Herb Grinders

vood

The Budget Gourmet said:
I'm wondering if anyone has or has used the "Puff It Up 4 Part 2.25" Aluminum Grinder"?
It seems like a decent generic given that it's from one of the FC sponsors, it has a 2 year warranty,no paint to flake off, and diamond shaped teeth(instead of spikes). It's also $12.99 vs. 75+.
I got it with my MFLB when I ordered back in June. It's ok, not especially great but it works. I initially had a bit of aluminum flaking but it was short lived. The screen isn't the finest i've seen but it filters fairly well for most purposes. It definitely isn't plant matter free kief to say the least, mind you.

Honestly, i'll be upgrading next year to something else. But it does work, of course. It's just more of an economy model than a precision minded piece.

vood,

jambolaya

The Budget Gourmet said:
I'm wondering if anyone has or has used the "Puff It Up 4 Part 2.25" Aluminum Grinder"?
It seems like a decent generic given that it's from one of the FC sponsors, it has a 2 year warranty,no paint to flake off, and diamond shaped teeth(instead of spikes). It's also $12.99 vs. 75+.
It came with my mflb and I didnt like it. Keep in mind that this is the first and only grinder I have ever used. The grind was coarse, not fine at all.

jambolaya,

SmokingElectricity

^^^not a big fan of the puffitup grinder. if your gonna spend 12.99, spend 8 bucks more and get a grinder that your gonna truly enjoy.

SmokingElectricity,

SmokingElectricity

Chromium Crusher 2011 model. CNC Aluminum. [any thoughts?]
chromium2011.png

SmokingElectricity,

morninglight

I bought a 2 piece Mendo Mulcher on ebay for $21.50 shipped or something. Got the medium 2 piece and am excited for its arrival :)

morninglight,

doubledown

Bad experience with MNB!
I needed a grinder and did a little (it turns out too little) research and the MNB 5 pc seemed perfect for me. They were in stock on their website so I ordered. I started reading all the bad stories about the current MNB company and tried to cancel within 24 hours (as stated was OK on the website). Someone named Idan Friedman contacted me saying I was outside my 24 hours. I was clearly not based on the time posted on my order email. We emailed back and forth a couple times and I stated I wanted either a shipping confirmation or a refund. Neither has happened 3 days later. I sent an email to Idan and informed him I am disputing the order on PayPal. Now I wait :mad: In a few days, if this has not been resolved, I will be escalating this to a claim. Please don't let this happen to anyone else. Save your money and buy a Mendo or SC if you really want a quality grinder that is not vapor.

doubledown,

doubledown

Just wanted to update. Within a couple hours of dispute I received a refund. Case closed. Now for a Mendo or SC from a reputable forum vendor :)

doubledown,

SmokingElectricity

^^^so basically you just didn't want to wait. :rolleyes:

i think my bro ordered me a mix n ball for xmas. they look nice. that titan grinder i got last week is turning out to be the perfect nug grinder. grinds up just a enough for a single sesh. finish is really nice. best i've seen on an aluminum grinder.

SmokingElectricity,

doubledown

^^^I hope your MNB arrives and is great. Looked to me to be one of the nicest designs with some of the nicest features out there. After alot of reading I came to believe the current MNB are not made and sold by the same person who originally started it. Then when I tried to cancel within the company's own cancellation time policy, I ended up having to dispute 3 days later to get satisfaction. Also their phone number does not get an answer and their email from their site does not work. I would just rather buy from someone I have more faith in.

Can the SC or the Mendo 4 pc be used without the screen if desired?

doubledown,

Nycdeisel

Again, why dont people like 2 pieces? I dont believe any grinder can have the screen removed or replaced, except for Kannastor, which also sells replacement screens.

I use a 2 piece ti SC, and I love it, perfect for grinding for different methods(or different vapes)

Nycdeisel,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Have a 4 pc mendo mulcher which is great for kief but doesn't always produce as fine a grind as I'm looking for with my vaporizer...

Just picked up a medium 2 pc space case online so I can control the grind a bit more and noticed that there are both silver and black...

Anybody know if there are functional differences between the silver and black space case grinders, or is it simply a matter of aesthetics?

Happy grindin', Happy vapin', and Happy holidays, ya'll.

Cheers,
mudstar

mudstar,

doubledown

Nycdeisel, I've never owned a grinder before and am still up in the air on the whole separating the kief thing. I was just wondering if the 4 pc could be also used as a 2 pc so I could try both ways.

doubledown,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
DD:
I've owned both 2 pc and 4 pc grinders, and love both for different reasons. I've had a 4 pc mendo mulcher (similar to the 4 pc space case) for the last 3 or 4 years and absolutely love it...have used it to collect kief which i've pressed into "hash" over the years...

...within the past year, I've reduced my combustion and, as mentioned in a post above just purchased a new 2 piece grinder, as I feel I'll be able to better control the consistency of my final grind...want to be able to get the grind a little more coarse than my coffee grinder but finer than my 4 pc. I find that with my 4 piece, i either have to grind upside down (leading to sticky grinder that's tough to turn) or run it a few times through the grinder to achieve the desired consistency (i use a log type vape) and even then usually use scissors to chop it up a bit finer...

I've also experimented with a coffee grinder to varying degrees of success depending on the consistency of grind you're looking for (this is discussed earlier in this thread). These can be obtained for less than $20 online and are great for grinding lotsa bud...It mostly depends on the type of vaporizer you're using and the consistency of the grind that is most efficient for that vape...

At any rate...happy holidays and happy vapin'...

Cheers,
mudstar

mudstar,

Nycdeisel

mudstar is right, it depends on a lot of factors. The great thing about 2 piece grinders is that you can choose just how you want to grind it, which is perfect if you use different methods or even different vaporizers,

HOWEVER, the reason that the 2 piece can do that is because it does not have any holes to fall through! So, doubledown, using a 4 piece without a screen as a diy '2 piece grinder' would really defeat the purpose.
I hope this helps you in your decision, doubledown.

Nycdeisel,

SmokingElectricity

mudstar said:
Have a 4 pc mendo mulcher which is great for kief but doesn't always produce as fine a grind as I'm looking for with my vaporizer...

Just picked up a medium 2 pc space case online so I can control the grind a bit more and noticed that there are both silver and black...

Anybody know if there are functional differences between the silver and black space case grinders, or is it simply a matter of aesthetics?

Happy grindin', Happy vapin', and Happy holidays, ya'll.

Cheers,
mudstar

black space case = formally known as space case titanium.

SmokingElectricity,

doubledown

Thanks mudstar and Nycdiesel! I've been around the block plenty but kept it old skool LOL. Just ordered an Extreme Q and figured I'd better figure these grinders out if I was going to really enjoy the medicinal benefits. Your explanations were extremely helpful to what I was wondering, and I have been reading alot. Happy Holidays!!!

**Update**
Just ordered Mendo Mulcher 2 pc medium AND 4 pc medium. Figure I can either keep em both or give one away if I don't use it much. For an extra $20 for the 2 pc it was a no brainer. Happy vaping folks :)

**Update**
My Mendos came in today! Very nice. Interesting fact, the tops to the two grinders have different finishes on the sides. One is smooth and the other is diamond cut. I actually like the smooth finish better. Put the diamond grip on the 2 pc (they fit both perfectly) since the bottom piece is very thin for my big hands to grab it helps me hold it better. These are high quality and beautiful. I still think I would have liked the anodized finish and the shape of the Mix n Ball better but the Mendo is USA made from quality materials by the owner. Shipping was less than a week and these work perfectly. Also got the pollen press. Got all three for less than $80! and should be set for a very long time. Absolutely NO metal on metal scraping. Highly recommended.

doubledown,

evolve23

Hi Im new here, thanks for having me.
I am trying to decide whether to buy a sharpstone or space case grinder. I have done some research and it seems like sharpstone is a better deal for the money , but i would like to hear any recent opinions from anyone who has direct experience with one of these grinders.
Thanks!

evolve23,

lwien

I, as well as many others here are really happy with the 2 pc ti SpaceCases. With site discounts, they are very reasonable.

lwien,

Nycdeisel

Agreed, Space Case really is THE BEST out there in terms of grinders.

Its not even a contest, Sharpstone and other cheap grinder are crap, especially compared to SC.

I have a 2 piece Ti SC as well ^

Nycdeisel,

SkollIstKrieg

wow didnt know this grinder was a forum favorite!

I picked two ti 2pc's up(for my girly and I) during AQL's black friday sale :D

Edit:
Figured I might as well review it for anyone interested. I have had only a few grinders in my day, most were cheep whoknowswhat metal, made in china grinders. Then about six months ago I got this nice little three piece but it was 1", brandless, and it killed my wrists to grind with. I saw this on sale at AQL, it had great reviews, a good trusted brand, and a reliable metal that we know. Once I got it and started grinding material, I was blown away, the feel of the first grind was that of a hot knife through butter... I couldnt have been more pleased :lol:

Ive been using mine for a month now, and I gotta say, this grinder is easily the best investment in a grinder I've made, I can tell if I don't misplace it, it'll probably last me forever.

SkollIstKrieg,

gvape

I have owned quite a few grinders and out of everything I have to say my favorite is my Mendo Mulcher.

For the price and the quality it is amazing. It shreds everything and keifs like no other. Best purchase for the money.

http://www.mendomulchers.com/

gvape,
Top Bottom