any response from the seller. I'm not impressed at all with the way EZvapes is handling their business.

I really don't want to cancel my order but I might have to.

Smelly Dog

Sounds like it's not worth it to save a few bucks and better to order straight from Kannastor!

It's a good deal, but waiting suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks! :(

I used this link to contact EZvapes about my order status, remember to type in your order number and date you ordered the GR8TR. http://ezvaporizers.com/contact/info_5.html

I copied and pasted this from my emailed receipt (on bottom of post). I saved $17.40 for the wait, I ordered mine on March 14, emailed about my order on April 1st, I finally received my tracking number the same day I sent them the email. My order was to be delivered to my apartment on April 4th, USPS made sure I was NOT going to get it on the 4th, so hopefully today USPS has got their crap in order and delivers my GR8TR today! :bang:

Quantity: 1
Product Code: SOLGK0YM229
Price: $87.00

Subtotal: $69.60
Postage & Packaging: $0.00
Waive Signature: Yes
Total Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $69.60 (-$17.40)

507E

Just came aross the gr8ter today. I've been very happy with my SCS 3 peice grinder but the kannastore gr8ter has me very interested. Can't wait to hear everyones feedback once you all receive them.

Smelly Dog

Just came aross the gr8ter today. I've been very happy with my SCS 3 peice grinder but the kannastore gr8ter has me very interested. Can't wait to hear everyones feedback once you all receive them.

I have been using a 3pc SCS since December, hopefully today I'll get the GR8TR and compare the grinds. Before this past December, all I ever used was an electric coffee grinder for indoor prepping, and scissors for outdoor prepping, since the mid 90's.
My SCS changed my game for the better, I use it indoors and outdoors, no more scissors or electricity to cut up my herb. :leaf::peace:

Smelly Dog,

507E

I have been using a 3pc SCS since December, hopefully today I'll get the GR8TR and compare the grinds. Before this past December, all I ever used was an electric coffee grinder for indoor prepping, and scissors for outdoor prepping, since the mid 90's.
My SCS changed my game for the better, I use it indoors and outdoors, no more scissors or electricity to cut up my herb. :leaf::peace:
Ya I was all about the scissors and shotglass for a long time,lol. I love how smooth the SCS is at grinding. After checking out the kannastore site I really want one now. I'll be looking forward to your comparison.

507E,

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
Wow, am I the only person that has already received their GR8TR?

I ordered mine on March 22nd and contacted them on the 25th to see why it had not shipped.

The GR8TR finally got here on April 2nd.

I am very happy with this thing, didn't think it would de-throne my Santa Cruz, but it has.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Wow, am I the only person that has already received their GR8TR?

I ordered mine on March 22nd and contacted them on the 25th to see why it had not shipped.

The GR8TR finally got here on April 2nd.

I am very happy with this thing, didn't think it would de-throne my Santa Cruz, but it has.
Seems like you're one of the only ones that got an email response and their grinder.

I ordered on Mar 23, then I called and confirmed on Mar 24. No further contact from EZvapes has been had, despite sending two emails.

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
Seems like you're one of the only ones that got an email response and their grinder.

I ordered on Mar 23, then I called and confirmed on Mar 24. No further contact from EZvapes has been had, despite sending two emails.

Did you get an order confirmation right after completing the order?

I did not get the email with the tracking number, until I spoke with someone using the live chat applet that pops up on the lower right side of the page.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Pretty sure that EZvapes had say 5 x GR8TR's in their inventory & wanted to turn over the stock as it is a premium grinder at the upper end of pricing. Expecting only to clear their inventory they offer a sale & word gets out & they are swamped with orders & backorders.

Due to unanticipated demand they have to wait for a shipment from Kannastor & peoples manties get bunched. Just trying to add some logic to the delays people are experiencing here. It is also making me want to buy a GR8TR even though I have no need for one.

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
It is also making me want to buy a GR8TR even though I have no need for one.

That is exactly what I thought when I ran across the post talking about the sale. Waffled on the idea of buying it for days. Expected it to be no better than or less optimal than what I already had due to it's larger size.

When I finally got it in my hands, I realized that I needed it a lot more than I initially thought.

I am a sucker for modularity and well thought out design and this grinder incorporates a fair measure of both.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
That is how I ended up with my SLX @Vaponly. I think it was a 30% off sale & it came down to the SLX vs the GR8TR. I knew the GR8TR was a proven performer but decided to gamble on the SLX for shits & giggles. Then again that is why I drive a Renault Sport rather than a VW Gti or Ford RS as I am a man prone to taking a punt on something new.

Difference being is one was a $100 purchase vs a $38k purchase & guess which one I regret buying at least 50% of the time :tup:. I just quit my job & don't have another yet but a hefty 420 sale could lead me to a GR8TR. Needs vs wants.......

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Lovin the recent love for the SCS 3 piece, looks like they're pretty reasonable on eBay, with the 2.2incher going for just under $50...

I already have a 4 piece but I took out the middle and use it like a 3 piece (its also in desperate need of a cleaning... anyone got a tip or link for that btw?) so is the 3 piece worth it for me? Anyone have both to compare?

I do like the rounded deeper herbs tray...

Smelly Dog

Lovin the recent love for the SCS 3 piece, looks like they're pretty reasonable on eBay, with the 2.2incher going for just under $50...

I already have a 4 piece but I took out the middle and use it like a 3 piece (its also in desperate need of a cleaning... anyone got a tip or link for that btw?) so is the 3 piece worth it for me? Anyone have both to compare?

I do like the rounded deeper herbs tray...

I took apart my 3pc SCS, placed it in a coffee mug that was a perfect fit, added 90 ISO Alcohol in the coffee cup and let it soak. I then dried it, and scraped off any bits of gunk with a wooden chopstick.
I use a wood chopstick or wood/bamboo meat skewer on my aluminum grinder so i don't gouge it or scratch it all up since aluminum is soft. The pointy side of the chopstick acts like a wood pick, i get all the threads and teeth pretty clean doing it like this.

Guitar picks are great to scrape kief off aluminum grinders too.

Last edited:

Smelly Dog

I received my GR8TR yesterday, it was waiting for me when I got home from work last night.

The GR8TR with the fine grater plate attached grinds better than my 3pc SCS ground bottom side up for multiple spins. I didn't have to turn the GR8TR bottom side up, I just used it how it's supposed to be used. The grind the GR8TR gave me is what I've been looking for, the grind is nothing like how the MFLB finishing grinder leaves the bud either, it's fluffier and fuller than that, the MFLB finishing grinder almost turns bud into powder, great for my MFLB.

I have not used the other grinding plate that came with the GR8TR yet, I like the grind i'm getting with the finer grinding plate. You get two different plates with the grinder.

I thought I was going to need a friggin' blueprint or schematics on how to assemble the grinder, I had a hard time putting it together the first time, I slit my finger pretty good with the grinder teeth, they are sharp! After vaping a bit I came back to the grinder and was able to focus, I then assembled the grinder and all the pieces fit right together. :)

I HIGHLY recommend this grinder, it's expensive as hell, if you can get it on a sale jump on it if the price comes down to a few dollars closer to the SCS. I paid about $50 for my SCS 3pc, I paid $69 on sale for my GR8TR solid body.

04/20 is almost here, a lot of sales are going to pop up, check for online discount codes, and look for posts on sales here and on Vaporents.

Last edited:

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
The GR8TR with the fine grater plate attached grinds better than my 3pc SCS ground bottom side up for multiple spins. I didn't have to turn the GR8TR bottom side up, I just used it how it's supposed to be used. The grind the GR8TR gave me is what I've been looking for, the grind is nothing like how the MFLB finishing grinder leaves the bud either, it's fluffier and fuller than that, the MFLB finishing grinder almost turns bud into powder, great for my MFLB.

Love being able to use it right side up, rather than relying on magic tricks to make it work right for me.

It just feels like it was made with the vaporist in mind.

That is how I ended up with my SLX @Vaponly. I think it was a 30% off sale & it came down to the SLX vs the GR8TR. I knew the GR8TR was a proven performer but decided to gamble on the SLX for shits & giggles. Then again that is why I drive a Renault Sport rather than a VW Gti or Ford RS as I am a man prone to taking a punt on something new.

The SLX has some unique advantages over other grinders from what I have read, so I would not say it was a bad choice at all. Especially at the price.

You could always sell any gear that you find less than ideal in the classifieds.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The GR8TR with the fine grater plate attached grinds better than my 3pc SCS ground bottom side up for multiple spins. I didn't have to turn the GR8TR bottom side up, I just used it how it's supposed to be used. The grind the GR8TR gave me is what I've been looking for,

Love being able to use it right side up, rather than relying on magic tricks to make it work right for me.

It just feels like it was made with the vaporist in mind.

Posts like these make me wanna keep an eye out for a bargain although I am thinking the vape GR8TR would be the best choice for me.

The SLX has some unique advantages over other grinders from what I have read, so I would not say it was a bad choice at all. Especially at the price.

You could always sell any gear that you find less than ideal in the classifieds.

Oh no I love my SLX & that is going nowhere in a hurry! I also love my car but you could say it has "French personality" & is a bit of a dog in traffic. Then every time I think about selling her I go & find some twisty roads to kill that thought.

u bwade wunner

Looks like Lift won't be shipping to Oz anytime soon.Jesse from lift said its in the future but not yet..

Well looks like it's going to have to be drop shipped then;) .a little more money but worth it for a grinder I can use with one hand.

anyone with dexterity medical issues should find it a welcome change.

the previews of betas out there with silenced hippie,strain central among others.all very positive

Different grind size plates are interchangeable.there is a very fine grind plate option for vaporizers.

Im sure this thing is going to rock.

Lift also assured me that the anodised finish is solid and won't chip,flake or wear.

I'm going for the 3 piece.pre orders are now open again.

The lift innovations grinder.which was aka the clipper.

update_photo-01_large.png

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

Hey guys, I'm looking to clean my medium SCS after about 3 months. Could someone give me a quick list of things I'm going to need and what exactly is the proper way to clean this? I'm very very concerned the ISO is going to mess with the finish. Also does the black o ring just pop right off?

Sorry but I really don't have time to search for the answer in this huge thread.

My idea is just to use ISO and the S&B brush that came with my Plenty but is there a certain method that works the best? It's a 4 piece btw.

MinnBobber

My idea is just to use ISO and the S&B brush that came with my Plenty but is there a certain method that works the best? It's a 4 piece btw.
do you intend to reclaim the ISO after cleaning?---let it evaporate down to then get resin back to vape??

If not reclaiming I freeze unit to make material less sticky and then over clean paper brush/ scrape with guitar pick, etc to get what goodies I can and then:

I always use least invasive first, so wash in hot water and Dawn dish soap as you know that's not going to hurt anything.

Then just use brush and minimal ISO if spots need a little more. Quick brush and Dawn again. Rinse in hot water.

Others probably have their own ways too

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I drop my grinder in iso for a few mins. Then give it a scrub with a tooth brush and dry with a paper towel. Doesn't take much at all to get it clean. It should not harm the grinder unless you have plastic parts. Those parts should be removed before cleaning with alcohol.

Last edited:

delloy

I posted quite an extensive review on the Gr8tr a few months back. Sorry the pics have disappeared I reorganised my photobucket and the links changed and I can no longer edit the post. If you would like to read the review, it is here:

Herb Grinders

Top Bottom