Discontinued Ghost MV1

junny89

Hi everyone,

So been playing with the ghost.
I got fed up of waiting for the android app, so took my brothers iPhone and unlocked the firmware that way and got the new software for the mv1 also.
Since then, I have still been getting abnormal burn consistencies. Still charring and only on one spot. Nearly 3/4's of the bowl is still not being utilised.
I tried the finishing grinder from the magic flight launch box to make even finer end product. Literally like powder.
Now this did make a significant improvement. Like quite a bit and the after effects were amazing.
However, after I took the bowl out its still charring in the same spot like before and around 50% of the material is still new with the rest being used.
I can't for the life of me, figure out what's going on.
In comparison, the earlier ground product was a bigger consistency and was alot more clumpy.
Only tried the finishing grinder to compare.
Anyone else noticing this and any more tips!
Yes, I do not over pack the bowl, I adhere to all of ghosts usage instructions as well.
I have been using on level 2 few drags, then level 3 for dry herbs.
I have seen a significant impact from the unlock + new firmware update and massive improvements to the battery life especially now as I can vape on any level with out significant power loss as I suffered before.

MAbud

The battery is more charged than the lights indicate. Have you actually run it all the way down? I still get at least 30-40 draws after it shows lowest setting. Ghost is aware and working on this but don’t be worried. Or just crave it frequently. Either way it’s not really an issue...

MAbud,
Reactions: Summer

clive_bob

Hi everyone,

I got fed up of waiting for the android app, so took my brothers iPhone and unlocked the firmware that way and got the new software for the mv1 also.
Since then, I have still been getting abnormal burn consistencies. Still charring and only on one spot. Nearly 3/4's of the bowl is still not being utilised.
I tried the finishing grinder from the magic flight launch box to make even finer end product. Literally like powder.
Now this did make a significant improvement. Like quite a bit and the after effects were amazing.
However, after I took the bowl out its still charring in the same spot like before and around 50% of the material is still new with the rest being used.
In comparison, the earlier ground product was a bigger consistency and was alot more clumpy.
Yes, I do not over pack the bowl, I adhere to all of ghosts usage instructions as well.
I have seen a significant impact from the unlock + new firmware update and massive improvements to the battery life especially now as I can vape on any level with out significant power loss as I suffered before.
I have been having similar issues. It was working fabulously. Then suddenly I found I wasn't getting good vapor or burn consistency. I cleaned everything, made sure the heat sink (sp) was assembled properly and pushed all the way down. I also tried different grinds. The only way I get visible vapor now is on concentrate setting. I've sent an email to customer support. I'll let you know the response.

clive_bob,

junny89

I have been having similar issues. It was working fabulously. Then suddenly I found I wasn't getting good vapor or burn consistency. I cleaned everything, made sure the heat sink (sp) was assembled properly and pushed all the way down. I also tried different grinds. The only way I get visible vapor now is on concentrate setting. I've sent an email to customer support. I'll let you know the response.

I have done the exact same steps. Exactly the same. Cleaned it all out dismantled it and nothing. It has improved but still charring in that one spot. Tried different bowl consistencies as well and even though it helps it doesn't get rid of the issue.
Ghost have been aware of the issue since day one, say that the firmware upgrade + unlock will get rid of the issue.
This isn't the case. Just imagine if it heated the full bowl the after affects! Oh my!
Waiting for a response from ghost there cs is outstanding.

The battery is more charged than the lights indicate. Have you actually run it all the way down? I still get at least 30-40 draws after it shows lowest setting. Ghost is aware and working on this but don’t be worried. Or just crave it frequently. Either way it’s not really an issue...

I get between 36 and 45 before it is completely spent with 5 different batteries. Vapecritic gets 95. I think mine is probably not working right though with all these batteries it might not be an issue. Though it is possible that it will cause the premature death of the batteries and therefore it might be an issue.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Those of you with the Black Chrome or Rose Gold units, how is your finish holding up? Do they scratch easily? I favored the Satin Silver because I thought it may wear a little better in the long run.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Summer

Long Island, NY
Finally, here are the pics of the crucible holders from Delta3DStudios.com. The crucibles fit in snuggly; they're not going anywhere. I'm assuming the plastic will soften a little with use.

Hm51Gab.jpg

tQaHY6x.jpg

@MonsterWithoutBorders, what do you mean "5" different batteries?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Mellish

Those of you with the Black Chrome or Rose Gold units, how is your finish holding up? Do they scratch easily? I favored the Satin Silver because I thought it may wear a little better in the long run.

I just sent the black back. I did not notice any real wear on the finish but I used it only once or twice per day. I now have a nickel and I don’t expect to see that much wear with it either. I don’t treat them with kid gloves but I also haven’t dropped one yet. Between the two, I like the black more but it’s a popular color and I didn’t want to wait. Ghost was very cooperative.

SirCrackKillaH

Hi everyone,

Yeah, I've noticed this. There's a tremendous difference in performance between grinds and bud consistencies. You can tailor the mv1 with the stem adjustments and heat levels to suit the bud.

When I first got the MV1, after the initial update, northern lights flower would be crazy intense and awesome. Maaad vapor. Grind was dusty wet dry mix kinda. Like the exterior bits of the flower were dry but the inside was still a little moist. Had to pry the bud outta the grinder with a pin. This bud delivered mad hits and I really didn't get anything after stirring it. Definitely even vape throughout. I vaped this bud stepping up levels and found the taste to really come as I would crank it.
This seemed to taste best with more of an airy kind of pull with the stem out most of the way. One full crucible touching the top tamped down, another half, babaoom to the sky!

Lemon pie was a bit different. I vaped a mix of dry, not dry, dusty, med grind, hand ripped.. needed a stir. Always needed a stir it would seem. One stir would yield clouds though man. I had lemon pie for a minute. Lemon pie was equally delicious. Levels 2-4 were the best, anything near 428f would make the taste kinda blah out a bit. Decent clouds but I wasn't getting the 13-15 draws like the northern lights. More like 9-11 before totally kinda spent. I would push the stem in little by little with this as I bumped up the temps. You can taste everything, really really good.
Took a crucible and a half to blast me on average with this bud.

Now I'm working with gorilla glue. It's gluey in that I'll grind it... it'll stick after being ground up in the grinder.. I'll pick it out.. and then it'll straight beat my ass. Higher thc content than the other buds I had, it's been wrecking me. All the other buds I could vape at level 5 and bear it. This I can't at all. I can do half pulls..
To make 5 bearable I have to vape at least 9 draws at the lower levels if I'm doing a session to be able to take a full draw at level 5 without coughing my lungs up. Otherwise because of the potency of this bud, I can take three or four pulls, semi pulls, at level 5 and it'll beat me in the head and I can leave it. Depending on my pack, I can string this out three times on one crucible with this bud. I'm pressing the button and kinda using it at level 5 like someone would use an unregulated mod. Kinda sensing where I want the bud to be in taste and letting go once I kinda get there then surfing it with button holds. Gorilla glue is harsh and potent so I can take half pulls with the stem pushed in so it feels like an IQ and get at 12-15 pulls like this out of it.

@MonsterWithoutBorders
I'm going to check my batteries over the next few days. I honestly recorded 93 on one before a performance drop at level 5 and 96 on the other. However, I have noticed now that at 6 crucibles, I'm getting a blinky led and the performance may have gone down. I've reset my count now and am tracking it on both batteries I have. I'll let you know in the next two days what's up at least with what I've got. It very well could be I'm cranking now at 5 consistently, but that shouldn't make a difference. The drop in performance for me at level 2 and 3 usually occur at one led. I jump it up to 4 and 5 and it'll blast away. I haven't been conscious really of it because it's been lasting me a day per charge. Today though I did notice one blinky light at 6 and I did notice a dip at 5. Now that makes me want to record like what I was doing during the beta again. I'll let you know. To be straight up though, in the past at one blinky, I could still get another two to three crucibles. So even though performance at the lower levels is a little shot, the uppers still work.

@Summer what are the approx dimensions of those. I like those. I gotta find a cloth thin drawstring case for my mv1 and I'll buy one of them if I don't get my crucible holder within the next week. I'm debating right now printing out a custom skin to wrap my mv1 in. The outside is prone to scratches and after doing a little bit of research, I see no reason why I can't put a sticker like one would put on a firefly 1 on the MV1. I can simply print out and then trace it onto sticky paper. I'll be looking at patterns over the next few days. EZ stuff. First one to mass produce it I'm sure will make some cash

Last edited:
On the three crucible sent to me the concentrate pads are a bit too large and difficult to remove without a bit of destruction. Do others have this issue?

MonsterWithoutBorders,

SirCrackKillaH

On the three crucible sent to me the concentrate pads are a bit too large and difficult to remove without a bit of destruction. Do others have this issue?

Yeah,two of them were a bitch to get out. Same shit. Disfigured the edge a bit.

K so last night battery #1 started giving reduced performance at level 2 right around 60 draws in at one battery light on crucible #5. Blinky light at 71, reduced performance at level 5 occurred 93 draws

Battery #2 started blinky lighting midway into crucible 5 for me today at 68 draws. I just finished crucible 6 ending at 81 draws. Still blinky light. No issue at level 4 and 5 still. I can probably squeeze another crucible out of it. The bud I was using before, the lemon pie, I was averaging 8-11 good draws on. I could get at least 8-10 crucibles no issue.
This gorilla glue I'm getting 9-15 draws per crucible, it's just a denser kinda pack it would seem, I'm getting reduced number if crucibles right now but the same number of draws.

I'm going to say that it's probably around the 60s for reduced performance in my case at level 2. Level 3 seems to be reduced a few draws beyond that and then level 4 and 5 seem to work fine up until the late 80s, 90s for me. I'm going to run this again over the next day running hotter temps instead of stepping it up with both batteries and see if I get the same result.

I love this little shiny rocketship yo.

Last edited:

cheeseholidays

I'll say that I've never gotten anything close to that out of mine. Unless there's somehow like another 50 draws in there once the battery light gets down to one. Additionally, I feel like you definitely want a fresh battery to get the most out of it.

SirCrackKillaH

I'll say that I've never gotten anything close to that out of mine. Unless there's somehow like another 50 draws in there once the battery light gets down to one. Additionally, I feel like you definitely want a fresh battery to get the most out of it.

The LED logic still seems off to me. The performance hit for me is right at that one led. However as I said, I can still get another 20-30 pulls off mine at one led to blinky led to, well right now I'm on battery #2 blinky led on crucible 7 right now 86 draws at level 5. I just stopped because f gorilla glue, I wish I never got this harsh shit >.< I'll run it to death and see, let you know soon where battery #2 dies. #1 I shouldn't of popped back on the charger, should've done the same to that one.

I completely agree with you. Until the update fixes the battery voltage nonsense, a fresh charge will always yield best results. Same could be said though of all the battery powered vapes I've used though. This vape at least you can mitigate it by jumping up the temperature. Other vapes you'll simply watch a rapid loss of heat as you pull and it won't maintain the heat. Crafty and mighty at lower battery levels do this, IQ does this, firefly does this, they all do. This one though, when it does or gets to the point where it won't vaporize..Thats it. Red blinky light when you pull the trigger.. no function

SirCrackKillaH,

clive_bob

My unit has not worked properly. I have sent a message from the Ghost website twice in the last six days. I would have thought I'd at least receive a reply by now.

clive_bob

@clive_bob, they're on vacation through New Year's, during which they may or may not check in.

@FlyingLow, I don't have any Jyarz containers.
Thanks! I couldn't understand why they hadn't replied after hearing so many positive comments regarding their customer service. I'm bummed. First vape that I have really liked and prefer over smoking. Now that I can only smoke, I really miss my Mv1.

clive_bob,

Tranquility

My unit has not worked properly. I have sent a message from the Ghost website twice in the last six days. I would have thought I'd at least receive a reply by now.
I assume @Summer is correct. Like many businesses, the week between Christmas and New Year's is often light duty--at best.

Still, you'd think a fancy-tech vape company has SOME email client software. Maybe one that can give "out of office"-type auto responses. Something like:
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/hilarious-out-of-office-message/

Hi, I’m Troy McClure! You may remember me from such classic Out of Office Messages as “I’m at Outside Lands Watching Metallica” or “Visiting My Family in Florida.” I’m here today to talk to you about Paul Sokol, and the email you just sent him.

(Enter Billy, 8 years old, doe-eyed)

Billy: Mr. McClure? Why is Paul not answering any emails right now?

Troy: The answer is simple Billy: Paul is in San Diego this weekend providing support for an event and nowhere near his work email.

Billy: When is he going to be coming back?

Troy: He will be back on Monday morning.

Billy: Is he going to reply to the email they just sent?

Troy: If it warrants a response, Billy. If it warrants a response…

(Exit Billy)

That’s all for now. Watch for me in the upcoming Out of Office Message “At a Wedding,” coming this winter!
https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/hilarious-out-of-office-email-auto-replies
http://www.travelandleisure.com/culture-design/funny-out-of-office-messages
https://www.livechatinc.com/blog/funny-out-of-office-messages/
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140707113404-108071439-the-10-funniest-out-of-office-replies

Top Bottom