Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

Marcus

@qpb223 really glad you are liking the Namelss and super flattered that it dethroned your Vapman

@Marcus sorry that you were disappointed with the dimple placement but glad you tried it out. I use my 18 with a screen but it's both possible to do 3-4 dimple bowls or include 6-7 mm quartz beads.

I don't have issues with the single dimple on the 14.

Should I change the 18 to a multiple dimple bowl?
Hi @RogueGuy I'm not disappointed ... Far from it. It works like a charm. Many Thanks!

I just had images of me having to mess around with external tiny bits like pearls and stuff every bowl I have and it made me question my own existence. :uhoh: :lol:

For me, a couple of dimples in the 18mm and being able to not use a screen would be perfect.

I have found a pack of hemp fibre so thus far I have tried a screened bowl, a hemp bowl and a rather messy dimple bowl... The dimple bowl is by far my winner. And I had some scooby snacks to chew on. :lol:

I think I will do what @cilantro and a few folks have suggested and maybe make a little flower puck as a screen, then I can pop ground flower on that.

This and a dimpled J hook are quite the duo!

Cheers folks!

EDIT to add... I think because I've been using a glass vape that doesn't need a screen I was kind of expecting this one not too also.

But also this QC may not need a screen anyway when I work out my groove with it.

So as for the question regarding making them multidimpled, i'll let you know in a week or so time!

Thanks man!

Ford Wenty

I have a born on date of 420 69, it suits me! :)
Nice one!
I'll order some 6mm and give it a go.

EDIT - I have had a go of the thing with a screen and I'm so glad I did go for the 18mm.
That's the thick, flavourful rip I was after.
A bit like the elev8r but a little more restricted and denser. (if that makes sense)

I need to order me some balls to celebrate! :clap:
Glad it's not becoming a desk ornament. I have the QC 18mm and QC Mega. Spend a little time with it and you'll be greatly rewarded with tasty rips. I am using a metal screen in mine, but have also used w/o. I prefer with for ease of use and cleaning purposes. I do either nugs or ground flower in mine. I get big rips no matter what. I tend to go for med-dark abv and have zero combustion fears with QCs. Buds end up with consistent color all the way through just like ground flower. If you end up not having a good experience w/balls, maybe you can find a glass screen via vgoodiez or other seller. I only found TRWW products a few months ago, but they've become my favorite pieces and I use them every day. I hope your experience continues to improve with your QC. Cheers!

Marcus

Glad it's not becoming a desk ornament. I have the QC 18mm and QC Mega. Spend a little time with it and you'll be greatly rewarded with tasty rips. I am using a metal screen in mine, but have also used w/o. I prefer with for ease of use and cleaning purposes. I do either nugs or ground flower in mine. I get big rips no matter what. I tend to go for med-dark abv and have zero combustion fears with QCs. Buds end up with consistent color all the way through just like ground flower. If you end up not having a good experience w/balls, maybe you can find a glass screen via vgoodiez or other seller. I only found TRWW products a few months ago, but they've become my favorite pieces and I use them every day. I hope your experience continues to improve with your QC. Cheers!

I think this may well become my go to desk ornament!
I use a few vapes with screens, but I am a lover of all glass, especially for those strains that really bombard me with smells and tastes I've not encountered before. It's probably all in my head, but I swear just glass makes everything taste warm and clear. Like decent hifi speakers. :lol:

I just finger ripped up a bud of Blues. very sweaty public transport cheese type. Bit of blueberry yoghurt sick on a seat or two. And I think the driver has just farted.

No screen, 20 seconds with a torch on the dimple J hook thing and yeah, I;m real happy this vape doesn;t need a screen and I need to get my fingers sticky more often!

:clap::tup::love:

Cheers!

TedJones

I am using a metal screen in mine, but have also used w/o. I prefer with for ease of use and cleaning purposes.
Same here. Tried with a flat mesh & flattened TM cup screens, but think the beefier “bucket” screen it came with, does the best at keeping it clean and extracting. Oozing reclaim after some use! A removable glass flower petal type screen would be ideal imo. Or. 2 smaller, closer together dimples at the top 🤷

Marcus

I think I have it worked out.

Yes, another dimple would be cool especially for being high and trying to load the thing in the dark, but with a bit of care I can load this fine and dandy with finger ripped or scissor cut dope.

medium

20 seconds on the kitchen torch and then I can chuff away on the bubbler, then another 5 seconds every few pulls and it goes on and on.

I wanted this for 1 or 2 big rips on a small load, but I;m kinda using it for the opposite. :lol:

I likey!

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Off-label use of the Quarrtz convection cap for the Vapcap (the 'sipper')
I've just realised that by positioning the Dynavap on a jhook with the air port facing me, it allows me to see the quantity and quality of vapor being produced, and to adjust my breathing/air flow accordingly.

I have a strong tendency to overheat the sipper (I like the quad so much on glass convectors) so this really helps navigate a pretty narrow margin of error.

Of course I could use a slightly less powerful torch (or use the ripper as recommended) but where's the fun in that?

olysh pops

@mixchu69 They have a lot in common (glass, thermal accumulation, purity, heavy hitters, etc.) and a few differences.
QC = bigger chamber, bigger clouds, requires 5mm beads or larger, 18mm,
TC = smaller chamber, better taste and more convenient to use, requires 3.5-4mm beads or larger, 14mm,
I haven't noticed any difference in the airflow, which is very open on both
imho they are excellent teds
I hope I've answered your question

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Does anybody have much experience with the DD Caps? I recently acquired one, and have not been able to pull any vapor with it yet. I'm using it on an Elev8r bowl with a Vapman torch. It seals properly. I've tried setting the flame size to seemingly ridiculous lengths with no success. I must be doing something terribly wrong. I have never tried these direct flame style vapes before.

Ford Wenty

Does anybody have much experience with the DD Caps? I recently acquired one, and have not been able to pull any vapor with it yet. I'm using it on an Elev8r bowl with a Vapman torch. It seals properly. I've tried setting the flame size to seemingly ridiculous lengths with no success. I must be doing something terribly wrong. I have never tried these direct flame style vapes before.
I have one and have had great luck with it. I use a single flame torch and inhale while torching with a slow draw until I taste my herb. I then feather the heat or remove the torch when the vapor gets warm so I don't combust. The flame goes into the tube towards the back. You control the hit with draw speed and torch. I've only ever combusted with it a couple times after 100s of hits. That being said I got a sticky brick that works very similar but combusted a ton until I found my groove with it using same technique above and now I also love it and never combust anymore. My point, stick with it and dedicate a little time and you'll be rewarded going forward. Cheers and good luck with it!

I have one and have had great luck with it. I use a single flame torch and inhale while torching with a slow draw until I taste my herb. I then feather the heat or remove the torch when the vapor gets warm so I don't combust. The flame goes into the tube towards the back. You control the hit with draw speed and torch. I've only ever combusted with it a couple times after 100s of hits. That being said I got a sticky brick that works very similar but combusted a ton until I found my groove with it using same technique above and now I also love it and never combust anymore. My point, stick with it and dedicate a little time and you'll be rewarded going forward. Cheers and good luck with it!
One more thing, you can also pre-heat the bowl by using your torch around the outside of herb for a few seconds before heating your intake. It's not a must, sometimes I do it, sometimes not.

@mixchu69 They have a lot in common (glass, thermal accumulation, purity, heavy hitters, etc.) and a few differences.
QC = bigger chamber, bigger clouds, requires 5mm beads or larger, 18mm,
TC = smaller chamber, better taste and more convenient to use, requires 3.5-4mm beads or larger, 14mm,
I haven't noticed any difference in the airflow, which is very open on both
imho they are excellent teds
I hope I've answered your question
Agree 100%. I also have both, love both. Yummy hits, get both to save the shipping you'll end up paying for twice otherwise. :rofl:

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Thanks. How long of a flame do you use and how far do you stick it in the tube?

Ford Wenty

Thanks. How long of a flame do you use and how far do you stick it in the tube?
Here's a couple vids that show me using it. The first vid has 1in approx flame and I took two hits. Second video I used the longer 2-3" flame I normally use and you can see a much bigger hit. I've had 5 hits from that bowl so far with only a little herb and with a quick stir I can get one or two more. With the longer flame you can really get huge hits if you choose. My hits are normally better, but I had to hold the phone while recording, watching my torch and drawing in. Stoner Olympics over here :lol:

DD Cap Demo Vids

If you are using it with a water piece and combusting, try on a j-hook or with dry piece so you notice when the flavor hits right away to judge heat. I hadn't used mine in 2 weeks since I've been on a buying craze w/vapes lately and notice I didn't combust, didn't do practice before video, once you get you get it. The DD cap is awesome though, and in fact I'm going to enjoy it some right now. Cheers!

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Here's a couple vids that show me using it. The first vid has 1in approx flame and I took two hits. Second video I used the longer 2-3" flame I normally use and you can see a much bigger hit. I've had 5 hits from that bowl so far with only a little herb and with a quick stir I can get one or two more. With the longer flame you can really get huge hits if you choose. My hits are normally better, but I had to hold the phone while recording, watching my torch and drawing in. Stoner Olympics over here :lol:

DD Cap Demo Vids

If you are using it with a water piece and combusting, try on a j-hook or with dry piece so you notice when the flavor hits right away to judge heat. I hadn't used mine in 2 weeks since I've been on a buying craze w/vapes lately and notice I didn't combust, didn't do practice before video, once you get you get it. The DD cap is awesome though, and in fact I'm going to enjoy it some right now. Cheers!
Good vids those are really helpful. I think I just need to crank it up a bit, and the Elev8r bowl might hold the heater a little farther away. I'll probably give it another go tonight eventually

hotmeals,
Reactions: RogueGuy

Ford Wenty

Good vids those are really helpful. I think I just need to crank it up a bit, and the Elev8r bowl might hold the heater a little farther away. I'll probably give it another go tonight eventually
Glad they helped. I ended up w/seven hits from that bowl. I'm still having fun with it and just did back to back on two bongs with ball vape vs. DD cap. DD cap can absolutely keep up in cloud size and potency. Preheat the bowl for biggest clouds and quicker heat ups for hits.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@mixchu69 I think others covered it well. They are really similar. I think the 18 wins out on airflow and the bowl is bigger. I think you will be happy with either

@hotmeals if it doesnt end up working out for you let me know. I stopped selling it as a stand alone without bowl because I cant really guarantee results or fit with every bowl. I use a Vapcap triple

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I stopped selling it as a stand alone without bowl because I cant really guarantee results or fit with every bowl.
Hah, I was wondering why the standalone seemed to disappear from your site soon after I bought one.
I use a Vapcap triple
Sweet I was considering trying that also. Should at least be able to get it going with that I think. Going to go try a bowl right now

Edit: Triple torch did the deed, thanks guys! This is going to be a fun little on demand ripper to play with for quick bowls. And much harder to combust with than I was expecting, which is nice

Last edited:

Durbandream

@RogueGuy or anyone that owns both: what are the differences between the terpcicle and the QC18 other than the aesthetics?
The 18mm can hold more flower, and is much more forgiving with temperature. It's the only one out of itself, the Terpcicle and the 14mm QC that I use ground flower in, otherwise I only use broken up nugs. The Terpcicle has better flavor (it can have the best flavor I've ever encountered anywhere if you get the temp just right), and it has a more intense, conduction type high. The effects of the 18mm QC are heavier and more stoney, though they can also get intense but in a different, often psychedelic way.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
The DD Cap has been absolutely blowing my mind since we got it going with the triple torch. It feels so dirty putting it on the Elev8r bowl and enjoying it more than the Elev8r heater. It's like a glass Lotus. Just exquisite vapor, it tastes so good. So pure. I'm being reminded of how useful it is to be able to tune the hit on the fly. Makes it much easier for me to consistently get the hit I want in varying ambient conditions and with varying material. Instantly one of my favorite vapes in my collection, and I regret not trying a vape of this style sooner.

Last edited:

Ford Wenty

The DD Cap has been absolutely blowing my mind since we got it going with the triple torch. It feels so dirty putting it on the Elev8r bowl and enjoying it more than the Elev8r heater. It's like a glass Lotus. Just exquisite vapor, it tastes so good. So pure. I'm being reminded of how useful it is to be able to tune the hit on the fly. Makes it much easier for me to consistently get the hit I want in varying ambient conditions and with varying material. Instantly one of my favorite vapes in my collection, and I regret not trying a vape of this style sooner.
Glad you're getting it down and enjoying those big hits! Mine got a lot of use this past weekend and about to get some more. Cheers

Top Bottom