Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I have a very similar vape
I was about to pick up the last batch of Biovapos on a European site when I remembered this, and the Roasty, and decided I didn't need any more vapes after all (nor do I need the magic flight finishing grinder I found in the same shop)

FWIW, I prefer the longer air path/cooling of the Nameless over the Roasty, although the Roasty is much more pocketable, and feels less DIY

[Apologies mods, please combine with previous post]

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Not sure if it's a here discussion or a some-where-else discussion, but after an hour with the Nameless Conduction vape and a variety of heaters, I'd really like to hear more about other people's experience of preferred heat sources/torches for different vapes, and the different ways they can affect the experience.

I am quite certain that many vape signatures are hugely affected by the power of the heater I use - for example on this, a slow alcohol heat up produced less visible vapour, but really stretched out the flavour and hit in a stealthy kind of way - whereas nuking it with the hotshot (albeit gingerly) produced enormous bitter-like-you're-not-quite-combusting clouds leaving a kind of weed baked alaska - brown on the outside green in the middle that didn't make me want to stir (I was also surprised at how hard it hit, too). But if I don't have 5 mins to spare but can spare more than 15 seconds, the serpent or the bullet can both produce smallish bushy flames that bathe the glass nicely, without getting too hot too fast.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your experiences with this and other vapes, and why you prefer particular lighters over others and why

Last edited:

Ford Wenty

I have a born on date of 420 69, it suits me! :)
Far too little love round here for the Nameless Conduction.

I appreciate convection heavy face melts are many people's preference, but for a slow session (heat and puff, heat and puff) it's like a glass Vapman with x8 the capacity.

I prefer a bushy single flame lighter (jobon bullet/vertigo serpent) to a big triple/quad torch btw, as I think it's much easier to get an even roast with it, and I don't need to stir.

Anyone else a fan?
I got one a couple weeks ago and love it. I have several TRWW vapes now and they all get regular use. I also have the new mini terpedo that has a bowl a little smaller than dynavap. I can't believe the size and amounts of hits I get from the tiniest nug. I love Dave's products and his service is fantastic.

TedJones

My small collection isn't nearly as pretty as @Perfect_Speed4069 lol, but yeah, they all have a bit different power/oomph. Only have the OG terpcicle and QC18 so far from TRWW. Using the big guy +/- 28 seconds with those. Shorter with a full reservoir and longer if nearing empty. Find a lot of power is lost when it's getting low! May try longer heat with one of the medium torches, but not sure i'm that patient! The small Ronx triple flame is impressive. Use that with the Fusion and it almost engulfs the entire cap. That might work well with one of the mini's he's working on, or even the nameless. The zippo is pretty unique as it has a very precise flame and sounds like a jet. The black is a generic box store that's pretty versatile. Can produce as small flame as the eagle, or get 3-4 inch bright blue (much softer than zippo) ;) If only my mom knew what I was playing with nowadays, ha!

Ford Wenty

Seeing all the torch posts, I thought I'd share what I'm using. I have other torches, but this one is awesome. Here's what I like, it doesn't require pushing an unlock button before use (it does have one but it doesn't auto engage. It lights the first time every time. It has adapters to use stove butane cartridges if you get in a pinch. Easy to fill and see fuel level. It's cheap as hell at under $10.

FYI, I've had for a little over a month and use it for everything from dynavap to Quartz Cap Mega. It is single flame but very powerful.

This torch is my fave, click to see it on Amazon

71z4IoZqYIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
I still love my Terpedo...
its use is limited to children's nap times on the weekend, but that only increases the fun!
The flavors and vapor density are incredible... and I only make half bowls!!

I hope the mini version will see the light of day!

@fangorn this is awesome to see the hemp screen. I’ve always wondered, why don‘t more opt for this over stainless steel when thermally extracting flower? Any advantages or disadvantages you notice using hemp with the terpedo? I just did a comparison of whole nug vs stainless screen in terpcicle and preferred the nug for a better temp “ramp up” vs the accidental combustion using steel screen.

Ford Wenty

I still love my Terpedo...
its use is limited to children's nap times on the weekend, but that only increases the fun!
The flavors and vapor density are incredible... and I only make half bowls!!

I hope the mini version will see the light of day!

I still need to get the og terpedo. I have several others from TRWW and love them all. I DO have the terpedo mini and it's pictured here along with a mod I did. Also pictured is the high heat tape that I did the mod with. The area where it's at barely gets warm and the tape leaves no residue and is heat safe up to 250 degrees. Like I said it barely gets warm there. The reason I did the mod is that on the mini version the o-rings become slippery after several hits and need to be wiped clean or it's tricky to get the cap on. Not a huge deal but by putting the tape the way I did I can slide the cap on and it stays secure, plus I can move it up a bit to give more heating area just above your nug and it still stays secure. I've probably had 30+ bowls and 60 or more heatups since I did this and it's still not gunked up or presenting any issue. I have also even given the stem a soak with it on and it was fine. The tape was under $5 on Amazon.

Regarding the terpedo mini. It blows me away how well this thing works. The bowl is about the size of Dynavap B and on my hand in the pic is the nug size I use. If you get some 420 littles, they're great for this broken in half and also work great in the Un-named TED at full size. I have a high tolerance and have gotten high from a couple bowls in it. I have also gotten as many as 5 good size hits from the tiniest nug.

Some of my TRWW collection also pictured :) Cheers!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gMV6TVpqo4sT8jeF8

fangorn

@fangorn this is awesome to see the hemp screen. I’ve always wondered, why don‘t more opt for this over stainless steel when thermally extracting flower? Any advantages or disadvantages you notice using hemp with the terpedo? I just did a comparison of whole nug vs stainless screen in terpcicle and preferred the nug for a better temp “ramp up” vs the accidental combustion using steel screen.

hey!

Yeah, the hemp fiber filter removes any metal in the vapor path. It's always better, less than more...
and above all, it eliminates any possibility of microparticles coming to me...

but hey, as I use other vaporizers with metal and microparticles... it's not much use!

@Ford Wenty

I hadn't seen that it was available... well, that it had been available at one point...

well, I'll grab some when they're available!

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@dapatcho I have started my 10% off sale

@Perfect_Speed4069 torch definitely makes a difference. Slower is better with most because it let's the inner bowl heat soak. I love the Big Buddy for everything big and either a Vapcap rtipple or eagle ai gle for the Nameless

@fordglad you are enjoying the mini Terpedo

@fangorn I made and will make more of the mini Terpedo. I also now have the Quartz Terpedo

Starting the Black Friday, 10% off sale 11/22-11/30. Everything is on sale including the newly arrived, Quartz Terpedo

20231121-105934.jpg

qpb223

First time poster, so apologies if any of this is worded weird but…

WOW

I got a vapman at the end of the summer, and was really enjoying it, but was looking to try something new, ideally glass because, well, why not?

I picked up the Nameless TDE about a month ago, and haven’t touched the vapman since. It’s super easy to clean, and gets me exactly where I want to be, every-time. I love its simplicity, its size, and I love the look on my friend's faces after they use it, things just insane!

Thank you David for everything you do (also, the price point, this broke college student appreciates it)

Marcus

Just had an 18mm Quartz Cap land and straight away I can see it being a desktop ornament. It needs some form of screen, I was hoping it would have a set of dimples in the chamber to stop herb falling through.

Any tips or tricks from people here to help a brother out?

I'm after just glass experience, no hemp fibre or metal in the way.

TedJones

Just had an 18mm Quartz Cap land and straight away I can see it being a desktop ornament. It needs some form of screen, I was hoping it would have a set of dimples in the chamber to stop herb falling through.

Any tips or tricks from people here to help a brother out?

I'm after just glass experience, no hemp fibre or metal in the way.
Mine has 3 large dimples in alignment at the center of the glass. 1st dimple is the stopper. Needs a couple large nugs to rest in there so they don’t fall through. Medium to coarse grind on top of that.

Marcus

Mine has 3 large dimples in alignment at the center of the glass. 1st dimple is the stopper. Needs a couple large nugs to rest in there so they don’t fall through. Medium to coarse grind on top of that.

Yes, this one has 3 dimples in a line along the length of the tube. 3 small dimples around the circumference would be better, like with my Tasty Tube. I can use a fairly fine grind on that and nothing gets through.

I've tried breaking a nug up but it all just fires down the stem. Whole nugs seem overkill for the rewards. Even on the video the dude says medium coarse grind... No chance with this chamber. I've even tried 4mm rubies and they all fire down the tube. I'd be looking at 6-7mm to sit in there.

I was wondering if there were any glass spacers etc from other vapes that could solve this conundrum I have.

I'll keep pondering, but until then, it's already been slung in the vape graveyard drawer of my desk. :lol:

Last edited:
Marcus,
Reactions: RogueGuy

Cannabiker

Yes, this one has 3 dimples in a line along the length of the tube. 3 small dimples around the circumference would be better, like with my Tasty Tube. I can use a fairly fine grind on that and nothing gets through.

I've tried breaking a nug up but it all just fires down the stem. Whole nugs seem overkill for the rewards. Even on the video the dude says medium coarse grind... No chance with this chamber. I've even tried 4mm rubies and they all fire down the tube. I'd be looking at 6-7mm to sit in there.

I was wondering if there were any glass spacers etc from other vapes that could solve this conundrum I have.

I'll keep pondering, but until then, it's already been slung in the vape graveyard drawer of my desk. :lol:
I just drop in three terp pearls; they're probably 6mm. They work well with a coarse grind, and they make debowling super easy--the pearls push the load out when you dump it. Glass jacks also work, but I prefer the pearls. I also use a small ash catcher, which takes care of any stray materiel.

This piece takes a little effort, but it provides commensurate rewards.

Marcus

I just drop in three terp pearls; they're probably 6mm. They work well with a coarse grind, and they make debowling super easy--the pearls push the load out when you dump it. Glass jacks also work, but I prefer the pearls. I also use a small ash catcher, which takes care of any stray materiel.

This piece takes a little effort, but it provides commensurate rewards.

Nice one!
I'll order some 6mm and give it a go.

EDIT - I have had a go of the thing with a screen and I'm so glad I did go for the 18mm.
That's the thick, flavourful rip I was after.
A bit like the elev8r but a little more restricted and denser. (if that makes sense)

I need to order me some balls to celebrate! :clap:

Last edited:

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Nice one!
I'll order some 6mm and give it a go.

EDIT - I have had a go of the thing with a screen and I'm so glad I did go for the 18mm.
That's the thick, flavourful rip I was after.
A bit like the elev8r but a little more restricted and denser. (if that makes sense)

I need to order me some balls to celebrate! :clap:
I also do the method @TedJones suggested, using chunky nugs as the screen. I am one of those snobs in search of glass/heat/herb as my perfect experience. It took me a little practice, but it’s dialed in. Though not as chunky as breaking a piece off a nug, coarse from the brilliant cut grinder *stacked up a little* does a great job for screen replacement. Then, I actually tried topping the bowl with a fine grind and got robust results. Pretty even AVB! Love my QC18 for the two piece simplicity to complement my somewhat silly multi grind consistency loading.

Next I’m going to try the 6mm balls that @Cannabiker suggested. I imagine the extra calorie boost adds some spine to the results.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@qpb223 really glad you are liking the Namelss and super flattered that it dethroned your Vapman

@Marcus sorry that you were disappointed with the dimple placement but glad you tried it out. I use my 18 with a screen but it's both possible to do 3-4 dimple bowls or include 6-7 mm quartz beads.

I don't have issues with the single dimple on the 14.

Should I change the 18 to a multiple dimple bowl?

Top Bottom