Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
But now. I wanna. Wanna order WPA + Bubbler.
I won't be sorry?

You would not be sorry. :tup:

On the topic of grinding; I do use my space case grinder every now and then, but usually I break a small chunk off a nug and just start mincing it with my fingernails until it breaks apart. Maybe not the best way, but I tend to be lazy.

BTW, I recently picked up a bent stem and love the ease of use. The mp will always be the best for complete stealth.

C No Ego

More good points, which I agree with (or I wouldn't think they were good???). I've used the 'hit it a bit then grind it' technique, it has it's strong points.

Mostly, like you it seems, I'm driven by wanting to control the potency of the load. I want to have the same THC per load, like you?

The 'gumming up the grinder' problem is usually with damp (not well cured) herb. I find if I put it in an open jar on top of my router (warm there) for bit it will fix the 'sloppy grind' problem if I have one. FWIW I also am a fan of shredders as opposed to grinders. I'll take a more random size (within limits) in exchange for not crushing/cutting the herb. A personal call, of course.

Regards to all.

OF
yeah, actually this is Kief city herb.. it is all the trichs getting past the edge of the grinder and sticking in that smallest of places where the grinder starts sticking Uhgg,,,, I need to soak it in iso to get back to normal parameters ... santa cruz shredder too , I like those shredders best as well ... peace

Except for the discreteness need when out in public, which is pretty much the only time I use my Fury 2. The glass wpa mouthpiece looks a lot more like "drugs" to the nosey "call the cops" types, when I'm out and about.
I just hold my hand over the entire vape with the tip of the wpa sticking out.... looks like an e-cig... closer scrutiny would not hold up though and people would think insta crack

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
looks like an e-cig... closer scrutiny would not hold up though and people would think insta crack

Yeah...and I try to not take any more risk than I have to, as I live in an unfriendly state, and I already lost years to past possession charges. They would only hit me harder if it happened again. So, I try to exercise reasonable caution when out in public.

C No Ego

Yeah...and I try to not take any more risk than I have to, as I live in an unfriendly state, and I already lost years to past possession charges. They would only hit me harder if it happened again. So, I try to exercise reasonable caution when out in public.
one day we can carry our fury2 With Pride and Vape wherever Fury2 takes you

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Indeed my friend!

I'm happy for you. Unfortunately I'm not in that situation yet.
Hopefully soon for you and everyone. I wasn’t gloating and merely stating Grassachusetts went legal a couple of years ago and rec sales just started in November. The state largely decriminalized possession several years ago.

I agree the Fury/2 glass out in public is a bit suspicious and may attract attention. The native MP is less so and looks like an inhaler. Plus its size in my hand helps hide it if I do choose when out in public. All good.

Good day to all. :peace:

C No Ego

Still reeling on this one but vaped some Clove Bud in the Fury the other night @ about 320 F and up from there.... those tastes and flavors just wow man. had some white sage mixed in with less than stellar weed and was nice too... I'll add a tiny bit of fresh ground pepper into a mix as well but at small amounts with mixed results... quite the flavor treat on vapes . Go Vapes!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Used the WPA for the first time during the week, sans water, and just dry and got a couple great draws - and nicely medicated. My grind however is a bit too fine and tends to fall out if I lift it out of the chamber between pulls. It’s a learning curve but a short one since it’s my first glass (not counting bong days of the glory combustion days).

And it’s indeed great to have two Furies! You can’t really top that.

TGIF to all. :peace:

hinglemccringleberry

Uh oh.
2vjepsz.jpg

JetTheNerd

Any one with a bubbler 2.0 have any advice on cleaning it? :hmm: I've only used mine once or twice but I'm afraid to use it much more because I'm not really sure how to clean the inner chamber very well.

Also, any advice on getting it completely dry inside too? I'm afraid if I store it, it's going to get moldy or something. :peace:

OF

Any one with a bubbler 2.0 have any advice on cleaning it? :hmm:

Also, any advice on getting it completely dry inside too? I'm afraid if I store it, it's going to get moldy or something. :peace:

I use the dishwasher for such things. I have a funnel with a bit of tube that I either use a hook to hang from the upper rack, or more usually for small units like this just put in the silverware tray (funnel up, of course). 20 minutes of hot detergent flushing through it (followed by the rinse cycle) does a great job with almost no effort. Before that I'd use a small jar with hot water and PBW (great stuff):
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

Much better detergent than normal dishwasher detergent, designed to wash Brewery gear fouled with the same sort of muck we deal with from places that can't be accessed. Coors paid for it, home brewers love it. Home brew shops carry it, as does Amazon. If you do the jar idea, you need to shake (gently)/invert it several times to flush new wash through (don't fill the jar completely). Rinsing under running water is easy.

I don't worry about drying, if it's clean it won't grow science projects. I just blow as much water out as I can past the traps, load up and go. Otherwise, if you insist, you need to evaporate out what you can't shake/blow out. I just checked mine, it's been a couple weeks since I used it, iit's dry inside.

OF

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I spent a whole lotta time trying to clean my bubbler v1 at first. I tended to go with the iso bath which got messy. In the end, I found that running hot water though my glass pieces generally melts and flushes away all rosiny deposits and bits of herb. The dishwasher probably does the same, if not better with the ability to heat water to sterilize temps. I still run a squirt of iso through my bubblers to make sure they are disinfected.

I just took one of those fat mouthpieces from the original vapcaps and stuck it on the end of my F2 bent stem, then jammed it in my bubbler. Wee-hoo. :science:

OF

In the end, I found that running hot water though my glass pieces generally melts and flushes away all rosiny deposits and bits of herb.

I've tried that, and if your fingers don't melt or you drop it in the sink, it can be fast and easy. More so if you do it regularly (don't let it get too nasty before cleaning). Especially if you're not after 100% clean (which makes no real sense to me since it's going to foul with the next hit?).

Detergents are a big plus due to 'surfactants'. These chemicals lower the 'surface tension' that holds the trash to the glass (or the 'dirt' on your hair, shampoo is another example of this). This kills that 'oil and water don't mix' issue so the wash water not only loosens deposits, but makes them more attractive to the wash as they are made less attractive to the surface they're stuck to. Different from soaps which bond with water on one end and grease and other stuff on the other end of the molecule. Detergents, generally, aren't 'used up' in the process of floating junk away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfactant

Add to that the 'Oxyclean' effect in specialized detergents like PBW and you can watch tiny streams of bubbles 'attack' deposits, get under them, and float them clear. Fun to watch. You can revive that nasty bong from your blazing days this way. Bring some over to a friend who has such a bong hidden away and watch them watch in amazement and delight.

PBW is so cool/effective it has a huge thread all it's own (half the size of this one):

It also contains buffers and chelants so it works well in hard, acidic or alkaline waters. Handy to have if you need them with your tap water? FWIW, they too can be 'used up' if there's not enough present.

Clean it any way that suits you, I just suggest you try detergents. Solvents, like ISO are IMO a bad plan. They have fire risks you don't need to take, higher cost, disposal issues (you weren't going to pour it down the drain, right?) and can never get your glass 100% clean (without a LOT of rinsing) since they always have a trace amount of stuff in the final rinse that will deposit again when the solvent evaporates away.

Regards to all.

OF

shredder

I've tried that, and if your fingers don't melt or you drop it in the sink, it can be fast and easy. More so if you do it regularly (don't let it get too nasty before cleaning). Especially if you're not after 100% clean (which makes no real sense to me since it's going to foul with the next hit?).

Detergents are a big plus due to 'surfactants'. These chemicals lower the 'surface tension' that holds the trash to the glass (or the 'dirt' on your hair, shampoo is another example of this). This kills that 'oil and water don't mix' issue so the wash water not only loosens deposits, but makes them more attractive to the wash as they are made less attractive to the surface they're stuck to. Different from soaps which bond with water on one end and grease and other stuff on the other end of the molecule. Detergents, generally, aren't 'used up' in the process of floating junk away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfactant

Add to that the 'Oxyclean' effect in specialized detergents like PBW and you can watch tiny streams of bubbles 'attack' deposits, get under them, and float them clear. Fun to watch. You can revive that nasty bong from your blazing days this way. Bring some over to a friend who has such a bong hidden away and watch them watch in amazement and delight.

PBW is so cool/effective it has a huge thread all it's own (half the size of this one):

It also contains buffers and chelants so it works well in hard, acidic or alkaline waters. Handy to have if you need them with your tap water? FWIW, they too can be 'used up' if there's not enough present.

Clean it any way that suits you, I just suggest you try detergents. Solvents, like ISO are IMO a bad plan. They have fire risks you don't need to take, higher cost, disposal issues (you weren't going to pour it down the drain, right?) and can never get your glass 100% clean (without a LOT of rinsing) since they always have a trace amount of stuff in the final rinse that will deposit again when the solvent evaporates away.

Regards to all.

OF

All good info. I use it quite a bit and it works great.

But not on certain things. Two I know of are aluminum, and titanium. Pbw will etch them. I tried it once with mighty capsules and it turned them black. And I tossed them.

Like mentioned in glass it works great. Also works well in stainless steel, like a mighty's liquid pad, the stainless steel concentrate pad, but not the capsule. Just be sure to rinse the pads well, small bits need some flushing.

Haven't tried it on our f2 capsules yet, anyone? I'm not sure what grade of stainless the capsules are but I think pbw would work on them.

And while your handling your wet glass be careful, like @OF mentioned it works by being slippery. Just keep that in mind when handling glass.

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
99% ISO cleans almost everything and leaves no discernable deposits when evaporated, plus any resins will dissolve into the ISO and can be reclaimed after evaporation (I use a blower to "dry" everything after ISO cleaning).

Been cleaning cannabis tools this way since...hmm...1975 :myday:

hinglemccringleberry

99% ISO cleans almost everything and leaves no discernable deposits when evaporated, plus any resins will dissolve into the ISO and can be reclaimed after evaporation (I use a blower to "dry" everything after ISO cleaning).

Been cleaning cannabis tools this way since...hmm...1975 :myday:
Throw salt in with the iso and its iso on steroids.

OF

Throw salt in with the iso and its iso on steroids.

Indeed, but the advantage is mechanical not chemical (salt doesn't dissolve in ISO, only the water present, to no chemical effect). So better results come from coarser grinds. Kosher or even better rock salt.

Or uncooked rice, a personal favorite.

However, I still find PBW (or the dishwasher where my F2 MP is right now.....) easier, cheaper, safer (not a fire hazard) and more 'green' (how do you dispose of the waste wash.....down the drain?).

I too used to use ISO/salt, but having tried both, recommend detergents. IMO folks should at least try?

OF

shredder

I have a separate ISO / salt mix that I wash with every now and then( a lot of shaking going on) . for reclaim I just use iso to soak and clean and then save for evap reclaim.
As to Green @OF let it evap away and either reclaim or don't

I have a big, heavy 16 inch tall water pipe with two fritted disks. Fritted disks are glass fragments welded together, excellent for bubbles! But a be-otch to clean. Eventually it got so bad I doubted I'd ever get it clean. I used all the usual suspects on the bad stain, even soaking in ISO for weeks. But overnight in pbw dissolved in warm water worked like a charm. I still had to shake it a lot and keep flushing, but the pbw loosened the crud up for a fairly easy clean up, considering.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all, just wanted to drop by and let ya'll know that one of our awesome fellow ents commissioned me to produce this Fury Dosing Capsule Loading Tray based on another design I recently published, thought ya'll might be interested in it. This allows you to load 5 capsules at one time using the tamping tool to pack everything down before inserting the top caps.

I'd love to hear some feedback

I'm still using my OG Fury1 vape often for road trips, it's a great vape for the money!

Last edited by a moderator:

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Hey all, just wanted to drop by and let ya'll know that one of our awesome fellow ents commissioned me to produce this Fury Dosing Capsule Loading Tray based on another design I recently published, thought ya'll might be interested in it. This allows you to load 5 capsules at one time using the tamping tool to pack everything down before inserting the top caps.

I'd love to hear some feedback

I'm still using my OG Fury1 vape often for road trips, it's a great vape for the money!

That looks great, reminds me of the Haze Square loader. Any chance you could do the same thing for the Fury's big brother, the Fierce? It's capsules are quite a bit larger. I'd even commission such a thing.

Love your stuff! (I have your Haze can holders)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Any chance you could do the same thing for the Fury's big brother, the Fierce? It's capsules are quite a bit larger. I'd even commission such a thing.

I'm hoping to get to the Fierce in the near future. Although if you or someone else have a few spare capsules to loan me for testing, I could certainly expedite the project. :science:

Top Bottom