• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I keep falling in and out of love with this device. When paired with the right strain, at the right humidity levels, MAGIC happens and the milky vapor pours out. That first draw is one of the largest, coolest a dry vaporist can find.

Sadly, this experience just does not come to life for all strains and some can just be downright disappointing and not medicating at all.

... I keep holding on to it for the good times, but I feel I've also curated a vape collection that makes me rarely pull this off the shelf.

I am on the fence on whether or not to keep it. What do you all think?

badbee

Thanks Guys! was able to ply it out with haze tweezers with only a tiny scratch on the paint :) working nicely again after a cleaning do get tunneling but very potent hits more so than any other vape I tried.

I didn't see this until today. Generally the best way to get out a stuck heat sink is to push it up from below using something non scratching like a soft plastic pen or a chop stick. Try that if it happens again.

badbee,

badbee

You should use whatever makes you happy :). I use my MV1 by preference about 10 to 1 over a Splinter Z (and v2) and use that by preference 10 to 1 over a VapCap. I don't have a big collection to choose from however.

There are times when the crucible is dissatisfying but I found it is almost always a problem with grind, humidity or packing. Typically I know it isn't quite right before I even start and can make the necessary adjustments for the next crucible.

My biggest concern is the quality of the batteries and inadequate regulation when the battery voltage drops.

vapeverythingnyc

I keep falling in and out of love with this device. When paired with the right strain, at the right humidity levels, MAGIC happens and the milky vapor pours out. That first draw is one of the largest, coolest a dry vaporist can find.

Sadly, this experience just does not come to life for all strains and some can just be downright disappointing and not medicating at all.

... I keep holding on to it for the good times, but I feel I've also curated a vape collection that makes me rarely pull this off the shelf.

Same boat here. Well said. Same question from me.

vapeverythingnyc,

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
:D

I’ve been using fine ground flower with a little more of an aggressive tamp, and the mouthpiece extended as far out as it takes to hear that slight bubbling sound. Once I started paying attention to that sound, I personally have been getting great results. Of course the crucible needs to be stirred, but only once most of the time for me. I also pretty much only keep the device at 428 (lucky enough to have downloaded the app before the ban, so it’s my custom setting) unless I want to get a quick hit in at 392... before kicking it back up to 428 :D

Vapor Mainline,
Reactions: Summer

david8613

I have a few very nice vapes. I like using all of them, but I mostly use my ti grasshopper right now because it's so easy to load and unload, gives me just the right amount of effects, plus its the size of a dam pen but! Too cool. but the vape that always slaps me silly when I use it is my ghost mv1, she always surprises me when I use it! Lots of effects, sometimes too much. Super cool vapor too compared to the warmer grasshopper vapor. I have brought and sold many vapes, ghost mv1 is keeper. If you load as recommended, no other can give the same flavorful, cool vapor and effects the mv1 gives. Its true about over filling dont do that. She works better with less.

ginolicious

I see recently people have been saying they fall in and out of love with it. If it creates more hassle than pleasure. Get rid of it. That’s why I won’t buy one. I adopted the Haze Square early. I wanted to love it. I wanted it to work. I did everything imaginable. And you know what. One day it would work amazing. The next it wouldn’t. It was so inconsistent and a let down when it didn’t work. If that’s happening with this unit for you. Time to move onto something else.

cosimo

This is how I have "fixed" my latch to stop it from opening at higher temps mid sesion... its just a piece of paper folded several times to fit snuggly in the space to the right in the opening button... that way the button doesn't move at all.

20200401-174216.jpg

Also I open and close the latch carefully to help the teeth from breaking.. didn't know that was a future problem.. tanks

crudo

Wow
This is how I have "fixed" my latch to stop it from opening at higher temps mid sesion... its just a piece of paper folded several times to fit snuggly in the space to the right in the opening button... that way the button doesn't move at all.

20200401-174216.jpg

Also I open and close the latch carefully to help the teeth from breaking.. didn't know that was a future problem.. tanks
man yyeah that works. Nice workaround! thanks

Marcus

I'm finding it's all aboutthe right strain and how dry the dope is.

Mine seems to kick butt with dry buds that fluff up to dust when ground.

My fave airy landrace bud strain I get about 3 decent hits out of it at 2 amber, but pop a gorilla jizz fruity posicle funny named strain in there and I can go for a good 7 or 8 hits. Loads of clouds.

BUT... and it's a big but... my landrace strain knocks me out more with those fewer hits. :shrug:

I suppose it's about finding your groove, I run the ghost and the SSV or LSV now and the rest are paperweights until I need a change, then I might run the elev8r or the miqro, but the MV1 is always in the rotation as a daily driver.

Both the wife and myself are real happy with ours. :tup:

cosimo

I am still loving my Ghost, you just can't beat it once you learn to not overload it. The best $125 I have spent on any vape product.:2c:

Second that! And loving the extra crucibles that came with that promo as well... wish I had 30 crucibles more and an additional heatsink or two.

About not overloading... I saw how true this was when I lent my ghost to a friend for a day a few weeks back and he got mixed results. When we met again I packed 7 crucibles in front of him and we vaporized them all without any issues. He noted he would put at least twice as much weed as I was putting per crucible even though he wasn't packing it tight... he said he was following the "tap tap tap" video and my instructions -except for the small quantity of herbs part. We use the same weed, and I've done several tests with other strains and fewer is definitely better most of the time... awkward to put in so little, but it does produce better hits and more even AVB.
But, as it happens to @Marcus-TGC, landraces do produce less hits for me too, but what I do is I pack a bit more than with other strains, or have an extra crucible ready. Landraces i've tried haven't been too resinous and quite leafy, so i was blaming it on that.

BTW, I feel most grind types work as long as you pack the appropriate amount (and allow the herb to dry a few hours after taking out of the jar). I prefer medium or coarse now to retain more flavor, and finer is great too but herbs can fall into the heater and i just don't like that idea... and most of the strains i have now lose flavor when ground fine which I think is due to my grinder. Any how, people should give lighter filling a few tries... it has worked great with my MV1... would spend the same 125 again if the situation were different... ohhh an extra MV1 :drool: .

Last edited:

Baron23

So.....why is EVERYTHING on Ghost's site...including all vapes...out of stock?

I can't get one to go into my cart. None of them....Rose Gold says out of stock (sometimes) and others just won't go into cart and I get some error message that "the product you want is not available".

And no batts or fast chargers.

So, what's up with the 420 sale plastered on the top of their website if they don't have any products???/

Djsleepy

So.....why is EVERYTHING on Ghost's site...including all vapes...out of stock?

I can't get one to go into my cart. None of them....Rose Gold says out of stock (sometimes) and others just won't go into cart and I get some error message that "the product you want is not available".

And no batts or fast chargers.

So, what's up with the 420 sale plastered on the top of their website if they don't have any products???/

I believe it’s cause we are on lockdown over most of US and only essential (I know my MV1 is essential they don’t) business can be open this way they don’t have orders sitting with no way to process and ship....or it’s Haze part 2..... lol

SquirrelMaster

@virgil_GHOST
How are things at Ghost, you guys don't have a single product in stock as far as I can tell. What's happening over there, is everyone ok?

Edit: No activity on Instagram since March 22 either and the Ghost accounts typically post daily or maybe every 2 days especially lately. I really hope this isn't COVID related.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

I called it! Haze part 2 well I guess I can tell what I know.....right now I have 6 ghosts ....1 bought at cost, and 1 for$125 in nov., Once I had figured out that the latch was causing the issues.with not working and performance...you usually see.this as only getting one good hit before it starts letting in air and darkening after one hit......so Ghost.told me to not even send them back, with this I knew we were in trouble .....but if your latch goes.out.I'm having ggreat.result with gorilla tape!

That's two bad.ones in a row.....hope my new Mighty does well

Cue up another one bites.the.dust.......

Last edited:

LabPong

See what happens when you put 2 big ass chunks of silicone in the vapor path....and tell people its not really in the vapor path.........

Oh....yea and the bad door latch.......

Oh....yea......all those other issues and stuff like not listening to experienced vaporists when your in alpha/beta.

Choices

Fans will start looking for batteries. Didn’t someone break open the battery pack and it is just a couple 18650s? I could be thinking of another model.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
My Stealth is still in decent shape, and I have an unused silver one from that big $125 sale they had. it's has always been a finicky performer for me, but I don't need a portable that often so it will do the job for now.

Relaxed,
Top Bottom