Herb Grinders

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I always break my nugs up into smaller nugs by ripping chunks off the stem and removing as much stems as possible.
I hate having to do that, one reason I like big grinders.:tup:
My 88mm SpaceCase is good at swallowing big loads,

img_20190523_155345-jpg.9418

img_20190503_162046-jpg.9026

AcidFlashbang

I hate having to do that, one reason I like big grinders.:tup:
My 88mm SpaceCase is good at swallowing big loads,

img_20190523_155345-jpg.9418

img_20190503_162046-jpg.9026
Damn Ive never seen bud that hairy. I dont really *have* to do it I just like to remove stems when I can, saves me work when I make avb edibles because I just grind up the avb into powder and put it straight into the mix.

dotcodotuk

What would be the best way to clean my SCS? Rinse it in a ziploc with some IPA inside? Should I use a soft toothbrush or something to clean the threads?

dotcodotuk,

SquirrelMaster

Same here, English is not even my main language. :-)
No excuses here for me. I am very envious of those who can speak more then one language.

I've been getting GAS (grinder acquisition syndrome) the last week. Temped to pick up a SCS 3 piece in Rasta, luckily no one around town has stock. They're ¼ turn to open are they not?

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Siebter

dotcodotuk

Oops! Always thought ISO was aligned with standardisation!

Well, if anyone wants to recommend me a beer to go with my cleaning, I’m open to suggestions... :D

Normally a PBR drinker, but don’t mind a Sierra Nevada (fight me) or similar, but nothing too hoppy please!

sag

What would be the best way to clean my SCS? Rinse it in a ziploc with some IPA inside? Should I use a soft toothbrush or something to clean the threads?
I use everclear grain alcohol and a toothbrush. It seems to work for me. I find it doesn't need cleaning often...Cheers!

warren0728

I've been getting GAS (grinder acquisition syndrome) the last week. Temped to pick up a SCS 3 piece in Rasta, luckily no one around town has stock. They're ¼ turn to open are they not?
i have a medium santa cruz shredder 3 piece and it is definitely NOT 1/4 turn to open ... mine is a couple years old but i don't think they've changed the threading ...

SquirrelMaster

i have a medium santa cruz shredder 3 piece and it is definitely NOT 1/4 turn to open ... mine is a couple years old but i don't think they've changed the threading ...

How many degrees of turning would you guess it takes to open?

Hey @Lift Innovations is a deeper dish for your 3 piece grinder in the foreseeable future? I really want one of your grinders and that's the only box left to check.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Is there a grinder for people who don't use grinders?

I just kind of pick apart all my weed with my hands (ever since teenage years when I couldn't get my hands on a grinder). I'm sure a grinder is faster, but it seems like if I go cheap, they'll shred the herbs and waste kief (which I don't want) or the ones that don't cost a fortune (which I don't have). Honestly, I didn't even think about a grinder as "necessary" until I found all these grinder threads.

Is there a good grinder for someone like me? Is this just a case of, "You think you don't need a grinder because you've never used one"? I saw the ZAM, which is like because of how small it is, but I'm so out of the loop that I'm probably missing way more out there.

SquirrelMaster

I just kind of pick apart all my weed with my hands (ever since teenage years when I couldn't get my hands on a grinder). I'm sure a grinder is faster, but it seems like if I go cheap, they'll shred the herbs and waste kief (which I don't want) or the ones that don't cost a fortune (which I don't have). Honestly, I didn't even think about a grinder as "necessary" until I found all these grinder threads.

Is there a good grinder for someone like me? Is this just a case of, "You think you don't need a grinder because you've never used one"? I saw the ZAM, which is like because of how small it is, but I'm so out of the loop that I'm probably missing way more out there.

If you don't want to save Kief for later go for a 3 piece or a 2 piece. There is a 2 piece hemp Santa Cruz Shredder that may be up your alley or buy a cheap 4 piece and tear out the screen or take that section out.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: LesPlenty

rnartian

If you don't want to save Kief for later go for a 3 piece or a 2 piece. There is a 2 piece hemp Santa Cruz Shredder that may be up your alley or buy a cheap 4 piece and tear out the screen or take that section out.
Cheer, mate. Didn't even know there was a hemp version. Do you (or anyone else) have any experience with this and can tell me how the grind is?

rnartian,

MAbud

maybe just some little scissors or sheers would work for you?

rnartian

I actually think the best deal out there is a 3pc SCS from puffitup (with PUFFEDUP code). Very good grinder, true three pc and under 50 bux. The hemp version is a 2pc which rules it out for me.
Thank you! What's the difference between a 2 piece and 3 piece?

maybe just some little scissors or sheers would work for you?
I was thinking that, but everyone talks so highly about these grinders that I figured I must be missing something :lol:

i agree ... my medium 3pc santa cruz shredder works great and puffitup is a great store to order it from ... a good bunch of folks ...
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll add that to my list, then, and probably check it out next month. I'd love to have a portable grinder and an at home one.

rnartian,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Thank you! What's the difference between a 2 piece and 3 piece?
2 pc has no herb collection chamber and they must be dumped into/onto something else unless you straw load around the teeth. Finally, the number of turns can effect the final grind as the herb has no place to go. I feel the 3 pc is ideal because it doesn't over-grind (herb falls through holes) and doesn't separate kief like a 4 pc grinder does (I've got other ways to collect kief).

ATLelbow

i agree ... my medium 3pc santa cruz shredder works great and puffitup is a great store to order it from ... a good bunch of folks ...
I have 3 santa cruz shredders one fron 2014 and two more purchased recently. The older one has a screen with holes so small it made NO kief. They changed their design at some point as the newer models make great golden kief.
They fluff material perfectly and now make awesome kief.

Top Bottom