Gulf Sadness.

lwien

bluntfaced said:
the native americans.
But that's not true. Native American Tribes fought against each other all the time over land and food resources, and land and food resources, to them, was power. Same things are true for tribes in Africa.

Can we overcome our natural instincts of seeking power over one another? I believe it has to do with our instincts to survive and that the country or tribe that has the power will survive, and those that don't, won't.

While I totally agree with you that a paradigm shift in our way of thinking about this would benefit humankind in total, our selfish nature in protecting ourselves, our country, our tribe takes precedent.

I really think that it would take something cataclysmic to change this.........an outside threat that will not only affect us all, equally, but one that we all believe is eminent. A collective mindset, imho, is damn near impossible, but I envy your idealism. It is something that comes with youth, but sadly, diminishes over time, and it's that diminishing of idealism which in itself, is a roadblock that stands in the way of this paradigm shit to occur.

lwien,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I think this shift in energy cycles coming up, like I said may give us the outside threat or the cataclysmic event you are speaking of. Maybe aliens will reveal themselves and unite human kind in a struggle against outside forces I have no idea

I totally get what you're saying about the idealism of youth and for a long time I never said anything but recently it feels as if a switch has been turned on inside me and I can't help but believe the same switch has been turned on in many other people. I used to believe what everyone told me how it's very complicated and I just don't understand and it's my youthful optimism but the solution is simple and it's staring us in the face. Everyone I talk to feels the same way too they just don't believe that everyone else can make the shift, it's baffling.

I think there is a conspiracy of maniac European satanists that have been trying to control man kind for there own benefit for a long time. They are using our fear and our animal instincts to do this and the only way to defeat them is to rise above this and embrace love completely. People are ready! I know it in my heart and it is my youthful optimism but that is good. If I can't believe that than what is the point? Many philosophers have told us to look to the youth for answers and I believe there is a reason for that.

I have so much to learn and I'm sure if I ever looked back on these posts in ten years I will roll my eyes

bluntfaced,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Even if it is not a concrete organization "maniac European satanists" as I so gracefully put it, at least the idea of a conspiracy like this gives human kind a common enemy that can not be defeated by violence as violence is exactly what they desire. It gives us an enemy that can be defeated only by making this paradigm shift. As you said a common threat will unite us, there is your threat.

bluntfaced,

lwien

bluntfaced said:
Everyone I talk to feels the same way too they just don't believe that everyone else can make the shift....
Correct, and it's that lack of belief that is one of the major roadblocks to it ever happening. So the question is, what will it take to turn it around, and the way I see it, the ONLY thing that could turn that around is an outside threat that is sooooo huge, that it is undeniable and...........imminent, and those aspects, "undeniable" and "imminent", just don't exist today, for we would have to believe that our survival is totally dependent on everyone else's survival in order to overcome our primal instincts.

bluntfaced said:
I think there is a conspiracy of maniac European satanists that have been trying to control man kind for there own benefit for a long time. They are using our fear and our animal instincts to do this .......
Ok, that's kind of out there, but consider this. We really don't need any outside forces to enhance and support our natural instincts. We do that just fine by ourselves. We've proven that since the beginning of time. The only difference between how we did it millions of years ago and how we're doing it today, is the tools that we use.

lwien,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Look to the original teachings of every major religion. Look to Ghandi, Jesus and Muhammad. They all taught love and acceptance and most of their teaching were about breaking away from our animal instincts. Look at the ten commandants they are all about not warring over material objects and lust. They are telling us we need to break away from our animal instincts. That we are more than just animals and this is the reason we were gifted with a consciousness.

I think we may have been on the verge of realizing our true potential but European power structures sunk their fangs into these good teachings, turned them around, made them about fear and have used them ever since to control people. How could I not believe this is some kind of conspiracy? Just look to the history of the papacy, the Knights Templar, the Illuminati, it's all there and we choose to dismiss it as whackadoodle conspiracy theory. In the grand scheme of thing 2.5 million years aint shit, look how fast we were evolving towards enlightenment and somehow it's been stunted. We have managed as a race to realize our destructive power completely but the evolution of out power love to has been cut short.

There are systems in place now that make it so people in supposed positions of power are forced to act out of fear instead of love and if they tried to change that they would be stripped of their power. John F Kennedy tried to bring it into the public eye and look what happened to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS7l6i4w11U&feature=player_embedded

bluntfaced,

purplechango

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews_excl/ynews_excl_sc3270

by the way i dont totally buy the hungry microbes story all the way either

and tribes or peoples have war'ed since the beginning of time.... take Romulus and Remus, Cain and Able.....

i know that these are to some fictitious stories(to some), but they are written examples in early history of waring people

purplechango,

purplechango

odd-fellows-motto.jpg

this is the reason this world is soooo difficult to manage...... there are way too many opinions

purplechango,

vapirtoo

All we can really do is make the most out of every second, enjoy the gift of life,
try to be kind as often as possible... and pass the whip after you toke up !:lol:.
Oh yeah, Fuck big oil.:2c:.

vapirtoo,

purplechango

vapirtoo said:
All we can really do is make the most out of every second, enjoy the gift of life,
try to be kind as often as possible... and pass the whip after you toke up !:lol:.
Oh yeah, Fuck big oil.:2c:.
wurd to that

purplechango,

reece

First they apologize to BP, now they ensure that we will never get to hold those responsible to account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORbqq_FHoM

Still think there's no difference between the parties? Still think all politicians are the same. Don't think voting (or not voting) has consequences that affect us all?

Then you are not paying attention. Or, if you are conspiracy minded, maybe the true conspiracy is to get you to believe your involvement doesn't matter.

You get the government you deserve.

reece,

lwien

Ya know reece, I think it's more of a general systemic problem with the way our government works. It literally takes millions of dollars in campaign contributions in order to get elected and when one hand is responsible for washing the other, shit like this happens.

lwien,

reece

Yeah, it is systemic. We have to get the money out of politics. But regardless, elections do have consequences. The Citizens United decision (SCOTUS) is one of them. If you think the money is a problem, now we have goob gobs (a technical term) of money being spent on influencing elections, and we cannot find out where the money comes from. The vast majority of this money is being spent against one party. Why is that? Why would these big moneyed interests spend so much trying to get one particular party into power?

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=F3626199-18FE-70B2-A826D636FB92A161

reece,

reece

Beezleb said:
Dont fool yourself, both parties spend more money than we ever see.

Do you believe policy will be the same no matter which party is in power? Do you believe we get the same type of nominees to the courts (including the SCOTUS) regardless of which party is in power?

I am not talking about money spent by the parties. I'm talking about money spent on behalf of, or to unseat, specific politicians by corporate, union, and possibly foreign interests. This money is not going to the parties or the candidates. Why is it wrong to know where this money is coming from? This is new. This is completely new. This is a direct result of the Citizens United decision. Things were very bad before, they're worse now.

Do you really think this is the same as always?

reece,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Saw this as I came on line just now. Made me realize how quickly things that are of great import in the news (and in the world) seem to fall off the radar as soon as the next calamity hits. Coincidently, at the same time as I saw this article, a BP commercial was on tv with a fisherman telling us how he's catching good shrimp, beautiful shrimp and that it's time to come on down and eat because all is well now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_sci_oil_spill_lingers

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom