Herb Grinders

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
and the slx is way overpriced in my opinion, for an alumium grinder with ceramic coating. At least it costs here almost the equivalent of 150$.

Yeah, the SLX is actually a piece of crap.
I think i paid around 75€ back in the day. Pretty expensive for a grinder but i thought it was going to be an end game tool. They didn't specify but made a big deal out of the non stick coating.
At first it was kinda ok as nothing seemed to stick on the teeth area as promised.

But over time that layer/coating wore off i guess since all of the sudden it started to jam and became pretty unusable. On top of that there was a lot of wear on the threads (alu dusting) and once the plastic o-ring wore out the dusting also occured because of friction between the bottom and top part... Also: when and WHERE did that coating go exactly? :ugh:

So i had the option to buy another "budget" brand in search of a good one but instead i opted to pay full price once on a quality SS grinder and be done with it.
In the end i bought several cheap and not so cheap grinders that all turned out to be a disappointment and combined they cost more than what i paid for my OMD.
Buy once, cry once is applicable here imo.

I have zero regrets! It's a beast and it operates extremely smooth and "clean"!

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Some sort of the industry standard method's it probably has to be. what do you think the put on nail polish with deko ceramic powder?
It really looks quality made, and why should it not be? the chinese have ultra modern machines (mostly) made in the west,
often newer than commonly used here and labour there is cheap. the processes should be the same say on an slx and this cheap generic one.
This formula looked good all mixed up; why wouldn't it?

Hard metal only for me; if y'all want to breath chinese mystery dust you're welcome to it. I have zero trust they give *any* fux for the long term impact of these coating ingredients. The *only* thing that matters is profit; any assertions made that the coating being discussed here is similar to those used in cookware are obviously baseless and imo reckless. You've no idea.

SockPuppetTheatrics

Any consensus on the current "best" grinder out there? SS BCG? OMD? Stona for those of us who are thinking about jumping ship from the Flower Mill?

If it's method-dependent, I usually use convection-leaning portables (with dosing caps) and vapcaps (sometimes also with dosing caps). I started out with the medium grind plate but lately have been favoring coarse.

AndyO

Any consensus on the current "best" grinder out there? SS BCG? OMD? Stona for those of us who are thinking about jumping ship from the Flower Mill?

If it's method-dependent, I usually use convection-leaning portables (with dosing caps) and vapcaps (sometimes also with dosing caps). I started out with the medium grind plate but lately have been favoring coarse.

I have 6-7 grinders. I haven't picked anything else up since getting the OMD. Incredible grinder.

Jojofernz

What’s a great cheap grinder? Trying to replace my dusty Flower Mill but too broke for BCG or Aroma 3 and can’t wait any longer as my dusting seems to be getting worse.

Jojofernz,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp

sweetherb

I'm in the same boat. My santa cruz schredder is now 13 years old and ready for retirement.

Any suggestions for a 3-piece threadless available in Europe, ideally stainless steel if possible??

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
What’s a great cheap grinder? Trying to replace my dusty Flower Mill but too broke for BCG or Aroma 3 and can’t wait any longer as my dusting seems to be getting worse.
Great, cheap, safe... Pick any two, lol.
I've read the cheap orange plastic S&B one is good value?
I'm in the same boat. My santa cruz schredder is now 13 years old and ready for retirement.

Any suggestions for a 3-piece threadless available in Europe, ideally stainless steel if possible??
Don't Black Leaf have a cheaper stainless unit?

feralcomprehension,
Reactions: dimmusp

rizlafreak

two dog star
I'd look at this:
But I think you'll probably get it unbranded for a good amount less :2c: on amazon etc.

then the BL steely dan versions here cheapest:

No High-end but usable and reliable I suppose. edit: And not threadless, sorry.

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
Has anybody had the anodizing come off the BCG, My only regret is not springing for the large! Opens the door for the lg stainless down the rd. but I dig the colors, maybe a 4/20 sale. BCG is relatively local to me or I'd be eyeing the old mate.

budski,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Has anybody had the anodizing come off the BCG, My only regret is not springing for the large! Opens the door for the lg stainless down the rd. but I dig the colors, maybe a 4/20 sale. BCG is relatively local to me or I'd be eyeing the old mate.
Way way back they had some trouble with anodizing wearing. As far as I know they corrected the problem and replaced the ones with the problem. You can search back in this thread for the details.

I have several and I use them multiple times a day for over two years. I have not had an issue.

AndyO

People who are smarter/more experienced with grinders than me - what are your thoughts on a wooden grinder?

I love the look of it, but I guess I'm wary of the claim that it improves the flavour of your weed.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
guess I'm wary of the claim that it improves the flavour of your weed.

Yeah that doesn't make any sense to me at all, if anything it would be worse...? Wood grinders have been around for a while, usually with metal teeth inside, pretty basic, not performing well... I didn't look closely at this one, but how would you ever clean a wood grinder? I guess you could use wax like other wood parts but, I don't know I don't like the idea of it personally

Jojofernz

Speaking of wood grinders, just ordered myself a Stona to replace the Flower Mill. Excited to give it a go and report back! Almost grabbed an OMD but I did like the style of mill of the FM with not having the standard grinding teeth and Stona seems the closest to that experience of the "premium" grinders.

Radwin Bodnic

Speaking of wood grinders, just ordered myself a Stona to replace the Flower Mill. Excited to give it a go and report back! Almost grabbed an OMD but I did like the style of mill of the FM with not having the standard grinding teeth and Stona seems the closest to that experience of the "premium" grinders.
Interested to hear you about it !

Peacer666

Really Good griners shouldn´t have nylon or plastic rings in thier concept imo. That´s why I could never use the BC grinder with my OCD. For me the best grinders are the Aroma 3 , unitded machining the grinder 2.0 and maybe the hoj Life klip. Like maybe an gleichdick, sadly I got coating issues with my nice 4 peace gleichdick. I prefer SS even if there are really good aluminum options without Nylon etc. In Germany if you haven´t a problem with breaking, wearing out nylon rings, the Black Leaf Steely Dan would be an option. Made in china would be ok for me but too much sharp metal burr killed my nylon ring into many peaces, further this size of nylon ring was never restocked in their shop. My older SS version Black Leaf grinder never made any problems. But why grinding with nylon plastic when there are enough peaces of art without.
Weniger anzeigen

Phytotherapy

Really Good griners shouldn´t have nylon or plastic rings in thier concept imo. That´s why I could never use the BC grinder with my OCD. For me the best grinders are the Aroma 3 , unitded machining the grinder 2.0 and maybe the hoj Life klip. Like maybe an gleichdick, sadly I got coating issues with my nice 4 peace gleichdick. I prefer SS even if there are really good aluminum options without Nylon etc. In Germany if you haven´t a problem with breaking, wearing out nylon rings, the Black Leaf Steely Dan would be an option. Made in china would be ok for me but too much sharp metal burr killed my nylon ring into many peaces, further this size of nylon ring was never restocked in their shop. My older SS version Black Leaf grinder never made any problems. But why grinding with nylon plastic when there are enough peaces of art without.
Weniger anzeigen
I find the BlackLeave Edelstahl Deluxe Grinder (3 parts) superior and much more fluffy results compared to the Steely Dan (lucky enough I got it when it was still cheaper). However, it still comes with nylon ring...

Do you now a European vendor selling te Aroma 3?

Radwin Bodnic

I just realized that @GerVn_Vap0rist has a Stona. We need your input in this thread !

needyou.jpg

Radwin Bodnic,
Reactions: rizlafreak

Jojofernz

Anyone here have a Klip grinder, and perhaps others to compare it too? This another one I’ve heard about recently, after I ordered the Stona of course haha but looks nice as well

Top Bottom