Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Good luck to the rest of you guys... I'm done trying to deal with GBD. I am being treated like I am doing something wrong by posting here about my experience. I have not been ugly or rude or said anything bad about GBD or Sam or anything of the sort, and have tried being as diplomatic as I can about the situation, when I came here looking for advice. I just can not stand by and allow myself to be treated as if I am singlehandedly ruining his rep by posting about my situation here in the forum. This just isn't worth it the amount of stress I am being subjected to... I wish you all the best.

dorkus_molorkus

@Jam- thats just horrible. I thought you were great with what you posted, factual, and not emotive other than justifiable concern.

I try to not hold people to account by the problems that arise, but how they deal with them. this is true in my personal life, and is true in my business dealings.

shit happens, things go astray from time to time. But it how we deal with these problems that will ensure a great realationship and repeat business in the future.

perhaps, they should have a look at the cloud thread for how problems can be solved with still happy customers. it can be done.

I hope you get it all worked out soon.

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Keep us posted, Jam. I hope they make things right with you as like Dorkus alluded to, this could be a great opportunity for Sam & Co. to gain respect with the community by taking care of their customer while the world is watching.

I would hate to see them do otherwise.

:peace:

Stu,

Adobewan

FC members like Jam actually influence other members purchasing decisions. I know if Jam, or BDV give a piece of glass a good word, I won't hesitate to buy it. If they, or Vito, or a number of other good hearted, honest Vape experts report a bad transaction, I'll be consciously avoiding that vendor.
Any smart manufacturer can see that value here on FC.
I suspect they will make Jam, and all of us, happy.

dorkus_molorkus

@adobewan-lolz you are one of those peeps for me dude. i am sure it was you that assured me that the UD was the vape for me.

and of course it was. I love my UD, it totally rocks for my needs.

you sir managed to very eloquently, but bluntly explain to which i was merely skirting around.

So, a hearty.................

YEAH WHAT HE SAID!:tup:

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: Adobewan

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Wait? Now I'm confused? Who is accusing you of trying to ding Sam's rep? Sam?

EDIT: I emailed Sam about that crack. Even noting if he saw the pics, the crack could be under the perc and glass can grow a crack bigger in a heart beat. He replied to me, his thoughts were the same, he believed jam didn't break it and was going to replace. At that point, it doesn't matter how it broke. He's doing the right thing. He didn't bad-mouth you to me.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would just like to hear this from him... I've just been left feeling like I fucked up and made him look bad. Where is my good news??

jambandphan03,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well email him, start with... "hey things got out of control. I apologize for my part in it playing out like that". It ALWAYS takes at least two people to have a disagreement (besides mental probs). Both play a part and percentages of blame are crap. Either one, can easily walk away at any time. No captives.

Probably go a long way to resolving it. Holding out for something, doesn't usually inspire people to do, even the right thing. I've had to be taught that lesson multiple times.

BigDaddyVapor,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Looks like we came to a resolution, and Sam is going to replace it. I apologize for getting frustrated with the way things were being handled. I really do like this piece and it was gut wrenching to have to feel like things were going the wrong way all of a sudden. I am glad to have this smooth out, thanks BDV for the help! I'm going to rest... It's been an exhausting day...

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Sorry to hear that Jam,GBD and Sam should know what an asset you are to this community & should make it right to you!

Though I have always said I liked the pix and the shape of the bud, I have always felt it was to big for me, that some functional designs were not that "brilliant" in terms of ergonomics and "good sense" (the MP joint design...), and last but not least, that the QC was definitely VERY TOLERANT based on many defect reports (IMO if you compare it to how many peeps bought one...).

This been said the price tag was a bargain so I suppose the "you get what you pay for" sentence still is real somehow... Sad reality! :D

FLskwat,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Sorry to hear that Jam,GBD and Sam should know what an asset you are to this community & should make it right to you!

Though I have always said I liked the pix and the shape of the bud, I have always felt it was to big for me, that some functional designs were not that "brilliant" in terms of ergonomics and "good sense" (the MP joint design...), and last but not least, that the QC was definitely VERY TOLERANT based on many defect reports (IMO if you compare it to how many peeps bought one...).

This been said the price tag was a bargain so I suppose the "you get what you pay for" sentence still is real somehow... Sad reality! :D

We really don't know how many he sold. Unlike Lev's which was limited at 100... Sam had a timeline for a sale price. Just like Lev's... I'm sure a lot of people/lurkers ordered the piece, though for Lev... They would have had to register. You have to take into account overall numbers, which we don't know.

As Sam's business, is a collection of blowers, someone blew some bad glass. Which means Sam had to demote, or fire someone, more than likely. This break was not that kind of break. It more than likely happened during shipping, with the extra stress on what is a pretty big showerhead, lying on its side or being tossed about. You can't "pack" that part.

From what I can gather Sam was a bit upset at how the crack was presented. It most likely wasn't a flaw. Of course jam explained... but this is all hindsight. Sam is making it right.

I haven't had anything but respectful and enjoyable interaction with Sam. I know most have, with the rapid response he gives people. I think both deserve their side to be taken into account. No one is really at fault, at least not anyone intentionally cognizant of it.

chimpybits

I received mine last week and am very happy with how it looks. This is my first glass piece. It's smaller and more appealing looking than I anticipated. All my requests came through perfectly (no logo, fixed shower, long lo-pro downstem). On visual inspection it appears flawless (but I might not be as discriminating).

I do prefer it aesthetically without the mp (i.e. just the can) and may consider a curved mp or angled adapter. But really I'm just guessing until I use it. Which I haven't as I'm on a T-break.
I'll try to get my hands on a camera and post pics as well as impressions once I've used it.

VapeVoice

Well I unfortunately have had an experience with Sam that is very similar to Jams. My mouthpiece cracked when my original bubbler broke. I emailed Sam and received great customer service and was told a replacement bubbler would be sent out. I assumed this meant an entire new bubbler, mouthpiece as well. So I didn't even mention the MP. Got my new bubbler, and while it wasn't perfect, it was functioning great and I was and am very pleased with the new can. If you have read thru this thread you know that it wasn't the same size or as aesthetically pleasing but, it hits like a champ! Now back to the MP. It cracked, it was no big deal cuz I thought I was getting a new one. The new can came with no new MP so I used the crack one for days without issue.... Then I cut my lip. I emailed Sam to tell him this and see if he'd send the replacement MP because the original wouldnt have been cracked had not the original piece broke when I inserted it into it. I was ignored for days. The I saw Jams post here and re-emailed Sam last night. Today I received an email stating that since I didnt mention it before Id be charged $25 plus shipping. I didn't mention it because I thought I was getting a new one. Then I was being nice in return for such great customer service in past dealings and tried using the cracked one. Now I am being treated completely different than before. My package did show signs of a little poor handling but as you all know who have received one, it is packed bomb proof. Sam didn't think it was a shipping issue originally and people who see the pictures of the box in this thread have doubted USPS fault as well. In my last email from Sam he denies its his fault and then says that the box went thru hell in shipping. Then states he will not be responding to any further emails. I can NO LONGER RECOMMEND GLASSBLOWERSDIRECT.com to anyone! To me it seems they bit off more than they could chew and now that replacement bubblers have cut into their profit margin they are completely failing at the customer service aspect of their business. And to me that is just unforgivable and unacceptable. I will no longer be using GBD for any purchases of glass products and I highly recommend that you look elsewhere if you want to avoid problems with both craftsmanship and customer service. As I, and it seems others, have had problems with one or the other, if not both.

VapeVoice,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Cracks like that almost never happen in shipping. They usually happen when you rush your glassblowing and you don't anneal the glass properly in the kiln. I bet it was sitting still in the box, not in transit when it cracked. The changes in warehouse temperature could have done it. If it is not properly annealing it can crack just sitting there... I have been looking at a piece when it happened. It is actually kind of neat to watch... Any change in temperature can stress the glass. It is something I saw all the time with glassblowers that were rushing their work. It would happen in batches so what every bubbler/glass was in the kiln during that group tends to break/crack. Our policy at laststop was to completely replace the piece with something that was equal or lesser value. I am sure Sam will sort through any issues with production/handling/shipping and make everything right with people that were unlucky enough to get a piece that needs some attention.

VapeVoice

You're welcome. Sorry for slacking but, things have been ridiculously stressful on my end and thus time has been slim to say the least. Hope the info helps!

VapeVoice,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I disagree. That crack could have just as easily and as likely been cracked during shipping. It is directly under the brace. During shipping, the large suspended showerhead is exposed to a lot of stress. Either scenario is plausible.

I'm not going to join in bad-mouthing Sam as I and most others, haven't encountered any problems. He hasn't been anything but polite and professional with me, while I've been asking him about some of these problems also. Lets not forget, that one of our own,demanding quality retailers, is a big customer of his. Do you think Steele would continue buying from a guy that puts out @$&#? I don't.

My bubbler is working fine and holding up fine. Even took it over for a party piece yesterday. Been cleaned, shaken and stirred numerous times, been subjected to hot and cold water. Not a single crack. Whether it was a bad blower, or a bad batch of glass, there's enough pieces out there sans problems, which leads me to believe it isolated. Now if they start breaking over the course of the next few months... then we have a problem. But trashing the guys rep? We're not there.

By no means am I suggesting that people stay silent. Its the piling on, after a problem has been reported. How many pieces have really broken. Seems like 10 or more... but I actually think its closer to 4 or 5. Lets keep it in perspective. Also, as I have often said, with retailers... you catch more flies with honey. Don't point fingers and don't get angry. Not even it you don't get the answer you want, right away. Never know who might come to your aid, or a possible change of mind. If you put them on the spot, they'll get defensive, just like anyone else.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: MrNorml
Nobody is trashing Sam or GBD's rep. It's not like these are made up issues. I also don't think a 'pile-on' happened. The only people who reported issues are those who had them with their GBD bubbler. And for the record, I think all that information is valuable to consumers. It's certainly made me think twice about GBD, in spite of the positive press you and others have given.

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy from them in the future, it's just food for thought.

In any case, I think you're probably right and that if the issue was in the shop that it was probably isolated to one bad blower.

VapeVoice

I disagree. That crack could have just as easily and as likely been cracked during shipping. It is directly under the brace. During shipping, the large suspended showerhead is exposed to a lot of stress. Either scenario is plausible.

I'm not going to join in bad-mouthing Sam as I and most others, haven't encountered any problems. He hasn't been anything but polite and professional with me, while I've been asking him about some of these problems also. Lets not forget, that one of our own,demanding quality retailers, is a big customer of his. Do you think Steele would continue buying from a guy that puts out @$&#? I don't.

My bubbler is working fine and holding up fine. Even took it over for a party piece yesterday. Been cleaned, shaken and stirred numerous times, been subjected to hot and cold water. Not a single crack. Whether it was a bad blower, or a bad batch of glass, there's enough pieces out there sans problems, which leads me to believe it isolated. Now if they start breaking over the course of the next few months... then we have a problem. But trashing the guys rep? We're not there.

By no means am I suggesting that people stay silent. Its the piling on, after a problem has been reported. How many pieces have really broken. Seems like 10 or more... but I actually think its closer to 4 or 5. Lets keep it in perspective. Also, as I have often said, with retailers... you catch more flies with honey. Don't point fingers and don't get angry. Not even it you don't get the answer you want, right away. Never know who might come to your aid, or a possible change of mind. If you put them on the spot, they'll get defensive, just like anyone else.

Just because you have had a different experience than I have, please do not discount what has happened to me. I was nothing but kind and understanding with Sam. Then he did a 180 on me and IMO acted like a child with his comment that he wasn't going to respond to my emails any longer. My emails were all intelligently written and courteous. You may be happy with your bubbler and I am very happy for you. The fact remains that his customer service was good then turned very bad in my case. In another case that has been dealt with here in the thread. And another from someone via PM who will remain anonymous until he receives his replacement as he doesn't want to stir the pot until he at least gets his replacement in hand. We were all treated in a way that a customer should not be treated IMHO. I don't care to have him change his mind at this point. What I do care about is other people spending good hard money to end up in the same situation that I am. There are plenty of good glass blowers out there eager to earn your business the right way!

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Try reading my post again and remove the personal aspect you added to it.

You're to one extreme. Pissed off and want justice. Me... I'm sitting in the middle. I choose to see both sides, that I am presented with. I clearly stated, I wasn't trying to silence anything. I asked for perspective.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: MrNorml

VapeVoice

I will not remove the personal aspect from it at all. Nor would you if you were personally offended by Sam. As a matter of fact I remember you criticizing his practices for one reason or another earlier in this very same thread. Now that you are happy with your product it just seems to me that you are blindly supporting them. Please tell everyone how happy you are with your bubbler. Again, I am very happy you haven't had the problems that I and others have had. I will be telling people about my personal experience because if it can happen to me it surely can happen to them.

dorkus_molorkus

@vapevoice, if I may ask a q? and offer a perspective.

did you tell them the mouthpiece was broken at any other point before you recieved your replacement?

Perhaps it may appear to GBD that its a little odd that something else is REPORTED damaged only after
what they thought was a suitable remedy had been packed , sent out & recieved.

Did they know that the 1st unit was totally trashed? cuz being a modular piece surely you can understand how a business would seek to only remedy what needed to be remedied?

Not trying to piss you or any one off here. Just offering a perspective.

That maybe they feel they have done the right thing by you cuz they fixed what you told them was broken.

Anyway, hopefully these issues will get sorted. Calm professional communication from both sides is the key here. These things are an opportunity to create great business relationships.

stating that there will be no further response to emails perhaps is emotive and ill thought out.

hopefully there will be a rehtink of that policy

One other thing i might like to add.

perhaps Sam could interact on this forum regarding some members issues as Underdog, the cloud & a few other manufactures do.

They do it very well & manage to directly & personally service FC members to a very high standard.
Of course GBD would be asking where is the benefit of this personal interaction when they have other
customer service channels inplace already when small business owners need every hour of everyday?

Well as we know internet commerce is full of crooks. From the vendor selling the goods to the punters who buy them, then of course there are the professional thieves who masquerade as both in order to fleece anyone they can.

using this forum to communicate directly lets everyone know who they are dealing with. (sort of)
Instead of some random order & shipping address, GBD would be able to see that the chances of an FC member being genuine over some random sending emails is good business.

anyhoo, not trying to stir the pot here. I just wanted to offer my thoughts.

best fo luck guys.

VapeVoice

@vapevoice, if I may ask a q? and offer a perspective.

did you tell them the mouthpiece was broken at any other point before you recieved your replacement?

Perhaps it may appear to GBD that its a little odd that something else is REPORTED damaged only after
what they thought was a suitable remedy had been packed , sent out & recieved.

Did they know that the 1st unit was totally trashed? cuz being a modular piece surely you can understand how a business would seek to only remedy what needed to be remedied?

Not trying to piss you or any one off here. Just offering a perspective.

That maybe they feel they have done the right thing by you cuz they fixed what you told them was broken.

Anyway, hopefully these issues will get sorted. Calm professional communication from both sides is the key here. These things are an opportunity to create great business relationships.

stating that there will be no further response to emails perhaps is emotive and ill thought out.

hopefully there will be a rehtink of that policy

One other thing i might like to add.

perhaps Sam could interact on this forum regarding some members issues as Underdog, the cloud & a few other manufactures do.

They do it very well & manage to directly & personally service FC members to a very high standard.
Of course GBD would be asking where is the benefit of this personal interaction when they have other
customer service channels inplace already when small business owners need every hour of everyday?

Well as we know internet commerce is full of crooks. From the vendor selling the goods to the punters who buy them, then of course there are the professional thieves who masquerade as both in order to fleece anyone they can.

using this forum to communicate directly lets everyone know who they are dealing with. (sort of)
Instead of some random order & shipping address, GBD would be able to see that the chances of an FC member being genuine over some random sending emails is good business.

anyhoo, not trying to stir the pot here. I just wanted to offer my thoughts.

best fo luck guys.

As I said earlier I did not mention it. And I understand how it could be perceived. I tried explaining the situation to Sam and for one reason or another he chose to stop acting professionally. I only deal with professionals in business. My problem isn't his refusal to replace the mouthpiece. My problem is his choice on how to deal with my issue. Had he stayed professional and not acted in a manor unbecoming a business owner IMO, then this issue would not have even made its way to these boards. But since he chose to act and respond in the way he did I feel it is my obligation as a consumer to pass that on to the public. Specifically here in this thread as it is intended to bolster GBD sales.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I will not remove the personal aspect from it at all. Nor would you if you were personally offended by Sam. As a matter of fact I remember you criticizing his practices for one reason or another earlier in this very same thread. Now that you are happy with your product it just seems to me that you are blindly supporting them. Please tell everyone how happy you are with your bubbler. Again, I am very happy you haven't had the problems that I and others have had. I will be telling people about my personal experience because if it can happen to me it surely can happen to them.

I'm talking about the personal aspect you took, with my post(s).

Don't come at me. I'm not making it personal.

Nor am I blindly supporting him. Read my posts. I'm pretty damn clear AND fair to BOTH sides.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom