1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost MV1

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by VCBud, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Lazy Lighting

Lazy Lighting Well-Known Member

When it works right I love it. The flavor and clouds are crazy. Should reach out but after researching it looks like others have the same issue. I think it's a firmware issue. I know it's new. I'll just be patient. Just curious.

2. Brewervapesalot

Brewervapesalot Well-Known Member

I gotta new rep from ghost and she hooked me up with a new heatsink:

Hi Drew,

I will be stepping in for Whitney regarding this matter. I would be more than happy to send you out a new heatsink.

Sincerely,

Aisha

I just tried the new heat sink. The black rubber gasket is not ribbed like @Summer's new one. But it is air tight and stem movement is pretty smooth.

One crucible later and I'm well medicated after a long day.

Glad they stuck with helping me because the unit is working nicely right now :)

The heat sink assembly should be air tight. I can confirm that now because mine is. If you have a problem that's an easy check.

3. Brewervapesalot

So my mv1 just flashes red lights now. Just happened at the beginning of a session and it now does nothing else. Charged battery on both chargers. No help. Anyone experience this?

Sonicboom1991 likes this.
  4. Lozo

Lozo Well-Known Member

My MV1 even with the new heat sink just keeps over heating after one crucible, I work my way up the temps, great clouds and flavour so I know I'm getting enough air flow, the heat sink is not leaking air, tried multitude grinds and packing yet still over heats. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I have to say that the customer support from Ghost is excellent. They are still working to resolve my issue, great company and I believe a great product once I get it working....anyone else with a new heat sink and over heating issues? Thanks all

5. cheeseholidays

cheeseholidays Well-Known Member

If you can still connect to it with Bluetooth, you can try a factory reset from there.

Have you tried the "colder" calibration setting?

Brewervapesalot and Summer like this.
  6. Tommybwell

Tommybwell New Member

I must not be using mine right. I'm about three months in and I'm not having any issues with mine.

7. Lozo

Lozo Well-Known Member

@cheeseholidays I'll try the factory reset now, thank you for that. I usually start on 1 amber and work up to 3 then onto 1 red which I've got as a custom setting.

@Tommybwell haha that really made me chuckle, really glad it's working out well for you.

Tommybwell likes this.
  8. Brewervapesalot

Charging again and I'll try to connect. Maybe there's enough time to connect and reset before it shuts off, but it's not looking likely..

I get a green light when I turn it on but then the unit quickly, almost instantly, flashes a red light and shuts off.

Maybe it's a battery issue; I've charged the unit both ways but it acts like the battery is dead...

9. Brewervapesalot

Unit just flashes red. Won't charge it appears. Or something internal. Can't connect app. I did get some good use out it and got a routine down, on a positive note.

All and all though, this role out hasn't been smooth for me....

Sent email to Ghost and will see what they recommend... Maybe a third unit will be the charm! ... lol

10. cheeseholidays

I’m sure they make it right.

Mr Mellish likes this.
  11. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

A bowl of Cherry Cookies in the Ghost MV1, listening to Rida EL Chapo. Feeling the effects as I type this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

12. disGRUNTled

Lemon tree in the Ghost MV1, listening to Flatbush Zombies .EDIT: Just had a very nice session 1 crucible couple of hits at 338 couple of hits at 365 and I am high AF.Very nice flavor and nice clouds considering the low temps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    MoltenTiger, Alexis, skyvaper and 2 others like this.
  13. cheeseholidays

So I almost think I enjoy it more just setting it to max temp, then rolling through crucibles until it stops producing. Takes some finickiness and thought out of it... and you know how hard it’ll hit. Doesn’t hurt that the MV1 is the opposite of anything approaching “harsh”.

14. michael.lm

michael.lm New Member

What VLF is? I have same issue - no vapor, overheated even on lower temperature, glass tube scratches when moved up/down, there is silicon taste.

15. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

VLF is The Vapor Critic’s forum. The Ghost team is extremely active and responsive on his site:
    https://forum.vapelife.com/discussions

michael.lm and Summer like this.
  16. michael.lm

michael.lm New Member

thanks - I will post there

Summer and Jill NYC like this.
  17. junny89

junny89 Well-Known Member

18. Bologna

Bologna je pense donc je vape

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure vapefiend hasn’t sold any MV1s yet...

New mp, mp sleeve and black gasket (not sure if the actual sink and cap changes, too... @Summer or @SirCrackKillaH I think know...? ) will be out very soon...

19. disGRUNTled

GG #4 , Westside Gunn in the headphones.WWE Raw in the background, life is good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MoltenTiger likes this.
  20. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I don't know if the units being sold now have the 3rd mp revision or not yet, which is solely the improved gasket & glass stem. I do know that the all in one mp (4th revision) is gonna be offered for sale in the coming months, but I do not know if all the units produced after this final mp version comes to fruition will include this version or it will be a separate purchase. As you can see, I surely don't know a lot. All I can say is that the 3rd revision works wonderfully well.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Bologna likes this.
  21. grokit

grokit well-worn member

So almost 70 pages into it what's the verdict around here these days?
    Reliable heavy-hitter, or
    finicky sipping machine, or
    fumbling monstrosity that's great sometimes...
    Sorry it's been awhile sounds like there's a revision in the works as well?

Stoned mind wants to know :freak:

22. junny89

junny89 Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone with the updates appreciate it :)

Reliable heavy hitter that's a beast

Bologna, skyvaper and grokit like this.
  23. Tommybwell

Tommybwell New Member

I could not be happier with mine. I have a spare battery and two crucible holders so I am always ready with a fresh battery and a fresh bowl. It's my daily driver I haven't experienced any issues.

Solomon, Bologna, Summer and 2 others like this.
  24. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

25. cheeseholidays

I’m going with finicky heavy hitter. Relative to what I’ve personally used, heaviest hitter, even.

analytika and grokit like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors