Herb Grinders

Radwin Bodnic

I like and use a lot of titanium products, but since it’s generally “SOFTER” then STEEL, don’t see any advantage over steel and perhaps aluminum as well, in a grinder.

UN-VETTED quote:
”Unalloyed titanium is softer, not harder, than hardened steel, and by a wide margin. Titanium carbide and titanium diboride are both harder than hardened steel.”

Unalloyed titanium will be harder than Al 6001 T6 (what I think is used in almost all Al grinders) while still being lighter than steel.

But I tend to agree with you : stainless steel seem better suited than Ti to be used in a grinder.

Edit : imho, Ti is only justified when you need exceptional corrosion resistance, strength to weight ratio, immunity to mechanical fatigue and sometimes for its thermal and inert properties. For most other usages, Ti is overkill.

Last edited:

cosimo

Has anyone taken a chance on this stainless steel AliExpress grinder?

I did but it never arrived, but not the sellers fault... customs in my Country is very tough with cannabis related things and they expect me to pay some ridiculous import fees that would bring the cost of it all to the same price of a SS BCG, so fuck them.

sweetherb

I did but it never arrived, but not the sellers fault... customs in my Country is very tough with cannabis related things and they expect me to pay some ridiculous import fees that would bring the cost of it all to the same price of a SS BCG, so fuck them.
You don't live in Spain by any chance, do you? I do, and I feel the same about the customs authorities. They really are a bunch of lazy, corrupt ***holes! Many times I've told them they can keep the parcel, as they wanted €80 on a product that only cost $90. Ridiculous!

I thought customs procedures were supposed to be harmonized throughtout the EU, but every country just does whatever it wants. So much for the often touted "level playing field"!!

axilla101

Does anyone else prefer a REALLY fine grind? I typically grind flower through a BCG Fine or Medium Plate, sift it through a fine strainer, and then put the remaining/larger pieces through the orange S+B finishing grinder.

Works great with all my vapes: Volcano, TM2, Venty

cosimo

You don't live in Spain by any chance, do you?
nope, but it is a former Spanish colony: Colombia.

Does anyone else prefer a REALLY fine grind? I typically grind flower through a BCG Fine or Medium Plate, sift it through a fine strainer, and then put the remaining/larger pieces through the orange S+B finishing grinder.

for very resinous bud, any grind works for me, but not so resinous buds i prefer coarser

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I like a nice consistent fine grind, to yield faster clouds, and depending on the vapes / bowls, however grinding upside down in my BCG is enough to get there as I don't want it to be like full powder, but yeah I don't want any larger chunks to disrupt the flow :tup:

axilla101

I like a nice consistent fine grind, to yield faster clouds, and depending on the vapes / bowls, however grinding upside down in my BCG is enough to get there as I don't want it to be like full powder, but yeah I don't want any larger chunks to disrupt the flow :tup:

Yeah, I'm a function over taste kind of guy. And it just feels like you get a better/more full extraction when the particles are smaller-- as long as it's not powder, as you note.

Shit Snacks

Yeah, I'm a function over taste kind of guy. And it just feels like you get a better/more full extraction when the particles are smaller-- as long as it's not powder, as you note.

Yeah and you get good flavor too, there are a lot of variables, so it's not universal rules in my experience, but there is typically better efficiency with a more fine grind yeah although it also typically entails more maintenance (to get that grind and then having to clean more often especially steel mesh screens, glass stems and dropdowns)

axilla101

Yeah and you get good flavor too, there are a lot of variables, so it's not universal rules in my experience, but there is typically better efficiency with a more fine grind yeah although it also typically entails more maintenance (to get that grind and then having to clean more often especially steel mesh screens, glass stems and dropdowns)

I've also found that as long as I keep my max temp in the 390F range, my screens etc don't get nearly as gunked up as they do when I go up to just 400F-405F. Not sure exactly happening in those 10 degrees to make everything so messy haha.

howie105

I see grinds, temperatures, and draws in a similar light, we all have different preferences, vapes, glass etc. So as soon as someone suggest something like a grind, It's going to be wrong for a portion of the populace. Perhaps it is best to work such things out on our own as we dial in our vapes. It takes time and bud, but in the end we can have exactly what we want.

Shit Snacks

I'm selfishly waiting for an owner of a OMD and BCG to pick one up and give us the breakdown. :D

It does look pretty different from those, the design of the lid and teeth has the different style from BCG, of course different from OMD as well, the teeth are different, the whole style... I'm not sure it would be able to turn as smooth without ever jamming up the way those two can, but it seems like a really nice more basic style design otherwise!

cosimo

Interested to see what you think of it, personally I'm not sure I would trust any coating, let alone in something that cheap
oh, I def will report back. It was an unplanned purchase to get free shipping on something else we needed to buy on amazon.
Actually, I have a steel BCG in a relative's home in the US waiting to be brought to me as soon as they come visit.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I have one of the Blaze coated grinders and like it well enough. I use it as my dedicated CBD grinder, there’s a little slop in the bottom connection and the teeth are not sharp. Other than that it grinds well enough and the coating does seem to keep it clean. I haven’t cleaned my BCGs in a year and they are starting to get gunked up!

I wouldn’t recommend the Blaze above anything else, but it’s not a bad grinder.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Gotta say, I'm soooo glad I went hybrid SS/aluminum "grinder" when I got my (truly) "buy once, cry once" luxury device waaaaay back in '17. But I ALWAYS have been, so nothing new there, just a lil more positive affirmation. I've only NEEDED to clean it maybe a few times but sometimes I'll do it just for fun! And when I do, it (truly) is back to tip-top shape and pretty much as sharp as the day I got it, and if not, I'll sharpen it myself cuz of the superior design.

I'll never totally listen to reviews (or hype) that's vendor link fueled and funded by the manf... especially one that goes up against another one that doesn't have any... soooo see-through.

Top Bottom