Discontinued Haze Square

Bretonkeefe

Update: I messaged Haze on here. They responded very quickly. Having me ship only the unit to them to inspect with high priority, sure sounds great to me. They even asked me to mail with it a sheet stating my name, address, FC forum name so they can respond directly to me about my device specifically!!! As well as my original shipping info they sent out to me so they can pair with their records I'm assuming. So far so good as far as customer service!! Not my first interaction with a member of @Haze Vaporizers but I am still very impressed!! Keep it up guys and gals!

As for the unit, I'll send it priority USPS tomorrow! They say if possible they will ship it back (or a new?!) the same day!

MonkeyTime

Guys I live in Wisconsin this weed is not damp lololol

I'm not sure which part, but it's been 90% RH where I live in WI, it's been far too damp for this vape lately. I store at 62% with Boveda, and it can just handle that right after a grind. Now that the weather is down in the 50's, it's not a problem.

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: Rasputin

Gr3atWhit3

I just want to pass along some information for those who may be awaiting their tracking. I went to my mailbox this evening and discovered that my Square had been delivered at some point this weekend, the thing here is I did not receive a tracking #. So for those of you waiting it is possible you will have one waiting in your mailbox or wherever you receive your parcels.
I will report my thoughts as soon as I’ve had a chance to enjoy some vapor from my new toy!

VapeMeister Supreme

I'm really happy with the Square so far.
Really well thought out and put together.
Had an issue with the mouth piece that came with it. The washer would not make a good seal so I wound up slightly Charing even at low temps. So what happens I turn the Square slightly over and the mouth piece was so loose it fell out like nothing and cracked. Luckily I had another. And long behold it worked the way it should, providing enough of a seal to allow proper air flow. Flavor is amazing. Still testing but was able to fully extract at low temps which is great.
Was a little annoyed at the initial experience with the bad mouth piece O rings.

Gr3atWhit3

While all of you were sleeping my Square completed it’s charge!
I must say that after reading all the posts and getting a Phase 3, having some understanding from all the members comments, this is a solid unit!
I’m waiting on the OS App but used the lowest factory setting and achieved vapor right out the gate! Smooth and WOW the taste is on point!
I am running the stainless steel pods they are noticeably heavier than the factory and understandably so. They are also ever so slightly thicker on the flange. I also loaded up an aluminum to compare, I think I may have received a better draw from the stainless pod. I feel I achieved better vapor. The only possibility I can see to qualify this is that the thicker flange giving it a better seal.
The aluminum did heat quicker because of its superior conductive ability over stainless. With that said the stainless may help with combustion.
One question : It seems my temp control is backwards - Higher temps + Lower Temps.... Will this be correctable once I get the App ? I thought I read that someone had this issue and once they connected they were able to fix it. Can someone confirm this please this is the only issue I think I see with my Square.

Nice Job HAZE!

Djsleepy

While all of you were sleeping my Square completed it’s charge!
I must say that after reading all the posts and getting a Phase 3, having some understanding from all the members comments, this is a solid unit!
I’m waiting on the OS App but used the lowest factory setting and achieved vapor right out the gate! Smooth and WOW the taste is on point!
I am running the stainless steel pods they are noticeably heavier than the factory and understandably so. They are also ever so slightly thicker on the flange. I also loaded up an aluminum to compare, I think I may have received a better draw from the stainless pod. I feel I achieved better vapor. The only possibility I can see to qualify this is that the thicker flange giving it a better seal.
The aluminum did heat quicker because of its superior conductive ability over stainless. With that said the stainless may help with combustion.
One question : It seems my temp control is backwards - Higher temps + Lower Temps.... Will this be correctable once I get the App ? I thought I read that someone had this issue and once they connected they were able to fix it. Can someone confirm this please this is the only issue I think I see with my Square.

Nice Job HAZE!

Wow! You got ss pods ! Did the ss pods come with unit or did you purchase separately ? So would you say the ss retain more heat than aluminum? Any difference in flavor? I'm still on the fence.

Djsleepy,
Reactions: dood44

Bretonkeefe

I'm not sure which part, but it's been 90% RH where I live in WI, it's been far too damp for this vape lately. I store at 62% with Boveda, and it can just handle that right after a grind. Now that the weather is down in the 50's, it's not a problem.
I'm not sure this makes a difference. Especially when the shatter and wax I use in the square also produces no vapor or effects .sending the unit today via snail mail :(

Bretonkeefe,

wastedpotential

And there goes my second mouthpiece.
I was applying a little coconut oil on the washers, hoping that would stop the rings from being pulled of MP, and it slipped in my hands. A whole 6 inches onto a granite countertop, and my mouthpiece is in two.

My first mouthpiece broke while IN the square storage slot after a drop off coffee table to wood floor.

The Square is masterfully engineered, but the mouthpiece does not seem to be working out as well as planned. And when having a good seal is vitally important, having a faulty MP seems to kill the vape.

I'll have to wait till my Dual comes back from the shop before sending my Square back for exchange or repair. I feel like I need to try out a newer phase (was phase 1) to make sure my Square is working as it should.

Here I thought that only the coils would need to be replaced once in a while, and eventually the battery, yet it's the mouthpiece (at $10) that seems to be the weak link.

django7

I just keep it stuck in the mouth hole instead, not ideal, but keeps me from losing it. I am not optimistic I can ever get the storage slot to work right again, at the beginning of ownership it was awesome, now it's completely unusable.
Yes, the regular slot is a loose fit, and the storage slot is tight. I never bother using the storage slot. And I bought a spare mouthpiece because I will for sure lose or break one. It’s a weak design point.

buchee

Just got an email from Haze about my unit. It should be getting back from the engineer and hopefully on it's way back to me. It originally arrived to me on June 26 and would not charge. I sent it back to them on June 27 and it arrived to them July 3. They have been in touch with me throughout. I'm nervously looking forward to getting my baby back....baby back...baby back ribs. :clap::rofl:

Djsleepy

And there goes my second mouthpiece.
I was applying a little coconut oil on the washers, hoping that would stop the rings from being pulled of MP, and it slipped in my hands. A whole 6 inches onto a granite countertop, and my mouthpiece is in two.

My first mouthpiece broke while IN the square storage slot after a drop off coffee table to wood floor.

The Square is masterfully engineered, but the mouthpiece does not seem to be working out as well as planned. And when having a good seal is vitally important, having a faulty MP seems to kill the vape.

I'll have to wait till my Dual comes back from the shop before sending my Square back for exchange or repair. I feel like I need to try out a newer phase (was phase 1) to make sure my Square is working as it should.

Here I thought that only the coils would need to be replaced once in a while, and eventually the battery, yet it's the mouthpiece (at $10) that seems to be the weak link.

Sorry to hear..... I think everyone should have extra battery, mp, orings, and coil they are crucial to function...if one goes out and you don't have back up its done... I got extra mp when I heard it was ceramic, as well as coils with original order ...now got extra battery and waiting on orings....

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
An observation. Currious if anybody else notice anything similar. I keep mine in the garage, well my wife keeps my stuff in the garage, in the morning when I first use it the whole unit is very cold and I find I don't get much vapour but the effect is still very strong. In the afternoon it could be a hundred degrees in the garage or 90° where I'm working and I noticed that I get massive clouds.

Bretonkeefe

Update: I have not shipped my unit back yet, I connected to the app and changed temp settings and it seems to be drawing vaper. I will monitor and rest different temps.

I'll be in touch with haze but may intimately still mail it back just to be sure!

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
There are ton of products in the market which provides glass mouthpiece and even glass vapor path. Some people love these due to the taste factor. We provided stainless steel mouthpiece with the Dual V3 and we had customers complaining about the metallic taste and also losing the mouthpiece. We provided glass with Dual V3, we got customers complaining about breaking it and losing it. With the Square, we decided to use Ceramic so it can be in between the two and yet looks like it is still considered the weak link :)

I think we should focus on no mouthpiece vaporizer concept next time :)

I am just joking. We will work on this to enhance the mpc experience.

P.S: I have some PMs to respond to this afternoon so those who PMed me but did not get a response yesterday, please know that I will get to everybody by this evening. Still shipping out Phase 3 units as of today.

ginolicious

Haze is making us go legit native haha!!! Actually I did try hitting it like that when I first got it. Didn’t work too well. I make this post for satire purposes and alleviate some tension in this thread.

I am a firm believer of wiping my lids occasionally with ISO on q tip or an ISO prep pad. Do that every so often and I do not need to do deep cleans as frequent. Great habit to get into.

wastedpotential

I really like the ceramic, and the curved design is a nice touch. But it seems to have it's weakness.

Maybe it's not the ceramic that is the weak point, but the need for o-rings? What if, like mentioned by someone earlier in this thread, it was a 'half-turn' screw-in type of mouthpiece?

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
I really like the ceramic, and the curved design is a nice touch. But it seems to have it's weakness.

Maybe it's not the ceramic that is the weak point, but the need for o-rings? What if, like mentioned by someone earlier in this thread, it was a 'half-turn' screw-in type of mouthpiece?
Good idea and worth exploring for sure. I will bring this up in our next meeting.

Easywider

Simple is the way

Yes !

Ceramic mp = :)
0-rings = :bang:
Turn and lock or magnetic seating = :rockon:

Gr3atWhit3

Wow! You got ss pods ! Did the ss pods come with unit or did you purchase separately ? So would you say the ss retain more heat than aluminum? Any difference in flavor? I'm still on the fence.
So just to clarify NO I did not get the SS pods in the box with my Square. This was a separate purchase I made when they became available. It just so worked out they were shipped and arrived together.
As for holding more heat, that’s a possibility but again aluminum is the better conductor. The taste seemed to be equal between SS and aluminum.

Djsleepy

Haze is making us go legit native haha!!! Actually I did try hitting it like that when I first got it. Didn’t work too well. I make this post for satire purposes and alleviate some tension in this thread.

I am a firm believer of wiping my lids occasionally with ISO on q tip or an ISO prep pad. Do that every so often and I do not need to do deep cleans as frequent. Great habit to get into.

also after doing iso ...blow out.... best You can.... ss screens I so loosens stuff up...but I have found a good blow on it opens up holes better!

Djsleepy,
Top Bottom