Discontinued Haze Square

Djsleepy

I think that as the coil gets older, temps will need to be higher.

I agree with both of you ....that is why I changed the coil that was stock...did anyone else feel the replacement coils are a little thicker/longer? .....they seem to cover vent holes of ceramic better than first coil .....

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I agree with both of you ....that is why I changed the coil that was stock...did anyone else feel the replacement coils are a little thicker/longer? .....they seem to cover vent holes of ceramic better than first coil .....
Speaking of coils, I just burned one out. Only a couple of weeks old no double press but lots of high heat.

Any one able to explain how a place of metal just won't heat any more. Just curious. I have spare coils.

Petunia Vanish

Speaking of coils, I just burned one out. Only a couple of weeks old no double press but lots of high heat.

Any one able to explain how a place of metal just won't heat any more. Just curious. I have spare coils.

What temp do you use?

I hope a cold start to 415 then 440 doesnt effect the coil life (as that is my go to setting)

Petunia Vanish,

django7

Just checking in, and reading through the thread.

I'll chime in on the technique I've settled on for me.

Now that I've had the vape for a few weeks, and I've developed a feel for how it works, I've simplified my technique to the following.

Fill pods with medium grind, no tamp, just level it off
Set temp at 440
Press button till it turns green
Wait 2 secs
If it's a new pod, draw for no more than 3 secs, and 2 is probably better
As the pod ages, draw length can be increased, until finally there is no more vapor

That's all I do now. I just control what I get by how long (and how hard) I draw. I never bother changing the temp. 440 does it all for me, now that I can 'feel' the vape better, just due to experience with it.

I get a lot of draws out of a pod. The first 5 draws are the best, but it isn't until the very end that they start to taste kinda bleh :) But I get 15 or more draws, and often move on to a fresh pod just because I want the taste. ABV is nicely brown, usually darker in the center.

This method seems to be unaffected by the type of herb, or dampness/stickiness. I always get good vapor, sometimes too much if I forget to use short draws at the beginning!

I'm not sure what the Square is measuring when you set a temperature. I've noticed that if I've just finished off a pod so it's pretty warm, and then I move to the next pod, the heat up time will still be very short as if the pod were already hot. Then other times on a pod that is definitely hot because I just had a few big draws from it, the heat up time will be long.

Anyway, I've found a technique that is easy for me and very consistent, so I figured I'd share it.

Stdudez

Well.... I'm afraid my Haze has problems....

Yesterday I just got done vaping a bowl feeling nice and high and went to deep clean my 3 trays. When I finished up I went to fire it back up - nothing... can't get it to turn on, completely dead. Long press button to check battery level - nothing.... as I was inspecting the unit I notice a small crack along the upper housing near the mouthpeice that was not there before... I've always had a silicone case on it and its always handled delicately - never been dropped or handled rough. No idea how this came to be... Having seem the video from @Vapin in the usa yesterday I start wondering if the battery somehow swelled up and cracked the housing.

For good measure, I plug it into the USB C power brick - nothing.... plug my USB C phone into power brick and it charges no problem...

Went to open it up to check the battery - and upon doing so I hear an electrical buzzing sound and I notice a small spark near the USB port on the inside of the unit....

Thought it could be the battery so I pulled the battery out and compared it to the brand new one that came with the Wanderlust Collection. There didn't appear to be any swelling or anything abnormal with the battery...

Disconnected the battery and then reconnected it. I heard the small electrical sound again for a moment then it stopped. Tripled pressed the button and it fired right up... great!!! Put the unit back together as it was and as soon as I started screwing in the hex screws I start hearing the electrical buzz sound again.... unit won't turn on once again.... unscrew it again works fine...

It appears something is causing the unit to short out. The small spark I saw near the USB C port on a few occasions leads me to beleive its happening in that vicinity - but I'm not sure... either way looks like I need to contact @Haze Vaporizers and send the unit in for service...

I'm sure their awesome CS will address the issue quickly - but still sucks because this came out of nowhere and I don't understand how its possible!! :mental::bang::razz::cry:

Stdudez,

its moops

Well.... I'm afraid my Haze has problems....

Yesterday I just got done vaping a bowl feeling nice and high and went to deep clean my 3 trays. When I finished up I went to fire it back up - nothing... can't get it to turn on, completely dead. Long press button to check battery level - nothing.... as I was inspecting the unit I notice a small crack along the upper housing near the mouthpeice that was not there before... I've always had a silicone case on it and its always handled delicately - never been dropped or handled rough. No idea how this came to be... Having seem the video from @Vapin in the usa yesterday I start wondering if the battery somehow swelled up and cracked the housing.

For good measure, I plug it into the USB C power brick - nothing.... plug my USB C phone into power brick and it charges no problem...

Went to open it up to check the battery - and upon doing so I hear an electrical buzzing sound and I notice a small spark near the USB port on the inside of the unit....

Thought it could be the battery so I pulled the battery out and compared it to the brand new one that came with the Wanderlust Collection. There didn't appear to be any swelling or anything abnormal with the battery...

Disconnected the battery and then reconnected it. I heard the small electrical sound again for a moment then it stopped. Tripled pressed the button and it fired right up... great!!! Put the unit back together as it was and as soon as I started screwing in the hex screws I start hearing the electrical buzz sound again.... unit won't turn on once again.... unscrew it again works fine...

It appears something is causing the unit to short out. The small spark I saw near the USB C port on a few occasions leads me to beleive its happening in that vicinity - but I'm not sure... either way looks like I need to contact @Haze Vaporizers and send the unit in for service...

I'm sure their awesome CS will address the issue quickly - but still sucks because this came out of nowhere and I don't understand how its possible!! :mental::bang::razz::cry:
Do you know if you are on the latest firmware?

@Haze Vaporizers Just FYI, I dont think you have a version number on your download page for the firmware. Would be helpful.

https://www.hazevaporizers.com/square-firmware/

Stdudez

Do you know if you are on the latest firmware?

@Haze Vaporizers Just FYI, I dont think you have a version number on your download page for the firmware. Would be helpful.

https://www.hazevaporizers.com/square-firmware/

Yep - I installed the latest firmware yesterday also. At first I thought that was the issue but it was working perfectly fine even after the firmware update. Pretty sure its an electrical short of some sort. It still works intermittently but sometimes makes the electrical sound then won't work... definitely have to send it in.

Stdudez,

Petunia Vanish

Just checking in, and reading through the thread.

I'll chime in on the technique I've settled on for me.

Now that I've had the vape for a few weeks, and I've developed a feel for how it works, I've simplified my technique to the following.

Fill pods with medium grind, no tamp, just level it off
Set temp at 440
Press button till it turns green
Wait 2 secs
If it's a new pod, draw for no more than 3 secs, and 2 is probably better
As the pod ages, draw length can be increased, until finally there is no more vapor

That's all I do now. I just control what I get by how long (and how hard) I draw. I never bother changing the temp. 440 does it all for me, now that I can 'feel' the vape better, just due to experience with it.

I get a lot of draws out of a pod. The first 5 draws are the best, but it isn't until the very end that they start to taste kinda bleh :) But I get 15 or more draws, and often move on to a fresh pod just because I want the taste. ABV is nicely brown, usually darker in the center.

This method seems to be unaffected by the type of herb, or dampness/stickiness. I always get good vapor, sometimes too much if I forget to use short draws at the beginning!

I'm not sure what the Square is measuring when you set a temperature. I've noticed that if I've just finished off a pod so it's pretty warm, and then I move to the next pod, the heat up time will still be very short as if the pod were already hot. Then other times on a pod that is definitely hot because I just had a few big draws from it, the heat up time will be long.

Anyway, I've found a technique that is easy for me and very consistent, so I figured I'd share it.

I'm going to try this, and start @ 440 from the start.:razz:

Petunia Vanish,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Curious - did you install the new firmware recently? Also, when you say burned up - what are the symptoms?
Sorry, burned up is a bad description.

A few days ago I was hitting some concentrate at 480 and all of a sudden no heat. I tested coil with cover off, safety engaged, no heat. Tried all temps, restart, etc. Nothing. Put in new coil. Great for two day then same scenario. Coil looks fine it just does not get hot.

My Square has been working perfectly for a month or so since it came back from Haze. I have not done anything but change temps.

Stdudez

Strange - well when my first coil stopped working that's exactly what happened. Just no heat all of a sudden - and that was shortly after I just got dabs in and started using 480 temps.

Haven't done much dab since but I wonder if the 480 temps are detrimental to the unit long term. I know the unit itself gets pretty hot to the touch with prolonged dry herb use around 430 - and I did quite a bit of dabs one night with some friends and it was fireball hot.

Not sure :hmm:

Yannik

Mine hasn’t worked anymore after ca. 30 bowls with maybe 1/4 combustion. Mostly at 210/220 degree Celsius, but it was because of the too fast drawing in the beginning. Nontheless quite pity.

Yannik,

wastedpotential

My Pro came back from service last week, and WOW, what a difference. I have finally had the great experience others have been reporting. If you are not getting the WOW factor yet, please check with Haze and they will make sure you are taken care.

I had sent it in once before, for the original seal issue. But I was still getting poor performance, so I contacted Haze again. It did not seem to be the same product that others were reporting. Haze had me send it in. I don't know what they adjusted, but I am now getting very consistent flavor and vape. If I hadn't asked for assistance, I would have thought the Square was less than average. It's because of the great reviews on FC that made me realize there was something wrong with my unit. I'm so happy to recommend this thing now.

I have my Dual being serviced now, but now that I have tasted convection, I wonder if I'll ever use the Dual again. Though, maintaining a clean Dual was much easier.

Looking forward testing concentrates more, though I might keep it at 460 after seeing possible coil issues at 480. And boy does this get hot.

ginolicious

Not sure how some are getting 2-3 trays before cleaning. I only own one tray. I iso wipe the lids after every tray. Tried to vape a pod for the second time and the first day it was seeing vapor. Second day I couldn’t see any. Bowl was almost spent. But I’ve noticed that with the bud I have it creates a lot of resin that I need to clean the top lids every full tray. Tried to go two trays or two full bowls out of one bod before a deep clean. Can’t do it. Restriction was bad. Had to pull even harder and faster. And all I could feel was warm air and no vapor. So moral of my post, inn going back to one pod each and then a deep clean.

ginolicious,
Reactions: django7

Djsleepy

The more you deep clean the better....and don't forget to soak your silicone including pod tray ....

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

I don’t get how you can do 5 loads per bowl and still get good vapor peoduciton. I know I’m barely seeing any vapor at 400 and 410 on my unit. And I’ve wiped with iso after the bowl.

ginolicious,

ginolicious

I envy those who can get 5 loads per chamber before having to clean. That’s something I’m yet to achieve. Feels like I’m wasting bud.

wastedpotential

I envy those who can get 5 loads per chamber before having to clean. That’s something I’m yet to achieve. Feels like I’m wasting bud.
Are you putting small screens on top of the pods.

I'm finding it is much easier to keep clean because the biggest clog seems to be coming from the flower material. If we can keep that from collecting on the airflow screen.

Top Bottom