Glass comparible (or similar) to Mobius?

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, so I owned a lot of nice glass but once I started buying Mobius I got rid of everything else. To me, Mobius is glass perfection. I love the thick glass and beautiful designs. I think the labels are understated and very cool looking.

Now, I realize everyone has their own taste in glass (and everything else in life) so my opinions are just that- opinions. For me I will never buy glass with an obnoxious label (Roor, Hitman, etc.). I know these are great pieces, but again, it's just my personal preference. I don't like color in my glass, and I like the glass to be thick and well built. Like Mobius.

So, the question is- what's out there that rivals Mobius in esthetics and performance? I don't really want to debate who makes the best glass. I have owned Philpot, Toro, the Wilson bros, Medicali, Migrant, and more. I loved them and they were all great, but to me Mobius blows them away. So what glass blows you away?

Tstat,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
I just bought a SG Peyote Pillar and I will be putting my 65T up for sale. I might even get rid of my 65B. It is beautiful and I love holding it. And the function and size is perfect!! In in love with this piece!

Your Highness,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
BDV... I have heard good things about that as well. But, I just don't like the label and whatever that branding is called. I know for some it sounds nuts (esp since the M&M stuff is so well priced), but it's a large part of what I base my decision on. That shit looks awesome, especially for the price. I'm still going to buy one for my son who is not as OCD as I am about shit like that :)

Tstat,

PAZ

BDV... I have heard good things about that as well. But, I just don't like the label and whatever that branding is called. I know for some it sounds nuts (esp since the M&M stuff is so well priced), but it's a large part of what I base my decision on. That shit looks awesome, especially for the price. I'm still going to buy one for my son who is not as OCD as I am about shit like that :)

I'm sure he can do one without the branding, or more discreet.

PAZ,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm sure he can do one without the branding, or more discreet.

I don't speak for Lev and I can't say that. I really don't know if he would, or not. The MegaTube, is kind of an exception, because it was made during a transition. The blower asked if he could brand it M&M (it has a stamp on the back of the perc chamber).

BigDaddyVapor,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, I'm not looking to buy something right now, but the Lev stuff always intrigued me. Again, I just am not a fan of logos.

SG... I LOVE the SG HydraTube inline, and the discreet logo on it. Gonna look at that. :)

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hehe... Is it? Yea... Gotta go for another vape :) I do love that inline, though.
Hey, it's Friday night!

Anyone like Mothership or Termini?

Tstat,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Hehe... Is it? Yea... Gotta go for another vape :) I do love that inline, though.
Hey, it's Friday night!

Anyone like Mothership or Termini?

I really like some of the stuff mothership is doing. Termini most of their stuff looks really awkward with how they are porporrioned I am kinda particular on symmetry in some things though.

noserub

The Earl of Indica
What about Olympic? The horizon > helix is pretty dope... This thing is really sexy in person.

OLYMPIC60mmHH-Female-4.jpg

OLYMPIC50mmHL-Female-2.jpg

noserub,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, that Olympic looks nice. I have been looking around at SG. Do they not have a sandblasted logo? I reall hate most of the labels on them. Off to look up Olympic:)

Tstat,
Reactions: noserub

stickstones

Vapor concierge
tstat....I came in here to laugh and say another matrix. Then I saw it was your thread, and you've already driven all the way to the end of that street!

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Mobius, is not the end-all, be-all. I've learned that, searching for a Mobius piece, for a year now. In fact, they're pretty much the new flavor of the month. When I started searching for one, it was Toro. Everyone had to have a Toro, or a Sheldon Black! They were the pinnacle of glass. Others were poseurs. You could log onto the laugh-attack GC and find people clowning Mobius on a daily basis. An Example (and some do make good points)

Now, I'm not bagging on Mobius. I still want a Matrix (though, maybe not after tomorrow). But, when Mobius owners start telling me, my Lattice kicks the @#$% out of their 65T Stereo Matrix... I take notice.

When your choice, is strongly (negatively) graphics driven, then it seriously limits your choices. Open that up and open up a whole new world of glass.

You want close to a Mobius? I've hinted at it, said it. Guess I'll show it. Here's 4 very Mobius-centric pieces.

MM-S20044_zps854e4a9b.jpg

MM-S20042_zps24ece656.jpg

grid_c5_png_zps8ff3ea9a.png

grid_c05-b50_png_zps43087ec6.png

Doesn't get any more "comparable to a Mobius" than those. If you can't get over the logos (which the M&M Tech WILL have, those are blanks that just came out of the oven)... then just go buy another Mobius.

But, if we're going to just keep coming back to Mobius, shouldn't this be merged and part of the already popular Mobius thread?

EDIT: Delta 9
DLOM-BUB-2T_zpsfe35adf9.jpg

EDIT II: Cheech
tireperc-clear-pireli_zpsd87d0d7c.jpg

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Where did you find all of those BDV?! Please tell, PM plz if you can. I was about to pull the trigger on a RETI micro, but I personally know it's not the best decision for me(& my bank account) ATM. I am very interesting in M&M tech, I have had one of their pieces since before they started the whole 'lev/m&m FC' pieces. I missed out on those(would have snagged one in a heartbeat had I known about them). :(

GratefulVapor,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
But, if we're going to just keep coming back to Mobius, shouldn't this be merged and part of the already popular Mobius thread?

Really? At the start of this thread I openly said why I like Mobius. I also said it is (OBVIOUSLY) my personal preference. So far there have been some insightful posts about other brands. Why do you care about the thread I started for comparisons to Mobius? I am interested in SIMILAR glass, not something with a knock-off matrix and crap logos.

When your choice, is strongly (negatively) graphics driven, then it seriously limits your choices.

True. So what? I said I don't like big logos with eagles and shit. I don't like branded glass that looks amateurish. In MY OPINION M&M has both. I have owned Toro and SB in the past. Nope, didn't like the logos. I mean, WTF, if I didn't care about shitty looking logos I could be interested in ANY of the glass currently making the rounds. If I did not care about obtuse logos and branding I never would have asked what people feel is similar to Mobius.

BDV, I certainly don't want to argue the merits of Mobius. If you do, then maybe YOU should head on over to that thread you mentioned. And Grass City? Really? ;)

Tstat,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
My response was not in that spirit/feeling. It was pointing out the obvious.

I will leave you, to debate the glass you want, without my input.

Good luck.

P.S. I also refrained from trashing any of the brands. You calling my friend's work amateurish and crap, is insulting AND a TOS violation, as he is a member here. And yes, that is exactly what you said. Read it again.

I am interested in SIMILAR glass, not something with a knock-off matrix and crap logos.

<snip>

True. So what? I said I don't like big logos with eagles and shit. I don't like branded glass that looks amateurish. In MY OPINION M&M has both.

Oh, btw... you might want to talk to Lev, about accusing him of a Matrix knock-off (difference between similar and knock-off). He made it quite clear to me, they're ready to take on Mobius themselves, if they think its a rip-off.

BigDaddyVapor,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Whatever, man. I love his glass. Minus the logo and branding. I even almost bought one (remember?). Big fucking deal. But even if he was MY friend I would not run around advertising his stuff. It's funny, in the back of my mind I thought if I started this thread you would turn it into an M&M pitch. Which is fine with me, I just don't happen to want to buy M&M. We both know why (in addition to the logo/brand).

Again, I started this thread to see what glass is similar to Mobius in looks and function. Several posts back you pitched M&M and I said then what I don't like about it. WHO CARES, BDV?? It's an opinion, and if I find large logos/branding amateurish looking, so what? If you are that offended by that comment then report me :)

A lot of people don't feel as I do and again- so what? If you are not particular about large logos, buy whatever! I'm certainly in the minority, judging by what's out there.

You may not have posted in that spirit/feeling. I realize how that goes.

You want close to a Mobius? I've hinted at it, said it. Guess I'll show it. Here's 4 very Mobius-centric pieces.

But, a tad condescending, no? What exactly have you hinted at?

And my first post stated:
So, the question is- what's out there that rivals Mobius in esthetics and performance? I don't really want to debate who makes the best glass.

Tstat,
Reactions: darkrom

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So you assumed my tone (AND WORDS), then just flat out, made your statements? Plain as day.

Condescending? You took it that way. As I said. I'm done.

I didn't report you. I report things, like spammers and such.

M&M pitch? I showed 5 pieces of glass. 2 were M&M, 2 were Bent, 1 was Cheech.

BigDaddyVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
tstat, saying that Lev's glass has a "knock off matrix and crap logos" may be your opinion, but along with the attitude of your last two posts and some of the other things you have written, you are coming very close to stepping over the line on this rule:

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.

Let's just sit back folks, vape a bowl and rethink how we're going to continue in this thread.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It's closer to sov than möbius, but have you looked into EFS?

With a bent neck, it has the same ergonomics of a bubbler.
His label is a subtle sandblasted "EFS", and he does custom blasting, so you could maybe design your own EFS logo / any other blasting you may want.

My EFS gridded donut is one of my prized pieces, up there with my möbius.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hmmm... I forgot about them! I talked to them a while back about a custom piece. Damn... Thanks for the reminder. I think I'll re-visit that idea!

Top Bottom