Discontinued Haze Square

Just to confirm the screens go in first and then the other lid that goes on top with the lips face downwards right?

Is there any special way to put everything back so it doesn’t move a millimeter? Cause I use the loading tool and figured that’s all I needed.

I feel bad man. I took mine apart and put it back together this weekend (just to check; resin buildup from a couple of combustion events). Put it back together freehand (was an absolute bitch, and forgot I had the tool) and it’s hitting better now. Bigger clouds at 360. Can’t test lower til the Mac app drops

I don’t know why it’s hitting better after reassembly, it is.

Screens go in first. Flat closed part facing the housing

Make sure the other half of the screen matches just right when you put the silicone back on.

Sucks that it could just be that finicky though

Brassmonkie369,

ginolicious

I must not be doing something properly sadly. So frigging confusing.

And I’m assume you can flip the screen part which ever way as it’s universal on both sides?

Guess I’m going to take it apart again tonight and make sure the lids are perfectly aligned.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

Squatch

Exister
I take mine apart and deep clean every couple days (I like to keep my stuff clean). Once it’s all apart I rinse the rubber piece under water, throw all the stainless pieces in a container of alcohol and let it sit for like 10 minutes.
When I take out the stainless screens I wipe em down real good and then hold it up to the light to check for any obstructed holes...if I find clogged holes I have a little tool I poke em out with then rinse em in alcohol again to make sure the clogs are gone. The other stainless pieces get a good wipe down and then I put it all back together.
After using the tool to put everything back together I flip the the whole tray over and push in to make sure the rubber gasket is under the center piece (you gutta really push to make sure they are seated). Then go around all the screens and push that rubber in around the screens until you can’t hear the stainless pieces clinking together (sometimes you really gutta push but eventually it will feel solid). I do it this way every time and have never had an issue with it not working well. Really work on that gasket around the SS parts until it sounds and feels solid.

ginolicious

I think I may be using the tool wrong now that I watched the original video of Haze the 11 minutes one.

I’m gonna try putting the screens in the gasket without the tool, snap them in place and then put the tool on top to then snap it all into place into the square. Originally I was putting the tool on the bottom, then put the gasket on top and then place it in. Hats probably why my shit ain’t working.

I’m not doing it that differently. I just use put the gasket on the tool before placing the screens into place. I clearly have to be doing something wrong with the actual screens in snapping them into place.

Last edited:

ChickenNugget

I think I may be using the tool wrong now that I watched the original video of Haze the 11 minutes one.

I’m gonna try putting the screens in the gasket without the tool, snap them in place and then put the tool on top to then snap it all into place into the square. Originally I was putting the tool on the bottom, then put the gasket on top and then place it in. Hats probably why my shit ain’t working.

I’m not doing it that differently. I just use put the gasket on the tool before placing the screens into place. I clearly have to be doing something wrong with the actual screens in snapping them into place.
I used the tool the same way you described and it seemed to seal ok.

ChickenNugget,

Djsleepy

Hey guys, I can't tell you how the repair went as I received a new piece (the side with the heater,battery,etc.) Today. I noticed it was not scuffed from rotating like mine was so I could tell it was new ....not the one I Sent in. I believe I received a phase 2 piece and if so can I can see on this phase they definitely fixed the seal and ceramic element seating issues....looks sweet! I am charging now and as soon as can I will let everyone how my performance is compared to phase 1 unit. So happy to have it back!!!!

ginolicious

@Djsleepy glad you got it back. Hope it works well for you.

@Mattyboo42 you have done a few deep cleans on your unit so far? And you’ve had no issues putting yours back together and performance was still the same?

I’m starting to think it could have been my weed causing the performance issue?

Latest update. Took it all apart again. And put it back. It’s really basic to put back together and not easy to screw up. But I did notice this, when I pushed hard around my gasket after everything was put back, mainly in the area of the air path, I can hear the screen crinkle or rub up against each other. Is this normal? Does everyone have this experience? I noticed that one screen can move a little in its slot where the other 3 are so much tighter and some screen parts look clogged yet I know it’s clean cause I just cleaned it. No one else having this issue?

Last edited:
ginolicious,

Squatch

Exister
@ginolicious Is the gasket sitting under the circular piece in the middle? You really gutta bend and twist it to get it to snap under where it belongs. I can hear the SS parts clanging together only when the gasket isn’t seated properly...as soon as I get everything pushed in nice and tight the clanking goes away for the most part.

ginolicious

Yeah I’m pretty sure it in there. I pressed firmly everywhere along this gasket. It seems like it’s in. Even when I shake the lid I cannot hear the screens rattle. But when I push around the gasket near the center I can hear a small crinkle occasionally but not all the time. @Squatch you say you get a small bit or notice sometimes?

I’m back boys. The above issues are still there with the gasket. But it don’t meant shit. Just took a nice pull, nice flavour and cloud at 325F. First draw got cloud. Mind you I used bowl 4. It’s never been used before. I’m storing my concentrate pads for now. Third hit I needed to do a tripple button method lol

Last edited:

Petunia Vanish

I remember a month or two ago haze said they will be making a how-to/demo/instructional you tube video..... Still waiting.....

I wish there was a fool proof guide to packing and uI remembersing the square. I've tried so many different methods with mixed results.

Do I pack tight? Do I grind it, use whole buds, or grind it by hand? What temp is the best? Haze says lower is better. People are getting clouds of vapor, so I pack it like them, I use the temps they say, with no results.

I packed a bowl "perfectly" or so I thought, only to use the whole battery, with no visible hits!!! So I took some weed out of the bowl, tamped it down, NOTHING!!

I don't know if my unit has to be sent back a second time, or what. I feel like a dick constantly being in contact with Haze seeming like a small child that can't get his Yo-Yo to work. I wish I knew what the factors are to get great results out of this thing.

Is my bud too wet? Let it dry, nope that didn't work. Maybe I packed to much? Nope, taking weed out and repacking it nicely didn't work. Temps too high?? Lower them. Nope. Temps too low? Turn em up. Oh shit dead battery.

Nothing has made me feel more like a mental midget than this vape. I love haze, I love the square, except the results I'm getting.

Maybe this is my issue. I packed a "perfect" bowl and had the same results as you. I've cleaned it and put it back together a few times.

Maybe you're right, something isn't right with the seal after a deep clean.

Last edited:
Petunia Vanish,

ginolicious

I dunno maybe I wasn’t drawing slow enough over the weekend. As I got some milky clouds at 325F. Only got about 3-4 hits and then had to step it up. ABV looked pretty cooked.

Fresh bud also dried out a bit in my mason jar. The dryer the weed is the bigger the clouds are at low temp I’ve realized.

Last edited:
ginolicious,
I dunno maybe I wasn’t drawing slow enough over the weekend. As I got some milky clouds at 325F. Only got about 3-4 hits and then had to step it up. ABV looked pretty cooked.

Fresh bud also dried out a bit in my mason jar. The dryer the weed is the bigger the clouds are at low temp I’ve realized.

I’ve noticed a couple things after a week’s worth of usage:

- I’ve only had combustion with button down orientation, so I’m a button facing up guy. I’ll do button down to really clear the bowl on my last hit at the 4th setting. Button up also lets me see the LED light so I’ll know if I’ve accidentally let go of the button

- Finer grind with loose, tamped 3/4 full bowls are giving me the best results. Gotta give enough space between the material for air to pass through

I’ve had repeatedly good results with these methods. They seem to be the way to go for me/my unit

Brassmonkie369,

Djsleepy

Good morning everyone! What a good morning it is.... I did couple of pods last night and just wanted to be sure no flukes so I've done one this morning. Wow ! I know I had a bad pcb board also had to have heating element lowered on phase one piece but this phase 2 is like night and daze lol!!!!

Nice clouds, phenomenal taste and high is unbelievable. I see why others having been saying how bad ass this vape is!!!!!!!
Only downfall is i still have delay with charging, but I charged it when it was hot (right after sesh) and I know someone previously said they thought it might not be recognizing when it's hot until it cools a little???? Any thoughts????? I am going to bring it up to Haze.

Finally, @Haze Vaporizers thanks for all the help. Third time was definitely the charm!!! Great product!!!!!! Great CS!!!

ginolicious

I know some of you are really feeling the finger bust method. I don’t know why that I do not enjoy. I’m more of a puff grinder which is basically a space case with a light tamp. Two bowls last night had me flying nicely. I stopped filling with the loading tool now. No issues. And never have any issues with button down. But I do wait a few seconds after the light goes green to draw.

@Djsleepy curious as to your method you used. Use a grinder? Tamp down a bit?

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

I know some of you are really feeling the finger bust method. I don’t know why that I do not enjoy. I’m more of a puff grinder which is basically a space case with a light tamp. Two bowls last night had me flying nicely. I stopped filling with the loading tool now. No issues. And never have any issues.

@Djsleepy curious as to your method you used. Use a grinder? Tamp down a bit?

I have some Gushers strain which is really sticky, let air dry overnight..was still somewhat sticky. I did a fine grind, with a lite tamp. I have gone back and forth between single and double pres s i believe the best flavour is one press method, double press method better high.

I also believe wetness or dryness of product, tamp, and strain may make how you pack, draw,heat,etc different every time.

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Stdudez

ginolicious

Yeah that sticky bud is was totally fucked me. I re upped with purple wreck and boy it was sticky. So I have it drying out in a mason jar. So I fully think sticky icky not the greatest for this vape. This is best suited for some dry herb. Probably why my first session with new weed was shit. Thought it was my vape yet nothing has changed except for the weed. Totally agree with you on the 1 press method. Taste so much better. May need to have a temp above 395F for me so I can fully finish the bowls.

I’m super happy yours is working now and you are happy. Now we have another individual contributing to this thread.

Side note, I need to get on some Sativa for the day time. I keep getting way too lazy with my bud.

When is everyone tapping out their bowl? When no more visible vapor? Sometimes I prefer not to step the temp.

Yeah that sticky bud is was totally fucked me. I re upped with purple wreck and boy it was sticky. So I have it drying out in a mason jar. So I fully think sticky icky not the greatest for this vape. This is best suited for some dry herb. Probably why my first session with new weed was shit. Thought it was my vape yet nothing has changed except for the weed. Totally agree with you on the 1 press method. Taste so much better. May need to have a temp above 395F for me so I can fully finish the bowls.

I’m super happy yours is working now and you are happy. Now we have another individual contributing to this thread.

Side note, I need to get on some Sativa for the day time. I keep getting way too lazy with my bud.

When is everyone tapping out their bowl? When no more visible vapor? Sometimes I prefer not to step the temp.
I’m calling my bowl kicked when I no longer get vapor at 395 with the button facing down

Stepping up temps from 360 (1st factory setting) I can get about 5 solid pulls from 360 and 2 each from settings 2-4

Brassmonkie369,

Djsleepy

No vapor/ flavor or if gets too harsh likes its close to combustion. Step up method

Edit: has anyone noticed that sometimes your square turns smooth like butter and other times like clickety clank ?

2nd edit: really important!!!!!!! I confirmed with Haze that the unit has another safety feature which is it won't charge if it's too hot! This could be why myself and others believe we had issues with charging when it didn't immediately recognize unit when in reality it may have been too hot to charge. I tested mine this morning and let it cool down first then plugged in, it recognized the unit with no problem.

Last edited:
Djsleepy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

junny89

any body got a haze dual and a square? can anyone tell me if the dual mouth piece fits the square?
desperate for a water tool for my square and cant wait 3 weeks from USA delta 3d!

ginolicious

any body got a haze dual and a square? can anyone tell me if the dual mouth piece fits the square?
desperate for a water tool for my square and cant wait 3 weeks from USA delta 3d!

I have both. I do not think they will fit. Haven’t tried though.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom