• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

chimpybits

Standard wand, stock SSV tubing, with 14mm SSV WPA

The adapter just aids in a much quicker inserting/removing of the tube. I just tried mine without the water pipe adapter, straight tube, and it works fine and I have plenty of room to adjust.

I hit it the same as you describe, holding the wand up to the heater cover and one hand on the tube to remove it from the bubbler.

Try putting some books or a box underneath your SSV so it sits higher and requires less bending of the hose.
OK, I can do that.

I certainly don't mind the hand-held wand (except for my too frequently off-axis / loose heater cover requiring constant tweaking of the metal shim), but my other hand has to struggle to get a seal with the downstem at the same time. I need an easy 'donk' of the ground gg wpa with my one hand and my other hand not struggling with a hard angle of the whip and my loose heater cover. I'll put a donk on it. or something.

In terms of the whip, I find I'm now struggling with the inflexibility of the hose, but yeah it's just being bent around too much thanks to my otherwise poor setup (bad angle to get into downstem, bad whip length, AND height setups - me, the vape, the bub). Truth is, I like the opaque coloured whips and had previously decided to order this.

So, when I play another day (probably soon), I'll start putting some big books under there (as I have to jack mine higher w/o a wpa) and cut the whip as I feel and see what that suggests.

Then I expect I'll just happily order the SSV whip, keep the standard (hh) setup, order Mike's downstem, then get both a 14 and an 18mm wpa from 1 of the 2 places of some given angle. Which eventually I'll figure out through playing with books and whips! Aaaa nooo. No I'll just have to make up my mind. One is cheaper and I'm feeling that.

I want anything involving less "priming". So, I'll shorten my whip. I'm willing to accept the argument for the downstem cuts being below those of the showerhead's - so will order Mike's. I suspect I'd prefer the smaller volume with a ds. Not that I can test the effect of the stock lo-pro downstem as I have just the one option. That downstem of Mike's seems like a really nice ioffer icant pass up. Nothing against this bub and Sam.

In fact, I'm really loving what this has done to the whole experience. It's funny to think that we are inhaling vapour from bubbly water to get our kicks. Straight outta my teenage sci-fi visions of faraway lands and their peoples and their exotic methods of intoxication. Yep, having a good time over here.

chimpybits,
Reactions: Tweak

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Thanks Jam, for the ash catcher. It pairs perfectly with this bubbler. The LSV can milk this duo very nicely.

2012-12-05181041.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Glad you like the AC, I bought it a few months ago and it just sat there... looks nice on the FC bub, similar flare shape works well with the curve of the piece (I almost decided to keep it, but naaa) I'm glad it's making you happy. Seems my replacement custom stem bub should be delivered today, crossing fingers and toes that everything goes smoothly... wish me luck.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
**sorry, can no longer edit previous post**

Replacement bub is here and in good condition! :tup: So far so good! I let it warm slowly to room temp, and put room temp water in it, seems solid, nice perc as well made as the rest.

onigiri1692

Hey everyone as promised here are some pictures of my GlassBlowersDirect showerhead bub. After over a month of use I couldn't be happier with my purchase, props to GBD for their amazing work.

A nice view of the can
1Xs5l.jpg

A close-up of the showerhead (sorry for the flash)
0QD9s.jpg

A close-up of the mouthpiece joint (just finished washing the bub, so there is a little condensation visible)
wbz2A.jpg

Here are the various glass pieces that came with the bub, plus the glass dome/nail/reverse stem (all flawless)
TcJFu.jpg

These are some waterpipe adapters that I had GlassBlowersDirect custom make for me (the one on the left is 14mm, to give me the option to use a whip instead of the included mouthpiece. The right one is 18mm and is for connecting my HerbalAire to my GBD bub). I should point out they were $10 each and are both quality pieces of glass.
NhFe8.jpg

This is a picture of the bub with the 18mm downstem (which I always use, as others have said, it cuts down on the noise and keeps the showerhead tube clean) and the included mouthpiece
sGSYs.jpg

Next, my HerbalAire/GlassBlowersDirect Bub setup
7zZUN.jpg

And finally, the same setup as above, except with the whip for when I want to be extra lazy
tgRy7.jpg

MrNorml

They look very nice together. Them WPAs look like a pretty good deal for only $10 a piece.:tup:

Glad your enjoying yours, I'm having a blast with mine as well.
And, less we forget, this piece is still available for around 200 bux which is to me a good deal - I really like mine and they work great with my Solo. So well that as soon as my Extreme Q arived and I used it for a day, I gave the Q to a friend I'm trying to get off combustion (and it may just work). Anyhow just to let people know that the piece is still available, and there is a very inexpensive one on their site that I'm guessing is probably a pretty good piece too. Actually they all look like good deals, even at $200 (or less). My Solo I just use the straight stock glass stem with a short piece of vinyl to pop in the top - works like a charm and costs about $.05 in vinyl. I don't like bongs so I skip those; I don't like inline so I skip them too; I just looked at the bubblers and they all look really nice and are priced IMHO right. Response here to this vendor seem very good to me but your mileage may vary as they say.

MrNorml,

chimpybits

Yeah onigiri that looks sweet with the HerbalAire - lazy setup and regular. Both look very good to my eyes. In fact, I think you've inspired me to try the lazy (i.e. sofa) whip-mp setup instead of trying to work out different mouthpieces.

Also, big agreement with the shout-outs to Sam and some happy customers. Count me amongst.

I'm a total bong noob so cannot claim authority, but I'm appreciating mine more and more. Yep I can certainly see the white build in the can and the slits all bubble and perc. It looks flawless (like onigiri's - nice pics there), but I don't study it or anything. The addition of (this) glass has improved the whole experience tremendously. Speaking of which ...

chimpybits,

mrmojo62

Ima commend Sam 4 helping me out months ago, long before the FC deal.
See, he made me some totally custom super sherlocks to accommodate me disability

Heavy tube, heavy rings, awesome work, really.

i'm ordering a bubbler from him now. i was thinking about talking to him about the glass stem you're using on your persei/hercules to see if he can make something like that, so if you can post some pics that would really be helpful.

thanks

h

mrmojo62,

shephurd

I Am Watching The Stars
does anybody have any experience with the beaker bub on the website?
i have a magic flight along with the wpw and was wondering how compatible
these two are together.

shephurd,

SD_haze

does anybody have any experience with the beaker bub on the website?
i have a magic flight along with the wpw and was wondering how compatible
these two are together.
Looks grrrrrreat for the price. (~105)
Unless you run your mflb doing small rips, then a single perc piece might be better.
11-28-12-007.png

wootze

i'm ordering a bubbler from him now. i was thinking about talking to him about the glass stem you're using on your persei/hercules to see if he can make something like that, so if you can post some pics that would really be helpful.

thanks

h
i posted pics over in the persei thread. my solution is simply a downstem that i shortened.
sam can fix u up w/ any boro u need.

wootze,

mrmojo62

yeah thanks i got your pics but have been a little too involved in real life to post them, but i see that you've solved that issue anyway. i'm wondering if he can't make something that covers the herc entirely, so that the heater on the bottom is covered and sam, if you're reading this now, i'm asking!

@shep thats the bub i just ordered. i'll post more when it arrives. i'm going to be using it exclusively as an oil rig and as a bubbler for my persei, if that matters to anyone

mrmojo62,

wootze

yeah thanks i got your pics but have been a little too involved in real life to post them, but i see that you've solved that issue anyway. i'm wondering if he can't make something that covers the herc entirely, so that the heater on the bottom is covered and sam, if you're reading this now, i'm asking!

@shep thats the bub i just ordered. i'll post more when it arrives. i'm going to be using it exclusively as an oil rig and as a bubbler for my persei, if that matters to anyone

good day and happy holidays, sam can do this, no problem, im sure. the glass would have to have a slightly oversize inside diameter, and if it covers the metal tubing, there has to be a provision for air to get in the works.

wootze,

mrmojo62

good day and happy holidays, sam can do this, no problem, im sure. the glass would have to have a slightly oversize inside diameter, and if it covers the metal tubing, there has to be a provision for air to get in the works.
yeah and i'm beginning to wonder if a bub of some sort can be built on top of it . . .

mrmojo62,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Well it appears like my honeymoon with my GBD bubbler has come to an end, :( :cry:

dsc4531c.jpg

dsc4530.jpg

I came home from the store to discover this. She was only 59 days old and went in her sleep.

I figured it up @ $170 for 59 days of use, it cost me $2.88 a day to "rent" this bubbler, ugh that's steep.

Looks exactly like the crack on jambandphan's.

So I can no longer endorse this bubbler. I hope others don't run into this issue.

Tweak,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I've known about this for however long Tweak wants to say I have. I've reached out myself and tried to help resolve it.

I don't agree with the decision, made. I'm not going to bag on Sam, or his product. My bubbler is working just fine. Its a beautiful piece and I know a lot of work went into making it. Though, I will admit... I'm rather hesitant to use it, lately. Do I need to insure the water is added at the same rate/temp all the time? Is placing it down at a certain angle going to crack it? How many pieces are out there? I know Lev sold 100 of his, real fast. But there was like 6 months of buildup, it also came out first. I don't expect #2 did better, especially after the reviews started coming in. One is built like a tank and I don't know of a single case of breakage/cracking. Another, this is like the sixth time cracking and/or breaking has happened? I don't know. I do enjoy using it and its a functional piece, I'm just concerned about its durability.

I also don't know enough about glass. Is 2 months a reasonable "warranty". Can there be any warranty on glass products? How do you prove this happened the way, either party states? Does the place its cracked, make a difference? I mean... it looks like it cracked in a place that would really need to be hit at a certain angle, for cracking and at least not without breaking some other parts to. Like I said. I don't know.

But, I believe there's a right thing to do. I appealed to that and unfortunately was unsuccessful. Sorry Tweak, but at least there's people out here, who get it... and still hope that things turn out alright.

One final thought. I'm pretty sure they are a multi-blower operation. If I were to be asked for a theory, on how this happened. I think there's the possibility of a bad apple, that possibly made a batch of bad bubblers. If I were a businessman, I would want a squeaky clean image (not my rough and tough, bad boy image I now enjoy. GrRrrrrRRr!), which requires cleaning up a mess. Even if its unpleasant and feels unfair.

P.S. Thinking out loud. Could, dropping the extra downstem cause enough force to crack like that, over 2 months? Though... seems like you would have to really "drop it" in there to create sufficient force. I use an extra stem and I place it down in there, pretty gently, as I would assume most do.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
P.S. Thinking out loud. Could, dropping the extra downstem cause enough force to crack like that, over 2 months? Though... seems like you would have to really "drop it" in there to create sufficient force.

Yeah this crack had me thinking too, how long could this bubbler hold up if I where using something like the cloud on top of it. Surely all that extra weight will stress it more than the simple WPA adapter I had on top.

I also don't know enough about glass. Is 2 months a reasonable "warranty". Can there be any warranty on glass products? How do you prove this happened the way, either party states? Does the place its cracked, make a difference? I mean... it looks like it cracked in a place that would really need to be hit at a certain angle, for cracking and at least not without breaking some other parts to.

I believe that the current warranty of 24 hours is fine for glass. But in this case, having other defective bubblers with the exact same issue, as you state you start to question the durability of the piece.

Sam did offer me a discount on buying a replacement bubbler, but with what I have invested in this one plus another bubbler ($270 total), your reaching Mobius glass prices. I would definitely take him up on the offer if I knew the bubbler would last, but I have no confidence another one will.

Idk, I really wanted to give GBD a chance. First they send me a messed up downstem for free (but overcharged me for the shipping), then charge me sales tax when I live in another state, and now Sam doesn't offer me the same customer service as he has others and has now quit replying to my emails. I even did what I believe was the right thing and contacted them before going public.

This sucks. I really thought for the $$ this bubbler would last me awhile and I've babied it. Looks like I should have went with Lev's bubbler. I'm sorry Lev.

chimpybits

Damn Tweak that truly does suck. I take it this was your only glass piece? I assume then you are back to shopping around for a new bub?

I was conflicted between Lev's and GBD, but the dewaar was the deciding factor. Mine is holding up (knocks on wood), but this does undermine my confidence in the thing. Only time will tell. I am now hesitatingly looking to pickup Mike's downstem and a few other glass bits and bobs for this bub.

chimpybits,
Reactions: MrNorml

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Damn Tweak that truly does suck. I take it this was your only glass piece? I assume then you are back to shopping around for a new bub?

Nah I have a 11" straight tube that I was using before the bubbler. I'm just super disappointed in how much pride I had in the GBD bubbler and all the time and energy I put into reviewing and recommending it to people just to have mine break for no apparent reason.

I haven't had much luck with bubblers lately, first one I bought I broke, second one I bought broke in shipping, and now the GBD bubbler that broke just sitting on a desk. I'm about to give up and stick with my tube, if I break it a replacement is only $60, heh. It retains a lot of the flavor and clears in seconds, plus it's much more noob friendly for guests.

I am now hesitatingly looking to pickup Mike's downstem and a few other glass bits and bobs for this bub.

That's another thing that stings, I bought a downstem ($36), a custom mouthpiece ($20), 18mm male to 14mm male adapter ($14), and that custom Water Pipe Adapter all for this bubbler, :doh:.

Tweak,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
He didn't respond to my last email either. Though, benefit of the doubt, it didn't require a response. I was very courteous and polite. Basically, how I always communicate with him. Even told him, I understand his view and don't hold it against him. Though, I did stress... "sometimes you just do it, for the right reasons".

I told him you hadn't gone public. I told him I was vouching for you and the rep you had added to, with your purchase and subsequent viewpoints. I think those are good enough reasons.

Obviously, Sam doesn't see how this helps him. Even just throwing away the money Tweak spent, he would probably pick up a sale or more, with making things right. Come out and say, what he thinks is causing the breakage. They're not breaking in different areas. They're breaking in two very distinct areas. Again... why I go back to the bad apple in the bunch theory.

I'm truly sorry, Tweak. Its one of the reasons, I just want a plain old tube, in my rotation. Replacing AC/Percs is one thing... replacing $200-$500 bubblers, is different.

sixtysix

I'm feeling the exact same way tweak. My bubbler had a hairline crack in it and it would have preformed fine but for how long?...I don't feel comfortable knowing that the piece could break tomorrow of maybe in a month.

Sam told me if I shipped the bubbler back he would refund me my money and for the shipping....I had to wait till I got back from school to send it back and shipped it priority. I still haven't received a refund and he received it almost a week ago. I understand that its Christmas time but I haven't heard anything from him, so I'm becoming worried as anyone would.

sixtysix,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I'm truly sorry, Tweak. Its one of the reasons, I just want a plain old tube, in my rotation. Replacing AC/Percs is one thing... replacing $200-$500 bubblers, is different.

Appreciate it BDV. Thanks for having my back, it helped ease the sting a bit knowing you where putting in a good word and voicing your thoughts. One reason I settled on this bubbler was because it was middle of the road, not too expensive but not cheap. Like you I couldn't handle breaking a $200-500 dollar piece.

I still haven't received a refund and he received it almost a week ago. I understand that its Christmas time but I haven't heard anything from him, so I'm becoming worried as anyone would.

Damn, that sucks. If I'm not mistaken this was your first big piece of glass? And I know you where already nervous from other peoples breaking.

Hope everything works out for you, I would be worried too.

Tweak,
Top Bottom