Discontinued Ghost MV1

Summer

Long Island, NY
Told everyone so! It's like night & day between the old & new mps. :rockon:

Oh, and a heads up for what it's worth. I wanted to make mention that I've found that if I leave a battery in my unit for a week w/o using it, it's down to either 1 green or green flashing light, yet, if I take the battery out after last use, it's still has 3 green lights or 2. So I found that keeping the battery in the vape depletes the charge substantially.

Summer,

junny89

Told everyone so! It's like night & day between the old & new mps. :rockon:

Oh, and a heads up for what it's worth. I wanted to make mention that I've found that if I leave a battery in my unit for a week w/o using it, it's down to either 1 green or green flashing light, yet, if I take the battery out after last use, it's still has 3 green lights or 2. So I found that keeping the battery in the vape depletes the charge substantially.

I found the exact same with the battery!
I assume the Bluetooth is depleting the battery or it just sits on ready in stand by mode.
I always take the battery out!

I want to try these new mouth pieces sounds very interesting!!

Summer

Long Island, NY
@junny89, well, I didn't think I was the only one, but now you are the 1st to confirm that. I'm not using bluetooth so it has to be stand by mode or maybe even the contact made between the metal battery contacts when left coupled.

@Mr Mellish, I was an tester & I know we just got 1st, but I don't know how GV is handling the mp replacements. You or @junny89 Scoot on over to VLF & check out the the Ghost MV-1 in the vaporizer category (if you haven't been over there for a while, Bud's now got categories. Moving up in the world!) & see if there are any mp replacement discussions. If not, post, asking when & how will distribution/replacement work. And when you find out, let us know.

Summer,
Reactions: mixchu69

Baron23

@Summer @junny89

As you guys know, there are various modes with the MV-1. When a battery is first attached to the unit, it is in shipping mode and NOTHING is consuming any electrical energy.

Once you do the long hold down on the button, it flashes green and you are now in standby mode and the Bluetooth radio starts advertising itself for a connection. This WILL draw down your battery over time.

Press the button three times and you are now in vape mode where all functions are available....and yes, that includes the BT radio.

Pressing three times to turn it off after a session will put it back into standby mode with the BT radio still advertising its availability and slowly drawing off power.

Just pull the battery and either leave off of put back on and do NOT take it out of shipping mode. In this state, no electrical power will be consumed.

Cheers

@Summer @junny89

As you guys know, there are various modes with the MV-1. When a battery is first attached to the unit, it is in shipping mode and NOTHING is consuming any electrical energy.

Once you do the long hold down on the button, it flashes green and you are now in standby mode and the Bluetooth radio starts advertising itself for a connection. This WILL draw down your battery over time.

Press the button three times and you are now in vape mode where all functions are available....and yes, that includes the BT radio.

Pressing three times to turn it off after a session will put it back into standby mode with the BT radio still advertising its availability and slowly drawing off power.

Just pull the battery and either leave off of put back on and do NOT take it out of shipping mode. In this state, no electrical power will be consumed.

Cheers

When I first got my ghost I tested the battery draw by leaving it in standby mode for a couple of days at least and did not notice drain of battery. When I put it on the charger it went green almost immediately. This was before all the firmware updates. Maybe the early version did not have bluetooth on in standby mode only in pairing mode. I guess I should try again but I don't leave the ghost unmolested for long enough now. Poor assaulted device!

disGRUNTled

Cookies & Cream in the Ghost.Listening too this dope ass track " Daaamn Daniel FBI keep bringing them all white vans through" -Jay-Z str8 fire.Also watching the NFL draft too see how the Dolphins fuck it up.
GfSfHgs.jpg

cmntgkr.jpg

Summer

Long Island, NY
I cross-posted to VLF about the battery discharges & here is what GV ghostops replied,

"I believe we've recommended not leaving the battery in the device in one of our videos - and it's true of many electronic devices if they get left for a period of time.

In shipping mode the device is truly off - everything is powered down and it requires the long press to switch on. After use, if the battery is not removed the device remains in standby mode - where you can still switch into vape mode without the need for the long press. In this mode there is background power consumption, including on the Bluetooth chip whether or not the app is being used, and a user can expect to see the battery run down over a period of time - removing and replacing the battery shuts the vape down and will avoid this."

luke00978

so i happen to have a store credit which will be enough to get a ghost or a mighty, i have a mighty but its on its last legs, i have a hopper im too frightened to use, also have tubos and vapcaps. what do you boys recon should i get a replacement mighty or take a plunge into the new world of the mv1? price difference between the 2 is only £5

luke00978,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Have you been completely satisfied with your Mighty? When the one you have dies, will you be sad if you do have it in your arsenal? The Mighty & Ghost are completely different animals. Convection vs. conduction. Different heads. Why are you afraid to use you're GH?

Summer,
Reactions: Baron23

luke00978

love the mighty and when it dies completely i would probably rebuy it anyway even if i have the ghost, i do use the hopper but its been in and out of repair so many times and my other hopper has been in since December, i only use the ti one dry and occasionally to avoid death.

i understand they are different animals, but what i really want to know is those who have ghost and mighty which vape stays in the draw and which one is out on the table getting hammered.

also have had various mightys since the week it was released, maybe time to switch things up?

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
love the mighty and when it dies completely i would probably rebuy it anyway even if i have the ghost, i do use the hopper but its been in and out of repair so many times and my other hopper has been in since December, i only use the ti one dry and occasionally to avoid death.

i understand they are different animals, but what i really want to know is those who have ghost and mighty which vape stays in the draw and which one is out on the table getting hammered.

also have had various mightys since the week it was released, maybe time to switch things up?
I have both of these vapes in my arsenal and love both. I reach for the Ghost when im in a hurry and want a more on-demand experience, the mighty for a session experience

I have both. The mighty is great and in the drawer. Convection seems to be my love. The argo is my new conduction fav. The ghost is my star even though I have not tamed it entirely. Battery issues have been solved with a second battery.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: Summer

Baron23

If my Mighty died today I would immediately order a new one with expedited shipping as I think it is about the ultimate in workmanlike portable vapes. I use it more than any other portable but I am a med patient and session in the evenings and at night pretty much only.

But I do love my MV-1 and have had no problems with it. I do find it a bit more fiddly to load and clean but meh....it ain't big of a deal. My MV-1 fulfilled all of its promises (or at least most of them). It really is pretty much an on-demand type vape although you may find like myself that it still needs to be primed with a draw or two to get it going.

I'm still not satisfied with performance as the batter discharges. Basically, once a load or so has been vaped on a battery, I go straight to L5 and stay there for future loads on that battery . Works just fine, just wish they could improve it in that regard (that is, make performance flatter over discharge level).

Since you have a Mighty, and said you would get one immediately if it died even if you get a Ghost, why not just get the Ghost. I do enjoy have both in my cabinet.

luke00978

Haha you guys arent making this easy! the mighty i have as of now is only 6 months old but is cracking to bits probs will last a while. doesn't make sense to have a backup one that's just a bid decadent lol. im just so concerned about wasting £250 diving into the unknown! think ill get drunk tonight and order, see what happened in the morning!

p.s. anyone pairing the ghost with water? or is it not possible at the present. also is the battery charger a must? is the charging circuit in the battery and has anyone bodged their own external charger yet?

luke00978,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
p.s. anyone pairing the ghost with water? or is it not possible at the present. also is the battery charger a must? is the charging circuit in the battery and has anyone bodged their own external charger yet?
I tried it out here with one of my 4/20 purchases, a Sneaky Pete bubbler:
HyMY9x4.jpg

I even took the ceramic mouthpiece sleeve out... it worked fine. To me tho, it’s not worth the hassle and is fine without water or a piece.

The fast charger is necessary as is an extra battery pack... and the crucible dispenser is a must, too, imo...

Edit: the USB charging port is on the battery pack so it doesn’t need to be attached to the device while it’s charging that way... it just takes like 5x longer than the fast charger.

Last edited:

luke00978

the extra battery and fast charger make it a clear £100 more than mighty, but that rose gold mv1 does look sexy, think i will probs end up going for the mv1 and since vapefeind dont even have any spare batts in stock ill probs wait to get them and the charger later. how many bowls per battery, the blurb states 50 which is clearly a lie. is it actually usable without the spare battery? or like the hopper one hard rip per battery

luke00978,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
the extra battery and fast charger make it a clear £100 more than mighty, but that rose gold mv1 does look sexy, think i will probs end up going for the mv1 and since vapefeind dont even have any spare batts in stock ill probs wait to get them and the charger later. how many bowls per battery, the blurb states 50 which is clearly a lie. is it actually usable without the spare battery? or like the hopper one hard rip per battery
I probably get 50+ full heat cycles on factory level 5 per charge... but I usually just cycle out a battery pack after a few crucibles anyway. Really it all depends how much you’re gonna use it... a few crucibles a day and then charge it overnight and you should be fine. I’ve always had the fast charger and got an extra battery pack right away...

Bologna,
Top Bottom