Discontinued Ghost MV1

Northbear

81ATz7AxZVL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I'll keep an eye open for any clearance sales, but I imagine that Ghost
stuffed the distribution channels as best they could, so the distributers
all paid a lot for the stock they currently have.

Maybe in a year or two someone will find some crates in a warehouse and
we'll see well under $100. At least useful for batteries and parts.

There are people who do business while partying, but most tend to party
while doing a bit of business. That Ghost tour bus! Wonder where it is now?

Djsleepy

That Ghost tour bus! Wonder where it is now?

there is a wasted expense.... someone here should find it and buy and brake the door latches
I just nabbed a nickle edition. Only choice left was that or a rose gold. @Djsleepy or anybody else out there ever own a nickle MV1? Any repetitive issues?

yeah one had issue with latch....go figure

SquirrelMaster

Just in case “rose gold” scares you (and Ghost going under doesn’t), I have one and it looks like copper. It’s very nice looking.
I'm with you, it looks copper and I love it. I would guess they're the least popular and if I could get one for <$100 CDN I'll bite. Then at least I would have a backup unit for the inevitable death of my stealth.

there is a wasted expense.... someone here should find it and buy and brake the door latches
Ah ha ha you had me roaring with that comment!

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Jill NYC

kiddvudu2

Just in case “rose gold” scares you (and Ghost going under doesn’t), I have one and it looks like copper. It’s very nice looking.

Not trying to sound manly here, but it hadn't anything to do with the look (I'm colorblind). Just haven't heard anything about rose gold and didn't have any data to base a decision on regarding known issues. :)

Wow, I about spit some very nice bourbon out when I read this! Hahaha! Thanks my friend, a good laugh is very much appreciated!

Also, my first one was rose gold and indeed it looked copper like to me. It went hard belly up within a couple of days and we replaced it with a SS.

Well, I guess it's a roll of the dice. Puffitup's chat rep said they are honoring the warranty that is advertised (2 years / 1 yr on battery). Even after I mentioned that the company is out of business. I just want to make sure I receive a functional unit or am able to exchange it if it's DOA.

readyman

Not trying to sound manly here, but it hadn't anything to do with the look (I'm colorblind). Just haven't heard anything about rose gold and didn't have any data to base a decision on regarding known issues. :)

Wow, I about spit some very nice bourbon out when I read this! Hahaha! Thanks my friend, a good laugh is very much appreciated!

Well, I guess it's a roll of the dice. Puffitup's chat rep said they are honoring the warranty that is advertised (2 years / 1 yr on battery). Even after I mentioned that the company is out of business. I just want to make sure I receive a functional unit or am able to exchange it if it's DOA.
Thats good to hear I just received my black chrome Ghost and had a few problems and wondered if puffitup was going to warranty it

readyman,

badbee

Puffitup's chat rep said they are honoring the warranty

I wonder if this is a misunderstanding of some kind. Puffitup is a great provider but how can they realistically provide this warranty? Hold on to stock for 2 years to provide replacements? That seems... impractical. Fully refund your money on a vape that is known to have reliability issues? If Ghost couldn't stay in business doing that how can Puffitup?

I know everyone has good intentions here but I would be skeptical about warranty promises. This just doesn't seem plausible.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I know it's against the rules to compare or discuss other vapes in a vape specific thread. Seeing as how this is now a discontinued vape that was always troubled by defects and design flaws the MV1 owners (and those considering an mv1 at the clearance price) might like to know there are other good options even in the $120 range.

The various 510 dry herb heaters probably top the list for value (Splinter, iHeat, Glow, etc.). Sticky Bricks generally go on sale for 420. The Milaana 3 will probably be part of the RBT sale in a few weeks. The Tinymight and Tetra P80 are worth the wait for anyone with a higher budget.

Just something to consider before buying a fussy, discontinued portable with the hopes that your unit won't break as quickly.

kiddvudu2

I wonder if this is a misunderstanding of some kind. Puffitup is a great provider but how can they realistically provide this warranty? Hold on to stock for 2 years to provide replacements? That seems... impractical. Fully refund your money on a vape that is known to have reliability issues? If Ghost couldn't stay in business doing that how can Puffitup?

I know everyone has good intentions here but I would be skeptical about warranty promises. This just doesn't seem plausible.

Completely agree, I'm just hoping if it does arrive DOA they will allow me to replace it with another one if they still have stock.

kiddvudu2,

Brewervapesalot

Warranties are just contracts entered into at or after the time of purchase. The remedy for a claim is defined by the contract's terms. It could just be a refund of some or all money, a store credit, or whatever the warranty language says.

Tire warranties are a good example. When tire fails, they measure the tread. Whatever was used on the tire is not refunded, existing tread left is given a value and that is refunded.

Read the warranty language before purchasing.

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: kiddvudu2

Summer

Long Island, NY
GV was hanging on by a thread. It's probable that it would have gone under regardless of covid-19; it may have just hastened it's demise. You can't send out the volume of replacement parts they were w/o taking a substantial financial hit. I assume with their financials, raising capital was nigh impossible. I suspect if they had made it to the MV-2 things they may have been able to be turned around, but this we'll never know. It's just a damn shame because, IMO, the MV-2 would have been a killer vape.

BTW, what was the problem with battery inventory. Money? Someone posted about a batch with the wrong specs, & GV & the mfr were at odds?

MinnBobber

Quick question guys, since ghost is gone. I have a like new mv1 for sale in classifieds not sure if someone is gonna buy it from me. I'm wondering if I end up keeping it, what would be the estomated total life span of the mv1? My ghost had Very light use.

For those that like their MV-1s, getting a spare unit now can really extend the usable life of it.
With a spare for alternating use now, and/ or a future parts machine and another battery etc, it should keep kickin for a long long time.
Spare unit probably means non Stealth for best results.

It is sort of like Herbalizer lovers now looking for units cuz it ain’t no more....

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I don't think the Ghost is as "cheap" as many other China-produced vapes. It isn't cheap plastic like many others & has a nice finish, the MP assembly is well made & the vape had more mfr'd parts than most.

Just my :2c:. Apart from the latch issue, I think a fair amount of replacements after release of the stealth model in 2018 were due to user error where nothing was wrong with the vape. And I suspect that many who got replacement batteries, which were voluminous early on, were milking GV's warranty policy of sending out replacement parts no questions asked with no returns. I think they should have had the customer pay for shipping both ways until it was determined that there was a legitimate issue in which case the shipping would be refundable.

Brewervapesalot

I don't think the Ghost is as "cheap" as many other China-produced vapes. It isn't cheap plastic like many others & has a nice finish, the MP assembly is well made & the vape had more mfr'd parts than most.

Just my :2c:. Apart from the latch issue, I think a fair amount of replacements after release of the stealth model in 2018 were due to user error where nothing was wrong with the vape. And I suspect that many who got replacement batteries, which were voluminous early on, were milking GV's warranty policy of sending out replacement parts no questions asked with no returns. I think they should have had the customer pay for shipping both ways until it was determined that there was a legitimate issue in which case the shipping would be refundable.

I agree. Had issues early with units and got freebie batteries. But I didnt feel bad as the fast charger and batteries were waaaaaaaay overpriced. I think the lesson, shown repeatedly now this forum, is proprietary batteries are not appreciated by customers, cause supply issues, and shorten the life of the vaporizer.

Baron23

+1 ^^

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
GV was hanging on by a thread. It's probable that it would have gone under regardless of covid-19; it may have just hastened it's demise. You can't send out the volume of replacement parts they were w/o taking a substantial financial hit.
No kidding. I had overheating issues and they just sent me a new one and didn’t want the original back, even though it’s essentially in decent working order. So now I have two operable units for the price of one. Crazy.

Top Bottom