Herb Grinders

lwien

Hotboxvapebongin said:
It may have been spotless to the naked eye.. Doesnt mean there aren't any metal shavings from machine marks in it. You need a 5x lense to see a lot of the metal shavings. My point is that you should clean them no matter how much you trust your expensive Space Case company.
Damn, I never did. I've had it for a few months now.

65 years old and run 4 miles a day, so I guess I'm lucky in that if there was any danger, it would probably have shown up by now..............or at least, I hope so.

lwien,

owin

lwien said:
Hotboxvapebongin said:
It may have been spotless to the naked eye.. Doesnt mean there aren't any metal shavings from machine marks in it. You need a 5x lense to see a lot of the metal shavings. My point is that you should clean them no matter how much you trust your expensive Space Case company.

65 years old and run 4 miles a day, so I guess I'm lucky in that if there was any danger, it would probably have shown up by now..............or at least, I hope so.
You have so much metal in your body from grinders you have turned into wolverine.

owin,

lwien

owin said:
lwien said:
Hotboxvapebongin said:

You have so much metal in your body from grinders you have turned into wolverine.
LOL. Yeah, I would think that if I inhaled any shavings, my lungs would be the first things to feel it.

lwien,

kalinga

I also soaked my spacecase grinder in ISO then rinsed it through high pressure warm water. But only after using it a couple of times already. :uhoh:

Lwien, I also run. I do 5k's 3 times a week. Need days off to recover though.
Not as fit as you and I'm half your age. :lol:

kalinga,

lwien

kalinga said:
I also soaked my spacecase grinder in ISO then rinsed it through high pressure warm water. But only after using it a couple of times already. :uhoh:

Lwien, I also run. I do 5k's 3 times a week. Need days off to recover though. Not as fit as you and I'm half your age. :lol:
I don't race though. Just a slow easy jog...........well, not really easy, but slow ;) . I'm kinda amazed my knees are holding out though. 6'2" at 220lbs. Maybe it's the tarten (rubberized) track at the high school that helps. No way I'd attempt to run on concrete. I'd probably lose 4 inches in height in about a week. :/

lwien,

Hotboxvapebongin

Im sorry to come of as a jerk. Im only looking out for people's health. Enjoy your grinders and your vapor :)

Hotboxvapebongin,

lwien

Hotboxvapebongin said:
Im sorry to come of as a jerk. Im only looking out for people's health. Enjoy your grinders and your vapor :)
I didn't think that you came off as a jerk. I think you gave some very good advice. As a matter of fact, if I read your post before I got my grinder, I would have washed it out before I used it.

lwien,

Evil1

My grinder from vaporizerdealer.com arrived - phew - I was getting worried.
I mentioned before that I had mailed them for tracking details - I was confused and had mailed another company - vaporizerdealer doesn't have an email on their site - most odd.

Can anyoe suggest a place to get a kief box/sieve. Im thinking of storing in one instead of a jar.

Evil1,

Hotboxvapebongin

I wouldn't reccomend storing my herbs in a kief box. they tend to dry out the herbs too much. keeping it in a jar is the best method IMO.

Hotboxvapebongin,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i absolutely love my cosmic 2.5 its everything i was expecting and more, and i have high expectations

and at the price o got it at... it was worth every penny, i probaby would have spent 30 more to get this kind of quality

the teeth are sharp, the chamber walls are high, the screen is tight, it produces a lot of keif and grinds a lot finer than my sharpstone would without turning my herb into powder

all in all its a great grinder, i reccommend it to anyone

theres my stoned review ^
|

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Evil1

I ordered one from EZ - paid via PayPal but I can't get hold of EZ to find out if they've received my order and posted it. They don't reply to mails - does anyone have any other contact details ?

Evil1,

max

Out to lunch
Evil1 said:
Exotic Zombie
Thanks. I've been to that site but lost track of it. I wouldn't worry about your order. You're covered with PayPal. When did you email them?

max,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
I'm thinking of getting a new Space Case crystal catcher. Are they worth the money? I kind of think I'd like to get the small one, but it seems like it'll have a row less than the medium one. The large one seems like it could be good, but is it just up-scaled, or does it have more teeth than the medium one? I'd be using this mostly with a Silver Surfer Vaporizer.

Pseudonymous,

max

Out to lunch
First time I've heard 'crystal catcher'. I like that. Is Space Case worth the money? For some yes, but not because it performs better than some other brands. I've used quite a few different grinders, and what sets SC apart IMO is the flawless machining. No burrs. No imperfections.

Space Case puts a lot of teeth in their grinders, and a lot of holes. That doesn't give you a finer grind, just a faster one. But many teeth means they're close together, so loading herb is either more tedious or you have to crush your herb while you grind, which can be messy. Personally I prefer a grinder with fewer teeth and holes. It takes a little longer to grind, but does just as good of a job, and is a lot easier to load. Just personal preference.

Some SC style grinders at a better price are Mendo Mulcher and the original Chromium Crusher.

max,

Evil1

I mailed them three days ago.
I'l sit tight for a while - as you say - Paypal when all else fails.

max said:
Evil1 said:
Exotic Zombie
Thanks. I've been to that site but lost track of it. I wouldn't worry about your order. You're covered with PayPal. When did you email them?

Evil1,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
does anyone have any opinion on those Spacecases that are pretty much stash jars with a tiny grinder for a lid? i kinda wanna get one was wondering if anyone else had one (and as far as kief goes I got a box for that, no need for one in my grinder)

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
They're great if you want a small diameter, no screen grinder that stores your bud after you grind. $45-50 is lot for a small grinder though. You can get one with the same design on eBay for about $12.

max,

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
I have 2 chromium crushers.
4 piece 3"

and a 2 piece 3"

these grinders are the best for the price!

I'm sure they will last me a lifetime.
about $20

I havn't seen anything better yet.

I like that they arn't made out of alumium like all other grinders.

New_World,

max

Out to lunch
The new style CNC Crusher (an addition, not a replacement) IS made of aircraft grade aluminum. This new style has fewer teeth and holes. I have both types and prefer the new aluminum model. To each his own. ;)

max,

lwien

New_World said:
I have 2 chromium crushers.
4 piece 3"

and a 2 piece 3"

these grinders are the best for the price!

I'm sure they will last me a lifetime.
about $20

I havn't seen anything better yet.

Better in what respect? It's been my experience that the SpaceCases and Cosmics are mechined and finished better than any grinder on the market although I have no doubt that the crushers will grind your bud just as well.

What is it about aluminum that you don't like?

lwien,

Evil1

I posted in the wrong section - its a kief box Im waiting for not a grinder.

Evil1 said:
I mailed them three days ago.
I'l sit tight for a while - as you say - Paypal when all else fails.

max said:
Evil1 said:
Exotic Zombie

Evil1,
Top Bottom