Discontinued Glass Symphony XLR

babaganush

Thanks man! Appreciate the tips! I tried again last night & they started to come loose so I'm feeling better about it. Question for you? At first I thought it was the glass that I didn't take extra precaution to clean. But last night I clearly narrowed it down. I definitely get a taste when I hit this from the 3 way adapter/heater. I can even still smell/taste this after in my bubbler. Thinking maybe the heater still needs more of a burn-off? Will it just go away after a little more use? Anyone else here have a similar experience?

Have had a similar experience, but Jojos taking care of me, gonna get a replacement heater and send mine back for him to check out.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hello I’m new to the forum! I have had my eye on the glass symphony, and the flowerpot for quite some time now! From everything I read I think my choice is going to be the glass symphony. Just waiting for my tax return check to land

Welcome to the forum!
You will not be disappointed in the Glass Symphony!
It delivers flavor and vapor in very civilized buckets!
All on demand full convection! A dream of a vaporizer!

One tip i have is to make sure you have a nice, stable base on your water tool to support the GS.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I ordered and got a 3d printed plastic version of my 24/40 joint I've been making and it fit really well. I left a little extra room so it stuck out of the bottom a bit, but I wanted extra width for when the glaze get's added. Once I decided the joint was ready I spent a week or two looking at models and putting the joint in different stuff. I finally decided on a design and ordered it yesterday, it should arrive in about 20 days.

Unfortunately on shapeways for porcelain the maximum bounding box is 125mm x 125mm x 200mm so I'm not sure how secure the base will be. I'd be much happier if it were 160mm x 160mm or more. I'll post pics of it once get it, at that size I'm not super confident it will end up being sturdy enough. If it works well I'll put the file up somewhere for anyone to download and mess with or print out. I have a couple I can put up, my favorite of the stands was a deathstar one. Sadly they don't have a gray glaze and it HAS to be gray, I have the same problem with a Bender (from Futurama) one.

Anyways, here's some boring pics of the plastic joint (mostly) fitting:
IMG_20180117_085024.jpg
IMG_20180117_085059.jpg

If this doesn't work I'll probably just say fuck it and get a cool piece of sturdy wood to drill holes in and make a bowl board out of. The one @Cl4ud3 did looks really nice, I'd be happy with something like that. Or maybe go bug one of the fc wood magicians...

lazylathe

Almost there...
I am going to steal another members idea and use a beautiful piece of natural edged wood as a base!
I will drill out and install a glass 24/40 joint that will be epoxied into to wood.
Nice varnish or oil and it will be a beauty!

It was @Cl4ud3 !!!

Maybe even something for @jojo monkey to consider?
Live edged, natural stands with a glass insert for MAX stability!

Magestral77

Never noticed anything like this myself, but I only used it for one day, and my mknd was preoccupied with reaction assessment.
Im pretty sure the heater shouldn't need any sort of burn off though.
@jojo monkey would be able to set you straight on that.

Maybe some dust got in there with the beads? Or some hair?

Hey man, I'm still learnng how to post & hopefully tag members here as well. In case you didn't get my tag in another thread, I followed your advice on the clamps & they came off real easy :)
Also I've read this whole thread. Sorry to hear the GS didn't agree with you. Have you gotten an herborizer again yet? I had one literally in the checkout cart before I decided on the GS. One of the reasons I didn't decide on the hbzr. was Intl. shipping to the U.S. & I read it took awhile to prime & such. Tho I would love to try one & see what it tastes like! I'm still working on getting good favor from my GS. Still smells like it might need more of a burn-in. Anyhow, I hope you're getting to enjoy your herbo again w/o any neg. side effects. Cheers!

Alexis

Hey man, I'm still learnng how to post & hopefully tag members here as well. In case you didn't get my tag in another thread, I followed your advice on the clamps & they came off real easy :)
Also I've read this whole thread. Sorry to hear the GS didn't agree with you. Have you gotten an herborizer again yet? I had one literally in the checkout cart before I decided on the GS. One of the reasons I didn't decide on the hbzr. was Intl. shipping to the U.S. & I read it took awhile to prime & such. Tho I would love to try one & see what it tastes like! I'm still working on getting good favor from my GS. Still smells like it might need more of a burn-in. Anyhow, I hope you're getting to enjoy your herbo again w/o any neg. side effects. Cheers!
Thanks man really appreciate the warmth, no I havent got the Herbo yet. I have decided to wait for the digital version in the Spring.
Yes you would pay more for shipping, but I sure envy you guys in the USA and your mega high import VAT threshold.

No I never sawvan alert to your tag. Did you add the mention after editing a post?
If so that is why. The biggest flaw with this site- if you mention another member after editing a post, the member in question wont get an alert!

They will never know unless they happen to see it by chance. I have asked the mods if there is any way to fix this but they said not.
This is a big shame to me because I have no doubt that thousands if mentions/tags have gone unnoticed over the years.
The worst part is that nobody is aware of this. I wish there was at least some way of informing old and new members about this. There must be something that can be done? Important info is not getting through, and communication, understanding and respect between members can be compromised. Seriously, so please everybody help us to spread this word so that it becomes normal for anybody, and everybody to inform other members, especially new.

I feel like I am the only one thinking about this and trying to raise awareness.

Right- nuff of that! Hope your GS smell goes away soon, and Im glad you got the clamps off safely. I am very excited to get the Digi-Ti! A bit of a wait but something to look forward to while I continue to work on my health.
Currently I am using the 7th floor elevator which is an exceptional vaporizer for what it is with the purest tastiest vapor and most potent effects from any device I have tried practically.

So it ain't all bad!:)

EDIT- I said "the biggest flaw", but I think it is the ONLY flaw with the website. I think FC works brilliantly, is so well designed and thought out, reliable and very well cared for.
Ot has taken some rap over time but I think so much more credit is due! We take far too much for grantednon our lives, FC included. Rock on, and big respect going out to thr mods!:rockon:

Last edited:

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
When the GS hits production for and is available to customers, will it be made in the US? Sorry if this has been discussed; I searched the thread and couldn't find anything conclusive.

lazylathe

Almost there...
When the GS hits production for and is available to customers, will it be made in the US? Sorry if this has been discussed; I searched the thread and couldn't find anything conclusive.

The controller is from China and possibly the heater cartridge, not sure on heater though.
All glassware is sourced from US scientific glass manufacturers to @jojo monkey specs.
It is assembled and tested in the US.

Magestral77

Thanks man really appreciate the warmth, no I havent got the Herbo yet. I have decided to wait for the digital version in the Spring.
Yes you would pay more for shipping, but I sure envy you guys in the USA and your mega high import VAT threshold.

No I never sawvan alert to your tag. Did you add the mention after editing a post?
If so that is why. The biggest flaw with this site- if you mention another member after editing a post, the member in question wont get an alert!

They will never know unless they happen to see it by chance. I have asked the mods if there is any way to fix this but they said not.
This is a big shame to me because I have no doubt that thousands if mentions/tags have gone unnoticed over the years.
The worst part is that nobody is aware of this. I wish there was at least some way of informing old and new members about this. There must be something that can be done? Important info is not getting through, and communication, understanding and respect between members can be compromised. Seriously, so please everybody help us to spread this word so that it becomes normal for anybody, and everybody to inform other members, especially new.

I feel like I am the only one thinking about this and trying to raise awareness.

Right- nuff of that! Hope your GS smell goes away soon, and Im glad you got the clamps off safely. I am very excited to get the Digi-Ti! A bit of a wait but something to look forward to while I continue to work on my health.
Currently I am using the 7th floor elevator which is an exceptional vaporizer for what it is with the purest tastiest vapor and most potent effects from any device I have tried practically.

So it ain't all bad!:)

EDIT- I said "the biggest flaw", but I think it is the ONLY flaw with the website. I think FC works brilliantly, is so well designed and thought out, reliable and very well cared for.
Ot has taken some rap over time but I think so much more credit is due! We take far too much for grantednon our lives, FC included. Rock on, and big respect going out to thr mods!:rockon:
Well said Alexis. I'm glad I followed up here with my previous post. I've appreciated all the advice you've given me. Looking forward to hearing how your Digi-Ti turns out. Glad your happy with the 7th floor elevator for the time being.

Magestral77,
Reactions: Alexis

Dubmonkey

Rocking the GS at 717 on the stadium bowl on top of a Roor vapor body bubbler. That roor piece has taken the flavor/medicate up a notch compared to my Grav sidecar bubbler. The draw on the roor is unreal and so easy to adjust draw speeds without much effort.

Wondering if I was packing my baskets to tight when using the funnel bowl. Now just sprinkling on a pinch in the stadium bowl.

Anyway GS still working great. I got the 18mm stand from AquaLabs and it doesn’t have a big base which means the GS wishes to topple over in the direction of the handle. I like the wood idea and will make one or something similar. Can’t have my GS be down at anytime :)

mixchu69

Rocking the GS at 717 on the stadium bowl on top of a Roor vapor body bubbler. That roor piece has taken the flavor/medicate up a notch compared to my Grav sidecar bubbler. The draw on the roor is unreal and so easy to adjust draw speeds without much effort.

Wondering if I was packing my baskets to tight when using the funnel bowl. Now just sprinkling on a pinch in the stadium bowl.

Anyway GS still working great. I got the 18mm stand from AquaLabs and it doesn’t have a big base which means the GS wishes to topple over in the direction of the handle. I like the wood idea and will make one or something similar. Can’t have my GS be down at anytime :)
i hate @Dubmonkey and @lazylathe . Time for me to buy the roor vapor bubbler (was hoping that the herbo bubbler would be comparable). And the GS looks pretty interesting, hopinh @jojo monkey is still working on a stand

shaolinmilk

I have the dome bowl and the normal bowl. Whenever I take a draw, the GS gets stuck to the bowl. Any tips on what I should do to lessen the suction?

Alexis

@Hogni what do you think are the chances that Steven would be willing, and also able, to make us all a decent Roor bubbler copy? Is this something that could possibly be made to happen?

Maybe sheer wishful thinking has taken over in my Elev8d state.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Hi Alexis, I don't know. I've contacted them for the bridge adapter and the carbon bowl adapters. Sent them some pics about and Jane told me they want make them. No more questions they just produced them. But the bridge adapter was'nt made as I recommended. Bridge pretty long, bottom of the intakes to flat (I recommended to make them deeper for better catching of reclaim, even better to add a detachable reclaim container at the bottom of the outer joint). But they've made what the made - not REALLY lucky about.

A few weeks ago they've offered the new carbon bowl adapters too but can't find them anymore at their site.

I asked for more other shaped mouthpieces (length, angle, joints, tappers, tips) demonstrated by a lot of pics I've asked for here. Jane told me Steven is wiling to make them. Ok there is a new one (45 degree angled) and already existing mps are now offerd as replacement parts but nothing of the new ones.

And I asked for a modular piece like the Sheldon Black clone with changable mouthpieces and percs, maybe 4 of each, at least to improve modularity of the FC-MOD by offering more percs and mps for it. But never got a reply, and never got a reply to my 2, 3 further inquiries about over nearly 8w.

Now I'm a bit frustrated and lost my interest in intervention. But I'm still very interested in a more modular piece than in a "Roor Vapor" (that's the name of this bubbler).

Will ask for it just one more time with an advice asking other producer for it if they don't reply or don't have any interest. I'm pretty disappointed by their communication. I'm no beggarly petitioner!

But what I'm writing all that HERE? It's the wrong thread for it :ugh:

Perhaps I'll buy one at the Mary Jane Cannabis Convention this year in Berlin. Last year Roor offered a 20% exhibition discount on all their pieces and I was very tempted to buy this piece. But i don't think so. More than 300 € for that piece is still out of my cost limits for bubblers. I guess even 240 would be too much for my liking.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
I ordered and got a 3d printed plastic version of my 24/40 joint I've been making and it fit really well. I left a little extra room so it stuck out of the bottom a bit, but I wanted extra width for when the glaze get's added. Once I decided the joint was ready I spent a week or two looking at models and putting the joint in different stuff. I finally decided on a design and ordered it yesterday, it should arrive in about 20 days.

Unfortunately on shapeways for porcelain the maximum bounding box is 125mm x 125mm x 200mm so I'm not sure how secure the base will be. I'd be much happier if it were 160mm x 160mm or more. I'll post pics of it once get it, at that size I'm not super confident it will end up being sturdy enough. If it works well I'll put the file up somewhere for anyone to download and mess with or print out. I have a couple I can put up, my favorite of the stands was a deathstar one. Sadly they don't have a gray glaze and it HAS to be gray, I have the same problem with a Bender (from Futurama) one.

Anyways, here's some boring pics of the plastic joint (mostly) fitting:
IMG_20180117_085024.jpg
IMG_20180117_085059.jpg

If this doesn't work I'll probably just say fuck it and get a cool piece of sturdy wood to drill holes in and make a bowl board out of. The one @Cl4ud3 did looks really nice, I'd be happy with something like that. Or maybe go bug one of the fc wood magicians...
I am sure you learned many things along the way. Great effort!:clap:

Live edged, natural stands with a glass insert for MAX stability!
I am a huge fan of live edge.

Side note, side reading..... This dude is a live edge master http://www.nakashimawoodworker.com
great pics on the site.

I am in the USA. The parts come from all over (including the USA).

If there was enough interest I can do a 100% made in the USA batch. Some of the glass is already made in the USA so it's not like we're starting at 0%.

The controller is from China and possibly the heater cartridge, not sure on heater though.
All glassware is sourced from US scientific glass manufacturers to @jojo monkey specs.
It is assembled and tested in the US.
Just to be clear: the parts come from all over. Some parts are made in the USA. The controller is Chinese.

hopinh @jojo monkey is still working on a stand
Yes, I am still working on it. I am thinking there should be more than one type.

I grab my bowl, twist n pull GS out. Some beeswax would do on the joints?
yeah, this! or lip balm, water, oil....Or you could hold the handle during a hit and never let the vape drop all the way into the bowl. A floating glass hit.

I tend to do a jiggle before I lift and that works most times. Some of my bubblers are better than others at holding the bowl.

Sometimes sticking means the joint needs to be wiped down.

i like the simple construction.

An idea: you can form a simple spring steel holder. Someting similar as for a soldering iron. Or just use a soldering iron holder itself.
Thanks!

:wave: Welcome.

Great idea for a stand!

lazylathe

Almost there...
RDK-200 set at 845F with actual temp of 837F.
Micro bowl loaded with fine grind OG Kush, micro loads that just cover the bottom of an EQ bowl.
One rippers that just keep getting better!
I love how efficient it is with tiny loads but is still able to milk up a tube for visual satisfaction!
It's also so simple to use and maintain.
Everyone needs to try this vape out sometime!!

ABV is perfectly even every time!
Turning down the temps to achieve a slightly lighter tan ABV to retain more flavor!
I love testing Sundays!!
:science::freak::borg::leaf:

EDIT: More testing!
The GS is also MiniVap Flexicone compatible!
Rests perfectly on the lip and extracts the basket in one hit!
Lovely!

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Shapeways emailed me today and told me they can't print my 3d porcelain stand. It passed all the automatic checks so I thought it was good, but looks like it was too thick and cracked while getting fired. Looking at the guidelines page now I see that it says at any part it can only be 50mm thick. That pretty much rules out any of the potential stands I was working on. I was thinking short, thick, and heavy when I was looking for stuff.

I'm kind of bummed, I was looking forward to getting it whether it worked as a stand or not. Though I appreciate their explanation and the picture is really helpful, for an online experience it's pretty good. I'm going to take another look at my stuff again knowing what I know now and see if any work or can be fixed. I might need to start from scratch and rethink what I'm looking for.

rejection.jpg

Top Bottom