Discontinued Ghost MV1

Baron23

How to best maintain the one and only battery I have?!

Maybe???
tm9c68-P1-KXCq-J9-Os-VFB-REAPR1zcm-Mqrc-YZGO-2-Kq-NP6y-Boq-G89-5-LF2-Fw6c-KOt-ZQ99h-S4jhm-L2v-AW7dd-O1-ZVefeus-Hnqxo-C16-UU1-Fv-RZOpnkkju-Pj3-Y2-Ii-F1-e-tvk-TJxzat-Ty06-FYCS8h-Xe-I5yldeso-Hks1xx-Pip-U.jpg

I don't mean to be flippant...I have two of these suckers. Just trying to keep a bit of humor in play as things in general suck right now, yeah?

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok, so I have a mostly functional SS that has a slightly sticky fire button. I've taken it apart to attempt to fix the button, but I cannot get any closer than this without breaking glue bonds as far as I can tell. I'm going to try some canned air (I tried this before disassembling but it made it worse), now that I can see the inside while blowing. I hope the unrestricted airflow will allow whatever is making it stick to clear out.

Anybody wanna see any other angles while I have it opened up?

Peese!

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Wow. I’ve had a like/sort-of-hate relationship with mine but it’s a bummer hearing this.

In retrospect the company name was somewhat inauspicious.

SquirrelMaster

I wouldn't worry about it that much unless you plan to store it for long periods of time. If that's the case then don't store them full charged.

The Ghost battery pack has a PCB and two very simple 18650's. @Kimosabe was so kind to post a picture of the internals http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ghost-mv1.25299/page-206#post-1433480 and http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ghost-mv1.25299/page-208#post-1435492

I can't tell if the cell is button top or not but it seems to match this one https://liionwholesale.com/products/protected-lg-m26-2600mah-18650-button-top-battery but I figure they would be using unprotected cells. Hard to tell if they're soldered in or just pop into place. My packs work well and are sealed up pretty good so I don't want to risk damaging one otherwise I'd try to open one myself.

Nice pictures @kiddvudu2 can you take some more shots of the latch for all the Stealth owners out there with ticking time bombs?

LabPong

Take the battery and vape and donate to someone.....then get a Tinymight.....problem solved! jk..

I know I'm always overboard in sarcasm...but my point is just that thinking back to being a beta MV1 user...and now that I have the TM...it is everything the MV1 was trying to be....but simpler and much much easier to use and get awesome vapor every time.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am going to part ways with mine.

Look me up in the classifieds.....

Last edited:
FlyingLow,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@kiddvudu2 Thanks for all the pics. My button sticks as well. Curious to see if it is better when you reassemble.

Bummer to hear about Ghost. Even with all its quirks (and it has a lot) I really do like this guy.

Maybe someone can figure out how to build out new battery packs - I would definitely buy a couple if someone did. Sort of the way @JCat does for Crafty.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Surprised & so bummed. :ugh: But what I'm most surprised & disappointed about is that after the sterling CS GV provided, they didn't man up & post here, on VL, IG & their website advising us of their folding up with an additional explanation as to the why of it. I think we deserved that. Maybe @stickstones has some inside info. for us?

As I love my ghosts, I intend to enjoy them fully until they crap out. As SquirrelMaster said, I'll be sure to not store my batteries fully charged.

At some point, I would think one of our members will figure out how to replace the batteries in the pack. If so, when the time comes, I will pay a professional to replace them for me.

I know I'm always overboard in sarcasm.

Oh no ... not you, LP! :rolleyes:
:lmao::tup:

We'll, sadly, off to remove the MV-2 from my w/l. & I'm gonna copy some of the support instructions & FAQ for future use if nec.

Last edited:

david8613

I remember when this vape first came out, it really was ahead of its time. Even with some of it quirks, when it worked it worked really well! That cooling system is a amazing it really cooled the vapor coming from that really short pathway. I dont know any other cooling system works as good. If I had one thing I didn't like about the mv1 it was the weight, its a heavy son of gun.

SquirrelMaster

I feel for the employees that had no hand in running it into the ground. I spoke with @virgil_GHOST many times not just for warranty issues but when I had questions about the device as well and he was always very helpful. I once asked what grinder the Ghost team preferred and he took the time to run around the office and take a poll for me (it was the Santa Cruz Shredder). Unbelievably good customer service every time. I had really hoped they were going to push out another vape that eliminated the flaws of the MV1 and I would have happily supported it. Customer service is so important to me and they nailed it everytime.

@Summer Yeah I'm also disappointed there was no announcement. The MV1 is still being sold at many shops so I feel bad for anyone that buys one at this point not knowing they're not getting any warranty.

Brewervapesalot

This vape is now discontinued and the company has closed. Troy wrote about it on his site.

Now I guess we finally know when those replacement batteries will be coming...:rolleyes:

:peace:

This was not a surprise. Many called it months ago. Hope everyone gets as much use out of their's as possible though... I really hope those who work for them are able to move onto gainful employment...

yogurtsauce

This was not a surprise. Many called it months ago. Hope everyone gets as much use out of their's as possible though... I really hope those who work for them are able to move onto gainful employment...
Well at least they can claim unemployment, and get the extra 600 a week

(Covid bill gives USA 2 trillion in emergency fund, you get (unemployment fund) + 600)** non usa

Brewervapesalot

Well at least they can claim unemployment, and get the extra 600 a week

(Covid bill gives USA 2 trillion in emergency fund, you get (unemployment fund) + 600)** non usa

Yeah and that's all well and good.

I really feel bad for those who lost jobs. I have someone that assists me, now, and my boss says when work she can do runs out, so does her job. I hate this feeling. She's got a kid. This economic shutdown has to stop. It killed the MV-1. That's the final straw.

Welfare/unemployment insurance benefits/stimulus/recompense, whatever you wanna call it, compared to a job, and one you really like no doubt.... there is no comparison.

I just feel for them... I may be putting someone in that situation and I could be next.

kiddvudu2

@kiddvudu2 Thanks for all the pics. My button sticks as well. Curious to see if it is better when you reassemble.
MVIMG-20200407-211559.jpg
MVIMG-20200407-212138.jpg

The friction seems to be happening between the 2 "C" slots on the frame and the "wings" on the button. Just wiping them clean with an ISO pad made a minor improvement, but not perfect. I put a very small film of propylene glycol
MVIMG-20200407-213057.jpg
around edge of button which helped some more. It may be back to original functionality now, this units button was slightly sticky out of the box.

I have always been gentle opening and closing the door of MV1, but from now on I'm going to go the extra mile. I will wait for it to cool down every time before removing a crucible, no exceptions.

Peese all!

django7

Sad news about Ghost folding, but not really unexpected.

The MV1 has been my daily driver for some time, and is my favorite vape of all time (so far :) ).

I have 4 working MV1s, 2 of which are essentially brand new. I have 8 battery packs, 3 of which are unused.

I intend to keep on using them until they all die. The only problem I've had with any of them is burned-out coils. Ghost replaced 3 units for me, free of charge, when the coils went out. I guess if that happens now, there will be no way to repair the unit.

In any case, I'm good for at least a year I'd guess, maybe more. I wonder if I'll wind up being the last person using one regularly? :p

It's a weird time and Ghost won't be the only small business to fold. I expect there to be a bit less innovation and new products coming out for some time.

Stay safe, everyone.

Top Bottom