Herb Grinders

SmokingElectricity

class is in session...

I got my titanium crusher today in the mail, it a POS. Flakes of paint are coming off and i didn't even use it yet. The top of the grinder is 2 parts, not one solid piece and it spins, no herb crushing going on in this thing. It's light and made of very low quality aluminum, not an alloy blend like its advertised. This grinder is completely useless. My friends here at FC...

DO NOT BUY THIS GRINDER

img20101211155410.jpg

img20101211155306.jpg

img20101211155329.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

SmokingElectricity

Nycdeisel said:
Wtf is up with that design? that sucks man.
What other grinders do you have?

I have a bunch. I just like grinders. a bunch of chromiums. 2 piece space case titanium, diamond grind and a titan on the way.

SmokingElectricity,

SmokingElectricity

Mix N Ball grinders...

heard good things. anybody co-sign this? saw the 7 pcs Mix N Ball and got chubs... :brow:

Also that Titanium Crusher is a fake. I reported this to ebay.

SmokingElectricity,

SmokingElectricity

Got my 4pcs Titan Grinder 1 7/8" today. It's pretty nice. the plus side its built very well. nice quality aluminum. also it's surface texture is smooth as silk, very nice. bottom line, this is a nice grinder for the price. Perfect for grinding up enough buds for a nice single session. :D
img20101213164016.jpg

img20101213163727.jpg

img20101213163808.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

nr-cole

I have a simple, medium sized two-part metal and plastic grinder. It cost me fifteen bucks. Browsing today I saw somebody mention a "space case", and a quick search revealed some pretty crazy looking grinders with four parts that cost around a hundred dollars. So, my question for the FC community is whether or not any of these:

http://www.puffitup.com/category-s/35.htm

... are worth the cost of admission?

nr-cole,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Yes, and take a look at the grinder thread. You can learn about the Space Case as well as MANY other grinders on the market too :)

AGBeer,

jambolaya

For those of you who have coffee grinders, how do you clean them? And also should you clean/ break in the coffee grinder before trying to grind up buds?

jambolaya,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
good question. My Proctor Silex from Amazon showed up today....

How bout a few tips from the coffee grinder users

Frothy

ru_frothi,

Canarka

Yes. I recently went ahead and picked up a space case to replace many "no name" metal 2pc/4pc grinders I've had over the years. This thing is miles ahead of the other grinders I've had or used.

I don't think you'll really get it until you use one :)

Canarka,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I bought a nice 'blush' brush to help clean out the coffee grinder after each grind. Works very well. I envision at some point I'll need to do a bit of ISO cleaning though.

I have several 4 piece grinders and a 2 piece space case. 2pc Space case works great BUT the coffee grinder blows it away. I can tell a huge difference in the vapor with the finer grind. The fine grind = more vapor clouds and with the LB I don't have to crumble during use. Love the coffee grinder.

Coffee grinder is my most used grinder nowadays.

Lo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The 2pc space case blows my old grinders away but the coffee grinder beats the space case.

I do however LOVE the space case stash canisters!! Use them daily!

Lo,

max

Out to lunch
Canarka said:
Yes. I recently went ahead and picked up a space case to replace many "no name" metal 2pc/4pc grinders I've had over the years. This thing is miles ahead of the other grinders I've had or used.

You must have used some really crappy grinders. Space Case works no better than numerous cheap grinders I've used, and in some cases, still use. Space Case grinders are perfectly machined-no burrs, stop/start spots, or scratches left from the build process. But the perfection doesn't translate to operation. In use, I get just as good a grind and durability from a $10-12 Sharp Crusher.

nr-cole said:
So, my question for the FC community is whether or not any of these:

My :2c: - If you want a SC, get a 2 pc. instead of a 4 pc. As an FC member, you can get a great discount on SC from Puffitup, Vapeworld, or Gratefulbuys, and 2 pc. prices on SC are great compared to the 4 pc. models. If you want a 4 pc. , get one here- http://merchantswholesale.ecrater.com/c/701713/herb-grinder or on eBay for under $20. I've used all the high priced brands, and they don't grind any better than the Sharp Crusher, Chromium Crusher, or house brands sold by Vapeworld or Puffitup.

max,

Canarka

max said:
You must have used some really crappy grinders. Space Case works no better than numerous cheap grinders I've used, and in some cases, still use. Space Case grinders are perfectly machined-no burrs, stop/start spots, or scratches left from the build process. But the perfection doesn't translate to operation. In use, I get just as good a grind and durability from a $10-12 Sharp Crusher.

Maybe so. I've used/seen grinders with the top lid being made from two pieces and the teeth would spin in its cap. I've used ones with too small holes, too big holes, shitty craftsmanship, etc.

This thing is quality made. In my opinion, a quality grinder is a small investment when you're into this "hobby". I'm glad to pay a bit more for a product that will (probably) last me a lifetime.

Canarka,

SmokingElectricity

max said:
Canarka said:

nr-cole said:
So, my question for the FC community is whether or not any of these:

My :2c: - If you want a SC, get a 2 pc. instead of a 4 pc. As an FC member, you can get a great discount on SC from Puffitup, Vapeworld, or Gratefulbuys, and 2 pc. prices on SC are great compared to the 4 pc. models. If you want a 4 pc. , get one here- http://merchantswholesale.ecrater.com/c/701713/herb-grinder or on eBay for under $20. I've used all the high priced brands, and they don't grind any better than the Sharp Crusher, Chromium Crusher, or house brands sold by Vapeworld or Puffitup.

thats the vendor i get my chromiums from. ships fast and it will always be the real deal. i bought a bunch for chrismad gifts this year.

chromium crushers are the best grinder for the value. everytime i buy a new grinder, i always wind up going back to the crusher after a day or two.

SmokingElectricity,

max

Out to lunch
I've used/seen grinders with the top lid being made from two pieces
If you want something that will hold up and last, you have to buy a 100% CNC grinder, and it's cheap to produce those these days, thus the quality I've seen with current inexpensive grinders. Gimmick grinders with clear tops or a handle for grinding will not hold up IMO.

This thing is quality made.
Sure it is. Any SC has better looks and feel (no burrs) than my Sharp Crusher, or even Cosmic, MnB, Mendo, etc. But are you going to buy it to look at and feel, or are you going to use it? In use, it's no better than my $12 Sharp Crusher cheapie, and in use, it's not worth over 4 times the cost. It just doesn't cost that much to use aircraft grade aluminum and cut from a single piece of stock (100% CNC).

I'm glad to pay a bit more for a product that will (probably) last me a lifetime.
And I'm glad to pay a lot less for a product that will last just as long. I've heard the SC stories for years- 'it's the only brand that will last forever and won't break teeth'. Years ago there was probably some truth to it. I've bought every name brand and some generics as well, and they've all held up and performed well, and MixnBall, for one, has a better tooth design than SC, which uses the standard diamond, 4 edge design.

I've used ones with too small holes, too big holes, shitty craftsmanship, etc.
Hole size is a preference, not a defect. Too small? The smallest holes are 3mm, and that's hard to find. Smaller holes mean a finer grind, and if you're grinding for a log vape, 3mm is preferable, and many people have sought out that size. The 4 pc. Space Case models have 5mm (small) or 6mm (med. and large) holes, and that's pretty much standard for round holes on all but the smallest grinders. The only SC with 3mm holes is the 4 pc. Scout. So your criticism of too small or too big holes, would also apply to the SC brand.

There are certainly still cheap grinders around that aren't 100% CNC and don't use high quality aluminum. But if you buy from a source that you can contact and that wants repeat business and good word of mouth advertising- dealers like Vapeworld, Puffitup, Kelly's Great Products, Merchantswholesale, etc., you'll find high quality, good prices, and a seller willing to stand behind the product. It's no longer necessary to pay $60 and up for a quality 4 pc. grinder. I think the real value, these days, in a Space Case, like the Volcano, is the high resale value. If you ever decide to get rid of it, you can reclaim a high % of what you spent on it.

max,

PuffnPass

Proud Vaporist
Just ordered a SC 2 piece in medium. Originally I was looking at the 4-piece ones but when I realized I didn't really need a kief catcher for my purposes, I jumped on the opportunity to save a chunk of money. I know I'll be very happy with it, I also bought a MFLB t-shirt from vapeworld. Good Stuff!

PuffnPass,

max

Out to lunch
I like the MF T-shirt. What I don't like is that the men's shirt runs $2 more. :/

max,

Carbon

AcADIeN said:
a friend of mine got his grinder with his volcano, it was all plastic (orange color) 2 pcs, I never saw a grinder that good, will try to take a picture when I see him.
I have both a 4 piece Space Case titanium small as well as the Volcano grinder. The Space Case gets the most use. The Volcano grinder is probably the best plastic grinder I've ever seen and grinds herb better than any manual grinder I've used. It turns almost to powder with that thing, but plastic grinders are tougher to clean properly and get beat up much faster. My brother had the idea to grind in the space case first so it could do the tougher job then finish in the Volcano grinder to get the right consistency. I haven't gone to that extreme yet, but I'm guessing when the herb supply is lower I'll start doing that for efficiency purposes.

Carbon,

The Budget Gourmet

Lurky turkey
I'm wondering if anyone has or has used the "Puff It Up 4 Part 2.25" Aluminum Grinder"?
It seems like a decent generic given that it's from one of the FC sponsors, it has a 2 year warranty,no paint to flake off, and diamond shaped teeth(instead of spikes). It's also $12.99 vs. 75+.

The Budget Gourmet,
Top Bottom