Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

OF

Gentle Friends,

For your consideration (and a potential starting point for discussion) I'd like to describe the routine I've come to be using with Edge(s). For sure my goals will agree with only some of you, but that is to be expected? By way of background I'm a MMJ type who is keeping my tolerance low but usage high? That is multiple sessions through the day but each modest by 'party standards'.....no cloud chasing here.

I grind eights (3.5 grams) at a time. This is 'well cured' (dry) so there's basically no fouling. I use the dosing capsules, keeping the machine clean and allowing fast reloads. I do 3 such filings at a time, one in the vape, two on standby. Each is between .1 and .125 grams, so an average of 9 loads per gram, a bit over 30 such loads per quarter.

Each capsule is used in two cycles of 5 minutes (10 total) at 375F and 410F (20 minutes per capsule). First obviously at 375 for two periods for a first session. Then bump the temperature up and do a second session of two more periods for another 10 minutes. 3 such cycles per loading, 60 minutes total, before recharging and emptying and reloading the 3 capsules in the set. Capsules go in the vape 'upside down' that is heavy end down, which seems to give more complete and uniform ABV.

Anyway, 'woks a treat' as the Brits say. Through experiments I've refined the technique to suit my goals. I have two Edges in rotation, I can pick up either and easily determine the status. Between the (last session) temperature and battery charge it's a 'no brainer' where the vape I just picked up stands. The sixth session (3 rd capsule, high temp) discharges the battery and reloading the cartridges.

Sorry for being long winded, but hey, you read through it......

Best wishes to all.

OF

Washburnian

Anyone know what could make the Edge suddenly stop coming on? A couple nights ago I was in the middle of a session and it shut off, it came back on but only for less than a minute... and it hasn't come back on since. It will charge like normal, the screen lights up. The power button doesn't seem to be messed up in anyway. I'm lost
Did you find a fix for this? Same thing just happened to mine :(

Washburnian,

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Did you find a fix for this? Same thing just happened to mine :(
Hi and sorry for the late reply! Please try a different cord and/or charging block - this could be the issue. If not, please contact us and we will take care of you - no worries! If you don't hear back from us right away - we will get back to you on Tuesday, after the Christmas weekend. All of our devices have a one year free replacement warranty and a lifetime 1/2 price replacement warranty :)

Merry Christmas!
~Healthy Rips Team

deadsouthernblake

Hi and sorry for the late reply! Please try a different cord and/or charging block - this could be the issue. If not, please contact us and we will take care of you - no worries! If you don't hear back from us right away - we will get back to you on Tuesday, after the Christmas weekend. All of our devices have a one year free replacement warranty and a lifetime 1/2 price replacement warranty :)

Merry Christmas!
~Healthy Rips Team
Since my Edge is well past it's warranty and was a gift from an ex that I don't have any proof of purchase of, is there anything you might could tell me to try that might possibly get my Edge back working? It will light up when charging and get a full charge but will not turn back on, I can't see or feel anything wrong with the on and off switch. Hell, I'm up for trying about anything

deadsouthernblake,

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Since my Edge is well past it's warranty and was a gift from an ex that I don't have any proof of purchase of, is there anything you might could tell me to try that might possibly get my Edge back working? It will light up when charging and get a full charge but will not turn back on, I can't see or feel anything wrong with the on and off switch. Hell, I'm up for trying about anything
Hi! Without having your device in hand, it is almost impossible to diagnose what might be happening with it. Please contact our customer service, your device will be covered under our lifetime 1/2 price replacement warranty. In your email, please explain the issue and we will give you replacement instructions :). customerservice@healthyrips.com

Have an amazing day!
~Healthy Rips Team

duanecobain

had a Fury Edge V2 that I bought in October 2021, that I loved dearly until it died a few months later in March 2022. totally dead, would not charge or power up.

had it replaced under warranty for free... but as of today, the replacement is now showing the dreaded PROTECT E08 error after just 10 months of regular use. i just emailed support to hopefully have it replaced again for free since the warranty replacement unit was shipped to me under a year ago.

really frustrating that i've had two of these things die on me in under 1.5 years, particularly since i take meticulously good care of my stuff...

i still think the HR devices are the best portable dry herb vapes for the price in terms of performance, but i'm starting to sour on the brand based on my experiences with (presumably) poor QA/QC. not sure if i can rely on them anymore. hoping they can make this right and ship me a unit that is built to last longer than 10 months.

Last edited:

duanecobain

UPDATE - i'm only eligible for the '1/2 price warranty replacement' and need to ship my broken vape back to them. thankfully they said they'd made an exception for me so i wouldn't have to pay return shipping to have them diagnose my 2nd broken Fury Edge. :rolleyes: lmao. what a joke.

if you want a vape that reliably lasts longer than 6 months, skip any Healthy Rips device IMO. they perform very well but are clearly NOT built to last.

anyone have any recs for something similar in terms of performance + price?

duanecobain,
Reactions: LeftBased

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
UPDATE - i'm only eligible for the '1/2 price warranty replacement' and need to ship my broken vape back to them. thankfully they said they'd made an exception for me so i wouldn't have to pay return shipping to have them diagnose my 2nd broken Fury Edge. :rolleyes: lmao. what a joke.

if you want a vape that reliably lasts longer than 6 months, skip any Healthy Rips device IMO. they perform very well but are clearly NOT built to last.

Hi! Sorry for the trouble with your FURY EDGE devices. This is highly unusual for a client to have two defective devices like you have. Our defect rate across our entire line is less than 1%. Please PM me and we will get you back up and vaping ASAP at no charge.

Sincerely,
Teece ~Healthy Rips Team

ChronPain86

New to this forum and put in an order for a HR Rogue SE, but stopped the order and have been in talks with them about maybe switching it to a Fury SE.

Best price for a healthy rips vaporizer would be through their website? I also am in Canada and haven't found a site in canada that sells HR devices for cheaper like I have found for some other vaporizers I was inquiring about.

Anyone bought the case from them...does it store the capsules and case they come in ontop of the vaporizer?

Thank you for any help/tips etc any of you can provide me as I venture into this new vaporizer territory

ChronPain86,
Reactions: GetLeft

duanecobain

just an update here (i can't seem to figure out how to edit my original post) - customer service reached out to me and offered to honor the original warranty / replace the Edge again. i sincerely appreciate this and am glad to see this level of individual service and support from a company. hoping 3rd time's a charm and my Fury will last a few years. in any case they've gained a loyal customer.

GetLeft

Best price for a healthy rips vaporizer would be through their website?

I recently purchased a HR Edge and did so through their website. Works well.
Don't use a case and my Edge has held up very well without one.

i sincerely appreciate this and am glad to see this level of individual service and support from a company.

They're a hard company to talk poorly about from what I've experienced.

Drei

I do have the Fury Edge SE for a while now and I am really happy with it. It's at least as good in delivering convection as the Fenix Mini and thanks to the sliding mechanism I am expecting this device to last a lot longer.

The dosing capsules are hard to come by in Europe, though. The shop I ordered my Fury Edge SE from does not have them, so I resort to capsules designed for the Fenix Mini which work, but seem not to be ideal, they are a tiny bit too small. Is anyone using this device with alternative dosing capsules? Which ones can you recommend?

OF

The dosing capsules are hard to come by in Europe, though. The shop I ordered my Fury Edge SE from does not have them, so I resort to capsules designed for the Fenix Mini which work, but seem not to be ideal, they are a tiny bit too small. Is anyone using this device with alternative dosing capsules? Which ones can you recommend?
Since this is a conduction vape, heating the herb inside the capsules has to happen by first heating the capsule (by conduction) to 'magic temperature/ a close mechanical fit is needed. If you use capsules from another vape which are loose, results will be poor for that reason.

Therefore I can only recommend the factory capsules which are designed for optimum heat transfer. More over, for this reason (heat conduction to the capsule determines the vapor production) I find putting the lid (heavy end down) to work better than 'lid up'. Hopefully you can find some if you look enough?

Regards to all.

OF

wamalt

Anyone know if they are still using the ceramic disk as part of the stainless steel heating element in the Fury Edge SE / Rogue SE? Pic is from the Fury 2, but I know they've also used one as far back as the Fierce (confirmed via a disassembly video). All of their marketing and spec sheet only reference stainless steel air path and stainless steel heating element, even though there is ceramic in both that is not mentioned based on this pic (unless something has changed with the SE versions). @HealthyRips.com

Last edited:
wamalt,

Nebelmann

Got mine from Vapefully.com, they don't have them atm. vaporshop.pl seems to sell them too

Nebelmann,
Reactions: Drei

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! We hope everyone is having an amazing spring so far!
Our annual Spring Sale is on now through the end of April - enjoy a 20% discount storewide with coupon code: Explore
The sale includes our ROGUE SE and our FURY EDGE SE bundles. They both have our newly designed Mouthpiece and Accessories Attachment that slide on and are held on with a strong Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet.

Happy Spring Everyone!
~Healthy Rips Team
Healthyrips.com

deadsouthernblake

Hi All! We hope everyone is having an amazing spring so far!
Our annual Spring Sale is on now through the end of April - enjoy a 20% discount storewide with coupon code: Explore
The sale includes our ROGUE SE and our FURY EDGE SE bundles. They both have our newly designed Mouthpiece and Accessories Attachment that slide on and are held on with a strong Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet.

Happy Spring Everyone!
~Healthy Rips Team
Healthyrips.com
@HealthyRips.com I some how missed where you'd replied to me a few months earlier on my Edge that stopped turning on but would still get a full charge. When I said it was past warranty and was a gift from an ex with out a proof of purchase you mentioned a half price lifetime replacement. If that's still an option would it be possible to upgrade to the Rouge and pay what ever the difference would be?

deadsouthernblake,

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
@HealthyRips.com I some how missed where you'd replied to me a few months earlier on my Edge that stopped turning on but would still get a full charge. When I said it was past warranty and was a gift from an ex with out a proof of purchase you mentioned a half price lifetime replacement. If that's still an option would it be possible to upgrade to the Rouge and pay what ever the difference would be?
Hi and thank you for posting your question! Yes, we always offer the upgrade option with our half price Lifetime Warranty replacement. Just contact our customer service and we will give you all the information you need for your upgraded replacement :). customerservice@healthyrips.com

Thanks and have an amazing day!
~Healthy Rips Team

Mad_Max

What are the best stems for the Edge? I have a BB9 that I love but I hate the carb hole. Other than the Hula stems, what fits?
:shrug:

Mad_Max,

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All!

Both our FURY EDGE SE and our ROGUE SE now have pass-through charging!

ptc-banner_orig.png

Pass-through charging is a game-changer, allowing you to use your device while it's plugged in and charging. This innovative technology empowers you to avoid those frustrating moments when you're waiting for your low battery to charge before indulging in your favorite dry herbs. Now you can simply plug in your device with at least 20% or 1 bar of battery life remaining, and continue to use it as long as you desire.

We have also upgraded our black stem mouthpiece to a dimpled cooling stem mouthpiece on both our devices. Other notable features include: USB-C charging, larger batteries, silicone protective cover, one click battery check, and adjustable session timer.

All the best!
HR Team

Striped121

Hi,

When you say " Now have pass through charging" , does that mean the one I've just ordered in the UK is now an old model?

Striped121,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Your new vape is probably an old model. You could tell for sure by seeing if you can turn it on while charging.

Top Bottom