Discontinued Ghost MV1

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Would you rather it come out now and have flaws or wait till it’s ready?
Ahhcha! That is a BRILLIANT FUCKING POINT!!!!:lol::D:lol::D:tup:
YES, we would all rather wait till it is ready than have it released with flaws... that is exactly how I am sure many felt about the initial release:doh:

Interesting to take that position on the release of the App, but I did feel the company had a different strategy when having the choice to release a not ready product or go for the fast sales...

:myday::myday::myday::myday::myday:

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I won't say that GV was going for the revenue. I do assume that they must have been concerned with losing their customer base because of the extended delay. And we do know financially for us consumers that it is a matter of this or that one because we can't afford both. And some did give up on waiting & went with another unit.

@FlyingLow, that was a good gotcha funny!

passenger

is this thing on?
I won't say that GV was going for the revenue. I do assume that they must have been concerned with losing their customer base because of the extended delay. And we do know financially for us consumers that it is a matter of this or that one because we can't afford both. And some did give up on waiting & went with another unit.
Hm. If you mean they were concerned about losing their potential customer base and therefore released an unfinished product (if you count the app as part of the finished product) before the customers spend it on something else then going after revenue is exactly what they did as that is connected. But maybe I didn’t understood your post correct.
In a way I think it’s a bad move of GV of not partaking in here. I don’t follow other forums much, as I think this here is the real thing for all topics about vaping. But it looks like there is not much info dripping out from GV - it would have been reported here. Is VCBud’s forum the only forum where they partake? That doesn’t reflect well in my opinion. In this special case. This is no bashing @VCBud - come back! You probably got so much bashing it should be enough for the year Peace!

passenger,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, @passenger, point noted. Yes, VLF is the only forum they are on. Makes sense since Bud was/is their front man. And while I think they should have a presence here now, it's totally understandable to me why they don't -- have you seen the ghost speculation (pre-shipping) thread? Both Bud & GV got crucified unmercifully. As I've said before, I do expect them to have a presence here once the app successfully launches. Unfortunately, I think them having a presence pre-app release will unfortunately only bring out the usual trolls. You'll see who they are in that old thread -- some who are interested in the vape & others who are not, but who just enjoy the stimulation they get from both discussion &/or bickering about the vape's architecture & GV's rollout. As far as Bud is concerned, there's nothing he can tell us that we can't readily read on his forum if so inclined because he's not a software programmer, so like us, he's waiting, too.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

passenger

is this thing on?
Well, @passenger, point noted. Yes, VLF is the only forum they are on. Makes sense since Bud was/is their front man. And while I think they should have a presence here now, it's totally understandable to me why they don't -- have you seen the ghost speculation (pre-shipping) thread? Both Bud & GV got crucified unmercifully. As I've said before, I do expect them to have a presence here once the app successfully launches. Unfortunately, I think them having a presence pre-app release will unfortunately only bring out the usual trolls. You'll see who they are in that old thread -- some who are interested in the vape & others who are not, but who just enjoy the stimulation they get from both discussion &/or bickering about the vape's architecture & GV's rollout. As far as Bud is concerned, there's nothing he can tell us that we can't readily read on his forum if so inclined because he's not a software programmer, so like us, he's waiting, too.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Fully respecting your opinion. Doesn't it look a bit as trying to keep the upper hand in damage control to you too? Whatever it is...
I still think the device is interesting. :) There is some love going on for it too. After all, it's a vaporizer. :cool:

passenger,

toked23

I must have just been lucky. My ghost works perfectly. Easy to use. I don’t figgit with anything, don’t pay attention to grind. Hit button, inhale, boom.

toked23,
Reactions: Summer
From VC on vapelife forum

• Hey guys I just did a new battery life test with my final-production MV1 and wanted to share my results I jotted down.
  • Battery lasted 95 draws

• Important takeaways:

- Start at level 2 with a full battery and bump to level 3 after not too long, then when it seems weak bump to level 4 and you should be able to vape there for quite a while with good vapor production. Near the very end of the test I bumped to level 5 for the last 5-10 hits to finish it off.

- My battery life indicator was showing that I was down to one blinking light (almost dead) after just ~50 hits, but I kept going and it didn’t die. After ~95 hits it didn’t seem strong enough even on level 5 to fully vape my herb anymore, so I considered the test over.

- I stopped once in the middle of each session to stir my herb in the crucible, so one stir for each 5-10 hit load.

- When the battery isn’t at full strength you can pack more/tighter without charring, just remember to stir once, and you’ll get bigger hits."
That is quite a discussion. I find this is mostly my experience.

Brewervapesalot

From VC on vapelife forum

• Hey guys I just did a new battery life test with my final-production MV1 and wanted to share my results I jotted down.
  • Battery lasted 95 draws

• Important takeaways:

- Start at level 2 with a full battery and bump to level 3 after not too long, then when it seems weak bump to level 4 and you should be able to vape there for quite a while with good vapor production. Near the very end of the test I bumped to level 5 for the last 5-10 hits to finish it off.

- My battery life indicator was showing that I was down to one blinking light (almost dead) after just ~50 hits, but I kept going and it didn’t die. After ~95 hits it didn’t seem strong enough even on level 5 to fully vape my herb anymore, so I considered the test over.

- I stopped once in the middle of each session to stir my herb in the crucible, so one stir for each 5-10 hit load.

- When the battery isn’t at full strength you can pack more/tighter without charring, just remember to stir once, and you’ll get bigger hits."
That is quite a discussion. I find this is mostly my experience.

I just hope the app fixes my unit that doesn't work well. I hope it does so before the batteries go bad from non-use... I also hope I don't have check battery life and adjust the heat settings based on that guesswork....

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: sweetherb

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Brewervapesalot, twice a week, turn the unit on to check the battery level. If the battery level is 1 or 2 throw it on the charge to top it off. I'm purely guessing, but I think it's only a matter of a couple of weeks max until release of the ios version & a month or so until the android is. Hang in -- we've come this far.

analytika

Did Ghost resume manufacturing and shipping? About three weeks ago they emailed me that they'd suspended because of "issues".

Ghost was a nobody on Black Friday.

They also seem to have a dysfunctional website and backend as they claimed they had "no record" of my queuing for the mv1 and demanded screenshots or other "proof".

(I queued from the earliest days of vapecritic's on video "when Harry meet Sally" moment over the thing. )

They as much as called me a liar to my face.

Interaction left a terrible taste in my mouth, and I haven't even put lips on.

Last edited:

SirCrackKillaH

I've been putting a whole lotta mileage on mine lately. The parties, people, festivities, all chill man. I normally don't do back to back bowls with this thing at all. With people it's a little different. Kinda just works its way around. It seems to me that the device on the second bowl pack is where it shines.

From the onset of level 1-2-3 vapor is there and the flavor profile of the bud is on point. I replicated the effect to a certain extent this morning. By jumping it up to level 5 for two pulls without the crucible thingamajig, it essentially primed the unit. Level 2 produced immediate vapor when I put the crucible in.

I've been getting on average 84-95 draws across 12 tests. I haven't been running it to fail, just right at where the device performance drops off at level 3.
Stem adjustment and slower draws have a tendency of heating it more. Larger volume clouds are produced. Overheating has been mitigated by pushing the stem in a bit more. It seems to force more air through the unit.

The batteries are on point. The LED indicators on the device sometimes produce a false read which creates confusion.

Updates will correct these gremlins. In the meantime, I'm loving this thing man. This and my Mighty and IQ right now. Fireflies are in the drawer. I love them too, just not like these lol

LabPong

Totally impossible for you to make any assumptions on what is going on with the software end of it for Ghost. Just because they do not report daily or even bi-monthly with the electronic development.....this does not mean they are just drifting at sea on it..... If you have ever had any experience with programming or getting software perfectly ready for the mobile stores.....you have no idea how hard and how many hoops you got to jump through to get to a decent finished usable product.

This is why they can not say......the app will be finished and published XX many days weeks.....because they have no idea. It's just that it is a process where you have too many variables as you go and they change as you go on.

It sucks big time obviously since we have had the vapes and using them for so long now. I can stave off some irritating feelings while being more than patient for the app drop....but since I see the potential of the MV1......I can keep going like Summer can and just wait it out.....yea it sucks.....but it is what it is and no amount of praise, ranting, or other will change this situation.

So....keep the faith if you have interest and have not wrote it off....if you have not used one or if you have and you want to write if off as a possible vape to use,do it. You have no obligations and you can still get full refund if you have one.

analytika

Totally impossible for you to make any assumptions on what is going on with the software end of it for Ghost. Just because they do not report daily or even bi-monthly with the electronic development.....this does not mean they are just drifting at sea on it..... If you have ever had any experience with programming or getting software perfectly ready for the mobile stores.....you have no idea how hard and how many hoops you got to jump through to get to a decent finished usable product.

Yeah that's not at all true of contemporary mobile app development, quite the contrary.

If you design right.

SirCrackKillaH

:lmao:

@FlyingLow, did you buy one? And if so, do you have an ios or andriod phone?

@SirCrackKillaH, you've got an ios phone, right?

Yep, IPhone 6. I wish I still had my Note 4. Miss it. I should run it off the iPads and iPods i have in the house. I didn't quite think about that till now. Dedicated ghost/Crafty iPod touch would be sweet. I do have one kicking around. Actually now that I think about it, I've never tried to pair either of the devices to multiple Bluetooth enabled devices with app control. how would it determine which to pair to? Unless it'd be a manual reconnect.. hmm.. You just gave me something to play with later. Curious..

Last edited:
SirCrackKillaH,

SirCrackKillaH

It's confirmed. You can effectively prime this device. I put it on level 5 with no crucible in and took one full draw. I then put a full crucible into the chamber and put it on level 2. Clouds. Instant clouds. I'm sure you could put it on 4 or 3. Experimentation man. Hells yeah!
It's like a firefly in that respect. Fireflies you'd prime up and they'd blow your mind. This thing doesn't require making out with the unit to pull off that curve man.

Here's what I did:

2 pulls level 5 no crucible

3 pulls level 2 with crucible

2 pulls level 3

2 pulls level 4

1 pull level 5 with the stem pushed in like an IQ pull

Stir then three wicked pulls at 5, glorious man

Two hours passed since last session. Vape is cool...

I just primed it with one full pull at level 5 and then put a crucible in. Level 2 kicked my ass for four pulls before I jumped up the temps. I'm treating this like a firefly in the respect that now I know I can prime this vape. The upside is that I'm not wasting any bud doing this like I would with a firefly. I'm hitting that curve instantaneously with this vape with minimal effort.

The stem I've pushed in a bit so it's a tighter draw. Stem placement changes the overall profile of the draw, as does how quickly or slowly you draw. That slow build will kick you in the head to the point where you gotta stop halfway into the draw. The IQ i experience that with, Pax I do too. It's hard to describe that fullness. It's there.

Last edited:

SirCrackKillaH

Mine only has 3 settings available :(
How come you got 5?! Unlocked units?

I know they unlocked the initial batch of units that were being sent out. The most current I really don't know. The ones that were unlocked had levels 4 and 5 which was one of the ones I got in. No worries though, should be soon before the app is released. Even without it though, levels 1-3 are perfectly fine. 2 and 3 you can definitely get great vapor production with.

SirCrackKillaH,

junny89

I know they unlocked the initial batch of units that were being sent out. The most current I really don't know. The ones that were unlocked had levels 4 and 5 which was one of the ones I got in. No worries though, should be soon before the app is released. Even without it though, levels 1-3 are perfectly fine. 2 and 3 you can definitely get great vapor production with.

Ahh yes I see what you mean, yeah some people here have 4 & 5. My 4 and 5 right now is concentrate only. I was one of the first to get mine so maybe that's why. The newer units have 4 and 5 for dry herb now, which the app is supposed to unlock.
Oh mate mine is banging on 2 or 3, just a shame I keep getting one spot charring!

Yes I have tried various methods and filling techniques and different loads but it still just get uneven burning :(
Told the app will sort this out! Hopefully :)

junny89,

Mr Mellish

I sent a crucible and lid to @Ratchett so he could get dims. He very kindly returned it with a goodie bag of items. The crucible sleeves provide a nice, compact, snug means for carrying filled crucibles. I'm stoked for the carrier/crucibles that Ghost is promising but, based on pictures, these sleeves are the ones to throw into your pocket for travel.

Interestingly, the other two items he included were things I never would have thought about buying. The Jyarz funnel is awesome and is something I didn't know I needed. The crucible funnel is even better and makes loading quickly a snap. This really has me jonesing for a funnel for Firewood capsules!

https://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/ghost-vapes-mv1/

Last edited:
Top Bottom