Hemp Flower

acolyte

Hello friends! I've been off THC for 4 weeks now, so I decided to try some hemp flowers. I've been having some focus issues at work, and am quitting THC to see if it will help (jury's still out).

I just got my order from Eight Horses Hemp, it was really delayed due to the storms. I bought a 5x eighths sampler pack for $34 including shipping.

For now, I just opened up the outdoor Hawaiian Haze, since I saw it mentioned in this thread. Tests at 18% CBDA. The buds are large, dark green, with some brown and lighter green mixed in. The buds are kinda dry, medium density for a sativa, with a classic haze smell.

I broke it up with my hands, and it was fairly sticky, but not as much as a good afghani. Just pleasantly sticky, yet dry and easy to break up. Kinda perfect for vaping imo.

I put a full load in my sticky brick runt, since I've read that CBD is needed in larger amounts than THC (typically I dose small in my vapcap). I'm feeling some energy, I feel more upbeat, almost a little rushy. I also feel some very very light pressure on my face.

It vaped well, not very flavorful vapor, but no harshness at all through my sticky brick bubbler despite not vaping for 4 weeks.

Overall I think this is a big win, I've missed the ritual and relaxation of vaping without my normal herbs. I would recommend this vendor, the quality seems pretty good, and the price is really low in my opinion. I prefer outdoor organic-grown stuff, no indoor for me, though they do also offer indoor at a higher price.

The effects are subtle but there.

tokenknifeguy

THCa hemp is where it is at folks. Its legal in the 50 states, as long as the delta 9 thc is less than 0.3% by dry weight. So yes that means you can buy delta 9 edibles as well, legal in the 50 states. This forum is lacking on this knowledge and prices for hemp is usually much cheaper than medical or rec, depending on the state you live in. For example, hemp is much cheaper than IL weed, and none of that bullshit taxes on top of high prices.

jbm

For example, hemp is much cheaper than IL weed, and none of that bullshit taxes on top of high prices.
Not true everywhere, actually; some of the vendors like Arete, WNC, and Wildflower are charging about the same amount for an eighth (admittedly pre-taxes) as some dispensary weed in MA, even more in some cases. Hoku has the most consistently low prices I've seen for type 1, 2, and 3 hemp.

jbm,

hinglemccringleberry

This forum is lacking on this knowledge
No.
I just finished off a stash of THCA hemp that had 12% THCA, "Bordeaux" from WNC. It was alright, but not my favorite. This particular batch was overcured and the flavor kind of sucked.
I know about the farm bill loophole that enabled me to legally purchase type 2 hemp that was within 0.3 of delta 9, but had much, much higher THCA than 0.3. I'm not sure what happened to that loophole as of 2023, though. I haven't kept up on it.
Doesn't matter to me now that my city finally has legal rec and our very first dispensaries as of 2022.
I still prefer blending type 3 hemp and marijuana together, I'll take that over THCA hemp. Better flavors, more variety.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

tokenknifeguy

Not true everywhere, actually; some of the vendors like Arete, WNC, and Wildflower are charging about the same amount for an eighth (admittedly pre-taxes) as some dispensary weed in MA, even more in some cases. Hoku has the most consistently low prices I've seen for type 1, 2, and 3 hemp.
I bought some from IL and you could pay $65 an 1/8 of top shelf which comes out to being over $70 with all the taxes. A lot of the strains I was looking at were easily $50+ an 1/8. Sure there was definitely deals on some stuff but even then the $45 an 1/8 from WNC is still cheaper when you add in the taxes or lack there of for the hemp. But much better options to WNC imo, like the Dr Ganja and Upstate for example.

tokenknifeguy,

jbm

I bought some from IL and you could pay $65 an 1/8 of top shelf which comes out to being over $70 with all the taxes. A lot of the strains I was looking at were easily $50+ an 1/8. Sure there was definitely deals on some stuff but even then the $45 an 1/8 from WNC is still cheaper when you add in the taxes or lack there of for the hemp. But much better options to WNC imo, like the Dr Ganja and Upstate for example.
That makes sense then. I’m seeing 25 eighths in some MA dispensaries. Even after tax that’s 30.

jbm,

tokenknifeguy

That makes sense then. I’m seeing 25 eighths in some MA dispensaries. Even after tax that’s 30.
Some sites are having $99/oz on thca hemp. They sell out quick. They even have thca crumble for $50 an 1/8, which is a hella good deal.

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: Unibonger

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Is THCa hemp synonymous with Delta8 hemp? My favorite hemp supplier, Cascadia Blooms, is now selling D8 strains and I’m curious to try them. I’ve mainly switched to vaping CBD, or two bowls of CBD for every bowl of THC flower, in order to minimize the effects of feeling high while still getting pain relief and either added focus/energy or relaxation depending on the strain.

It seems like Delta8 hemp might be the best of both worlds? It would save me money buying half ounces from Cascadia versus the cost of buying 2:1 or 3:1 CBD strains from local dispensaries. And if I’m able to vape D8 and not feel so high, it would mean I can use it throughout my day and not have my functioning impaired.

Okay, I see that THCa and D8 are not the same, THCa is the acidic form of THC and requires applied heat to convert it to activated THC. Delta-8 is already activated THC that produces a lower intensity high than Delta-9 THC.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Also all “D8” flower is CBD flower that’s been sprayed with delta-8 distillate.
Ah okay, that’s not as attractive. Might just stick with regular hemp for the day to day and get some 2:1 strains to add THC into the mix.

Monk Debate,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I bought an Oz of Delta-8 flower a year ago, when I was still living in Texas , so wanted to experiment with something legal when my hookup was arrested and out of commission for a few weeks.

I stopped vaporizing it after I cleaned the bowl I'd been vaping through. The screen had gotten plugged up rather quicker than normal. But, when I went to clean it, it was covered with a black sludge that I couldn't really get off, even after an iso soak for two or three days. That weirded me out...but I tried using it again with a new screen till the screen plugged up again, and it turned out the same when I went to clean it again.

I never vaped that flower again after that, worried about whatever that residue was. In fact, I still have like 3/4 of an oz of that flower in my cabinet, because I wanted to eventually to try edibles made from it (and I still might), but it scared me too much to want to inhale it again.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I bought an Oz of Delta-8 flower a year ago, when I was still living in Texas , so wanted to experiment with something legal when my hookup was arrested and out of commission for a few weeks.

I stopped vaporizing it after I cleaned the bowl I'd been vaping through. The screen had gotten plugged up rather quicker than normal. But, when I went to clean it, it was covered with a black sludge that I couldn't really get off, even after an iso soak for two or three days. That weirded me out...but I tried using it again with a new screen till the screen plugged up again, and it turned out the same when I went to clean it again.

I never vaped that flower again after that, worried about whatever that residue was. In fact, I still have like 3/4 of an oz of that flower in my cabinet, because I wanted to eventually to try edibles made from it (and I still might), but it scared me too much to want to inhale it again.

^ That flower was Goliath D8 infused w/Green Crack, ordered from Apical Greens (the strain is Goliath 24.34% CBD Hemp Flower, infused with 5% delta-8 and 2.5% Green Crack terpenes).

Ramahs,

tokenknifeguy

Is THCa hemp synonymous with Delta8 hemp? My favorite hemp supplier, Cascadia Blooms, is now selling D8 strains and I’m curious to try them. I’ve mainly switched to vaping CBD, or two bowls of CBD for every bowl of THC flower, in order to minimize the effects of feeling high while still getting pain relief and either added focus/energy or relaxation depending on the strain.

It seems like Delta8 hemp might be the best of both worlds? It would save me money buying half ounces from Cascadia versus the cost of buying 2:1 or 3:1 CBD strains from local dispensaries. And if I’m able to vape D8 and not feel so high, it would mean I can use it throughout my day and not have my functioning impaired.

Okay, I see that THCa and D8 are not the same, THCa is the acidic form of THC and requires applied heat to convert it to activated THC. Delta-8 is already activated THC that produces a lower intensity high than Delta-9 THC.
THCa hemp is synonymous with thc. THCa turns into THC through heat/light/time (decarb). Most people decarbs the THCa with a lighter, or with this sub, with a torch or battery/electrical device.

Delta 8 is found naturally in weed and hemp, but in very very small amounts. D8 hemp is where they spray come cbd/cbg/non thca with delta 8 distillate or some spray formula on the flower. The problem with D8 and most extracts is the solvent used and how much is left as residue.

Ah okay, that’s not as attractive. Might just stick with regular hemp for the day to day and get some 2:1 strains to add THC into the mix.

You know you can get thca hemp with various degrees of cbd already within the plant. High thca and cbd strains are called 'type 2'. Several vendors have some ranging from 2-10% thca and 5-20% cbd. "type 1" strains are those with high thca levels. "type 3" are strains with very low thca (usually less than 1%thca), that most consider not to get you high.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
THCa hemp is synonymous with thc. THCa turns into THC through heat/light/time (decarb). Most people decarbs the THCa with a lighter, or with this sub, with a torch or battery/electrical device.

Delta 8 is found naturally in weed and hemp, but in very very small amounts. D8 hemp is where they spray come cbd/cbg/non thca with delta 8 distillate or some spray formula on the flower. The problem with D8 and most extracts is the solvent used and how much is left as residue.

You know you can get thca hemp with various degrees of cbd already within the plant. High thca and cbd strains are called 'type 2'. Several vendors have some ranging from 2-10% thca and 5-20% cbd. "type 1" strains are those with high thca levels. "type 3" are strains with very low thca (usually less than 1%thca), that most consider not to get you high.
I did not know that, thank you for the info! Are there any vendors for type 2 THCa flower you especially recommend?

Monk Debate,

tokenknifeguy

I did not know that, thank you for the info! Are there any vendors for type 2 THCa flower you especially recommend?
I'm not real big into type 2 or 3, but I still buy them. Flow Gardens has high quality but price matches it. Also they don't really post any COAs unless they say it in the description that it is a thca heavy plant, then it could be a crap shoot. Flow mostly sells type 3's with a handful of type 2s. You can email them and ask for which type 2s they have for sale and they will tell you the strains. I've had the Eraser V from them and it was really good, prob around 10% thca.

Pinte

From what I've seen all the legal dispensaries in IL and MI are all selling thca. All around 15-30% thca. In the non-legal states next door, it's the same thing but without the tax markups. I've got some amazing GSC with 25.751%, some of the best I've had.

It's all good right now, imo.

Pinte,

tokenknifeguy

From what I've seen all the legal dispensaries in IL and MI are all selling thca. All around 15-30% thca. In the non-legal states next door, it's the same thing but without the tax markups. I've got some amazing GSC with 25.751%, some of the best I've had.

It's all good right now, imo.
All the weed you get is mostly thca. There is a reason why people say that you won't get high if you eat weed, its because it is 95-99% all thca. Black market weed, medical weed, rec weed are all the same as thca hemp. Only difference is the 0.3% delta 9 thc amount, but even rec/medical weed will only test at 1% d9 thc or so. I've bought rec weed where the sticker showed less than 0.3% d9 thc and 27% thca. That is straight up hemp by federal definition, but being sold at weed prices. I got a ton of thca hemp that can compete with any from the dispensaries.

tokenknifeguy,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I'm not real big into type 2 or 3, but I still buy them. Flow Gardens has high quality but price matches it. Also they don't really post any COAs unless they say it in the description that it is a thca heavy plant, then it could be a crap shoot. Flow mostly sells type 3's with a handful of type 2s. You can email them and ask for which type 2s they have for sale and they will tell you the strains. I've had the Eraser V from them and it was really good, prob around 10% thca.
I have some Flow Gardens coming today, looking forward to trying it out!

Monk Debate,

tokenknifeguy

I have some Flow Gardens coming today, looking forward to trying it out!
Let us know how it turns out. I hear the B.O.B. at flow is something special. I was going to try and check it out but was sold out. I've gotten the Eraser V before and it was pretty good, even found a few seeds in it. Maybe one day when growing is legal here, I'll try them out. What strains you get?

tokenknifeguy,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Let us know how it turns out. I hear the B.O.B. at flow is something special. I was going to try and check it out but was sold out. I've gotten the Eraser V before and it was pretty good, even found a few seeds in it. Maybe one day when growing is legal here, I'll try them out. What strains you get?
I ordered 3.5 grams of Tennessee Moonshine, a hybrid type 2. If that is type 2, I'm not sure I could handle type 3! That thing blasted me off to space. Incredibly dank, the smell filled the room the moment I opened the vacuum seal. Taste is pretty gassy, hoping that gives way to some other flavors as it sits in the container I transferred it to.

They also sent me a complementary 3.5g of another strain, Alien something or other (I have the cap with the strain name but it's not in front of me). An Indica. This is either type 1 or just a standard CBD or CBG hemp strain as it gave me no significant high, but had better taste than the Moonshine. I haven't noticed any seeds in either.

So far I'm very pleased with what I've gotten from them and would order again.

Monk Debate,

tokenknifeguy

Monk, type 1 is full blown class cannabis that is high thca and gets you blitzed. Type 2 is a mix of thca and cbd. Type 3 flower is just very very low thca and very high cbd. Type 3 will not get you high like traditional weed.

So the sample they sent you was a type 3, most likely. Glad to see you enjoyed your order.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Really glad I found this thread.

So I am in a non legal state, surrounded by legal states to varying degree.

What I get from "the street" is very meh when I look for prices comparable to say, Michigan.

Recently discovered I have a thca and cbd dispensary not to far from me. Gave it a try, and I gotta say, it was better than what I normally get from the, shall we say, traditional source. Problem was I paid as much for a quarter as I would for a half of the street flower.

Well, I just ordered an Oz of runtz from arete. Really looking forward to it as it was only 10 more than I normally pay for a half oz.

Has anyone else bought from them?

jespar45

I just got 1/2 oz of Gorilla Glue and 1/2 oz of Chocolate Kush and I was blown away by the quality of bud. Not to mention the Ck got me blitz!

jespar45,
Reactions: Bologna
Top Bottom