Graphic material for VaporWare (Tupperware-style) evenings

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everyone,

I'll be traveling to Montreal before the end of the summer and it's been agreed with my host that i'd bring my vaporizer with me for a demonstration. My plan is to play a CD-ROM while i'll get busy assisting the guests who wish to experiment with it, most probably using a large bag combined to my Mist Maker humidifier for starters, then we'll try what it's like without the water toy. Finally, volonteers will be invited to evaluate how they like inhalating directly from the mouthpiece.

The vaporization equipment part is pretty much figured out, my problem is with the propaganda CD: i realize that we don't have a Pictures Gallery all the sudden! Well, we do have images all right but often enough they're not always clearly identified.

I wish people who never heard about vaporisers before can at least begin to familiarize with them by name... For example, i visited the Cloud's thread quickly and noticed the very same issue i just mentioned above, which forced me to create my own graphic contraption for the CD:

(unknown)

v2s86p.jpg

(identified)

You're shown this one because that's the best looking picture in my collection so far. It's nice to look at and has a professional touch to it - something i can't tell of all the samples i could gather so far...

So, this is how the idea of a forum reserved for this type of gallery came to me. Shouldn't we have one on FC, possibly linked to the corresponding threads?! In other words, why not have a visual catalog of the vaporizers discussed on FC?... One which would speed up the process of getting acquainted with the whole pool of available devices and provide graphical material for those wishing to make some propaganda at the same time!...

Some resellers are doing a reasonable job relatively to presentation, why not go the bold way on FC?!!

:2c:

Egzoset,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Egzoset said:
So, this is how the idea of a forum reserved for this type of gallery came to me. Shouldn't we have one on FC, possibly linked to the corresponding threads?! In other words, why not have a visual catalog of the vaporizers discussed on FC?

This is a good idea, but we have such a gallery already:

The Vaporpedia vaporizer gallery

If people would like to add to it, all they need do is send an email to vtac to get a Vaporpedia registration. Please be aware that if you clip images from elsewehere, as you've done here, there could be copyright issues. Although I've never been turned down when asking for an image to use with Vaporpedia, some manufacturers/websites might not want their images used.

This applies whether you post images on Vaporpedia or in a thread here, by the way.

pakalolo,

Egzoset

Banned
Thank you Pakalolo!

I found only two pictures out there that i'd want on my CD and just one has the glamour touch it takes to make people look closer: the Herborizer Sphere XL type of image is what i'm talking about...

Of course you're absolutely right but a lot needs to be done and time is precious so, euh... Well, thanks again for helping me out with that one.

I hear you clearly on everything you wrote.

:peace:

Egzoset,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
To be clear, my caution about copyrights was not meant to apply to your CD, it was concerning the posting of images in a public forum like this or a gallery like the one at Vaporpedia.

pakalolo,

Egzoset

Banned
I know, i got the idea entirely.

Since i did visit the page you refered me to i'd have to comment that links are provided to the manufacturer's web sites but not the FC threads, which i still find would be useful if that sort of tool existed.

Egzoset,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's worse than that, there's no consistency at all. I should have looked more closely before I posted about it.

It needs a lot of work, and while I'm willing to do it I can't afford much time right now.

pakalolo,

Egzoset

Banned
I'm a multitask man at the moment, trying to do many things.

Perhaps when the Christmass days arrive...

:ko:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom