Herb Grinders

Aeownz

Storz & Bickel fanboi
Also waiting on my BCG fine grinder, heard good stuff and I have fluffy nice packs that have sat with a boveda. Currently using the S&B orange grinder until then.

Aeownz,

deezz

Yeah I've been interested in that one too, but instead I bought my second brilliant cut grinder during the 420 sale. I actually got my first during last year's sale so clearly I am a big fan! Current one is fine plate Aquamarine (fka Sky Blue) and the new one will be medium plate Amethyst (but the old original brighter more fuschia colored shade).

I've been contemplating picking up a second one too. They're beautiful pieces of art and work very well. Do have a birthday coming up.....

Summer

Long Island, NY
and the new one will be medium plate Amethyst (but the old original brighter more fuschia colored shade).
I'll probably end up getting another in Hematite when they release a larger size

So is it gonna be hematite with amethyst (that color really is fuschia) medium plate?

They're running a little behind so I think the large grinder should be out in June.

?: Anyone know when NV came out with their threadless grinder - before or after the BCG? I don't recall there being any threadless grinders before BCG.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So is it gonna be hematite with amethyst (that color really is fuschia) medium plate?

No you misunderstood me, I ordered a second BCG, to go along with my aquamarine fine plated BCG I got last year. So the new one is going to be a fuschia amethyst medium plated BCG... I was told it should actually be shipping this week in fact!

Someday I will probably order a large one in hematite, is what I am saying. we'll see which plate I get with it when the time comes, once I have tried my new one! Probably won't be ordering it until next 420 regardless of when it comes out...

fangorn

Hello the team!

I am looking to improve my vape and am looking for a new grinder ... I had a 4 pieces 1st price aluminum from Amsterdam that a friend offered me... Surely more than 10 years ago ...

Since then I have invested in a Tinymight, dynavap ti and a Vaponic. So it's time to switch to a good grinder ...

I spend time looking for what I want but considering the prices ... It would not be serious for me bought a grinder at 120 euros ... But the VAS is powerful!

Anyway, after this introduction ...

I saw the Santa Cruz 4 pieces, then the Brillant Cut Grinder, the herb ripper and finally the Santa Cruz 2 pieces (with a jyarz required for the latter!) ...

The price, the brilliant colors and the aluminum of the Brillant Cut Grinder cooled me. I spent time combining the colors to finally find the onyx too shiny ... If I buy this one it will surely be onyx - hematite - onyx ...

Then I saw the herb ripper, all in stainless steel ... I much prefer the material, and surely even the design ... More raw. Even if the technical characteristics of BCG are enticing! But hey the price of the herb ripper also calmed me ... Even if the 3 pieces is more affordable ... And similar the shipping costs are not given!

The Gr8trv2 is too big for me ... But they released an affordable mini version. Except that the plate is necessarily fine ... So surely a grind far too fine for my vapors ... And in addition a priori it must be cleaned often ....

Too bad, I really liked the airtight compartments that would have saved me space in my vaping box ...

I saw the zam grinder also but surely less practical for the loading and not yet available.

Finally I come back to Santa Cruz (even if always tickled by the stainless steel of the ripper) ... If the 4 pieces is too expensive, I tell myself that the 2 pieces could allow me to wait a little for twenty euros. ..

Question ... How is the grinding of the 2 pieces? Doesn't the fact that the grass does not fall give too fine a grind?

Okay here ... I know everyone is different but what would you do for me ...? It's hard to find his vape ... I did not think that I would gallant as much for my grinder ... Even if it's not bad because it postpones my purchase 😁

Thank you for taking the time to read me and maybe to answer me ...

++

Shit Snacks

Hello the team!

I am looking to improve my vape and am looking for a new grinder ... I had a 4 pieces 1st price aluminum from Amsterdam that a friend offered me... Surely more than 10 years ago ...

Since then I have invested in a Tinymight, dynavap ti and a Vaponic. So it's time to switch to a good grinder ...

I spend time looking for what I want but considering the prices ... It would not be serious for me bought a grinder at 120 euros ... But the VAS is powerful!

Anyway, after this introduction ...

I saw the Santa Cruz 4 pieces, then the Brillant Cut Grinder, the herb ripper and finally the Santa Cruz 2 pieces (with a jyarz required for the latter!) ...

The price, the brilliant colors and the aluminum of the Brillant Cut Grinder cooled me. I spent time combining the colors to finally find the onyx too shiny ... If I buy this one it will surely be onyx - hematite - onyx ...

Then I saw the herb ripper, all in stainless steel ... I much prefer the material, and surely even the design ... More raw. Even if the technical characteristics of BCG are enticing! But hey the price of the herb ripper also calmed me ... Even if the 3 pieces is more affordable ... And similar the shipping costs are not given!

The Gr8trv2 is too big for me ... But they released an affordable mini version. Except that the plate is necessarily fine ... So surely a grind far too fine for my vapors ... And in addition a priori it must be cleaned often ....

Too bad, I really liked the airtight compartments that would have saved me space in my vaping box ...

I saw the zam grinder also but surely less practical for the loading and not yet available.

Finally I come back to Santa Cruz (even if always tickled by the stainless steel of the ripper) ... If the 4 pieces is too expensive, I tell myself that the 2 pieces could allow me to wait a little for twenty euros. ..

Question ... How is the grinding of the 2 pieces? Doesn't the fact that the grass does not fall give too fine a grind?

Okay here ... I know everyone is different but what would you do for me ...? It's hard to find his vape ... I did not think that I would gallant as much for my grinder ... Even if it's not bad because it postpones my purchase 😁

Thank you for taking the time to read me and maybe to answer me ...

++

Yeah I would not go with a two-piece if I were you, also maybe check out the new PUCC grinder too? It is more reasonably priced and seems pretty nice... I know seeing the high prices is tough, but the BCG is well worth it and the Ripper seems to be too...

fangorn

hi @Shit Snacks

thanks, i actually watched the pucc grinder. it's 55 € with delivery in France, it's reasonable!

But I haven't seen any feedback on the grind or the strength of the aluminum. I read on their site that they speak of a fine grind. I don't know if that would suit me.
I will search. Did you find any feedback?

And for the BCG or the ripper, I am very interested and I really respect the prices. I was just hoping to postpone my big purchase, hence my research.

Ah and it is noted for the Santa Cruz 2 pieces, thank you for the return. I'm eliminating a track!

Thanks again, I will keep looking and thinking!

++

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I love both my BCG grinders. I LOVE THEM.

However, if you're looking for a lower cost, and you like a roughly medium grind, I wholeheartedly reccomend the Super Weapon, from Interplanetry Development (click here to go to their website) I have two of them that I got before I acquired either of my BCG's. Both mine are second generation, and the current one on the website is the third generation, which I haven't tried, but I have not heard anything bad about the third gen.

It's normally $50, but you can get it for $30 - $40 if you can find a sale. I paid about $40 for my first one. The second one I have has never been used. I bought it because I really liked my first one, and they had a sale where I got the second one for $20. So, I figured "why not have a spare?" at that price.

VirginVape10X

If you ordered a BCG between 4/20 and 4/25, have you received it? Trying to determine if mine has shipped before reaching out to Grinders For Life. Their website advises of a 4 week wait, so crossing my fingers I’ll get to play with it soon.

Shit Snacks

If you ordered a BCG between 4/20 and 4/25, have you received it? Trying to determine if mine has shipped before reaching out to Grinders For Life. Their website advises of a 4 week wait, so crossing my fingers I’ll get to play with it soon.

Last week they said mine should ship this week but it hasn't yet, I wouldn't worry about it, just try to put it out of your mind... BCG thread is on old FC

z0r

Hehe, I would never, ever suggest or support using a grinder made from PLA, but I wanted to print something and this grinder design was amusing and novel enough for me to try.

I tossed in a very tiny bud of dry cbd dominant flower, of course some plastic broke off. RIP!
20200607_130718.jpg
20200607_130817.jpg
20200607_130832.jpg

edit: oh man, resizing images is super easy

Last edited:

Zoltani

Finally got the BCG from my 420 order. It's a nice grinder, smooth, I like the lack of threads. Is it worth the price? That's up to you. It's a little frivolous, and a cheaper grinder can get you the same end results. For me I think it's worth it, it will last a long long time. If you've got the cash why not.

Shit Snacks

Finally got the BCG from my 420 order. It's a nice grinder, smooth, I like the lack of threads. Is it worth the price? That's up to you. It's a little frivolous, and a cheaper grinder can get you the same end results. For me I think it's worth it, it will last a long long time. If you've got the cash why not.

Nice! Again even more than the new threads, and the high quality colorful aluminum, the real selling point of the BCG is the side teeth that prevent it from ever locking up... I've never seen another grinder with that feature anywhere else, and that alone is well worth the price of admission imo

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
It's time to try out another grinder and I think I'm going to give the BCG a go. Looking at the different grinding plates, I know for sure that I want the medium and course. Purchasing the "kit" saves you $10 on the 3rd plate. My question to those who own it, when do you use the find grind plate?

Shit Snacks

It's time to try out another grinder and I think I'm going to give the BCG a go. Looking at the different grinding plates, I know for sure that I want the medium and course. Purchasing the "kit" saves you $10 on the 3rd plate. My question to those who own it, when do you use the find grind plate?

I only have fine plate, it is not super fine, unless you are grinding upside down, nice consistent medium fine grind otherwise... I have my second BCG with medium plate coming soon so we shall see how they compare... I imagine it will be better for a nice consistent medium coarse grind, which is exactly what I need! Meanwhile I always felt like I'd have no use for the course plate, but maybe I would now?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I never regretted paying good money for my BCG.

When I got it, I had a hard time acquiring isopropyl alcohol – usually I would soak my grinder in iso about once a week, just because I hate any kind of sqeakiness, crunchiness or non-smoothness. The BCG will gunk up over time just like (almost) any other grinder, but the cool thing is that it doesn't really matter. Its layout and indeed probably the side teeth design @Shit Snacks mentioned allow supersmooth twisting each time and prevent parts from getting stuck. I did my first proper cleaning after about two months of daily usage and even then I did not have the feeling that I had to *at all*.

Also really love the grind consistency. Sometimes the result looks and behaves more like fluffy cream than ripped flower.

For those of you who prefer the grinder to look clean even when it's gunked up, I recommend the onyx (black) anodization, it makes resinous residues almost invisible.

Zoltani

Yeah, no regrets here. It's a joy to use compared to the cheap one I have that came with puff it up order 7 years ago.

The medium is pretty fluffy, but turning upside down can give you a fine grind if needed. Still trying to settle on the right consistency for the flowerpot.

Top Bottom