Discontinued Ghost MV1

Summer

Long Island, NY
@junny89, I 99.99% certain it's only level 5 that's concentrates. Many owners are vaping dry herb on level four. I know I do. What's supposed to happen in the long run (OK. now's the time to take your jabs, everyone.:lol:) is that level 4 & 5 temps will be user adjustable. Try it out on 4, but if you're getting charring, that temp might make it worse.

@Mr Mellish, I just ordered the 2 crucible holders from Delta3. I'll let you know what I think when I receive them.

jake18a

FYI, I've found Bud great to work with. I really have the experience he is working hard to make things right for all of us. He's done that by me and stood behind his word.

jake18a,
Reactions: Summer

junny89

@junny89, I 99.99% certain it's only level 5 that's concentrates. Many owners are vaping dry herb on level four. I know I do. What's supposed to happen in the long run (OK. now's the time to take your jabs, everyone.:lol:) is that level 4 & 5 temps will be user adjustable. Try it out on 4, but if you're getting charring, that temp might make it worse.

Ahh I thought that also! The LED lights do change colour so that is a give away!
Hmm might try level 1 and see the charring on that...may be a bit better?
Interestingly I emailed Ghost yesterday and got a reply back today- the android testing is going very well and should be available very soon!!!! Fantastic! So happy to hear this lol
Oh does delta3d post to UK?

junny89

Indeed I'm happy to report I've shipped to over 48 countries worldwide! Although I know shipping is a bitch for my international customers, I promise I'm working on fixing that over the next year

Perfect! Only problem is UK customs! They are very greedy! ;-(

Baron23

I 99.99% certain it's only level 5 that's concentrates.

Sure its not level 6? 4 & 5 are herb settings that they unlocked in the big "oh no, why did we do that precipitously" flail.

I received an email from Ghost today; got all excited, then saw that they are promoting new colors available.

Glad they have their priorities straight.... :rolleyes:
I would suppose that's because you are not one of the many who have been clamoring for Rose Gold and want to know WTF it hasn't been available.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@junny89, did you see Baron23's post above? #4 & 5 are for herb & these will be the ones that when the firmware is fixed will be the user adjustable temps. #6 is for concentrates only.

Thanks @Baron23!

Summer,
Reactions: Baron23

Summer

Long Island, NY
This was posted 2 hours ago on the VLF by Patrick the ghostvapesofficial.

ETA on the crucible dispensers?

"Thanks for the message and we expect to have the crucible dispensers in stock within 2 weeks.

The reason that we are reluctant to give an exact date is because we might have a holdup at customs or for a delay due to some other unforeseen reason.

I've got a production sample with me now and it looks great so I'm sure you will be happy once you receive it.

The charring will be eliminated as soon as you have downloaded the latest version of firmware. You should also notice a significant reduction in buildup of residue on the lid, together with a number of other improvements in performance.

Happy to confirm that the iOS version of the App has now been submitted to Apple for inclusion in the App store. It will probably be a few more days before it is generally available as they are backlogged with updates for the iPhoneX.

The Android version is running 2-3 weeks behind as they are still ironing out a few bugs but we might be able to get people using Android up and running a bit sooner.

Hope this helps to answer the points you raised and glad you are enjoying the MV1.

Best

PatrickZ"

Summer,
Reactions: Jill NYC

analytika

Again -- because no one has really addressed the status of Ghost Vapes -- last I communicated with them, in October, they said they'd halted production and sales. Further, they said, they had "no record" I'd registered my interest and were downright rude about it. Although I'd jumped in after VapeCritic shouted from the rooftops. Sounded like multiple breakdowns, as a manufacturer, and of their backend systems as an online seller. Or was it all lies? Sorry to be harsh, but it was a really unpleasant -- unacceptable even -- (potential) customer service experience that had me assuming the worst. Yet the discussion here is difficult to reconcile with what they told me.

junny89

@junny89, did you see Baron23's post above? #4 & 5 are for herb & these will be the ones that when the firmware is fixed will be the user adjustable temps. #6 is for concentrates only.

Thanks @Baron23!

That's exactly what I assumed :)
I had a feeling that was the case.
Please note I am a android user, please get me up and running asap!
I really can't wait! So close yet so far haha!

junny89,
Reactions: Summer

Baron23

Again -- because no one has really addressed the status of Ghost Vapes -- last I communicated with them, in October, they said they'd halted production and sales. Further, they said, they had "no record" I'd registered my interest and were downright rude about it. Although I'd jumped in after VapeCritic shouted from the rooftops. Sounded like multiple breakdowns, as a manufacturer, and of their backend systems as an online seller. Or was it all lies? Sorry to be harsh, but it was a really unpleasant -- unacceptable even -- (potential) customer service experience that had me assuming the worst. Yet the discussion here is difficult to reconcile with what they told me.
Yeah....you are right.....with "again". Has anything changed or have you come back to post the same complaint as before?

I'm sure you were mistreated by Ghost because I'm sure you are an honest person (give everybody the benefit of the doubt, yeah?). However, you are the only person I have communicated with that doesn't think Ghost is bending over backwards on their excellent CS.

SirCrackKillaH

Yeah, quite a few likes and Active Member status for me, more postings from the Ghost alternative universe in which some of you seem to live, including claims of actual customer service from the company, private correspondence about Ghost, and Black Friday -- white noise, but deathly silence about Ghost in discussions about discounts and deals.

You talk like my postings were purely duplicative. Hint: they weren't.

How about a response rather than a complaint, Baron? If you're representative of the tone of this community, toward folks having a bad time dealing with a company facing such mixed reviews ("you're the only person..." LOL), I'll take the lesson and move on.

They are literally shipping units right now. If you don't like the vape, they are still honoring full money back if you are unsatisfyed after checking it out. I'm sure as a known active member of the universe over here you could get them to even refund the shipping.

There is active communication by the manufacturer. Regardless of the forum or method of contact, they have been responsive. Replacement parts, pieces, spares, they have taken care of people. That's been documented.

At any rate, I've been happy with the unit but it's not my only that I'm pulling out daily. It will never take the place of the other vapes I own. It certainly isn't the end all vape. It's good, pretty damn great. Check it out, then let us know what you think.

The bitch about the whole thing for me is the lack of spare crucibles, and a sleeve or actual pocketable case.. that's really it. Spare crucible thing really bothers me right now but it'll be rectified in weeks vs. months. Case.. dunno, I use two different types. Neither of which will fit into a pants pocket unless I'm rocking cargos. Crucible holder that ghost has I really really want. Dimensions are small man, smaller than what it looks like in the picture if you size up the size of a crucible and rough it out on a piece of paper. Crucible holder and a small firefly like smell proof sleeve would be wonderful right now.

Last edited:
SirCrackKillaH,
Reactions: Baron23

jay87

I know this is out of nowhere but does anyone know what a thing is called that looks like my link but way smaller in size and not flexible almost like syringe size. Lookin for a tiny one that could possibly be used to load material into my vapes without touchin it.

Edit: nm, found it.

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Horn-192...927473&sr=8-6&keywords=small+claw+pickup+tool

That's funny, one of my biggest wishes for the MV1 is that I be able to load and unload it without touching a hot crucible and/or my herb.

With my Vapcap, Tubo, any stem loaded vape or even with my IQ, I have the ability to blow through their herb chambers in order to empty them.

I can even push the stems or Vapcap down into a jar or grinder in order to pack the stem without ever having to touch the herb itself.

As far as I can tell it's impossible to operate the MV1 in that manner.

Instead I have to directly touch the hot loaded and slightly sticky crucible to unload it.

Even if I take out the crucible, remove the lid and blow through the bottom to clear the crucible, it likes to keep a bunch of bits that stay stuck inside that I need a little poker tool to scrape out.

I haven't used the MV1 in a group setting but I'd be very curious as to how others handle frequent loading and unloading :hmm:

jay87,
Reactions: Razor

Razor

Oh yeah I agree completely. One of the biggest reasons other than uneven vaping that I returned this unit were the crucibles. Convection means herb isnt cooked in the chamber while not taking hits other than the conduction provided by the chamber itself depending on material. I switched to a vape with a little larger chamber but keeping convection in mind. Now I can use the mini tool I got to load directly from a dube tube and into the chamber without having to dump the dube tube sideways to get material.

Mr Mellish

I find this conversation fascinating. I don't recall anything in the Ghost literature that suggests it is the go-to for parties or for banging down grams of weed in a session. It isn't a Volcano and it isn't a bong. My understanding is that it is a personal vaporizer. Comparing your experience to the promise is one thing. Comparing your experience to your ideal vape is something entirely different.

My expectation is that it will serve as a personal unit for dispensing the benefits of cannabis. It does that with flying colors. To be fair, I'm not looking at it to get me "as high as fuck." I'm looking at it to effectively distribute the active ingredients in cannabis and it does that consistently and with a kick that many of my other vapes can't reach.

ETA: My Firewood 3 and 4 are some of my favorite devices. Fast heat up and great flavor. Their capsules get hot as fuck but I expect them to. Their design is such that you can grab silicone and yank the capsule out without burning yourself but you could also just dump the crucible onto a tabletop and replace with your spare crucible. I don't see how you get a portable convection device that will permit instant re-loading.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I don't see how you get a portable convection device that will permit instant re-loading.

Bah with stem-based designs (ex: Milaana / MVT / Project etc...) you remove the stem, blow all the ABV out, then use the stem to suck new material in, that you ground in the palm of your hand, then put the stem back and good to go.

Never felt the need to do that though, one stem bowl is all I need.

Mr Mellish

Bah with stem-based designs (ex: Milaana / MVT / Project etc...) you remove the stem, blow all the ABV out, then use the stem to suck new material in, that you ground in the palm of your hand, then put the stem back and good to go.

Never felt the need to do that though, one stem bowl is all I need.

That's fair. I've never experienced a stem-based design and my situation rules it out. In my feeble brain, that eliminates it from being portable.

Mr Mellish,
Reactions: KeroZen

Razor

The CFV is pretty instant reload if the battery wasnt so horrible. The Pulsar flow is pretty load friendly as well. I dont know of many others with 100% convection.

Top Bottom