1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost MV1

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by VCBud, Sep 14, 2017.

1. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Still vaping GG #4 in the Ghost MV1, listening to Conway .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

MoltenTiger likes this.
  2. Tommybwell

Tommybwell New Member

Either December or January.

Summer likes this.
  3. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

I guess I've been vocal enough about my appreciation for the MV1 but I'll chime in anyway.

The MV1 is one of my daily drivers. It's true that I had to replace the original but the new one has been a tank and nothing about the experience has been finicky. There are clouds at A1 and flavor lasts through several pulls into A2.

The weight, the size and the really bright lights ensure that it's a home-based device but I'm ok with that, since that's where I use it. If I want stealth, I'll go FW3, FW4 or GH. Having said that, I have a friend who would like to borrow it for his golf league and I think that will work out just fine (but, hey, fuck him....I don't want to be without it.)

It's very effective and it's easy to clean. It heats up quickly and holds the flavor at lower temps. It does not have much of an odor when sitting dormant and loaded.In fact, the glass jars and clamp "jars" I have to hold the un-ground material emit far more odor than a loaded, dormant MV1 (which pisses me off, since those containers are supposed to be smell-proof). And don't get me started on the Pax devices that scream "THERE'S WEED HERE! THERE'S WEED HERE!!"

I still have a desire to have the app provide the ability to lighten up the vibration. To be fair, I'd also like the ability to tone down the lights (like the Crafty). But, in my current usage paradigm, it's not a show-stopper.

It's oddly shaped and it isn't necessarily as portable as I would like but this thing is solid. I am very intrigued to see where the Ghost team takes us next.

Bologna, Jill NYC, analytika and 2 others like this.
  4. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Mr Mellish, as you prob. know, GV was/is seriously considering adding the ability to turn off the lights in a future software upgrade.

5. Mr Mellish

Thanks, @Summer, I was not aware of that. Is this type of info found on VL? I only ever go there to communicate with the Ghost team.

Summer likes this.
  6. Bologna

Bologna je pense donc je vape

Not to answer for @Summer, but yes, GV does provide infrequent general updates on VLF... but good luck finding them... ha! (Probably the best way is by viewing either “ghostvapesofficial” or “ghost-ops” profile page and then selecting to view their comments through a menu item... or just use the sites search function.)

Mr Mellish and Summer like this.
  7. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

In addition to what Bologna suggested, you can bookmark the relevant MV-1 threads; which is now, I think, in the Portable Vape Category. Yep!, VLF is finally getting its act together -- they got defined categories now. The board is 100% improved from the wild west days of when the ghost was introduced; that's when I became acquainted with it. Bud has really stepped up, & has become the new sheriff in town (don't worry, he rules firmly or gently as need be.:) ), & it's nice. @Baron23 & @Cl4ud3 (who I always think of as Claude ;)) are helpful mods over there. Yeah, things on that board are definitely improved.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  8. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

$ being tight, but still being human, thus, understandably, still having vas, I ask myself how much is really necessary for me to possess; one who indulges 3 to 4x/week. *I'm sure more during this, my 1st vaping summer on beautiful, picture-perfect summer evenings. I can't wait to vape then, but I'm not one for rushing the summer. :o I'm sure it's gonna feel like a little bit of Heaven, especially at dusk with the orange horizon.

Now one of the vapes I want is also in the same regulated on-demand category as Ghost, & it's gotten great reviews so far, & I just want it, but I don't need. [​IMG] I just tonight made the recognition of just how lucky I am to have the Ghost. For me, at this point in time, I have the vape that I emphatically believe is in the tops of its category, so why am I wanting more. I sound like the gals on the makeup forums always in search of their holy grail mascara or foundation. :p Like they're always seeking for something better.

Since my unit replacement, I absolutely adore this vape & couldn't image being w/o it. It's such a pure, clean high. It's not smelly, & the ergonomic design, to me, is superb. You can't possibly know what I mean unless you've grasped one in your own hand & used it to the point of comfort/familarity. You just keep appreciating it more & more up to the point of recognizing the sheer pleasure while using it.

Since all the units being sold now have the latest, improved software, and if the units being sold now employ the 3rd mp revision as discussed above in this thread (if not, I suggest waiting until they do), I couldn't more highly recommend owning this vape to anyone who loves unregulated on-demand. And the 5-year warranty is the cherry on top.

Now, while it definitely couldn't be included in the stealth category, I have no issue using it in the car, or using it outside of the car in the evening. I'd say the beach, but I won't subject my baby to the terrors of sand. :D I just take along a couple of pre-filled crucible in @Ratchett's crucible holder (which I love, btw). Right now, I'm just waiting for GV to offer some of the carrying cases they previewed at Champs before getting what I deem to be the perfect transport case for it. Something with a hard shell or a soft, heavily cushioned, carrying case. All I need for travel is the vape, the pre-filled crucibles & a stir stick packed in a small case. I just put the spent crucibles in the holder & empty when back home.

Edited to add: A huge thank you to Ghostvapes for sticking with this vape after the nightmare of the rollout. I know it wasn't easy for them financially & time-investment-wise. So grateful they believe as much as they do in this vape. It was well worth it for me as a user going through all the initial bs. Not that I'm saying I would ever want to do it again. :doh: [​IMG] :cool:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    analytika, Alegre, Bologna and 5 others like this.
  9. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I have to correct my error :doh:: not unregulated, but regulated, on-demand. That was a biggie.

10. Bologna

Bologna je pense donc je vape

Nah. Mistakes make you human.

It’s ok.

Brewervapesalot likes this.
  11. Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot Well-Known Member

A couple weeks later, still waiting on return labels. I got an email for the company rep saying, when she gets labels for shipping she'll send them to me. That was like a week or so ago. So I asked a couple days ago if she could send me the labels via email (as they did last time for the return).

I got a bizarre email in return that just said basically the same thing; that when she gets the labels she'll send them to me. Then she said if I had any questions I could email her.

I thought that's what I did...? emailed her... asking for the labels...??

I don't know... why would there be a delay in getting labels to me; it takes 1 minute to create prepaid shipping labels (which is probably more time than it takes to write me a email saying she hadn't got the labels yet).

12. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

13. namasteIII

namasteIII Well-Known Member

@Summer What was the reason for your replacement?

14. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Hit the overheat today on the first crucible... argh.

15. cheeseholidays

cheeseholidays Well-Known Member

Pack too tight? Fine grind?

16. disGRUNTled

Durban Poison, first time doing concentrates in the Ghost MV1 .Man it did not disappoint amazing hits with out of this world flavor.Listening to some new Mysonne.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MoltenTiger and MinnBobber like this.
  17. Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot Well-Known Member

Lastest email:

Hello [Brewervapesalot],

I sincerely apologize for the delay in you receiving your return labels. There was a miscommunication between our Distribution Center and us here. Once again as soon as I have the labels available I will send them to you via email.

Sincerely,

Aisha

I guess they're working on it... since the beginning of the month.

It's not a big deal, but I'd prefer much quicker turnaround. Ordered a different vape in meantime, so that's hard on my wallet but I had ease my suffering:)

Summer likes this.
  18. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@namasteIII

Old unit:
    couldn't pair to app so couldn't download android firmware update
    overheating
    inconsistent vapor production

New unit:
    successful app pairing
    no overheating
    consistent (great) vapor production

Difference between old & new unit: latest firmware update & the newest mp which creates a great seal.

19. slcbdco

slcbdco Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

Thanks for letting me try your Ghost @ShayWhiteGrow, I've got one on the way myself now DAMN YOU VAS!

20. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

Somebody’s getting ready to cheat on his gh. I’m not saying who...

skyvaper and Summer like this.
  21. Mr Mellish

My GH's have wondered what happened to me since the Ghost arrived. I told them I'll be out of town for a while...

22. slcbdco

slcbdco Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

Ha! More of a consensual polyamorous 3 way! In fact I was at HL just a little bit ago!

Summer, ShayWhiteGrow and Mr. Me2 like this.
  23. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

ShayWhiteGrow likes this.
  24. disGRUNTled

Jolly Rancher in the MV1, listening to Freeway.Switching back & forth between the Bos vs Tor hockey game & Heat vs 76ers bb game.This thing does phenomenal with concentrates.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Anyone know if there is an appropriate size Ryot case to hold the ghost+dispenser?

mixchu69 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors