Herb Grinders

Genoxin

So, to my interpretation, the better grinded the weed is, the better it is for vaping.

Right now I'm eyeballing this grinder

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Piece-63mm-Sp...in_0?hash=item56329911f4&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

I plan to be using a purple days vape. So would this be the ideal grinder? I didnt want to spend over $25 for a grinder and this seems to look fine. Although the aluminum seems a bitch sketchy... Any recommendations?
I was thinking of going for a cheap acrylic one, because i heard they grind the herbs more finely, but i wanted my grinder to last.

Also, whats a pollen-press good for?

Genoxin,

lwien

Most all of the 4 and 5 piece grinders just don't grind up the bud to a consistent fine grind that the PD really likes, like you can get from a scissors and a shot glass.

lwien,

Genoxin

lwien said:
Most all of the 4 and 5 piece grinders just don't grind up the bud to a consistent fine grind that the PD really likes, like you can get from a scissors and a shot glass.
Well, what would be a good quality grinder then? I dont wanna go with a coffee grinder for a few reasons; its loud, needs electricity, and change of over grinding. And overground herbs are only good for cooking...

I also want to avoid scissors because im not too good with them.

Slapchop maybe?
lol

Genoxin,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Genoxin said:
Well, what would be a good quality grinder then? I dont wanna go with a coffee grinder for a few reasons; its loud, needs electricity, and change of over grinding. And overground herbs are only good for cooking...

I also want to avoid scissors because im not too good with them.

Slapchop maybe?
lol
I have a 2 piece space case that is awesome for getting a fine grind for the PD. I also have a sharpstone 5 pc and like lwien said, it really dosent get it fine enough for the pd.

highendvapes,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
If you're not super picky gh a sharpstone will work fine and you can pick one up aat your LSS

bluntfaced,

Genoxin

K so after doing some searching; i was trying to find a 2 piece grinder to get my herbs very fine\course. I wasnt really considering a catcher.
Then i stumbled upon a 3 piece, 2 grinders and a catcher.

Wow, perfect Right? So Its got a fine catcher & a grinder chamber, that way i can keep grinding it til it fits my standards, like a 2 piece. However, it doesnt have a protective ring, a magnet, and i dont know what its made out of. If it had a ring\friction prevent I'd defiantly get it.

http://www.amazon.com/Revolver-Cham...ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1251421199&sr=8-1

Tell me what you think.

Genoxin,

Genoxin

Hrm, well does anyone know of a high quality 3 piece?(2 Grinders and a kief catcher. Yet still good material\features such as a protection ring) Because that ... that just sounds like the perfect grinder for vaporizers.

edit::

Decided to go with a Chromium Crusher & an acrylic. Ill give the herb a run threw the CC to get the kief out and to grind it. Then run it threw the acrylic just to make it more fine. The way i heard it, Acrylic have no room for the herbs to hide and the teeth come very close; very good for vaping apparently.

Genoxin,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Sooo I dunno about a 3 piece grinder but myy 4 piece has 1 grinder than 1 screen then 1 kief catcher. You are confused. Just buy a four piece grinder, if you are really not satisfied with your grind, hold it upside down and grind or brake it up with your fingers a little.

bluntfaced,

max

Out to lunch
does anyone know of a high quality 3 piece?(2 Grinders and a kief catcher
A 3 piece is just a 2 piece with a holding chamber. It doesn't have the advantage of a 2 piece, since the ground herb drops into the storage chamber and doesn't stay in the teeth, and it doesn't screen kief, since it has no screen. Since you can get a screen grinder with a storage chamber, the 3 piece is a waste of money IMO.

max,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah man what your asking for is like a 5 or 6 piece or some shit. They do make them, I think maybe sharpstone does, I've seen the in my LSS

bluntfaced,

owin

For the PD I use a 4pc mendo mulcher to get the kief then I take a pair of cuticle scissors I got from walgreens and cut it up in the grinder on top of the screen. I hate 2 pc grinders so I'm ok with cutting up my green a little after it has been grinded up some.

owin,

mindtruck

I got a Chromium Crusher not long ago. The design is nice with the 3 chambers and magnet top, but the grinder was a piece of crap and left microscopic metal flakes in the herb. WTF. If you want a cheap one, go for wood; If you want a nice one you'll get what you pay for.

mindtruck,

masejl12

mindtruck said:
I got a Chromium Crusher not long ago. The design is nice with the 3 chambers and magnet top, but the grinder was a piece of crap and left microscopic metal flakes in the herb. WTF. If you want a cheap one, go for wood; If you want a nice one you'll get what you pay for.
Did you clean it before you used it? I have a CC and cleaned it before I even thought of grindin up some herb. I cleaned it with iso and q-tips until I saw no more metal shavings coming off, now its all good and works great, although I want a black 2 pc. space case.

masejl12,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
lwien said:
Black Space Case ?
I have a tititanium one that is like a deep grey, but havent seen the actual black ones. I have seen pics, but they may just be like the one that I have with poor lighting.

highendvapes,

lwien

Deep grey? I have a ti SpaceCase also and it is a dark purple color.

I have never heard of a black space case or a deep grey ti spacecase. Are you sure you guys got and/or looking at real spacecases, or are they knockoffs? Or possibly some color-blindness going on here, eh?

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
I've had two titanium SC grinders in my hands for close inspection, and they both looked the same dark gray to me. I could even see someone describing the color as black, so I'm sure that's what masejl12 is referring to.

max,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
lwien said:
Deep grey? I have a ti SpaceCase also and it is a dark purple color.
http://www.vaporoutlet.com/space_case_grinders.html
The one that I have is pictured here. I'm pretty positve its genuine as the majority of pictures that I have seen of the tititanum ones are this colored. Where did you get a purple one? Are you sure that yours is genuine? I'd love to have a purple spacecase.

highendvapes,

lwien

Mine looks just like this >>>

Click on it to blow it up.

To my eyes, that's a very dark purple. Do you guys see it differently?

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
The anodizing process does sometimes produce slightly different tints. I've seen varying shades on the MixnBall grinders.

max,

masejl12

Haha yeah sorry for the mix up. I meant the titanium, I think they look real sharp. :peace:

masejl12,

kalinga

Mine looks exactly what Lwien posted. Very dark purplish-black color. The non-stick properties of the finish is amazing. It's very easy to remove and clean all the resinous gunk that builds up on the sides(both inner and outer) And the teeth retains the razor sharpness.

kalinga,

anarchyreigns

lwien said:
Mine looks just like this >>> [url]http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4778/sqdsc0377vmi.th.jpg[/url]

Click on it to blow it up.

To my eyes, that's a very dark purple. Do you guys see it differently?
Mine is that color also. Kind of a purple/brownish color. In most of the pictures you see online, they look black, which is why I think a lot of people call it the "black" Space Case. I was surprised when I first opened it; I was like "what the...?", because I thought it was going to be black too.

anarchyreigns,
Top Bottom