Going on a Cruise from Fla. - what to do about vaping?

NYC Vape

Some background.... I have my Extreme on order - should be here in the next day or 2. I have a Vapor Doc (which I never use) and a Vapor Genie, which works, but I just find okay. I used the Volocano recently and just flipped over it. I would have bought one years ago, but never had the opportunity to try it, so I wasn't going to spend that much $$$ on something I hadn't tried.

This highs from the Volcano I got are simply amazing - they last hours and are the most "up" highs I have had. I just went with the Extreme due to cost and for the whip option.

So I am going on a Cruise soon from Florida. I would like to be smoke free and only vape on the trip. In the past I would just bring a one hitter, but after smoking even through a great bong, I feel like I don't like it anymore. The highs just seem tired and dirty in comparison to the Volcano experience.

I am wondering if the Extreme with all it's glass parts would be a bad idea to take on a plane (I have to get to Fla. from up north) due to breakage and the possibilty of traces of herb being detected by a dog (though I've never seen dogs screening)

As far as getting on the cruise, the security is not nearly so tight, and I'm not stressing that part, it mostly the airline travel.

If anyone from the West Palm/boca area has any ideas, or experiences PM me.

Ideally I'd love to get on the ship with a fresh unused small vape unit with a stash acquired after the plane trip, but that seems too ideal to happen.

Maybe people have an idea of how to get my VaporGenie to work better than with just bic lighters, and how to clean it for "safe" travel.

NYC Vape,

Beezleb

I second the magic flight launch box, also look into the vapor genie and iolite but the iolite may be an issue due to its fuel and price.

Double check on the voltage used on the ship if you use an electric vape.

Beezleb,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
When I fly, I take a Vapor Genie and a half bag of tobacco for cover. My story is I vape tobacco. I even clean the pipe and have it pre-loaded with tobacco. Yeah, I'm paranoid, but I haven't had problems so it is not all for naught. I don't take my Iolite. It does hold a liquid compressed gas: something the TSA worries about. My checked bag get searched occasionally, and I am glad I haven't had either a butane lighter nor a butane vaporizer in my luggage. Maybe they'd not be problematic, still, why are searching in the first place? My last flight had a sticker saying they'd had a peek. My VG - no probs.

macbill,

stinkmeaner

Carefull bro, I had a friend that was caught with herb on a cruise ship, needless to say it ruined his trip.

stinkmeaner,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
you can get on the ship w/bud (maybe), but they dog search the bags coming back to USA.

Hippie Dickie,

aero18

vaporist
Best thing to do is to bring along some green/golden dragon and drink up while you are there. You can toss the container after you are finished.

aero18,

NYC Vape

Thanks for the responses so far. Yes Hippie, when I have gone before, I tossed whatever herb was left and the cheap glass I bought on one of the islands before I got off the ship. I would think that is the dangerous part- getting off this ship with it incase one bought something in one of the islands visited.

Stinkmeanor - can you elaborate on what happened to your friend? Since they are in international waters mostly, I would think they would not even care, as long as one wasn't smoking up in a public place.

On another note, my Extreme just arrived. It's too early in the day for me to try it out, (will have to wait till after dinner) but I did blow up a bag with it (just air) for a test run. I like the features of the unit and the cost, but now I see why the Volcano costs so much money.

NYC Vape,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I know you dont want to but -

If you have at least a week, then look into watercuring some bud that you can roll into joints and smoke at your leisure on the ship. Watercuring removes all smell/taste (plus makes the smoke smooth as a babys butt) and can be easily disguised with some tobacco. This might be a viable option cause it costs less to toss some rolling papers or a couple of joints than it would be to toss a vape if you had to.

Edibles would be my #1 choice in this case if it were me, but its a little easier to go on tilt with edibles (which might be a bad thing on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean)

One thing I learned in the Navy about being out to sea - It doesnt matter where in the world you are, the closest land is never more than a mile away - straight down. :brow:

Enjoy your trip!

AGBeer,

Budz Bunny

If you dont want to have to buy something new I would take the VaporGenie. When I fly I just take the heat exchanger, cleaned really well, and a cheap throw away metal pipe (the kind that screw together) and disassemble it and place the pieces in different bags.

If you have the time and $, the Launch Box is the way to go. Its just awesome!

As you already know - DONT ATTEMPT to bring anything back through customs. Also, generally the crap you can buy in the islands is crap they sell tourists.

Budz Bunny,
Top Bottom