Discontinued Haze Dual V3

woolspinner

I did a search and could not find:

Tips on reducing concentrate leaks.

Maybe oozing is the norm when using electric vaporizers? I find that unless I keep it horizontal, it oozes around even the new v3 lids. This is QWISO that is either shatter-like at room temp, or sappy. Sappy rosin responds the same.

Since I neither want to clean up the ovens after, or waste material, I thought I would ask for tips. The lids are on correctly front to back, but maybe I need to check for a particular look to the sides to guarantee a seal?

Do I have to use a pad for material like this?

woolspinner,

dantheman420

@woolspinner Wish I could help, can't get my hands on any shatter yet. Damn it Oregon get your crap together and get concentrates available. Last I heard even medical patients no longer have access to concentrates here until the laws are fixed, hopefully April 1st. Black markets are typically bad, but getting the government involved in things is a mess as well.

Sorry got off topic there. Anyway my V3 arrived and I got a little scare :(. I had read on here to clean everything and soak silicone pieces in coconut milk. So I did a good cleaning and soaked the silicone cap, I failed to realize that the heater lids were also held on by a piece of silicone and didn't soak that piece. I packed a can and got some nice flavor with a little vapor on level 1, when I went to level 2 I started getting more vapor, but also a little plasticy burn type of taste, by level 4 I could smell hot silicone.

I got nervous. The effects produced from the rather small amount packed into the can was AMAZING:ko:, the taste was awful:cry: I watched the cleaning video and realized I hadn't soaked the silicone piece holding the heater lids. I did a 5 minute burn off on heat 4 for each oven and soaked the silicone piece. I packed another can and ZERO plasticy taste, just smooth tasty vapor. There was still a slight hint of silicone smell, if I stuck my nose right up to the unit, on level 4 but none made it into the vapor path.

I've had a few more cans since and I LOVE this vaporizer, the silicone smell is gone, the cans are more convenient than I even imagined (ordering more very soon), flavor production is great, amazing results from small amounts using the can, huge clouds using the cut screens with a nice 0.3 packed, dual heaters is fantastic and super convenient, can't wait to try concentrates.

There really isn't much to complain about. If I was to nitpick I'd say the unit is a little on the larger size, although super ergonomical when held properly, also kinda heavy although the weight is properly distributed so it feels nice in your hand. The batteries were also larger than I expected, but two extended batteries will last most people an entire day. I got three, approximately 20 minute long, sessions (and I take it to level 4 for full extraction every time) with the standard battery. Approximately four 20 minute long sessions with the extended battery.

Loving it :D

brub

Just wanted to mention that i got my Haze V3 last week. Took about 14 days to get it as I live in Canada and it took a few days getting through the border., plus and unexpected 90$ in duties and taxes. I won it through a competition they were holding which was awesome, but didnt expect the duty/taxes charges. I won a flowermate about a year ago and didnt get charged anything so i was slightly surprised when i had to pay for this one. I asked Haze Tech if they would be so kind as to reimburse me for the unexpected charges but they never answered my email; not even to say no :(. My Wife is pissed, thanks for the agro Haze! :p

So far I'm liking it. Tried some concentrates in there, works very well and you get some nice thick vapor. dry herb is great in the cans, although i havent tried the screens yet. I find the ABV is a lot darker though than what i get from my Crafty and Volcano; it's like a dark brown, compared to the golden color from the S&B products. Also the vapor quality and flavor isnt as good as the S&B products but overall it's still very good. I'm loving the 10 year warranty and the battery life is awesome! It does tend to get quite warm though and hot in some places around where the compartments are located. I did burn it in with some ABV but even after like 3-4 burn-in's there was still some strange flavor but it is lessening over time. Packing loose and not to the top of the can seems key to keeping the draw resistance down. Overall I like it quite a bit :).

Note:
2 days after receiving the Haze my Crafty died, how's that for timing? :p

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Just wanted to mention that i got my Haze V3 last week. Took about 14 days to get it as I live in Canada and it took a few days getting through the border., plus and unexpected 90$ in duties and taxes. I won it through a competition they were holding which was awesome, but didnt expect the duty/taxes charges. I won a flowermate about a year ago and didnt get charged anything so i was slightly surprised when i had to pay for this one. I asked Haze Tech if they would be so kind as to reimburse me for the unexpected charges but they never answered my email; not even to say no :(. My Wife is pissed, thanks for the agro Haze! :p

So far I'm liking it. Tried some concentrates in there, works very well and you get some nice thick vapor. dry herb is great in the cans, although i havent tried the screens yet. I find the ABV is a lot darker though than what i get from my Crafty and Volcano; it's like a dark brown, compared to the golden color from the S&B products. Also the vapor quality and flavor isnt as good as the S&B products but overall it's still very good. I'm loving the 10 year warranty and the battery life is awesome! It does tend to get quite warm though and hot in some places around where the compartments are located. I did burn it in with some ABV but even after like 3-4 burn-in's there was still some strange flavor but it is lessening over time. Packing loose and not to the top of the can seems key to keeping the draw resistance down. Overall I like it quite a bit :).

Note:
Welcome to the fam! $90 for a ~$250 vape is a steal so she can't be that mad lol especially with that convenient timing (granted it sucks your Crafty died)
When I got my first Haze I thought it got a little oddly warm as well, nothing crazy but was a little unexpected... now I barely even notice the heat. Not sure if I just naturally hold it where the heat isnt or I'm just so used to it I dont notice it... Though in the winter it makes a nice hand warmer :p

George1151

I should be receiving my Haze V2
(supposedly) last one from vapeusa.com in the next next few days. It is help up in customs coming to Canada right now.

My question is if the new dry herb cans with the steel tops will fit in in my v2 or 2.5. They are cheaper than the older ones with the silicone tops. Are they better? If they are not worse then I really care about is if they fit.

scottg402

I should be receiving my Haze V2
(supposedly) last one from vapeusa.com in the next next few days. It is help up in customs coming to Canada right now.

My question is if the new dry herb cans with the steel tops will fit in in my v2 or 2.5. They are cheaper than the older ones with the silicone tops. Are they better? If they are not worse then I really care about is if they fit.
Hi George,

They will in fact fit. Have fun with it!

dantheman420

Welcome to the fam! $90 for a ~$250 vape is a steal so she can't be that mad lol...

Not to mention $90 Canadian is around $65 USD. It sucks to have to pay for things you think are free because you won them but the government gets its piece of everything.

A friend won a digital camcorder, like anyone uses those now that one is built into every smartphone. Anyway the game show 'gave' it to him with a quoted retail price of $800. He paid California and Federal income tax on the quoted $800 MSRP, California requires immediate payment before you get the prize, the feds get theirs at tax time. The going price for the camcorder online was around $180 on Amazon, he sold it on Craigslist for $100. He jumped through all those hoops and ended up breaking even on the prize he 'won'. He said if he had it to do over again he would have declined the prize.

Moral of the story, nothing is free.

Still loving my Haze, wish I had something to put in it.

scottg402

Note:

I also wanted to follow up on the lack of response. There was some confusion on who was answering you (cs/marketing) but you should have gotten something from marketing at this point.

At the end of the day we simply cannot control what customs will do. There is no rhyme or reason to what they will charge regardless of how we declare it or what value we declare. Just ask @Mainoffender about this. We declared his unit as a warranty return (should not be subject to taxes) and they hit him anyway. This true of all countries we ship to but I hate to say it but Canadian customs is one of the slowest we have seen on clearing goods and one of the most inconsistent on what they charge. Very sorry about this but again it's just beyond our control.

brub

I also wanted to follow up on the lack of response. There was some confusion on who was answering you (cs/marketing) but you should have gotten something from marketing at this point.

At the end of the day we simply cannot control what customs will do. There is no rhyme or reason to what they will charge regardless of how we declare it or what value we declare. Just ask @Mainoffender about this. We declared his unit as a warranty return (should not be subject to taxes) and they hit him anyway. This true of all countries we ship to but I hate to say it but Canadian customs is one of the slowest we have seen on clearing goods and one of the most inconsistent on what they charge. Very sorry about this but again it's just beyond our control.

All good here. I did get a response from you guys yesterday and some points for using at the haze store which is sweet. I think just a heads up to Canadian customers that there is a chance duties and taxes will have to be paid depending on how Jean-guy Frenchfry at the border is feeling :p. I can completely agree on the inconsistency of the Canadian customs and yes they are also slow as hell lol. All good on my side, I'm very happy with the quality of the vape and I'm putting very good use to it :). Thanks again Haze!

bobo305

have had my new haze 3 a week now, I love, love it! and Scott is the best cs dude ever. great build quality, nice vapor production, and nice, cool vapor, not harsh like most conduction vapes. I have a sensitive throat and the haze is perfect for me. couldn't beat the St.Paddy's price, it was a steal @$175

dantheman420

I totally agree bobo305. $175 was a really nice deal for St. Pattys Day. I never would have picked green otherwise, but I'm actually loving the color.

Now this question is for anyone who can answer. I'm curious. Is it normal for the glass mouthpiece to protrude out a little further than the stainless steel mouthpiece, when both mouthpieces are pushed all the way down?

I'm asking because I noticed, even when my glass mouthpiece is fully inserted, that it sticks up enough to make closing the unit difficult. The part that moves over the mouthpiece to shut off the unit gets pushed up by the protruding mouthpiece and causes a little stress on that hinge were the temperature control is. With the stainless steel mouthpiece I can easily turn that piece to shut off the unit and the stainless steel mouthpiece doesn't push up against that piece and put pressure on the hinge, you can't even tell it is there.

I imagine that the glass mouthpieces have more variencies than the stainless and maybe mine is a little flared or has a fatter lip than others. I just wondered if this is something everyone is experiencing with the glass mouthpiece or if they vary. I prefer the glass but I don't want to carry it outside of the unit and I don't like the way it makes the hinge get pushed upward when left in the unit.

Thanks for any feedback.

PS
I'm doing a test of the batteries. I've probably just been too hazed, but one of my extended batteries doesn't seem to be lasting very long compared to the other one. I'm tracking amount of time on each heat level for each session with a stop watch and logging it to see if I'm just crazy or if I got a bad battery. This could also be useful info for others on battery life, although it will obviously vary for a variety of reasons.

dantheman420,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I totally agree bobo305. $175 was a really nice deal for St. Pattys Day. I never would have picked green otherwise, but I'm actually loving the color.

Now this question is for anyone who can answer. I'm curious. Is it normal for the glass mouthpiece to protrude out a little further than the stainless steel mouthpiece, when both mouthpieces are pushed all the way down?

I'm asking because I noticed, even when my glass mouthpiece is fully inserted, that it sticks up enough to make closing the unit difficult. The part that moves over the mouthpiece to shut off the unit gets pushed up by the protruding mouthpiece and causes a little stress on that hinge were the temperature control is. With the stainless steel mouthpiece I can easily turn that piece to shut off the unit and the stainless steel mouthpiece doesn't push up against that piece and put pressure on the hinge, you can't even tell it is there.

I imagine that the glass mouthpieces have more variencies than the stainless and maybe mine is a little flared or has a fatter lip than others. I just wondered if this is something everyone is experiencing with the glass mouthpiece or if they vary. I prefer the glass but I don't want to carry it outside of the unit and I don't like the way it makes the hinge get pushed upward when left in the unit.

Thanks for any feedback.

PS
I'm doing a test of the batteries. I've probably just been too hazed, but one of my extended batteries doesn't seem to be lasting very long compared to the other one. I'm tracking amount of time on each heat level for each session with a stop watch and logging it to see if I'm just crazy or if I got a bad battery. This could also be useful info for others on battery life, although it will obviously vary for a variety of reasons.

Edit: Spelling
I'd have to check to be certain but that doesn't sound right to me. pretty sure they're the same for me

scottg402

Thanks for any feedback.

PS
Dan there is some tolerance in the glass but it should be close enough and not impact the closing of it. Get a hold of me in PM to discuss further on this and the battery (once you have the results). Thanks!

dantheman420

Dan there is some tolerance in the glass but it should be close enough and not impact the closing of it. Get a hold of me in PM to discuss further on this and the battery (once you have the results). Thanks!

Thank you for responding so fast.

I will do exactly that. I'm probably just crazy as far as the battery goes, can't remember if it was one session last night or two before bed:rofl:that battery is charging now.

dantheman420,
Reactions: scottg402

dantheman420

Do you charge two batteries at the same time or one? Try running them down alittle, then charging both "XL" at the same time. They might balance out. Can't hurt. Doc

I was charging two at a time when I first got it, since then I am usually only charging one at a time. I've always taken the battery out as soon as the red light comes on the first time, I read somewhere not to drain them completely. I should know by the end of tomorrow if the extended battery is lasting a normal amount of time.

In the meantime here are the results of my battery timing test today. I didn't use the battery that might have an issue, it was charging. I used a standard 2600 mAh battery and got the following results.

All bowls were approximately 0.2 grams of flower packed in the canisters.

All times include warming up (flashing light) unless otherwise noted. Time starts the instant the vaporizer is first turned on or heat level is increased. Level 1 refers to the lowest heat setting and level 4 the highest.

Session 1:*
Level 1 - 4 minutes
Level 2 - 2 minutes
Level 3 - 2 minutes
Level 4 - 3 minutes 20 seconds

*Started with partially vaped bowl and chamber preheated to level 1 due to swapping out dead battery mid session.

Session 2:
Level 1 - 14 minutes
Level 2 - 2 minutes 30 seconds
Level 3 - 2 minutes 10 seconds
Level 4 - 3 minutes 30 seconds

Session 3:
Level 1 - 9 minutes
Level 2 - 6 minutes
Level 3 - 3 minutes 20 seconds
Level 4 - 2 minutes 40 seconds

Session 4:
Level 1 - 6 minutes 20 seconds then got first red low battery warning

Summed up. 33 minutes and 20 seconds on 1, 10 minutes and 30 seconds on level 2, 7 minutes and 30 seconds on level 3, and 9 minutes and 30 seconds on level 4. Total running time from full until first low battery indication was 60 minutes and 50 seconds.

Pretty impressive for the standard battery.

Vapo

A charger like the opus bt3100 can be had for a little as just over $20.00usd
It's a great charger, and has a feature that can run a test on the full capacity of your inserted batteries as well. Telling you the true maximum capacity, displayed on the screen.

As well as manually setting the chargers constant current charge rate up to 2 amp. Which is a fast way to charge them in s hurry, although 1amp or .5amp charge rates would give much better battery service life.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252307267347&alt=web

Highly recommended charger.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have tired everything but am having increasing troubles with sticking mouthpieces. It seems to stick at the top of the Haze V3 air path where it holds the mouthpiece in place when extended. It started when I began vaping wax.

I have used a cotton swab with alcohol and cleaned carefully at the entrance to the air path where the sticking occurs. I've cleaned the outside and inside of the mouthpieces with ISO and the pipe cleaner brush. I've also gone through the entire length of the air path with the pipe cleaner dipped in a little ISO but after one session it gets stuck again.

What am I doing wrong? It seems like the residue keeps reappearing after just one session. Is there some crevice where residue gets trapped and liquified when the unit gets turned on again causing the sticking? I followed the cleaning guide posted earlier by the Haze rep but haven't been able to get this sorted.

The sticking definitely seems to be at the entrance to the Haze air path as simply inserting the mouthpiece can be difficult with a lot of residue caused friction. I frequently vape with the mouthpiece fully extended and wonder if that could contribute to clogging the air path faster, but looking into the path there is no visible residue.

After cleaning the mouthpiece hole with iso and a q-tip very well and soaked your mouthpiece in iso everything is squeaky clean. But that leave a little O-ring in there that gets "Tacky" after an iso wash. Remedy is to get a tiny bit of coconut oil on your fingers and rub it on the outside of the moouthpiece. This lubricates the O-ring and Viola, problem lessened tremendously!! Thank me later tomorrow after you try it ;) Oh yeah, You all need a $12
PNWT knock-off!
6D8E9E1D-82D5-4F2E-8927-26ED0054A7A8.jpg

5111C588-47EB-401B-89E9-6ABF8D6E3BC9.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom