Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait for the SOV

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Give example)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

korupt

First some pretext.

I have trouble sleeping and I've had it for a lot of years. My favorite way to go to bed (hence size-limit) is to smoke until my whole world is spinning and I'm close to a bad trip. This is what I want to achieve often or every time. To achieve this I need to take BIG hits, to take big hits I need a smooth scientific bong. These are the ones I'm considering and reason to why.

1) Dirty Rico Glass - Mini 8 to 12 Arm Apocoline Tube
* Only read good things about this and I've seen a lot of people recommend it over the 2xMatrix. Might not be as smooth as the matrix but seems to be more a general bong than just a flower bong.
2) Mobius 60 mm Stemless Bubbler with Stereo Matrix
* Seems to have the best diffusion of the ones listed but I've heard that it can be a bit airy (which makes it harder to take huge hits?). This one is a strong candidate as its supposed to be the smoothest here.
3) SYN Glass - Micro Thunderdome Tube - Rasta
* I have no info on this one, but it seems to be performing good. Smallest of the pieces.
X) Sovereignty - 60 mm G-Line to Imperial Perc
* SOV has been good pretty much all the way through, but I have no clue on how smooth this is. Another problem with SOV is that they rarely are available.

Right now I'm using my Bent Apache as my bed piece, only reason to why I'm getting rid of it is cause I would like a slightly more solid piece as my daily driver. I generally smoke hash and maybe like 10% of the time I got some concentrates. Apixdesign is not a option as I can't buy from him.

Any ideas or opinions are appreciated.

Best regards
K

korupt,

redglassgallery

JHANPIXEL
Glass Blower
if you want a big hit ( more volume ) i would go w/ a large (75mm or bigger) can w/ a short bent mouthpiece w/ some type of disc filter to keep things smooth maybe a frit/honeycomb/lattice not sure if you are using flower/oil/vape so the fitting would depend on your preference

redglassgallery,

SD_haze

X) Sovereignty - 60 mm G-Line to Imperial Perc
* SOV has been good pretty much all the way through, but I have no clue on how smooth this is. Another problem with SOV is that they rarely are available.

Best regards
K

My god, that is some serious diffusion!

That being said, when it comes to the $300-500 price range, I'd never be able to narrow it down on function alone. The fancy percs from mobius, sov, syn, and DR are all pushing the boundaries of diffusion. Unless you wind up with a shipped mobius that suffered poor QC, you really can't go wrong. :2c:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I own many pieces and and own a DR - large one. I have tried the other two also. I agree with "you can't go wrong" POV. Pick the right price point, availability and the one that emotionally grabs you. These are all production pipes so you can find them many places so price can drive it some...

turdhole

vagabond
i just tried a mobius stereo matrix tube (60) not impressed at all. not a lot of drag but just doesnt do it for me, i was expecting something....better i guess

etched logos looked nice but there were a tons of scratches and nicks and it was brand new from ALT

turdhole,

sixtysix

I love my Mobius 60T, I've had it for about a month and find it to be a perfect daily driver. Would love the SOV though, but as you noted availability is tough.

sixtysix,

Mud

If you ordered a brand new mobius from ALT and got one with scratches and nicks, I would be requesting a refund, that isn't normal.

Mud,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
@korupt let me start off with a warm welcome to FC! I see your a combuster, a common trait/(mistake?) among the elders. Have you tried or own/use any vaporizers? I can't help you decide without that background information. That being said if your just looking to combust I say get whatever bc IMHO it all tastes sub standard and you can stack large pieces almost effortlessly. At one time I loved the larger pieces with multiple percs and still have a decent sized bong and DI bubbler, nowadays though, it's my pnwt, 12 arm tree ac / jhook combo, the infamous pd bub, or the Ali ex hc bub that I'm reaching for more often than not...

turdhole

vagabond
If you ordered a brand new mobius from ALT and got one with scratches and nicks, I would be requesting a refund, that isn't normal.

i didnt buy it and the person bought it went in the store. the purchaser said he's putting stickers on it anyway so i dont think he cares about the little scratches (price/money isnt even a concern in this)

also....i dont like the mouthpiece on the mobius. it feels almost sharp, prefered the rolled edge

turdhole,

turdhole

vagabond
Stickers on a möbius??? To most that is blasphemy! Some might call that Baller, I think maybe just plain stupid!

like i said, money is not an issue. he didnt even bother asking the price and didnt care that a sale was coming up.

turdhole,

Mud

Well hey, it's his money :] Just sayin, I would have shit a brick if I bought a piece as new and it turned out scratched and nicked. And I will agree the mouthpiece of the mobius is a little sharper than others. I actually prefer the fat double maria style that Mothership uses the best, but I still love my Mobius,' the diffferent mouthpieces dont bother me at all. The only types of mouthpiece I really dislike are the super wide bore ones, like in OG sovreignty straight tubes and beakers. also some old Toro's and RooR's.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
he has one post and hasn't replied back, lol. is thread dead? if not can reply.
have multiple DR pieces, Mobius and SYN as well

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

SalamiCity

i just tried a mobius stereo matrix tube (60) not impressed at all. not a lot of drag but just doesnt do it for me, i was expecting something....better i guess

etched logos looked nice but there were a tons of scratches and nicks and it was brand new from ALT

Aqua Lab is known for sending out used/scratched pieces.

It's amazing these clowns are still in business. I got a HVY toob from them and it was completely jank. I asked a bunch of questions in their CS before purchase and I got the first dude close the chat on me, and the second dude goes "It's a 50$ bong bro."

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?

First off Idc if I was buying a 1$ sticker, that isn't how you conduct business.

Second, bong...? wuuut?

turdhole

vagabond
Well hey, it's his money :] Just sayin, I would have shit a brick if I bought a piece as new and it turned out scratched and nicked. And I will agree the mouthpiece of the mobius is a little sharper than others. I actually prefer the fat double maria style that Mothership uses the best, but I still love my Mobius,' the diffferent mouthpieces dont bother me at all. The only types of mouthpiece I really dislike are the super wide bore ones, like in OG sovreignty straight tubes and beakers. also some old Toro's and RooR's.

the mouthpiece isnt that bad but definitely felt different. the mouthpieces i dont really like the ones with the big like breast pump looking flange mouthpiece. i have a zob wubbler with a mouthpiece like that, dont care for it.

turdhole,
Reactions: SD_haze

420GanjX

I think they're all great peices but would like to add to the discussion the issue of blowback pressure from bongs.

I recently bought a stemless bubbler & when I finish clearing it the negative pressure from the water 'dropping' back into the 'stem'/90 degree joint will sometimes shoot out the herb in my bowl, if i dont remove the tube/attachment . I didnt notice this problem as much with my 45 degree beaker bong.

Do all bubblers with high diffusion that 'drop' the water back down do this (b/c it causes air to rush out)
or just moreso with stemless pieces?

420GanjX,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Sorry, I've never felt the need to spend that kind of $ on a bong. I'd probably buy another vape and a more reasonably priced piece of glass. I really don't care about the name.
Everyone's different, but I don't like over filtration. I want it smooth, but too diffused and you lose all the flavor. I don't need more than a 12" piece w/ my diminished lung capacity anyway.
For a measly $139, I have, and would recommend one of these:

http://smoketower.ca/store/HIGHEND-12-Clear-Inline-Rhino

I really like the inline filter. If you wanted more filtration, you could always add a percolating ashcatch. I really like the honeycomb diffusers as well - lots of action, but tiny bubbles.

Snake Plissken,

turdhole

vagabond
Sorry, I've never felt the need to spend that kind of $ on a bong. I'd probably buy another vape and a more reasonably priced piece of glass. I really don't care about the name.
Everyone's different, but I don't like over filtration. I want it smooth, but too diffused and you lose all the flavor. I don't need more than a 12" piece w/ my diminished lung capacity anyway.
For a measly $139, I have, and would recommend one of these:

http://smoketower.ca/store/HIGHEND-12-Clear-Inline-Rhino

I really like the inline filter. If you wanted more filtration, you could always add a percolating ashcatch. I really like the honeycomb diffusers as well - lots of action, but tiny bubbles.

i'm trying to get high so a vape is out of the picture. i know this is FC but vaping doesnt do shit for me. different strokes for different folks. i'd pass on that thing in the link, too small for flowers IMO. if i'm going stemline then i'm going with Apix, cant beat the quality and price

turdhole,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I am unsure how a 12" glass piece is too small for a 12" glass piece? Are you looking for 12" wide? The piece mentioned is an 18mm, the larger of the 2 options ever available w/ gong. Since 12" = 12", wouldn't the only real difference in between pieces be quality of glass, level of filtration, appearance and handling? The stem is a smaller circumference on this piece than most (tapered down), maybe that is what you mean? In reality, that bent neck adds overall length to the smoke/vapor path. Flower smoke does travel up the stem as readily as any other smoke as well. btw, the included bowl holds a 1/2 gram easily, do you typically drop larger hits than that? Feel free not to like that piece, but people might have trouble helping you find a piece if your requirements are incongruent.

It's kinda weird that mj going into your system doesn't have any effect on you if there isn't smoke involved. Is it the carcinogens that get you higher? My thirst is equally quenched whether I drink out of a cup or a glass.

edit: ok, I just looked at the dr piece you mentioned and was amazed at the similarities between that piece and the one I offered up. it just seems like a different version at a higher cost. Is it the higher cost that makes that piece a better choice? It does stand taller @ 13.5", but that is not what you asked for.

Last edited:
Snake Plissken,

turdhole

vagabond
I am unsure how a 12" glass piece is too small for a 12" glass piece? Are you looking for 12" wide? The piece mentioned is an 18mm, the larger of the 2 options ever available w/ gong. Since 12" = 12", wouldn't the only real difference in between pieces be quality of glass, level of filtration, appearance and handling? The stem is a smaller circumference on this piece than most (tapered down), maybe that is what you mean? In reality, that bent neck adds overall length to the smoke/vapor path. Flower smoke does travel up the stem as readily as any other smoke as well. btw, the included bowl holds a 1/2 gram easily, do you typically drop larger hits than that? Feel free not to like that piece, but people might have trouble helping you find a piece if your requirements are incongruent.

It's kinda weird that mj going into your system doesn't have any effect on you if there isn't smoke involved. Is it the carcinogens that get you higher? My thirst is equally quenched whether I drink out of a cup or a glass.

edit: ok, I just looked at the dr piece you mentioned and was amazed at the similarities between that piece and the one I offered up. it just seems like a different version at a higher cost. Is it the higher cost that makes that piece a better choice? It does stand taller @ 13.5", but that is not what you asked for.

A) i'm not the OP

B) vaporizing and edibles provide no recreational high for me, they dont do anything noticeable...so sorry "doctor" like i said "different strokes for different folks"

C) have a good day

turdhole,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Turd why all the negativity? I don't believe I've seen a post from you yet that has anything positive for us here at FC. In fact it seems like you want to combat and argue constantly. Im not saying go away, but have you checked out GC forums? Seems like your style to me...

turdhole

vagabond
Turd why all the negativity? I don't believe I've seen a post from you yet that has anything positive for us here at FC. In fact it seems like you want to combat and argue constantly. Im not saying go away, but have you checked out GC forums? Seems like your style to me...

it's all good. it's just the internet

Last edited:
turdhole,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I did confuse th w/ the op, sorry. Still, complaining that a 12" piece is too small when the op was specifically inquiring about that sized piece does seem counterproductive.

Still have absolutely no idea what was meant by 'too small for flowers'. I've successfully used pinch hitters. I can also put my 1 gram gong bowl on an 8" or a 4 footer. Wanting to 'drop' as long a tube as possible at once I can understand, but has nothing to do w/ substrate.

Snake Plissken,
Reactions: 2 Paces

turdhole

vagabond
of course it's not too small to use. for me personally i'd like a bigger piece for my daily driver. that piece looks like you'd be pulling the smoke into your lungs before half the bowl was burned, that is all. no biggie

turdhole,
Top Bottom