Heady Glass

DubCRider

Post up pictures of your best glass, not the cheap assembly line stuff....

I just got this SALT+Luke Wilson piece the other day.

01e62a3e.jpg

b5ce9d0a.jpg

458d5c8b.jpg

85c37d79.jpg

4fe80619.jpg

SD_haze

I'm purely a window shopper when it comes to heady glass but I certainly enjoy the view :D
Here's some of my favorite new pieces I've come across.

Elks That Run Hanging Stemless Bubbler ($1300)
Elks_Spirit_Mask_Wall_Hanger_%283%29__94281_zoom.jpg

Scott Deppe "Take me 2 the mothership" Bubbler: ($20,000)
GFG_49-524__27840_zoom.jpg

GFG_49-523__36035_zoom.jpg

Clinton Roman Dragon Dry Pipe: ($5,000)
Clinton_Roman_Dichroic_Dragon_Dry_Pipe_%281%29__63887_zoom.jpg

Scott Deppe "Grateful 4 Mushrooms" Bubbler: ($13,000)
GFG_49-562__58974_zoom.jpg

:mmmm:

jpdnkstr

That LW + Salt colab is NICE! I have a simple Ben Wilson Six Arm Bub. I love it BTW. Keep it coming Wilson Bros! Sorry no pics.

jpdnkstr,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I just got some pics of my first worked piece - custom made by an artist by the name of fishbone
fishbonespace3.jpg

fishbonespace1.jpg

fishbonespace2.jpg

The work is space themed, its got some honeycomb work on the base, and I got 2 matching space worked slide holders - 1 14mm and 1 18mm.

It's not as crazy as some of those ones above, but its got me :drool:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yeah, I love it too (still waiting on postage though, so it isn't in my hands just yet).
I contontacted Fishbone originally about a fire & ice styled theme, and he mentioned to me that he'd recently started doing space-themed work, and that made me a very happy camper :lol:

IMO, there's nothing better than getting super medicated and watching a documentary about space...
Now I can do it in style :razz:

Frederick McGuire,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It is nice. Do you still smoke bowls Fred? Otherwise why the slide holders?

It looks very expensive. U gonna share how much?

WatTyler,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Nope, I pretty much completely Fucked combustion as soon as I got my SSV a bit over a year ago.
The slide holders are for my LSV WPAs.

I'm always looking for somewhere to put it, if for some reason it can't be in the bubbler I'm holding.

It was $200 for the Bub, $35 each for the slide holders.

I'm already planning to get another custom Bubbler from Fishbone in the future (I've even sent him a concept sketch:cool:), but he cant do anything with slits (like showerheads) until he gets a new saw, so that plan is on the back burner for a while.

EDIT: Oh, Check out this beautiful Birdhouse/Dome I just snagged on BM:

Frederick McGuire,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
This piece is pretty snazzy for $574.99:drool:

hempartglass-2_4.jpg

And this one's nice for $159.99

hempartglass-2_9.jpg

They're both dry pieces though :(

EDIT:
Not sure if this counts, but Ive always thought this black leaf piece was really cool
space_lab_bong_f.jpg

Frederick McGuire,

SD_haze

These millie pieces can steal a whole afternoon away from you just from looking at all the different details :drool:

GFG_48-381__98437_zoom.jpg

AK_Purple_Prospect_w_Toon_Ring_%281%29__67848_zoom.jpg

McWow

McWow,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice McWow! Really intricate patterning, especially on the upper section - defo McWow. How tall is the piece?

J.R.R.Tokin',

dirtpie

Nice to see FC into heady glass.

DubC: Nice Salt Luke Wilson collab, I really enjoy the natty perc to tree. Have you put a small downstem in it at all. A tiny Alex K showerhead diffy is unreal in those type of tubes.

Frederick McGuire: that fishbone bub is unreal. I didn't realize his work was that nice. How are the welds (seals) on the piece? No doubt that he has a great artistic ability, and from the pics you shared it does look like nice fully melted in welds.

McWow: what a throwback to oldschool techniques on your tube! Do you know who made that piece? It reminds me of the work you'd see in bubblers from the late 90's early 00's.

I'll start off with just a couple of heady pieces I have.

Mad Rob Wine Glass Rig

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

Brandon Martin Stemless bub with a converter by T Funk and dome by Mad Rob

007.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

The mouthpiece has a base layer of Cobalt that you can see when held up to the light
036.jpg

Nate Dizzle Specialty layback Swiss perc. Unlike normal layback Swiss percs this one also can stand up on it's own.

007.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

bestlogoever.jpg

I just need a couple more adapters made up and then I should be able to use all but 2 of my headies with my Cloud.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Damn Dirtpie :o
That swiss perc is friggin awesome :drool:
The welds on the fishbone piece are great, You can feel an ever so slight dip in the glass where the mouthpiece tube meets the main body, but there's no seams or anything noticeable :D

I've got him making me a Galaxy Dame, 18-18 Adapter, and dish & dabber ;)
I'm also getting a hydratube stand/2nd chamber, and there's gonna be some space work in that too :D

Frederick McGuire,
Would this slide be considered "heady"?

built-in-screen-14mm-glass-tobacco-waterpipe-bowl-e066.JPG

TBH, I don't really have a firm grasp of what "heady" is. I get that heady is cerebral, exhilerating, etc. Are worked pieces considered heady by themselves?

edit: this is my favourite heady piece:

--120000--105928_product_1320500740_thumb_large.jpg

kingofnull,

SD_haze

Would this slide be considered "heady"?

TBH, I don't really have a firm grasp of what "heady" is. I get that heady is cerebral, exhilerating, etc. Are worked pieces considered heady by themselves?

edit: this is my favourite heady piece:
Best definition is there's more than a small amount of working. You wouldn't say ANY color working=heady because it could have just a slyme colored bridge and the rest all clear glass.

Both of those would qualify IMO :-)

Heady glass gallery - all of it on AquaLab - long load<==starts with the most expensive :evil:

Yeah I've seen heady glass, and I understand what makes certain pieces heady, obvious example would be Salt. Just like it's obvious to me that inline a/c I posted is heady.

Would you consider this Koji slide heady or simply worked?

What about this dish/dabber?
xE2FN.jpg

kingofnull,

SD_haze

Yeah I've seen heady glass, and I understand what makes certain pieces heady, obvious example would be Salt. Just like it's obvious to me that inline a/c I posted is heady.

Would you consider this Koji slide heady or simply worked?

What about this dish/dabber?
xE2FN.jpg
Anything that has a worked design like both of those are definitely. if there's just a little spec of isolated color, thats where it might not be.

Top Bottom