Discontinued Haze Square

Momor

I think we shouldn't have to go this high on temps to get good results.
I'm on Mac so I haven't played with temp settings yet but I think I'm gonna try with a friend's laptop.
Some members here have good results with low temps and a single press so I would like to be part of this gang.
I also don't like that rattling noise, it feels weird (could live with it though if the rest was all good).
Could be that the units with the rattling noise have some kind of defect in power management ?
Other members with same kind of "problems" (rattling noise and high temps to get the square working) ?

Momor,

Djsleepy

I'm on Mac so I haven't played with temp settings yet but I think I'm gonna try with a friend's laptop.
Some members here have good results with low temps and a single press so I would like to be part of this gang.
I also don't like that rattling noise, it feels weird (could live with it though if the rest was all good).
Could be that the units with the rattling noise have some kind of defect in power management ?
Other members with same kind of "problems" (rattling noise and high temps to get the square working) ?

Check the battery compartment there is a piece of ceramic sheeting under battery it also goes up against side i believe to prevent rattling as my phase two does not rattle and has sheet where as my phase 1 rattled and I repositioned sheet and it took care of problem. This is just an observation not a declaration that this will fix all rattling. Hope it helps!

ginolicious

Definitely do not need high temps to have a good session.

Last night I did a full session at 375 the entire time and it was unreal. Was a step up from my usual 350 session.

wastedpotential

I had to replace my mouthpiece due to the original slipping out of the storage. I think it was using the older, thinner O rings, because the new mouthpiece has rings that seem to now get stuck in the storage hole.

I'm now leaving the mouthpiece in place, no longer 'storing' it.
I'm still on the fence with this vape. When it works, it's great, but the small issues (inconsistent performance, loose mouthpieces, seal issues, extra cleaning steps of many pieces, and difficult opening lid to access pods) all build to reduce my love of this vape.

Other than the mouthpiece, one of my biggest issues is the tightness of the lid. I understand it's good that it's tight, as it gives a better seal. But, it is too difficult to easily open without the risk of spilling the pods. And arthritic hands shouldn't even bother trying.

wastedpotential,
Reactions: Easywider

Easywider

Simple is the way
The mouthpiece has been my biggest gripe with this vape, since week 2 I have not been able to use the my mp in it's stock form as the original supplied 0-rings are too small. Haze posted they would replace our too small o-rings when the new ones arrived in 2-3 weeks ( this was 2-3 months ago ) I can only guess the new ones arrived since people are now complaining that the o-rings are too big. I'd shut up and stop complaining about this ( i think its my 4th post on the matter ) If I could just find a replacement, Ive been to 4 different hardware stores and nobody seems to carry a size small enough. I've contact Haze trying to find the size and they can't tell me. I can order a replacement set of o-rings from Haze to the tune of $16CAD ( because shipping ) and I'm still not guaranteed a perfect fit. Such an advanced vape and I'm stuck using a silicone sleeve in my air path to mate my MP with the Square. :hmm::myday:

Other then this, Im really loving this vape. I say it's the illegitimate love child of the Grasshopper and a Mighty. :rofl:

Easywider,
Reactions: mfw0mb

Bretonkeefe

Hey guys I just got my Square Pro yesterday. Got a few questions after playing around with it a bit.

I was in Phase 3 of the ordering, it looks slick as hell but I believe I'm having some issues with a proper seal?

When I have it all loaded up and ready to go I can see all the way through to the other side of the device and am either getting no vapor or very very little. I am only using the preset temp, the highest one. But I am headed to work to use my PC to change that.

If anyone has experimented with different temps for both dry herb and concentrates, specifically shatter and wax, hearing your experiences would be great!

Bretonkeefe,

ginolicious

There should be no seal issues for phase 2 or higher. Haze ensured that this was corrected after phase 1.

ginolicious,

MonkeyTime

There should be no seal issues for phase 2 or higher. Haze ensured that this was corrected after phase 1.
I don't have the time for a long, proper post, but I believe they were only referring to the seal at the heater.

The more I use my 1st phase, but sent in for adjustments unit, the more I think it's the entire path that may have "seal" issues.

Mine is still very inconsistent, and what I point to most often is the large silicone pieces in the top and how they're seated. Same bowls after a disassemble/reassemble can have drastically different results. And that's after I started paying attention to this and heavily inspecting them.

I may be troubleshooting with CS soon...

Love it when it's hitting, but even good sessions leave the material less than fully spent. Move it to my Mighty or F2 and still get clouds :\

ginolicious

I can't reiterate this enough...pack to the top with the lightest tamp possible. I'm getting great results at any temp now with full extraction and no hotspots.

I agree.

I toss in a stir once and a while. Just for the hell of it and because I can. Not needed but I do it anyways. It’s a new routine/ ritual for me.

Bretonkeefe

Then I must have a seperate issue all together. Unfortunate. I'm not getting any vapor, and I'm not feeling any effects as I would normally when consuming my materials. It heats up the bud and cooks it until it's brown while I try getting vapor, no vapor no effects but it's wasted my herb and my wax and my shatter. I'm very dissatisfied and would like a working unit! Can someone from haze please reply I've sent emails as well

Bretonkeefe,

frank grimes

Then I must have a seperate issue all together. Unfortunate. I'm not getting any vapor, and I'm not feeling any effects as I would normally when consuming my materials. It heats up the bud and cooks it until it's brown while I try getting vapor, no vapor no effects but it's wasted my herb and my wax and my shatter. I'm very dissatisfied and would like a working unit! Can someone from haze please reply I've sent emails as well

Make a video of your whole session from start to finish So that we can better troubleshoot.

frank grimes,

ginolicious

Are you drawing enough air in the device? Are you drawing hard enough and slow enough. You need to take big ass draws at slow speeds to allow enough air to pass through the bud at a slow enough speed to create vapor.

I assume your trays and silicone are all properly inserted and so forth?

ginolicious,

Bretonkeefe

Are you drawing enough air in the device? Are you drawing hard enough and slow enough. You need to take big ass draws at slow speeds to allow enough air to pass through the bud at a slow enough speed to create vapor.

I assume your trays and silicone are all properly inserted and so forth?

Yeah everything is inserted properly. Question about the bud, maybe I'm putting too much in at a time? I shouldn't pack it tight, correct, just sort of fill the space with flower and don't tamp it down?

Edit: Still haven't gotten to a PC to change temps, I'm on highest setting and drawing slow but hard. Trying different types of draw, maximum vapor produced is minimally visible.

I'm s
Nothing beats the first hit off this thing. The dense feeling vapour. The beautiful taste. Man I’m a hog and always have to start the bowl first haha.
I'm so jealous!! My square is not working !!

I’ve been lurking in the background for a bit now but wanted to come out of the shadows and say hello to everyone, and let Haze know I appreciate their customer service.
I’m awaiting my email for my Phase 3 Square and look forward to being able to share some user stories of my own. I do have a Haze Dual V3 and absolutely love it! It’s a real workhorse.
Hey let me know when you get it. I have my phase 3 and it's not working properly. Haze?? PM me!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bretonkeefe,

ginolicious

Yeah everything is inserted properly. Question about the bud, maybe I'm putting too much in at a time? I shouldn't pack it tight, correct, just sort of fill the space with flower and don't tamp it down?

Edit: Still haven't gotten to a PC to change temps, I'm on highest setting and drawing slow but hard. Trying different types of draw, maximum vapor produced is minimally visible.

Cannot tamp at all. And you need to dry your bud out a bit too possibly

ginolicious,

Bretonkeefe

I've never had this much difficulty vaping any product before and I'm tired of trying to get it to work and burning through all this bud. It's not very economical if you can't even get vapor to get the THC out of the plant. I know, I know, everyone else isn't having issues but I feel I have a bad unit. @Haze Vaporizers can you PM me to help troubleshoot, if not exchange for another unit that works? Thanks much!

Make a video of your whole session from start to finish So that we can better troubleshoot.
Whole session? The session never started! But it sure burned my weed up. The unit seems to be working properly. The coil burns .the weed freaking burns, and I'm drawing in and can't get any medicine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bretonkeefe,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom