Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

Another video of the square. Seems like they are coming out more and more now.

The video sucks. But thought I would post. Didn’t really feel much of a review.

They say use a lose pack. Totally disagree with that. Then goes off about right pack gave hot spots are combustion. Yet to see that when I tight pack. Lose pack you get no clouds.

Last edited:

Petunia Vanish

Another video of the square. Seems like they are coming out more and more now.

The video sucks. But thought I would post. Didn’t really feel much of a review.

They say use a lose pack. Totally disagree with that. Then goes off about right pack gave hot spots are combustion. Yet to see that when I tight pack. Lose pack you get no clouds.
I don't know if I would say that video sucked there are so few videos explaining the use... thank you for posting it...have you seen anyother videos?

@Haze Vaporizers any word on official videos?

I do think it was a review: I mean they went through every section of unit ( build. use. learning curve.overview.opinions) " haze square review" was the YouTube title... LOL

I'm wondering if they had a phase 1 unit because with a tight pack I did experience combustion.

Only other REVIEW videos I've found are sneaky pete (@ 5:40)

and vapeCRITIC

Last edited:

sdrsh

Received the haze square on Monday last week and enjoyed learning to use it since then. After learning to tamp it down a little more than i thought was necessary it really started to work and delivered tasty, cloudy hits reliably. Thanks to all of you members that shared your impressions and techniques with this vape.

Last night I checked the battery level in between hits and then went for another hit.
After about 1 second of drawing I realized it was combusting (1st time) and I let go of the button and stopped drawing. The unit kept on heating as I saw the coil staying at the glowing orange through the side.
I shook it, tried hitting it on the table and pressed the button a couple more times as It could have been stuck, but nothing worked.
After 30 seconds or so and no sign of stopping I felt like I had a grenade in my hand. It got unbearably hot and smelled like the internals are burning up so I went outside and placed it in a safe area until the battery ran out. I was afraid it would blow up, knowing that there is a battery in there that can't just get pulled out like in some other vapes.

If I was in a car or even a room without access to the outdoors this would have been frightening. Not saying that the Haze Square WILL blow up, but in the heat of the moment and having no way of shutting the unit down it felt pretty scary.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Obviously I am going to RMA it and take it form there.

Other than that it's too early for me to give a proper review on this vape. Definitely enjoyed the tasty and cloudy hits and appreciate the app to set your own preferred temperatures.

Cleaning is a breeze for me, even without the cleaning / filling tool.

I would love for this to work as I think it would be my absolute favorite vape when out and about.
Pretty small, quick heat-up, 4 chambers and delicious vapor!!

Last edited:

Djsleepy

I have had my battery swell and get hot but not the coil staying hot.....I would pm haze from here best way to get rma.started......

Petunia Vanish

The only thing I noticed about the battery is I fully charged my unit cleaned it and put it away on the Shelf for over a month when I went back to use it the battery was completely drained dead and I had to completely recharge it.

Petunia Vanish,
Reactions: O-G-Reg

ginolicious

The only thing I noticed about the battery is I fully charged my unit cleaned it and put it away on the Shelf for over a month when I went back to use it the battery was completely drained dead and I had to completely recharge it.

This happens with all batteries. Not just the Haze Square.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Zow237

buchee

You should never charge your battery full and store it away. That's a fast way of destroying the lifespan of it. If you aren't going to be using the battery for a few weeks its best practice to have the battery at half charge. Having it fully charged is very stressful on the battery. If you want to make the battery last longer you should never discharge it fully to 0. Take it down to 80% discharged then charge it back up. If you want the battery to last even longer then dont fully charge it to 100%.....go 90%.

Check out this link it will teach you everything you need to know about lithum based batteries.
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Djsleepy

You should never charge your battery full and store it away. That's a fast way of destroying the lifespan of it. If you aren't going to be using the battery for a few weeks its best practice to have the battery at half charge. Having it fully charged is very stressful on the battery. If you want to make the battery last longer you should never discharge it fully to 0. Take it down to 80% discharged then charge it back up. If you want the battery to last even longer then dont fully charge it to 100%.....go 90%.

Check out this link it will teach you everything you need to know about lithum based batteries.
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

That's is what Haze said to me re: my issues with swollen batteries.....use unit down to 15% ......then recharge.....

Thanks to @buchee for link ......

Djsleepy,
Reactions: buchee

TKraus

So I've had my unit for a while after getting it back from second repair. I guess it isn't really a second repair because they sent me a brand new unit. Anyway, I am pretty much getting everything that I want out of this unit other than the coil sometimes not wanting to stay flat. I spent some time rotating in different coils and bending them in different ways, but I'm starting to get it down. It doesn't warp very frequently or that drastically, however its enough for me to have to adjust it. Its the only critique I really have of this device so far. I think this thing kicks ass and I've been using it constantly.

ginolicious

So I've had my unit for a while after getting it back from second repair. I guess it isn't really a second repair because they sent me a brand new unit. Anyway, I am pretty much getting everything that I want out of this unit other than the coil sometimes not wanting to stay flat. I spent some time rotating in different coils and bending them in different ways, but I'm starting to get it down. It doesn't warp very frequently or that drastically, however its enough for me to have to adjust it. Its the only critique I really have of this device so far. I think this thing kicks ass and I've been using it constantly.

Coil will always bend over time. It’s due to the high heat.

I’m using the same coil I got with my unit when I received it around June. Was phase 2. Only re shaped it once or twice. I should probably re shape again soon as that’s probably the reason why my bowls are not 100% evenly vaped.

ginolicious,
Reactions: TKraus

Djsleepy

I have found either a lot of usage and/or high temps cause coil to bend ....it is normal.....and like you said just needs a tweek every now and then.....Glad you are getting good results......haze on......

Djsleepy,
Reactions: TKraus

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Would it be feasible for Haze to program the units to charge up to 90%, and turn off when
It is discharged to 80%? That would prolong the battery’s lifespan.

Also, an emergency kill switch.

I want to get one, but alien flakes in my lungs, imaginary or otherwise would have me sleepless
In Massachusetts. :zzz:

O-G-Reg

Would it be feasible for Haze to program the units to charge up to 90%, and turn off when
It is discharged to 80%? That would prolong the battery’s lifespan.

Also, an emergency kill switch.

I want to get one, but alien flakes in my lungs, imaginary or otherwise would have me sleepless
In Massachusetts. :zzz:
Hey a fellow FC member from MA!
I’d wait a while before pulling the trigger one the square. Havent heard much from the company on actually implementing any fixes or improvements to the complaints or suggestions. Flakes in the airpath are still a legitimate issue. I need a new battery after just a few months of use.

Zow237

Found a cheap unit locally. They had it serviced and then haven’t used it since. Would a July model be a first launch model? Warranty is transferable?

Zow237,

Petunia Vanish

Hey a fellow FC member from MA!
I’d wait a while before pulling the trigger one the square. Havent heard much from the company on actually implementing any fixes or improvements to the complaints or suggestions. Flakes in the airpath are still a legitimate issue. I need a new battery after just a few months of use.
I saw this on the form a few pages back ago everyone saying flakes or paint are coming off through the mouthpiece I have yet to experience this I have only noticed minor scratching or the metal being exposed on the bottom of the pods as I turn the unit clockwise probably from rubbing on the bottom of the base.

Can anyone actually show a picture of where the flakes that fell off of the unit ... or the newly exposed raw metal

Petunia Vanish,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I saw this on the form a few pages back ago everyone saying flakes or paint are coming off through the mouthpiece I have yet to experience this I have only noticed minor scratching or the metal being exposed on the bottom of the pods as I turn the unit clockwise probably from rubbing on the bottom of the base.

Can anyone actually show a picture of where the flakes that fell off of the unit ... or the newly exposed raw metal
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/haze-square.20593/page-181#post-1318225
You will have to hit “reply” to see images.

These are the only pics I can recall being shown here.

Jill NYC,

Petunia Vanish

@Haze Vaporizers I see what your saying. When assembled the screen actually covers the OD of the airpath that's flaking off. This flaking still drives me a bit bananas but I'm OCD

IMG-4322.jpg
This one? Some photos don't load on this site for me

Petunia Vanish,

Petunia Vanish

I re-posted @O-G-Reg photos as imgur is no longer supported on FC. You can use https://postimg.cc

1B8MH8Q.jpg
eR1G2gf.jpg
GzillcM.jpg

Come to think of it, I think mine has also flaked off finish in my air paths. Here's a picture of mine.

IMG-4321.jpg

@Haze Vaporizers these photo's don't look like misconceptions? They look like finish (whatever it may be, obviously not plastic ) flaking off around airpaths
Ok photo loaded.

Petunia Vanish,
Reactions: Easywider

Vapordeflor

Hi People.

First of all I LOVE haze square. Just here to post about my unit. It came back from repairing because of blinking permanent light (because leaving it too long charging). I think they sent me a new one, but it lasted two bowls... Now it does not work.. I press the button and no coil activity.. i do not want to disrespect the company or bash it but my opinion is that all this issues should be solved before launching a product to the market.

Vapordeflor,
Reactions: Mrb58

Petunia Vanish

Hi People.

First of all I LOVE haze square. Just here to post about my unit. It came back from repairing because of blinking permanent light (because leaving it too long charging). I think they sent me a new one, but it lasted two bowls... Now it does not work.. I press the button and no coil activity.. i do not want to disrespect the company or bash it but my opinion is that all this issues should be solved before launching a product to the market.
Is it charged, or can you hold down button and check battery level?

Check coil?

@ginolicious can you help?

Djsleepy

Hi People.

Pm Haze.from here .....best way to get answer......although being Thanksgiving here in the states it may take a day or two to get a reply

Top Bottom