Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the consensus choice of Best Portable Vape has an aluminum chamber.
And isn't the oven a PITA to try and get clean, note I said try.:wave:
My F2 oven comes up nicely after a clean, not so with the other so-called best vape.:tup:
Only thing better is Ti...F3 Ti bowl...mmm :\

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Got my Fury 2 today and suite of accessories from POTV (4 dosing capsules, the accessory mouthpiece with straight glass, and wpa). I charged it for two hours, cleaned everything, did two burn offs, then loaded up some 1:1 flower in a capsule and popped it in.

First I used it with the stock mouthpiece at 350. First hit had strong flavor but lacking some of the finer notes I can get from the Splinter Z. Second one had weaker taste, and by the third it tasted flat and dull. I took several more hits through my bubbler using the wpa, taste getting worse, and produced some nice clouds on the later hits.

I waited for the capsule to cool down, then refilled it, began vaping it through the bubbler at 329, got nice clouds right off the bat (I was taking huge draws with the general lack of draw resistance). Again, had decent taste the first hit, less strong the second, and went downhill from there. For the last two or three hits I switched to the POTV straight glass mouthpiece, then back to the stock mouthpiece. The straight glass mouthpiece got hot too quickly. The stock mouthpiece stayed cooler and kept the vapor surprisingly cool as well.

The high has been pleasant and seems strong given that it’s a 1:1 with less than 10% THC or CBD. If this were a high THC flower I’d probably be blitzed and unable to move. The ABV was dark brown and completely even.

For a portable vape the lack of flavor is a reasonable price to pay for the convenience of it. It heats up extremely quickly, is absurdly small (the POTV One must be comically tiny given how small the Fury 2 is) and discreet, and with the dosing capsules is super easy to load and reload. This is far more convenient than say a Pax (although maybe by now there are dosing capsules for those too?) and less expensive than a Ghost or Firewood 5, so I feel more comfortable throwing it in a pocket and going out with it. A good vape for going out with, and really enjoyable through water when at home.

The only downside is that the dosing capsules get too hot to quickly swap out. I have to wait for the oven and capsule to cool sufficiently before I can remove it to insert the next one. I still prefer that than having to deal with loading, emptying, and reloading loose flower on the go.

John Coaltrain

. . . The only downside is that the dosing capsules get too hot to quickly swap out. I have to wait for the oven and capsule to cool sufficiently before I can remove it to insert the next one. . .

I no longer use dosing capsules with my Fury 2, but when I did, whenever I wanted to swap out the capsule, I just inverted the unit and dropped the capsule onto a glass plate – or into my aluminum Storz & Bickel Capsule Caddy when I was on the go. This prevented me from having to wait for the capsule to cool down enough to remove it by hand.

I usually use the bent glass mouthpiece with my Fury 2, finding that it provides much, much better flavor (and larger clouds) than the dosing capsules. I found this to be the case also with my Mighty and Fierce when used with their dosing capsules.

The glass mouthpiece is less handy for on the go use, but there are ways to facilitate this with the right planning. I find the improvement in both taste and cloud production to be worth the somewhat lessened convenience.

Last edited:

OF

I no longer use dosing capsules with my Fury 2, but when I did, whenever I wanted to swap out the capsule, I just inverted the unit and dropped the capsule onto a glass plate – or into my aluminum Storz & Bickel Capsule Caddy when I was on the go.

I'm with you there, JC, although I still sometimes use them. If there's a need, like this, I use one of those little Silicone Oil Jars, like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Bassion-Non-...way&sprefix=siliconme+oil+cont,aps,264&sr=8-3

Even half of it works fine. Just hold it over the top and invert and let the hot capsule drop in there (the material is OK with full temperature). You can either put the top on and then into your pocket if you're rushed, or set it on the deck to cool as you reload and vape on.

OF

OF

Silicone jars = 1.5 x 1.5 x 0.8 inches

Aluminum pill cases = 2.4 x 2 x 0.5 inches

Yup, although it's hard to understand how a cylindrical thing has such dimensions (not uncommon with Amazon....) it's still a half inch wide (OD) hole against an inch and a half one (depth has no advantage), and the Silicone is easier in the pocket.

The important thing is to have something handy. I've been known to flip the hot capsule between palms (keep in moving for 15 seconds or so and it's plenty cool. Even dumping it into a shirt pocket (I'm an 'all cotton' kinda guy) works. Just have a plan......

Thanks.

OF

John Coaltrain

. . . Silicone is easier in the pocket (I'm an 'all cotton' kinda guy) . . .

I find it too grippy in the pocket. Aluminum, in my experience, doesn't cause my pocket to resist my efforts, but surrenders to them much easier.

Nor does aluminum collect lint and other forms of particulate which tend to dwell within the recesses of one's pockets, be they cotton, poly-cotton, polyester, leather, spandex, PVC, cured moose carcass, chain mail, or silk brocade (whatever the hell that is).

. . . Just have a plan.....

Indeed. Or two plans (thereby increasing one's chances of actually remembering one of them).

It's also helpful to note that a few quick draws once the unit is powered down helps to quickly drop the temperature of both the oven and the dosing capsule. This is surprisingly effective.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I no longer use dosing capsules with my Fury 2, but when I did, whenever I wanted to swap out the capsule, I just inverted the unit and dropped the capsule onto a glass plate – or into my aluminum Storz & Bickel Capsule Caddy when I was on the go. This prevented me from having to wait for the capsule to cool down enough to remove it by hand.

I usually use the bent glass mouthpiece with my Fury 2, finding that it provides much, much better flavor (and larger clouds) than the dosing capsules. I found this to be the case also with my Mighty and Fierce when used with their dosing capsules.

The glass mouthpiece is less handy for on the go use, but there are ways to facilitate this with the right planning. I find the improvement in both taste and cloud production to be worth the somewhat lessened convenience.

Thank you for the suggestions! I think taking extra draws through the mouthpiece is probably my best bet for cooling on the go, but at home I can drop the capsule on a ceramic coaster.

I do want to try the curved stem, as you’re not the first person who’s told me it works very well to cool the vapor. I should have gotten that when I ordered the other accessories, oh well!

John Coaltrain

. . . I do want to try the curved stem, as you’re not the first person who’s told me it works very well to cool the vapor. . .

I very highly recommend it. While I like POTV's idea of the accessory attachment and the glass stem, I believe there's something to be said for having glass for the full length from bottom to top – from the floor of the oven to the lips – i.e., a fully insulated glass path.

The POTV, on the other hand, still puts the full height of the oven, the mesh screen, and the silicone ring between the user and her herb. It's more of a glass tip than a stem or full mouthpiece. It's certainly handy to have the full capacity of the chamber/oven which POTV's stem offers, however.

I don't know if there are implications for flavour with these two approaches (HR's full-length bent glass mouthpiece vs. POTV's partial-length glass tip). It would be great to hear from anyone who's tried both.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I very highly recommend it. While I like POTV's idea of the accessory attachment and the glass stem, I believe there's something to be said for having glass for the full length from bottom to top – from the floor of the oven to the lips – i.e., a fully insulated glass path.

The POTV, on the other hand, still puts the full height of the oven, the mesh screen, and the silicone ring between the user and her herb. It's more of a glass tip than a stem or full mouthpiece. It's certainly handy to have the full capacity of the chamber/oven which POTV's stem offers, however.

I don't know if there are implications for flavour with these two approaches. I'd like to hear from anyone who's tried both.

Ah, you were talking about the HR bent stem. I went with the POTV accessory mouthpiece instead.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I took the Fury with me to work today. I used the dosing capsules exclusively, packed with hemp. I have four capsules. I did one session on the way to work, one each on ten minute breaks, and one on the way home. The Fury feels perfect for this application. Taste is meh but on the plus side when the taste fades the vapor is basically tasteless, no burnt popcorn flavor.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Your comment about improved clouds and flavor are making me think it’s worth trying the HR glass mouthpiece. Do you think it’s worth it to try the cooling vent mouthpiece with the dimples or just the standard glass mouthpiece? And do you feel the flavor is sufficiently better that it elevates the overall experience of the Fury 2, or is it a more incremental thing?

John Coaltrain

. . . Do you think it’s worth it to try the cooling vent mouthpiece with the dimples or just the standard glass mouthpiece?

I can't comment on the dimpled pieces, since I've never tried them. A lot of folks seem to like them a fair bit (though some say they are more difficult to clean than non-dimpled glass). I've only used the HR bent glass mouthpiece.

. . . And do you feel the flavor is sufficiently better that it elevates the overall experience of the Fury 2, or is it a more incremental thing?

I think it elevates the experience for me quite considerably, particularly in the area of flavor. In my experience (mostly with Arizer vaporizers) a glass mouthpiece always does a great job of providing lots of flavor.

I think (I could be wrong) that one of the reasons for this (speaking now of the Fury 2) is that temperatures can be run lower than with the regular mouthpiece. With the glass mouthpiece I can see the same volume of cloud that I can with the regular mouthpiece – but at a 10ºC or so lower temperature – and I get much better flavor as a result. This is also the case with my HR Fierce.

I don't know if this is due to the difference in internal dimensions (glass vs. regular pieces) or with the type of draw each seems to evoke – or if it's entirely attributable to the materials.

And running at lower temperatures will no doubt prolong your battery's life.

So, in terms of improving the "overall experience" – I think the glass provides much better flavor, some degree of better battery life, and a much easier cleaning up. And the 'straw draw' method of filling a glass mouthpiece with flower can be convenient as well, since it eliminates the need to have filling/packing tools at hand.

It's worth a shot – in my estimate.

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I can't comment on the dimpled pieces, since I've never tried them. A lot of folks seem to like them a fair bit (though some say they are more difficult to clean than non-dimpled glass). I've only used the HR bent glass mouthpiece.

I think it elevates the experience for me quite considerably, particularly in the area of flavor. In my experience (mostly with Arizer vaporizers) a glass mouthpiece always does a great job of providing lots of flavor.

I think (I could be wrong) that one of the reasons for this (speaking now of the Fury 2) is that temperatures can be run lower than with the regular mouthpiece. With the glass mouthpiece I can see the same volume of cloud that I can with the regular mouthpiece – but at a 10ºC or so lower temperature – and I get much better flavor as a result. This is also the case with my HR Fierce.

I don't know if this is due to the difference in internal dimensions (glass vs. regular pieces) or with the type of draw each seems to evoke – or if it's entirely attributable to the materials.

And running at lower temperatures will no doubt prolong your battery's life.

So, in terms of improving the "overall experience" – I think the glass provides much better flavor, some degree of better battery life, and a much easier cleaning up. And the 'straw draw' method of filling a glass mouthpiece with flower can be convenient as well, since it eliminates the need to have filling/packing tools at hand.

It's worth a shot – in my estimate.

Thanks! I will give it a try.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Can anyone who has the glass charlie, long, spikey, vc, clear glass stem from Vgoodiez or the black Hula stem from sneakypete try it in your Fury & let me know how it fits. I don't know if gc makes both. I prefer the black for stealth. Also, a pic would be nice.
Thanks!

Last edited:

StringTheorista

@Summer, The black hula stem is too big in diameter to fit into the Fury’s bowl. It works, and looks great, if you use the accessory glass adaptor that POTV made for the ONE. (The adaptor is compatible with the Fury, except that it would cover the red/green temp indicator lights.)

E43-D1837-F165-46-AC-AC21-286801-E8854-D.jpg

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Bad news: the standard mouthpiece and the POTV accessory attachment won’t stay on my F2. Short of full
ISO cleaning, which will occur soon, they simply won’t stay on and keep popping off by themselves. This happened with my Snap mouthpiece too several months ago which is why I bought a slightly used F2 from HR. I’ve sent HR an email and they suggested sending it in to check that as well as what appears to be a precipitous battery drain between 2 bars and empty. I tried a different plug and USB cord and I don’t think that helped much. I’ll likely send it back this week :(

My luck hasn’t been so great yet I really enjoy using my F2 & Snap. And I’m now considering purchasing another vape for the collection so I have something that works without any issues, and I’m trying to keep vapes minimal and VAS at bay. Indeed a balancing act...:peace:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Bad news: the standard mouthpiece and the POTV accessory attachment won’t stay on my F2. Short of full
ISO cleaning, which will occur soon, they simply won’t stay on and keep popping off by themselves. This happened with my Snap mouthpiece too several months ago which is why I bought a slightly used F2 from HR. I’ve sent HR an email and they suggested sending it in to check that as well as what appears to be a precipitous battery drain between 2 bars and empty. I tried a different plug and USB cord and I don’t think that helped much. I’ll likely send it back this week :(

My luck hasn’t been so great yet I really enjoy using my F2 & Snap. And I’m now considering purchasing another vape for the collection so I have something that works without any issues, and I’m trying to keep vapes minimal and VAS at bay. Indeed a balancing act...:peace:

You do realize that overly denying your VAS is the first step to a life of sin, right?
I don't want you to go to hell, my friend.
Repent and be saved!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
You do realize that overly denying your VAS is the first step to a life of sin, right?
I don't want you to go to hell, my friend.
Repent and be saved!
I’m praying, er searching, for a new vape and ordering one this week. Decisions, decisions - still undecided what I want however portable is likely the target category. Nothing more sad than seeing my F2 in its box ready to be sent in for service. :peace:

Top Bottom