Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Couldnt agree more Charlie. I have no doubt in my mind that everyone who paid for an order will receive one.

As someone who is waiting for one... I wanted to make it clear that I am not worried about my purchase. I know with custom made things they take time. I would still order from him today even knowing that he has been out of contact. It happens from time to time when you run your own buisness.

I am excited about getting the vaporizer. I think it will suite me well for when I need to do a quick session and I don't want to wait for anything to pre-heat. I have been doing dabs right now and sometimes those just get me too medicated. This should work within the same amount of time but not get me too high for comfort.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

BittenBagel

So I recently received my Gn0me GonG WPA and Heat Exchanger from Calen and I am more than pleased! Fat milky vape hits! At least 2 nice hits per pack(depending your pack size). This is very simple to use, though I've combusted a couple times, but only when I was afraid I would. All you need is a torch but I'm sure you all know this. I use a Crème Brûlée torch and is fairly easy to get the hang of(at least for me). My order was pretty late so he threw in a Dry Mouthpiece Adapter along with one of his new Extract Pipe designs. Not sure if he is going to sell it yet but I'm sure he is perfecting it. For my first true vaporizer I am highly pleased with the milkiness and taste of the rips. This product get an A+ and I give extra kudos to Calen and his new company. Thanks Calen! The pictures will be below.

Heat Exchanger
th_HeatExchanger-1.jpg

WPA
th_WPAAdapter-1.jpg

GonG WPA X Heat Exchanger
th_WPAadapterwHeatExchanger-1.jpg

Dry Piece
th_Drypiece-1.jpg

Dry Piece X Heat Exchanger
th_DrypiecewHeatExchanger-1.jpg

Plant Extraction Pipe Full
th_Hashpipefull-1.jpg

Plant Extraction Pipe Close Up
th_Hashpipetopview-1.jpg

Plant Extraction Pipe Backside
th_Hashpipebackview-1.jpg

Nycdeisel

Hey there Bitten Bagel! Lookin good for a first post ;)

ah so you did get the mouthpiece for it! Very nice :tup:

Nycdeisel,

Bananiq

Nice first post BittelBagel. Have you received also some email from Calen? I still got no respond from him. Also, I wonder what is that plant extraction pipe :)

Bananiq,
What's up everyone? I have never done a video review before, but since there is just not much out there about the GnOme, and I have been so impressed with this little vap, I thought I would give it a shot. I did forget to mention in the video that I have been using ground herbs with my GnOme with great results. I use the same grind that I use in my Zap and my Iolite, and I think I get much better and more consistent results than using pinched buds. I do get a tiny bit of particulate on my tongue every now and then, but it's not so much to be annoying.

I got eight solid hits off the kief sandwich I pack here. Each hit was just as strong as the last, but by the eighth hit, it was definitely getting that popcorn taste. I will post an ABV pic after the vid. Enjoy!

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xs5kdj?animatedTitle=The GnOme Cone||"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xs5kdj?animatedTitle=The GnOme Cone||" width="480" height="270" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><a href="
" target="_blank">GnOme Cone</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/TheFCDude" target="_blank">TheFCDude</a></i>

Here's a pic of the abv after eight hits. The bud on the right is a little Red Dragon for comparison.

Rt82r.jpg

Edit: Damnit, not sure what is up with the html text around the video.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice vid, Dude!:cool:

I use that same torch.... it works fine for me, too.

:peace:

Stu,
Thanks Stu! I got a little chatty, I know, but I thought a full review was in order. I love this little vape.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I love it, too. Amazing taste, for sure.

I use mine a little differently, though. I didn't care for using the mouthpiece. What you said about a crack pipe is dead on, and I guess it seemed like it was just meant to be used with the WPA and my glass.

Do you toss a screen in there? If so does it effect the taste at all?

:peace:

Stu,
LOL. The first time my wife saw me using it, she did a double-take, and i had to show her the herbs to get her to fully accept that it wasn't some kind of crack pipe.

I actually didn't get the WPA with mine initially, but I definitely plan to pick one up. I've been pleased to find that I use mine with the mouthpiece quite a bit. I've been on vacation and home with the kids a lot, and it is really convenient to grab this thing and duck into the bathroom briefly and get nicely toasted. Makes playing Candyland much more entertaining, I can tell you. :ko:

I don't use a screen at all, just load the herbs right onto the worked-in glass screen. I've been surprised that I hardly get any particulate through the mouthpiece, just a couple particles here and there. Of course, with a soft tamp, I don't have to draw very hard at all to get nice vapor flowing.

TheDudeNextDoor,
Reactions: SD_haze
Good question, VapeNStone. I dropped the heater once on a concrete floor a couple weeks ago. I'm willing to bet that it cracked somewhere inside and then the heat finally spread it. I heard it go crrrrrraaaaaccccckkkk.... It was a bad sound and you see where that led. :(

With that said, I have changed the way I apply heat to the heater. Instead of heating up and down, I am twirling the cone in my fingers while keeping the flame still. This keeps the flame right in the center of the dimpled section rather than moving toward the smooth sides. I will continue to do this when I get a new heater just in case overheating was the problem, but the way the thing cracked, I think the drop is where it began.

Sucks big time though, especially since it is taking so long for Calen to put out new units. Looks like I will be waiting for awhile right as I was just getting into a great groove with this thing.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Oh Sorry DudeNextDoor, that is a huge bummer. Had anyone heard from Calen recently? I sent another request asking for an update on my order about 4 days ago, and have not heard anything back. I am a patient person... but I do kind of feel like almost 40 days from ordering with no product and no communication is not good buisness practices.

Slightly Medicated,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Ouch, i managed to only crack mine and i have been saving it until i order a new one.

That sucks.

vorrange,

Nycdeisel

Why dont you guys order off the site? I think thats how hes doing business now.

Im sorry about your loss dude, I know how that is.

Nycdeisel,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well same happen to mine.. Bought this new torch... and the first time i heard a cracking sound and after that it was repeated every time when heated till it broke... just like yours :) . Gnome classic is still going strong though and the oil dome too.. and it has seen very much abuse since i got it..

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom