Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
When was your order placed and for what? Some pieces take quite a bit of time. Communication is not always the best, but I've never had an incident where he has flat out not returned my messages.

Deadshort480,

alex h

I believe it was on August 29. I'm sure he took a break over the holiday weekend. Its just that since the beginning, I haven't gotten responses to my questions so its a little worrisome. I ordered the mini recycler. Hopefully he will update me today!

alex h,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Me either. As a matter of fact I placed an order last week and its supposed to be shipping any time in the next couple days. It was a holiday weekend, maybe that's y he wasn't answering.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Shmoo

Not to derail this thread, but what do you guys find to be the optimal water level for the honeycomb perc? I read some places to make the water level right at or even a little below the honeycomb. Is this true? Or should it be a little bit higher? Thanks! :science:

Last edited:
Shmoo,

AdmiralAlpacha

Just a heads up check your spam folder often, all my messages from Sam went there for some reason.

AdmiralAlpacha,

MPZ

Wow... I'm so glad I found this thread. I was planning on buying a Goldstein, but I'd much rather have a custom fritted bubbler for way less money! Especially when I can draw on the design experience of other FCers!

I'm going to have to go for one of these sidecar designs... now, dewarr or stemless.... Lol I will probably go for whichever costs less!

many of the vids in this thread seem to include carbon filtering- someone want to let me know how that affects the fritted pieces? Also, I was thinking about asking after a fritted carbon filter- would this add crazy amounts of drag? and would that really matter given that my vape (Thermovape Cera) already restricts airflow quite a bit?

Any input from those who already bought fritted bubblers is appreciated! (and thanks for what you have already posted)

alex h

Me either. As a matter of fact I placed an order last week and its supposed to be shipping any time in the next couple days. It was a holiday weekend, maybe that's y he wasn't answering.

Still no replies...anyone else have any luck getting in contact with Sam?

alex h,

Deadshort480

Wow... I'm so glad I found this thread. I was planning on buying a Goldstein, but I'd much rather have a custom fritted bubbler for way less money! Especially when I can draw on the design experience of other FCers!

I'm going to have to go for one of these sidecar designs... now, dewarr or stemless.... Lol I will probably go for whichever costs less!

many of the vids in this thread seem to include carbon filtering- someone want to let me know how that affects the fritted pieces? Also, I was thinking about asking after a fritted carbon filter- would this add crazy amounts of drag? and would that really matter given that my vape (Thermovape Cera) already restricts airflow quite a bit?

Any input from those who already bought fritted bubblers is appreciated! (and thanks for what you have already posted)

I've got two fritted designs from Sam. I use neither for dabs. My Dewaar bubbler is my daily user with my LSV. The tube/pipe will be used more often once I have my EVO.

The frit adds restriction, but not a ton, in my opinion. I wouldn't want to use a fritted filter or carbon filter because it will add even more restriction. I use an empty ash catcher on my Fritted Dewaar bubbler to keep debris out of the frit itself. It works fantastically and my frit never gets clogged. The tube/pipe has little chance of gathering debris when used as a Hydratube, but may catch debris when used as a regular water pipe. I would recommend a dry ash catcher for that as well.

The one ash catcher I use with no downstem and just a bit of water at the bottom to catch and hold on to debris. There is so much diffusion with the frit that I really don't want to add any more diffusion with the ash catcher.

Still no replies...anyone else have any luck getting in contact with Sam?

It was a holiday weekend. Sam may not even be back in the shop yet. If you just ordered on Thursday, you may have to be a bit patient. What what kind of questions did you have? I've put in an order and haven't heard anything in over a week. It's the name of the game. These glass blowers are usually busy blowing glass, not checking emails. To be honest, I don't even expect to hear from Sam until the following Friday after I order something.

Last edited:

MPZ

I've got two fritted designs from Sam. I use neither for dabs. My Dewaar bubbler is my daily user with my LSV. The tube/pipe will be used more often once I have my EVO.

The frit adds restriction, but not a ton, in my opinion. I wouldn't want to use a fritted filter or carbon filter because it will add even more restriction. I use an empty ash catcher on my Fritted Dewaar bubbler to keep debris out of the frit itself. It works fantastically and my frit never gets clogged. The tube/pipe has little chance of gathering debris when used as a Hydratube, but may catch debris when used as a regular water pipe. I would recommend a dry ash catcher for that as well.

The one ash catcher I use with no downstem and just a bit of water at the bottom to catch and hold on to debris. There is so much diffusion with the frit that I really don't want to add any more diffusion with the ash catcher.

It was a holiday weekend. Sam may not even be back in the shop yet. If you just ordered on Thursday, you may have to be a bit patient. What what kind of questions did you have? I've put in an order and haven't heard anything in over a week. It's the name of the game. These glass blowers are usually busy blowing glass, not checking emails. To be honest, I don't even expect to hear from Sam until the following Friday after I order something.

Gotcha- I would only really be using for my Cera (which is not the oil version btw), so I guess I don't really need a carbon filter to keep the frit clean. I might want one anyways though... thanks. I think I will go for a slightly tweaked version of the vaped & confused piece.

alex h

I had requested some custom mods for the mini recycler, but Sam was never able to verify whether it was going to be done or not. I also asked him for an estimate on the turnaround time and a few other general questions. I'm definitely glad that hes most likely using his time to blow glass instead of respond to emails, however, when I'm paying for custom mods, I'd definitely appreciate a little feedback. I will also be leaving town for business so thats why I wanted to know what turnaround time might be. I totally understand that it takes time to make a custom piece.

alex h,

Deadshort480

Being such a new piece for Sam, he may not be doing any custom mods to the recycler. If he charged you for them, they will be done. Turnaround time is difficult. Accidents happen, life happens, things get in the way. I've been waiting on a recycler from another maker. It was supposed to be done by August 1st. Not done yet, communication is fuzzy, still don't have a final price, and I too am going away a few different places within the next few months.

It's frustrating, but it seems to be par for the course when it comes to most blowers.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

JoeKickass

Not to derail this thread, but what do you guys find to be the optimal water level for the honeycomb perc? I read some places to make the water level right at or even a little below the honeycomb. Is this true? Or should it be a little bit higher? Thanks! :science:
I'm a bit late but this is actually an interesting question! The trick is that is completely depends on how far down the joint is under the honeycomb. The way to compare honeycomb hits across all different bongs is see how much water gets pulled above the comb when you hit it. I find 1/4" to 1/2" (after you hit it) to be the perfect balance of chug to flow. It sounds like a purring motorcycle :D

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
@alex h did you end up hearing from Sam? I have been trying to get back with him for a couple days and still no response. He's usually Johnny on the spot at returning my emails, plus he said my custom was scheduled for Friday and would ship on Tuesday after the holiday but, no word.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

MPZ

Sorry to hear about the communication void that seems to be happening. It's never fun to be left wondering- but it's probably something holiday related. Hopefully nothing bad happened in Sam's life- that's what I always worry about in these scenarios.

Back to the waiting game for all, I guess (I'm waiting for videos of the new pieces mentioned :))

MPZ,
Top Bottom