Discontinued Glass Symphony XLR

lazylathe

Almost there...
Whoops sorry Lazy, I forgot to tell you you can stop pretending the Glass Symhony is actually decent now- I don't need the promo any more but thanks man great job, your cheque is in the post!;)
(And don't worry, i'm sure I will have more work for you in the future.)

LMAO!! You are too funny!
Pity your mom never got a chance to test this beast out!
It's a pretty good vape i guess...:freak::science::evil::mental::rockon:

Cl4ud3

My friend at work is a GS convert as of last night, his quote "its brutal" haha, it's good to hear :lol:. One quick thought tho his only gripe is the lack of a stand to keep it on, any movement on that yet @jojo monkey or DIY stands from GS owners?
Some people are using bunsen burner tripod stands or trays, I got some wood and drilled holes in it. Not finished but it works for now.
05xBDbD.jpeg

Cl4ud3

Apologies for the back to back posting. Curious how many have tried or are using a basket in the downstem of the bowl ? I know some have used a ELB lid or similar held above but I've been playing with this for micro dosing.
a9rpOcP.jpeg

any thoughts ? I am stirring the load up after a hit if I've filled too much but it seems to work fine. I put two screens in, one inside the other for extra stability.

Magestral77

Trying to fire up my GS for the first time. In @jojo monkey's instructions for the Auber300, he said to initially set it at 300 & that the PID should overshoot it & then settle within one degree of temp. He said if not to contact him. I really want to try the GS tonight of course. Don't know how to adjust the settings. I have them all currently set to the recommended settings in his instructions.Temp was consistently within 3 deg & now has slowly made it to within 2 deg. Is the PID/heater operating close enough to as it should to give this beast a try?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Apologies for the back to back posting. Curious how many have tried or are using a basket in the downstem of the bowl ? I know some have used a ELB lid or similar held above but I've been playing with this for micro dosing.
a9rpOcP.jpeg

any thoughts ? I am stirring the load up after a hit if I've filled too much but it seems to work fine. I put two screens in, one inside the other for extra stability.

I tried this the first time before settling on using an EQ basket. The rimless screen moved around too much, up and down, and when the distance changed the temp was not the same...
With the EQ basket the load is always in the same location and the results are more consistent.

CaptVapor

Trying to fire up my GS for the first time. In @jojo monkey's instructions for the Auber300, he said to initially set it at 300 & that the PID should overshoot it & then settle within one degree of temp. He said if not to contact him. I really want to try the GS tonight of course. Don't know how to adjust the settings. I have them all currently set to the recommended settings in his instructions.Temp was consistently within 3 deg & now has slowly made it to within 2 deg. Is the PID/heater operating close enough to as it should to give this beast a try?

This is fine, hope you got a chance to try it!

shaolinmilk

This fucking vaporizer man... it's just so exciting and fun to use. I'm using way too much bud, but whatever... it's so damn good. It's so powerful yet so smooth at the same time. It's definitely in my top 2 for most powerful vape along with the SV3. I'm still debating which vape gets me higher, and as of now... I think it's still the SV3, however with time... this may just overtake it.

CaptVapor

Oh man, I hear ya, the first couple weeks owning the GS I was heavily medicated all the time - made the daytime almost unbearable as I was so dopamine-deprived!

I'm in a prohibition state but get pretty good prices (the perks of being somewhere for over 15 years, you climb that weed ladder!) - it's not a problem financially to use too much bud, but it does take a toll on the 'ol noggin :p

Magestral77

Go for it
Yeah, I couldn't resist! Got two powerful extractions at 777°f. Not sure how to adjust PID parameters or if I need to, to get temp. more accurate or not? PID never overshot set temp. to then level out. It got within 12° below set temp at 700+ & pretty much maintained there. GS was pretty easy to put together but clamps are now on good & tight. Not sure how to take back off without potentially breaking glass. Any tips?
After extremely limited testing, I'm very impressed so far. More testing needed however before I can fully share my impressions.

Last edited:

Alexis

Yeah, I couldn't resist! Got two powerful extractions at 777°f. Not sure how to adjust PID parameters or if I need to, to get temp. more accurate or not? PID never overshot set temp. to then level out. It got within 12° below set temp at 700+ & pretty much maintained there. GS was pretty easy to put together but clamps are now on good & tight. Not sure how to take back off without potentially breaking glass. Any tips?
After extremely limited texting, I'm very impressed so far. More testing needed however before I can fully share my impressions.
The clampa will come free pretty easily with a little measured and controlled force. Just be careful and symmetrical about it, I think the glass is more than tough enough.

I managed it myself fairly easily and Im pretty damn useless believe me, THAT is how easy it is!

Magestral77

The clampa will come free pretty easily with a little measured and controlled force. Just be careful and symmetrical about it, I think the glass is more than tough enough.

I managed it myself fairly easily and Im pretty damn useless believe me, THAT is how easy it is!
Thanks Alexis! I hope so. I half-heartedly pushed on two of the "prongs" on one of the clips to try but it didn't budge. Probably try to test again tonight when I get home.

Alexis

Thanks Alexis! I hope so. I half-heartedly pushed on two of the "prongs" on one of the clips to try but it didn't budge. Probably try to test again tonight when I get home.
Yeah try not to be too scared about it. I admit after I put it together, it seemed a bit dauntiing to try and remove. But I found some beads on the floor so I had to, which was no bog deal actually. Like I say, just exert some symetrical force, hold the glass upright (or flat but facing you, clip side) and lever it towards you evenly with equal pressure on both sides of the clip.

I then also dissasembled it again for re-homing, again very easily. I wasn't that worried about breakage at all.

It will just pop free. Good luck, Im sure it will be fine.

Magestral77

Thanks man! Appreciate the tips! I tried again last night & they started to come loose so I'm feeling better about it. Question for you? At first I thought it was the glass that I didn't take extra precaution to clean. But last night I clearly narrowed it down. I definitely get a taste when I hit this from the 3 way adapter/heater. I can even still smell/taste this after in my bubbler. Thinking maybe the heater still needs more of a burn-off? Will it just go away after a little more use? Anyone else here have a similar experience?

Alexis

Thanks man! Appreciate the tips! I tried again last night & they started to come loose so I'm feeling better about it. Question for you? At first I thought it was the glass that I didn't take extra precaution to clean. But last night I clearly narrowed it down. I definitely get a taste when I hit this from the 3 way adapter/heater. I can even still smell/taste this after in my bubbler. Thinking maybe the heater still needs more of a burn-off? Will it just go away after a little more use? Anyone else here have a similar experience?
Never noticed anything like this myself, but I only used it for one day, and my mknd was preoccupied with reaction assessment.
Im pretty sure the heater shouldn't need any sort of burn off though.
@jojo monkey would be able to set you straight on that.

Maybe some dust got in there with the beads? Or some hair?

Magestral77

Never noticed anything like this myself, but I only used it for one day, and my mknd was preoccupied with reaction assessment.
Im pretty sure the heater shouldn't need any sort of burn off though.
@jojo monkey would be able to set you straight on that.

Maybe some dust got in there with the beads? Or some hair?

Yeah, It's like a hot heater cartridge/metal taste that interferes with the flavor of my yummies. I emailed @jojo monkey with other questions yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I'm thinking it's because it's the weekend. Thanks for your help Alexis.

shaolinmilk

I've been experimenting with draw speeds and what-not to try and get the most out of the GS. I noticed if you draw too fast, you will have bits of green and bits of super dark ABV that looks toasty. If you draw too slow, it'll extract more evenly, however it'll be too green and you'll need to take more draws in order to finish the load. I wished there was a way to add some air turbulence or something that is pushing the air out from the glass tube so you wouldn't have to draw as hard in order to get a quick extraction. I'm still experimenting and so far... I actually greened out last night from going too hard. Got too dizzy and it was night night for me. haha

Zow237

I've been experimenting with draw speeds and what-not to try and get the most out of the GS. I noticed if you draw too fast, you will have bits of green and bits of super dark ABV that looks toasty. If you draw too slow, it'll extract more evenly, however it'll be too green and you'll need to take more draws in order to finish the load. I wished there was a way to add some air turbulence or something that is pushing the air out from the glass tube so you wouldn't have to draw as hard in order to get a quick extraction. I'm still experimenting and so far... I actually greened out last night from going too hard. Got too dizzy and it was night night for me. haha
Using funnel or stadium bowl?

Top Bottom