Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

Jonny2Ts

in too deep...
Wow, that open-ended stemline really doesn't serve any purpose, other than maybe cutting down on the chug slightly. Looks like something that should have been prototyped by the blower first IMO. So much intricate glass for such a small amount of diffusion.
Agreed.

Jonny2Ts,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Wow, that open-ended stemline really doesn't serve any purpose, other than maybe cutting down on the chug slightly. Looks like something that should have been prototyped by the blower first IMO. So much intricate glass for such a small amount of diffusion. Now if only we could get a video of that frit sidecar...
Lol. I don't do YouTube and shit but if somebody wants I will shoot a vid of the frit piece on my iPhone and email the video to someone else to post if that's a possible thing. So long as me and Sam get credit for our design (well my design and sams skills).

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
You can certainly do that (and I'd be willing to post it for you), but it's got to be faster and simpler to just upload to YT from your phone?
Lol. I don't do YouTube and shit but if somebody wants I will shoot a vid of the frit piece on my iPhone and email the video to someone else to post if that's a possible thing. So long as me and Sam get credit for our design (well my design and sams skills).

kingofnull,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Well I'll just put it like this, I'm far better with vaporizers than I am technology.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

SD_haze

PM sent :cool:

SD_haze,
Reactions: NewVape

XGerpXDerpX

I just used mine a few minutes ago, real smooth and gives a huge long slow rip, you can def use it more than one way, besides experience changing depending on how you hold it, I was putting the nano where mouthpiece goes and the mouthpiece where the stoppr is, stopper in stem, it was working.decent to, basically only sending vape through the little bit of water in the perc, its a fun piece

XGerpXDerpX,
Reactions: Jonny2Ts

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I just used mine a few minutes ago, real smooth and gives a huge long slow rip, you can def use it more than one way, besides experience changing depending on how you hold it, I was putting the nano where mouthpiece goes and the mouthpiece where the stoppr is, stopper in stem, it was working.decent to, basically only sending vape through the little bit of water in the perc, its a fun piece
Which piece do u have?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Alright, I have no idea if this will work. First YouTube video I've ever made. Just an IPhone vid. GBD FC Bub with a jetpack AC, the LSV, and some Cherry Pie. I love this combination.

Edit: Looks like it worked. Sweet

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Actually look closer. See the air bubble trapped between the perk and the water on the bottom of the bub? If you displace that bubble then the water is like 1/16 of an inch above the frit. Which is where it performs best. It was just cleaned in this vid so the bubbles are a little big. If its a little dirty and the pores in the frit are smaller then it's much "fizzier".

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Roger D

SD_haze

Actually look closer. See the air bubble trapped between the perk and the water on the bottom of the bub? If you displace that bubble then the water is like 1/16 of an inch above the frit. Which is where it performs best. It was just cleaned in this vid so the bubbles are a little big. If its a little dirty and the pores in the frit are smaller then it's much "fizzier".

rejected__science_bros_by_hezaa-d5101yz.png

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Unfortunately I believe that charge was on my bill as well. I'm not gonna bitch though because I got a really quality piece of glass for a really great price no matter how you look at it.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Did for me a few weeks ago.

That's really the main thing stopping me from placing an order. I don't get it. Is Sam taking the money he collects for out-of-state sales tax and handing it to the State of California, even though he doesn't actually owe it to them? Or is this basically just a hidden fee to bump up the cost of the admittedly very-low prices? I'd rather that he just charged what he wanted for the pieces and then DIDN'T charge CA sales tax to people outside California. Just seems like a false business practice, especially when so many people keep telling him that what's he's doing is unnecessary and not required by his state law.

That's really the main thing stopping me from placing an order. I don't get it. Is Sam taking the money he collects for out-of-state sales tax and handing it to the State of California, even though he doesn't actually owe it to them? Or is this basically just a hidden fee to bump up the cost of the admittedly very-low prices? I'd rather that he just charged what he wanted for the pieces and then DIDN'T charge CA sales tax to people outside California. Just seems like a false business practice, especially when so many people keep telling him that what's he's doing is unnecessary and not required by his state law.

I've seen this complaint a number of times. Not that it really applies to me, since I can't properly order from GBD anyways, but I'd love to see an official explanation for this.

I certainly wouldn't be happy being charged CA sales tax while purchasing from another country.

kingofnull,

loadthetrenchdawg

I've seen this complaint a number of times. Not that it really applies to me, since I can't properly order from GBD anyways, but I'd love to see an official explanation for this.

I certainly wouldn't be happy being charged CA sales tax while purchasing from another country.

My guess is a quirky law. In my state, for example, I am required to report and pay taxes on all internet sales/purchases. No one does. No one ever gets in trouble, but I'm sure a few people do report their purchases and pay. Maybe its a similar tax which is rarely enforced, but may be followed if you want. No idea really.

On a side note, my tube was supposed to ship out one Monday. Still haven't heard anything.:(

Edit: So this doesn't look open ended, Sam set up shipping dates that worked with some travel that's coming up. It'll be here on Monday/Tuesday:clap:

loadthetrenchdawg,
It's sort of pointless to guess about things on the internet, IMHO.

http://www.sba.gov/content/collecting-sales-tax-over-internet

Glassblowersdirect is not (currently) required to collect CA sales tax from non-CA residents.

[edit] The point is to inform, the % mark-up still puts most of their work under the price of much of the similar functional glass out there. It's always nice if you know gratuity is included before the check arrives. ;)

mrboote,
Top Bottom