1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by reeefermadness, May 9, 2017.

1. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I could be I guess, but that seems too early. Less than 200 cycles? Should be closer to 300, then again it's till working.....

So you use it every day for a few minutes and charge every night? Meaning it's constantly fully charged or almost fully charged? Kinda tough on the battery. The best test is to charge it up and see how many sessions it'll deliver. Such a measure of capacity is the traditional rating.

You might consider changing your routine to use it every day until you 'only get two bars' when starting up in the morning....or even one. Should be plenty of charge left for your typical daily use?

It's worth remembering there's no penalty (except run time per charge which you're not taking full advantage of), no need to wait 'extra time'?

Regards to all.

OF

2. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

My fury 2 is my workday vape as well. 80% of it's use is while commuting either to or from work. Another 10% - 15% is when I'm otherwise out and about during the day...and maybe 5% home use.

I normally start at 380F for a minute or two, then bump it up to 400F for a minute or two, then finish it at 425F till it stops producing vapor, which can sometimes take 2 - 5 minutes to get the last little bits out sometimes...especially when walking or cycling (because I have to wait till there are no immediate onlookers or pigs driving close by).

3. Moses Baca

Moses Baca Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, a full battery charge will typically get me through one work day. Squeeze in an extra session or two and it'll die before I get home. Fully charged in the morning and nearly or totally gone by the evening. That hasn't changed. Charging it back up, getting all the bars lit, takes hours now. It gets mostly full but that last bar keeps flashing for hours.

4. Ramahs

Sounds like it could be the battery showing it's age...but it could also be the cable or power adapter.
    Have you tried a different micro usb cable and a different power adapter?
    Also, it could even be the sensor that reads the battery level.

5. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Thanks. Good information. The key is, I think, "That hasn't changed". That is you still get the same capacity, the 'battery' (really a cell....) is up to spec. basically.

Charging goes in several steps. First you get full current, or rather what the controller thinks is maximum, say a bit under an Amp. In my case, it's 850mA (I just checked when I put it on charge.....). As it does so (supply charging current) the voltage slowly rises. Like adding water to the bath tub. As it approaches the goal, 4.2 Volts nominal (plus or minus .050 so somewhere between 4.15 and 4.25) current is slowly throttled back to stay under that voltage. This could go on forever, really, with the current eventually matching the loss in charge over time (slight as it is). So, when the controller notices the current is cut back to 1/10 of full blast (.085 Amps in my case) it cuts off charging. This last 10% of charge usually adds half an hour or so to the total, but contributes little since the current is constantly reducing. Even without this part, you still get an almost complete charge.

What you observe (longer and longer times to complete the charge) could be degradation in the cell but it's not impacting the cell's ability to do it's job. Worth watching but not worrying over?

OF

6. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I bought this cooling mouthpiece for my Fenix Mini and it's terrific. Bowl is a tiny fraction shorter than with the HRFury2 WPA but not significantly, same some 100 mg capacity. Allows for very deep and cool tokes, way more pleasant than the original mouthpiece. Bit more restrictive though, which in my case prevents me from drawing too fast, which may overpower the heater, as known from the Fury 1 (which is my Fenix Mini). Makes me use the little 70 Eur thing even more at home.

I wasn't sure if I could post a product link of VDN here as they're no sponsors, so I rather took a sh!tty pic. I bought it for 20 Eur at verdampftnochmal, link is in the pic ;)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  7. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

using Fury2 and newer Fury Edge mixed up now... Gave the other Fury2 I have to my love so she can vape the day away :D

Enjoy It

8. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

PIU sells this.

9. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

Fury 2 without attachments (og mouthpiece) carved out a niche pretty quickly with me due to its portability and its speed to temp, priorties 1a and 1a with me. Initially, I wasn't convinced with regard to ease of cleaning (priority 1a), but I am now. I gave my screen and bowl (didn't bother with the mouthpiece) a quick wipe for the first time in around 8-10 bowls. Nothing was even in that bad shape. Good little vape.

Vaporific, LesPlenty, Ramahs and 3 others like this.
  10. GoldenBud

GoldenBud Well-Known Member

Hi, Get the POTV ONE's capsules. you'll keep your device clean (the ONE's capsules considered to be superior to the Fury's capsules)

11. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I think the new Edge caps fit too and fixed that problem.

12. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Hoarder

The NEW HR caps are so much better than the old ones. They fit any of the Fury’s.
    I believe they are extremely similar, if not the same as POTV caps.
    I never used my OG caps, but the new ones hold close to 2x the herb, are very easy to open and close and keep the oven nice and clean.

13. GoldenBud

GoldenBud Well-Known Member

14. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

I love the heck out of my dosing capsules.

I use them 100% of the time. I got the POTV (which are now supposed to be available ) caps that are solid on the sides.

The capsules make the whole line of Fenix vapes much easier to use.

Vaporific, Jill NYC, OF and 2 others like this.
  15. Vaporific

Vaporific All who wander are not lost...

Sadly POTV has been out of stock of these for a week or so. Would love to buy a bunch for my Furies. Plus I ordered the loading tray (and a few other goodies) at delta3Dstudios arriving in a couple of days - they make nice things.

Happy weekend all :leaf::peace:

16. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Hoarder

Get them at HR - they are a game changer (compared to the OG ones). I am probably going to buy a few more sets myself.
    https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p82/FURY_EDGE_Dosing_Capsules.html

LesPlenty, Ramahs, OF and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ramahs

I just ordered a set of those Edge Dosing Capsules.
    They are the first dosing capsules I've ever ordered, besides the wood capsules coming with my nomad, which I have not received yet (but will receive later this week. Yay me!)
    Now we wait...

Vaporific and Jill NYC like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors